PCOM class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if you have a legit problem w/ anything at PCOM you can usually work the situation out through student affairs...they seem to be pretty responsive and helpful from what I've seen....they're not out to screw anyone over...

btw...wait until you see the rediculous $hit that your anal retentive classmates complain about in the beginning of the year....it was pretty funny last year...

Members don't see this ad.

To anyone who knows (upper classmen etc):

What days are anatomy and histo labs?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
medhacker said:
To anyone who knows (upper classmen etc):

What days are anatomy and histo labs?

Thanks

Yo Medhacker. Our Schedule for the first trimester is posted on Blackboard already. check it out homee.

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
Yo Medhacker. Our Schedule for the first trimester is posted on Blackboard already. check it out homee.

My man!

That schedule makes me want to live in a dorm right there in the middle of PCOM, wow

anyone knows if that little rock/stone house has any vacancies?

medhacker said:
My man!

That schedule makes me want to live in a dorm right there in the middle of PCOM, wow

anyone knows if that little rock/stone house has any vacancies?

Where do you guys see times for the schedule?? I looked on my student schedule and it has TBA next to the times.

EDIT: I found it...thanks

USArmyDoc said:
Where do you guys see times for the schedule?? I looked on my student schedule and it has TBA next to the times.

EDIT: I found it...thanks
Anyone know when we find out what letter we are for labs and the like?

Dancing Doctor said:
Anyone know when we find out what letter we are for labs and the like?

I'm hoping we find that stuff out during orientation.

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
I'm hoping we find that stuff out during orientation.

Its by last name roughly a-k will go mondays divided into groups A and B, l-z will go on tuesdays divided into groups C and D. They switch times but not days every week.

JonnyG said:
Its by last name roughly a-k will go mondays divided into groups A and B, l-z will go on tuesdays divided into groups C and D. They switch times but not days every week.

That's what I figured, but I wanted to be sure. I'll just assume I am in the last possible group :laugh: I wonder if that's why pre-orientation is split up the way it is?

yeah don't freak out too much when you look at the schedule....you won't be there as many afternoons as it initially looks like....i think it was around 2-3 avg per week....once anatomy lab is out of the way your time at school can definitely decrease if you want it to...

did anyone pick up any textbooks yet on the Bb list??? Are their books we should just disreguard?

Members don't see this ad :)
Taus said:
yeah don't freak out too much when you look at the schedule....you won't be there as many afternoons as it initially looks like....i think it was around 2-3 avg per week....once anatomy lab is out of the way your time at school can definitely decrease if you want it to...

Taus...What is a SP Session?? I see there is one from ~1 pm to 6:45 pm?!?!

SP= standardized patient. 2 a trimester. Each one last an hour or so. Everyone is scheduled at different times and different days. Its when you play doctor.........literally.

JonnyG said:
SP= standardized patient. 2 a trimester. Each one last an hour or so. Everyone is scheduled at different times and different days. Its when you play doctor.........literally.

Nice...thanks Jonny.

does anybody know how we are supposed to pay our tuition by Aug 4th if we're paying entirely through loans (and don't have a high enough credit limit on a credit card)?

dont worry about it...as longs as everything is set w/ your loans through pcom financial aid office dispersement will be on a set date for everyone

Guys,

Did you find First Aid helpful when studying for your classes? I have been told that its really helpful. Any adviceee??

USArmyDoc said:
Guys,

Did you find First Aid helpful when studying for your classes? I have been told that its really helpful. Any adviceee??
I've heard it's good as well, but I think that I will be waiting on the newest (2007) edition, which is released in December....

SOme people swear by it, I never used it and did well. I will use it for the boards. Most of my friends used it for a quick review. SCRIBE NOTES will be your best friend, except during Cell and Tissue (2nd trimester). During that class it is ALL the packet. 95% of the test questions are in the packet.

JonnyG said:
SOme people swear by it, I never used it and did well. I will use it for the boards. Most of my friends used it for a quick review. SCRIBE NOTES will be your best friend, except during Cell and Tissue (2nd trimester). During that class it is ALL the packet. 95% of the test questions are in the packet.

Yea, many of the students I have spoken to swear by it as well. I just don't know how to fit it into an already crazy study schedule. I think I am going to wait and see.

Quick question....I am sure all of you are looking at all the anatomy stuff that has been posted online. However, are any of you seriously studying it. I have studied it and memorized a bunch of it but there are still some things I am confused about. For example, Olecranon process, I can't exactly see where they are pointing to. I am afraid I am going to get smoked in anatomy because I don't have all this knowledge down. I took anatomy in undergrad and know all the names and places just not like a doctor would. Sorry if I sound incoherent, its the nerves.

seeing it is much easier... in my undergrad anatomy class we had to know all of the stuff that is online. wait until you get the books, dissector, etc. it'll be much easier. Plus we've got time to learn this stuff. I don't think the point of that stuff was to make sure you have it all down before orientation. Tons of study groups will commence after classes. Until then, I am not going to worry about it. And I don't think you should either. :love:

relax...I had 0 anatomy knowledge going into the class and ended up doing pretty well...every word of it was a foriegn language at first.......it takes some hard work but once you see things on the body it'll all start making some sense

Dancing Doctor said:
seeing it is much easier... in my undergrad anatomy class we had to know all of the stuff that is online. wait until you get the books, dissector, etc. it'll be much easier. Plus we've got time to learn this stuff. I don't think the point of that stuff was to make sure you have it all down before orientation. Tons of study groups will commence after classes. Until then, I am not going to worry about it. And I don't think you should either. :love:

I hear ya....I just want to use my very very basic foundation and have that stuff down. I am not gonna go crazy but at least get some of the cobwebs out.

