PERIO 2010 anyone???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi tsncom

Did you get any interview calls ?

Just so you know about Michigan interview. I externed there and this is what I heard from residents. You interview at about 7 different stations with different faculty in the AM. Then you have lunch with residents while all the interviewers meet and pretty much decide who they want. Then you meet with Hom-Lay Wang, the director of the program. He is a pretty intense personality. He will ask you what makes you different than all the rest of the interviewers so be ready to give a good answer - meaning he'll pinpoint all your low points in the application and you will have to tell him why you're better. The interesting part is that he's pretty much made his decision already and he may even tell you at that point whether you're in. Just something to know, he's into the idea of making your CV better when you graduate. Also, keep in mind that even though UMichigan is very research oriented school, he doesn't really think so. Best of luck to all who interview there.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone heard from Iowa, Minnesota and Alabama?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview from the University of Detroit-Mercy and the University of Michigan. Maybe they're out to bring me into Michigan to reconstruct their ailing economy?

Hi tsncom did u hear back from stony brook as yet ? or do you know any one else who did ?

Hi tsncom did u hear back from stony brook as yet ? or do you know any one else who did ?

I know that they've already extended offers to others. IF you haven't heard, you're probably on their wait list.

Thankx tsncom....im still :xf:for d magical call....al d best 2 u 2.....

I too applied for Colombia did not hear anything yet. Did not even receive any e - mail from them stating whether application is complete or not.
Did anyone hear from Columbia University? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to Temple and called Case Western since I externed there over summer and they were my first choice. Got accepted to Case, and I'll be accepting their offer. In the meantime, I got an interview call from NYU.

I got accepted to Temple and called Case Western since I externed there over summer and they were my first choice. Got accepted to Case, and I'll be accepting their offer. In the meantime, I got an interview call from NYU.

Congrats tsncom! where will you go?
do u know the dates of the interviews to nyu?
ty

Congrats tsncom! where will you go?
do u know the dates of the interviews to nyu?
ty

I'll be going to Case. NYU wanted me to call back to set up the date. It seemed as if it was up to me to decide which date I wanted as long as the director was available. So the answer to your question is that there are no definitive dates.

Today i got acceptance from UTHSC Memphis...I am very very happy :):):)...I have accepted the position...

Yesterday, I got rejection frm OSU...though school is awesome and they all are more like family...Dr. Mariotti is the best person...

I haven't heard from Uconn...but, I don't need to worry now...and I will not be attending the interview at Baylor...

I am heading to UTHSC, Memphis...Thank you SDN and all of you guys...

Hey AAGI ..could you please tell me your experiences in UTHSC memphis Perio program?...I have an interview..also any particular person to be vary of during interviews??

Today i got acceptance from UTHSC Memphis...I am very very happy :):):)...I have accepted the position...

Yesterday, I got rejection frm OSU...though school is awesome and they all are more like family...Dr. Mariotti is the best person...

I haven't heard from Uconn...but, I don't need to worry now...and I will not be attending the interview at Baylor...

I am heading to UTHSC, Memphis...Thank you SDN and all of you guys...

Hey AAGI ..could you please tell me your experiences in UTHSC memphis Perio program?...I have an interview..also any person to be vary of during interviews

I applied to 12 schools including Harvard, Columbia, Tufts, NYU, BU, UPenn, San Antonio, Maryland, Washington, Houston, UNC, UCSF

I interviewed at SA, Washington, Tufts, NYU, UPenn, Houston and Maryland.
I turned down Columbia and BU for interview.
Harvard, UNC and UCSF never called me. :( I can understand why harvard never called because I haven't done much research, but UNC and UCSF...I don't know what they did to my application.
I was accepted at NYU, Tufts, UPenn, Houston and Maryland. I took Tufts offer because they interviewed me really early, but retracted their offer after I heard from Maryland. So...
I'm going to Maryland next year!
My top choice was SA, but I guess the applicants are really competitive this year, or so I heard. But anyways, Maryland's a great school, so I'm pretty happy about my choice. Let me know where you're going because I might have seen you at the interviews or I'll see you at the AO/AAP meetings next year. ;)

congratulation! i sent u pm... best of luck in the future

Hi all,
Did anyone interview at BU?
They are not replying to my emails!!
Thanks.

Sorry for late reply...I haven't checked SDN last few days...
It was very lengthy...abt 8 faculties have took my interview...It was very formal...very simple ques...
Why Perio?
Why our school?
what you doing now?
yr experience in dental school?
Where do you yrself after 5 yrs?
our program is very competitive, what sets u apart from other candidates?
Do you have any ques? always ask ques...abt the program...

