Path and SoCute are in our rearview mirror...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - I think my ability to sleep in is broken. Yesterday I "slept in" 'til 9 and today I didn't even make it til then. I wonder how whacko my sleep schedule is going to go on me once I hit M3.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow - I think my ability to sleep in is broken. Yesterday I "slept in" 'til 9 and today I didn't even make it til then. I wonder how whacko my sleep schedule is going to go on me once I hit M3.

I think you'll find that "sleep" and "schedule" no longer go together.

But the M4 year is fabulous once you get past those pesky sub-Is!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think my drunk is broken. No more drinking on the weekend for me for a few weeks!!!!

Hehe :)

It's a post-exam weekend for me :). Although I wholeheartedly expect the drinking to continue into the week and probably through next weekend!

Had a party last night.
It snowed here as well. Nobody here can drive in the snow.

I think you'll find that "sleep" and "schedule" no longer go together.

But the M4 year is fabulous once you get past those pesky sub-Is!

The last 2 months of my 4th year will blow because I had to push my required stuff at the end in order to do all my 3 EM rotations, and Step 2 study month. I'll find ways to skip hopefully.

The last 2 months of my 4th year will blow because I had to push my required stuff at the end in order to do all my 3 EM rotations, and Step 2 study month. I'll find ways to skip hopefully.

Tell me about it. I'm doing my sub-I. All my friends are drinking gin and tonic in the afternoons because they are done with their radiology hour.

Ah, to be a medical student again.... ;)

Hee, I start pulm clinic on Monday and I'm not excited about having to show up all day, every day. 8-4 is just so taxing and oh my there are some 7:30 conferences. Don't know what I'm gonna do.

I am finally done with my article......thank God.....I'd rather pull my teeth than go through that topic again.

Podcasts are the absolute worst way to learn. For me anyway, I need something visual.:mad:

I love using MP3s, but I supplement them by looking at the ppt slides at the same time.

I only started doing this b/c for our respiratory physio class they decided they couldn't put slides out ahead of time and I HATE taking notes on a ppt lecture without having access to the darn slides!

Members don't see this ad :)
I love using MP3s, but I supplement them by looking at the ppt slides at the same time.

I only started doing this b/c for our respiratory physio class they decided they couldn't put slides out ahead of time and I HATE taking notes on a ppt lecture without having access to the darn slides!

We actually get ours with the powerpoint presentation, but have to access it online only. (no ipod or mp3 option) I like it because I know exactly what slide they are referring to.

I am going to have to study really hard this week to catch up.

As previously mentioned, it snowed here yesterday.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TV2Xnoj7Es[/YOUTUBE]

She doesn't like the snow as much as she likes the beach.

hey everyone I have an avatar? (I think that is what it called) now!!! just wanted to share in my personal satisfaction....as I am waisting time where I should be looking up guidelines for biventricular pacers for my subI month (feeling shared since of pity with everyone tortured with late in the year subI rotations)

what a busy day at the Peds ED..

We had a busy day too. I'm not kidding with my Avitar's tag line - It's gastro time, baby! One more n/v/d with fever and moderate volume depletion and I might scream.

Then again, when the nurse can't get the IV 'cause the kids too dry... I know I made the right call.

All, the vagaries of medicine.

Who else would be able to fall out of bed and actually hurt themselves but me?

I thought at first I managed to break a bone in my foot. However, didn't feel like getting it checked, and now I am starting to hurt more. Maybe stronger pain killers are in order so I can sleep some tonight.

It's bruised a little, but not a lot. Was able to walk awkwardly. Been a long day...

We had a busy day too. I'm not kidding with my Avitar's tag line - It's gastro time, baby! One more n/v/d with fever and moderate volume depletion and I might scream.

Then again, when the nurse can't get the IV 'cause the kids too dry... I know I made the right call.

All, the vagaries of medicine.

Weird i saw like 7 gastros in a row then 4-5 OMs in a row. weird. It is like they new. We were totally slammed it was insane. Oh cipro for all. I like to start em at about 2 weeks. OH for the gastro kids i also give em 30 of reglan.. that little bit they give adults doesnt seem to hit it up for the kiddos..

A little Dystonia is nothing.

I saw my 1st acute cerebellar ataxia and nailed the dx.. the attending was impressed. I didnt hit the scarlet fever dx but the pcp missed that one as well.

I actually managed to catch my foot in a blanket, which is why I fell.

I actually managed to catch my foot in a blanket, which is why I fell.
I've seen a Colle's fx from falling out of bed before. I still give my friend hell over that......both for how he got hurt and the fact that he walked over to my apartment (next door), knocks on my door and when I answered it he holds his obviously broken arm up and goes "Hey Steve! Do I need to get this checked out?"

guvnor-2.jpg

internal medicine call day...weak. i do get a kick out of how the ED at our VA is called the "LSU". The "life support/saving unit". sounds dramatic.

just wanted to also share that i certified my ROL last night. feels good, no real buyers remorse just yet. i thought maybe everyone was wondering (who is this guy again?)

internal medicine call day...weak. i do get a kick out of how the ED at our VA is called the "LSU". The "life support/saving unit". sounds dramatic.

LSU, that's classic.

Thats what they call the VA ED here as well. I think that is because it lets them opt out of being a "real" ED and having to comply with EMTALA. That is unless there is some sort of rule exempting VAs.

yeah, i think of the football team too so you are not alone in this craziness. the real craziness is that they call it the LSU anyway. i hadn't heard that issue about EMTALA at VAs though. interesting point. currently things aren't going too bad on call (obviously i am writing this). only 3 new ones so far. and that is on President's Day, with no clinics open (and a backlogging of patients we admitted on Fri who can't get jack done because it is a "holiday weekend". hooray for our presidents on presidents day!

Hey Dr. Will, how are things?

Hey Dr. Will, how are things?

Not too bad. I reread my post and may have not made the situation clear but it was my girlfriends's gf that passed away, and not mine. So she's been out of town the last few days dealing with it while I've been on a snowboarding trip (just so I don't sound like an insensitive ass...I offered to go with her but we decided it was best that i didn't). I'm ok...she's dealing as best she can. :thumbup:

Not too bad. I reread my post and may have not made the situation clear but it was my girlfriends's gf that passed away, and not mine. So she's been out of town the last few days dealing with it while I've been on a snowboarding trip (just so I don't sound like an insensitive ass...I offered to go with her but we decided it was best that i didn't). I'm ok...she's dealing as best she can. :thumbup:

Good to hear. It's funny how you anticipated possibly being called an insensitive ass, people on SDN love to slam other people :D

Status
Not open for further replies.