USArmyDoc said:
I hear ya....I just want to use my very very basic foundation and have that stuff down. I am not gonna go crazy but at least get some of the cobwebs out.
Yeah. If you really want to do that I would find better figures.

Did you guys notice our Social Schedule for orientation week on nucleus?

I'm pretty excited about the bowling. :laugh: Going to be a fun week. :thumbup: :thumbup:

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
I'm pretty excited about the bowling. :laugh: Going to be a fun week.
I'm not so good at bowling. Not my idea of a fantastic time, but we will see. Now for the Pub Crawl...that's something I might actually do well at :laugh: Anyone know if we have to transport ourselves?

I didn't receive any of the emails that you are talking about from the Dean. Does anyone have any ideas why? Also, I can't get the orientation schedule from nucleus. It keeps saying "Your membership in DO Class of 2010 (PCOM) has either been disabled or deleted by the group leader or Group Studio administrator." HELLLP!!!

Courtney3 said:
I didn't receive any of the emails that you are talking about from the Dean. Does anyone have any ideas why? Also, I can't get the orientation schedule from nucleus. It keeps saying "Your membership in DO Class of 2010 (PCOM) has either been disabled or deleted by the group leader or Group Studio administrator." HELLLP!!!
Happened to me too. You have to go to the help tab and send a request to be added to the group. They did mine within 24 hours of my request.

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
Did you guys notice our Social Schedule for orientation week on nucleus?

I'm pretty excited about the bowling. :laugh: Going to be a fun week. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Me, too I can't wait until we can go bowling and meet the rest of the classmates. DO Sigma Nu guy, how is your trip to miami? Having fun?

Goped said:
Me, too I can't wait until we can go bowling and meet the rest of the classmates. DO Sigma Nu guy, how is your trip to miami? Having fun?

This is Huy right?! Dude how is your break going!

Man Miami was a blast. Totally different from sitting in 326 for 2 weeks of Biochem. :rolleyes:

Hey did you move into your new place yet? I'll be back in Philly on Tuesday...we are going to hit up South Street again or play some Texas Hold em'.

You coming? :thumbup:

Does anyone know what the red/brownish parking decal stand for?

are there any other parking decal colors? :confused:

I think all of the decals are the same color. Your ID card will determine where you can park. The garage is free after 5pm on weekdays and all day on weekends.

Thanks for your help. I sent them an email so hopefully it will be working soon. Would someone be able to tell me what the schedule for orientation is like? I can't move into my apartment until August 9th so I'm going to have to commute from home each day. 2 hrs. each way. I'm not really sure how many of the evening activities I am going to make :(

I'll just be happy once everything is started. I hate the first day of school. It makes me feel like a little kid again.

Courtney3 said:
Thanks for your help. I sent them an email so hopefully it will be working soon. Would someone be able to tell me what the schedule for orientation is like? I can't move into my apartment until August 9th so I'm going to have to commute from home each day. 2 hrs. each way. I'm not really sure how many of the evening activities I am going to make :(

I'll just be happy once everything is started. I hate the first day of school. It makes me feel like a little kid again.

Courtney....Try and find a classmate that will allow you to crash with them....Its only 3 days.

What are you guys wearing to pre-orientation? Also, what did the 09er's wear throughout orientation? Thanks

USArmyDoc said:
What are you guys wearing to pre-orientation? Also, what did the 09er's wear throughout orientation? Thanks
normal clothes....shorts, t-shirts...whatever........no need to dress up

Taus said:
normal clothes....shorts, t-shirts...whatever........no need to dress up

Oh, because on our orientation schedule it has casual professional.

USArmyDoc said:
Oh, because on our orientation schedule it has casual professional.
hmm..weird.....i remember wearing normal clothes last year....maybe thats just for the new thing they're doing w/ specific times for your pre-orientation w/ composite pictures...just a guess....but regular orientation week was definitely regular clothes last year

Okay sorry for all the questions guys but....

We were all granted $38,500 from the government. When do we receive this money and will PCOM automatically withdraw the tuition from this amount? Will I have access to the remainder via MY checking account for living expenses? Thanks

I think they were casual professional last year and we just ignored it. People were nicely dressed the first day.

Disbursement of money happens every trimester where you get a third of your loan money. It first goes to the school where they take out their share and then to your checking account. The loan company will have a list of disbursement days on their website then add a few days for it to go to your chekcing account.

JonnyG said:
I think they were casual professional last year and we just ignored it. People were nicely dressed the first day.

Disbursement of money happens every trimester where you get a third of your loan money. It first goes to the school where they take out their share and then to your checking account. The loan company will have a list of disbursement days on their website then add a few days for it to go to your chekcing account.

Thanks Jonny......I was surprised to see casual-professional. I guess I'll wait and see.....That makes sense for tution disbursements.

Hey guys,

What should we expect for orientation- will we be sitting listening to lectures each day- or are there different activities planned- just curious?

Did any of you buy books or supplies yet? I'm not really sure what we are going to need....any ideas?

Courtney3 said:
Did any of you buy books or supplies yet? I'm not really sure what we are going to need....any ideas?

The only thing you need outright are Binders for Scribe notes. Don't buy anything else. Most of the books tend to be a big waste of money.

:thumbup: How did everyone like today? Like your lab partners?

Its gonna be a fun year.