Passed step 2 CS 2nd time but concerned about rank list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wellcutcookies

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I failed step 2 cs the first time because I spent 3 days studying for it after step 2 ck. I just found out I passed with flying colors! Now the problem is do I release my step 2 CS score? I'm a US MD applying for internal medicine and I did average on step 1 and very well on step 2 CK, and these scores have already been released to all schools. 2 of the programs require a step 2 CS score by february 1st to be ranked, but the rest don't mention it. I was thinking that I could not release the step 2 CS scores on ERAS and just email those 2 programs with a pdf of my passing step 2 CS score. Other options include releasing my step 2 CS score, but that would mean it's released for all schools. Thoughts? Ultimately my goal is just to match!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I failed step 2 cs the first time because I spent 3 days studying for it after step 2 ck. I just found out I passed with flying colors! Now the problem is do I release my step 2 CS score? I'm a US MD applying for internal medicine and I did average on step 1 and very well on step 2 CK, and these scores have already been released to all schools. 2 of the programs require a step 2 CS score by february 1st to be ranked, but the rest don't mention it. I was thinking that I could not release the step 2 CS scores on ERAS and just email those 2 programs with a pdf of my passing step 2 CS score. Other options include releasing my step 2 CS score, but that would mean it's released for all schools. Thoughts? Ultimately my goal is just to match!
I would release it to all schools and also send a short email to all schools saying you are adding the CS update to your file. The ones that had a Feb 1 deadline might not bend their rules but the others probably want this info before ranking you.