Only one clinician had asked me abt clinical ques...he gave me a case and asked what you will do in this pt? what do you see in pt with moderate perio? I mean to say gingival conditions...

Other than that it was simple...just make yrself clear and confident regarding yr answers...

Hey AAGI ..could you please tell me your experiences in UTHSC memphis Perio program?...I have an interview..also any person to be vary of during interviews

anyone get accepted to UCSF? maryland? or UNC?

I applied to 12 schools including Harvard, Columbia, Tufts, NYU, BU, UPenn, San Antonio, Maryland, Washington, Houston, UNC, UCSF

I interviewed at SA, Washington, Tufts, NYU, UPenn, Houston and Maryland.
I turned down Columbia and BU for interview.
Harvard, UNC and UCSF never called me. :( I can understand why harvard never called because I haven't done much research, but UNC and UCSF...I don't know what they did to my application.
I was accepted at NYU, Tufts, UPenn, Houston and Maryland. I took Tufts offer because they interviewed me really early, but retracted their offer after I heard from Maryland. So...
I'm going to Maryland next year!
My top choice was SA, but I guess the applicants are really competitive this year, or so I heard. But anyways, Maryland's a great school, so I'm pretty happy about my choice. Let me know where you're going because I might have seen you at the interviews or I'll see you at the AO/AAP meetings next year. ;)

Very impressive!
Can I ask you about your stats? Did you do any research? Any extras?

i dont want to be rude or anything......but can u plz tell u when were u interviewed at nova coz as far as i know the interview calls r not even out yet......your information will appreciated

i dont want to be rude or anything......but can u plz tell us when were u interviewed at nova coz as far as i know the interview calls r not even out yet......your information will be appreciated:)

I know that for the most part, perio programs have finished admitting their upcoming class for summer of 2010. Can everyone share where they'll be summer of 2010?

Just wondering, does anyone wish Perio did Match instead of rolling admissions for Perio? It seems like students are getting the short end of the stick by not being able to visit all programs before getting acceptance offers.

Hi!
Anyone heard from USC Perio 2010?
I haven't heard yet..was wondering if anyone has..

thanks

Have USC accepted their candidates?..I applied and haven't heard...If anyone has had an interview/ accepted from Perio USC..please let me know!!!

nothing from them till now

am still waiting but i dont know when they will start to contact us

nothing from them till now

am still waiting but i dont know when they will start to contact us

As far as I know admission process at all schools for 2010 are completed. I suggest think on next course of action, instead of waiting.

As far as I know admission process at all schools for 2010 are completed. I suggest think on next course of action, instead of waiting.

there are some schools did not complete their admission process

i think still there is hope

even if not this year but the next year :)

can you share with us the schools (( perio programs)) which complete their admissions

As I heard from one of the applicants USC director made his selection but am not sure is it for the interview or the the acceptance to the program

and letters will be issued as soon as possible

best luck for all

As far as I know, USC interviewed candidates in the first week of this month. One resident there told me. I am not sure if they are sending any more.

As I heard from one of the applicants USC director made his selection but am not sure is it for the interview or the the acceptance to the program

and letters will be issued as soon as possible

best luck for all

As far as I know, USC interviewed candidates in the first week of this month. One resident there told me. I am not sure if they are sending any more.
that mean they are the selected ones for the program :)

I know that for the most part, perio programs have finished admitting their upcoming class for summer of 2010. Can everyone share where they'll be summer of 2010?

I wasnt lucky at all with the Perio programs.. However... Good things were waiting for me. I applied to 5 programs for international dentists..And was invited for 4 interviews ( UOP, UCLA, USC and UTHSCSA). Already got acceptance from UTHSCSA...Waiting to go to 2 interviews and hear back from UOP.
I really thought the international program was gonna be more competitive and difficult for me to get in. Turns out that having a perio degree from another country made it hard for me to get in perio but easier to get in international program I guess...

But now I am happy with my choice. Since I am already a perio, I wont have the certificate in America, but will get to do a lot of perio as a GP... I am happy :)

Hope you guys got into the schools you wanted.

Hi namratasnv,
was it perio that you interviewed for? I see that you are pre-health, just checking.
Thks-

For which date? I also got a call few days back...they sent invitation 7 candidates only...

Hi Guys, i m new to SDN. I had done my perio from india, 4 year experience.. gpa 3.55 (bds) and 2.84 (mds). Part 1 - 80. research experience, thesis, 1 publication. With above stats, i wish to apply for perio program (masters) in US. what are your comments.. i m bit confused whether to do my boards and do general dentistry or should concentrate for perio.. pls advice...