Path and SoCute are in our rearview mirror...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh.. well good to see you socute..

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, Todd, but you are in the doghouse because you forgot Valentine's day.

I was wallowing in self-pity, that's why I forgot. Can't I please come back inside now?
Puppy.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
So sorry Dr. Will.

Why limit it to just weekends?

I hate rounding. :p

This is why I decided to veer away from general pedi into emergency medicine. Falling asleep is something I want to do in bed (or at least on my comfy couch) and NOT while standing on my feet in the very public hospital hallway.

Falling asleep is something I want to do in bed (or at least on my comfy couch) and NOT while standing on my feet in the very public hospital hallway.

Amen!!! But I am going to be rounding ALL weekend.......

I finally have internet again, so I am back!!!

You people managed to post around 7 pages in the time I was away...amazing!

Now I have lots of catching up to do!

I also am behind on studying somehow, yet get to see my family this weekend.

I have a feeling this weekend is going to be way too short.

Members don't see this ad :)
And Dr. Will, hope everyone is coping as well as possible.

I have a feeling this weekend is going to be way too short.

Not as short as I want it to be - I'm working two twelves. At least they're day shifts and not nighty nights. And I have Monday off. And so does my hubbie, yay!!!

why is em not on the list? we are so wronged......(from AOL)

Sexiest Jobs % of Votes
Bartender 11.4%
Nurse 10.1%
Firefighter 9.6%
Personal Trainer 9.3%
Flight Attendant 8.0%
Surgeon 4.5%
Soldier 4.5%
Teacher 4.5%
Photographer
4.4%
Police Officer 4.3%

This year's survey revealed that our society associates "sexy" with positions that fulfill certain needs. Included in the top 10 were soldier and police officer; indicating an attraction to influence and power. But not every powerful position makes our blood boil. CEO, which ranked second in last year's survey, has dropped out of the top 10 sexiest job titles. We can only conclude that not every powerful position can buy you sexiness.

The New Sexy

I'd be interested to see how the males and females split on that survey. Maybe if the results were split 10 for guys, 10 for girls EM would be on the list.

Not as short as I want it to be - I'm working two twelves. At least they're day shifts and not nighty nights. And I have Monday off. And so does my hubbie, yay!!!

I would be the one welcoming the nights vs day shift. Maybe I will have a normal schedule someday, but hasn't happened over the past few years. After working night shift for just a few months, my body was hooked. (That and the fact that I've always been a night person, even back in grade school.)

Unfortunately, after waking up from my nap, a friend of mine decided to do margarita night (my idea about 4 days ago, but wasn't considering it since I had the nap). So...now I'm going to try to start studying.

Sexiest Jobs % of Votes
Bartender 11.4%
Nurse 10.1%
Firefighter 9.6%
Personal Trainer 9.3%
Flight Attendant 8.0%
Surgeon 4.5%
Soldier 4.5%
Teacher 4.5%
Photographer
4.4%
Police Officer 4.3%

This year's survey revealed that our society associates "sexy" with positions that fulfill certain needs. Included in the top 10 were soldier and police officer; indicating an attraction to influence and power. But not every powerful position makes our blood boil. CEO, which ranked second in last year's survey, has dropped out of the top 10 sexiest job titles. We can only conclude that not every powerful position can buy you sexiness.

The New Sexy

But money can...

Nobody repeated. I'll be feeling sympathy from all of you as I round with the fleas tomorrow.

Sexiest Jobs % of Votes
Bartender 11.4%
Nurse 10.1%
Firefighter 9.6%
Personal Trainer 9.3%
Flight Attendant 8.0%
Surgeon 4.5%
Soldier 4.5%
Teacher 4.5%
Photographer
4.4%
Police Officer 4.3%

The New Sexy

EM is out cause trhey would have ranked "physician" and have you seen the neurologists? Smart but everywhere I have been they remind me of the kids in HS who played D&D and were presidents of the Audio-Visual club.. Really pulls us down you know.

im gonna spend 10 hours dealing with diarrhea and runny noses. Somehow I still like Peds Em.. weird.?

Oh dont let anyone lie to you. They are just little adults.. :D Cipro all around!

As will said I really have been posting a lot..

The posting sure has slowed down since the new thread got started...

Well hell, we are still almost 1/10th of the way to closing this one down too.

The posting sure has slowed down since the new thread got started...

It is a long weekend for most so many people probably are traveling.

I've finally got the Cruiser working semi-mostly-properly. It can now go down hills and stop, although it takes a little longer than disk brake cars. One added benefit I have is that the thing is so heavy that it doesn't get blown all over the road in high winds. :)

Oh dont let anyone lie to you. They are just little adults.. :D Cipro all around!

Watch it with the Cipro, dude. Don't forget that strippling of beagle puppies' growth plate! Cipro does it, man! It causes growth plate dysfunction!

Never mind that no other animal model I know of has ever replicated the data, or that human experience has never seen similar side effects.

But yeah, Cipro isn't considered goof for kiddos.

Strippling? Goof? Have you been drinking? :p ;)

Watch it with the Cipro, dude. Don't forget that strippling of beagle puppies' growth plate! Cipro does it, man! It causes growth plate dysfunction!

Never mind that no other animal model I know of has ever replicated the data, or that human experience has never seen similar side effects.

But yeah, Cipro isn't considered goof for kiddos.

I was joking, Im not that silly. I thought people would catch it. I know it can cause probs with their tendons.

I also gave the little ones Methotrexate as an adjunt to their vitamins.. :D

Solid shift... again!

I was joking, Im not that silly. I thought people would catch it. I know it can cause probs with their tendons.

I also gave the little ones Methotrexate as an adjunt to their vitamins.. :D

Solid shift... again!

Strong work on the solid shift. The first line of my post is best read in a surfer voice. Definitely funnier that way.

PS My husband has some wicked stinky burps tonight. Must be payback for all of my autonomically unstable post call days of yore... yikes.

I know. it is so weird. when im post call my whole body acts all jacked up. Oh and for you 4th yrs.. call is much worse as an intern than as a student. I took q3 trauma call and while no call is more than q4 here it is much tougher.

I know. it is so weird. when im post call my whole body acts all jacked up. Oh and for you 4th yrs.. call is much worse as an intern than as a student. I took q3 trauma call and while no call is more than q4 here it is much tougher.

I have no doubt that it's much tougher when you're expected to actually do something while on call. This is why I am enjoying every single minute between now and July. :D

I have no doubt that it's much tougher when you're expected to actually do something while on call. This is why I am enjoying every single minute between now and July. :D

I worked pretty hard as a student but there is something diffferent when the buck (sorta) stops with you. The intern is like the mule in the field and the chief/sr is like the farmer. The mule does all the work but the farmer has to make sure it happens. Im not sure where this leaves the attending, perhaps they are something like the supposedly omniscient overseer.

oh and for you M4s... Def do enjoy the time. Cause holy cow while in all honesty residency isnt as awful as I believed it is no vacation where you can drink beer 7 days a week!

oh and for you M4s... Def do enjoy the time. Cause holy cow while in all honesty residency isnt as awful as I believed it is no vacation where you can drink beer 7 days a week!

Heh, my fiancé was an intern while I was an M3. I learned the very valuable lesson of "enjoy your M4 year and slack as much as possible because that time is limited" while watching him. He doesn't hate residency, and he loves his program, but yeah, it's different. Which is why I'm all about the lounging now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.