Part 1 NBDE scores and advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothmail

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone!

i have started this thread so that all of u who have taken the part 1 in july 2003 can post your scores once u get them and post any advice u can give to the rest of us who will be giving the boards in december or later, such as reference books, time spent etc.

i believe yah-e has a similar thread in the "dental" forum but i thought a similar one in "international dental" would help.

please do make the effort to post ur scores in either of the threads so it helps everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATULATIONS :clap: :clap: :clap:
IT'S THE BEST SCORE I'VE EVER HEARD OF.
HOW LONG DID YOU STUDY????
HOW MANY REVISIONS???
WOW........... :wow:
I AM JUST SHORT OF WORDS...................
YOU HELPED EVERYONE SO MUCH....& GOD GAVE YOU THE REWARD WITH SUCH A SCORE.
SO NOW, YOU CAN RELAX ABOUT YOUR ADMISSION TENSIONS.

DOCAPD :)
pal-45 said:
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اللهم لك الحمد .. اللهم لك الحمد ..اللهم لك الحمد ..
اللهم لك الحمد على تبيانك ..اللهم لك الحمد على سنة عدنانك .. اللهم الحمد على هذا اليوم المبارك ..
برغم الأسى في كثير من البقاع المسلمة ..إلا أني لم أستطع أن أمنع البهجة من التسلل إلى قلبي

i got my scores finally
anatomy:91
bio/physio:93
micro/patho:95
dental decks:99

total:95%اللهم لك الحمد

from where i studied ?
dental decks was the guide but not the only source
always have books as references so u get the point in the decks and not to memorize it .especially in biochmistry(my lovely material).coz if u understood it u will never forget it and u can move ur mind in thinking of the questions
good luck to u all
salam
omar

drsmartdentist said:
hello,
I am done with my test so I can sell my material.It will be easy to sent to you because I have everything on the CD,including the new dental deks 2006-2007.If you are interested just let me know.MY score is 87.
hello smart dentist
i have muy part1 exam on july 12 can you pls tell me how can i get a cd of2006-207 questions
will be eagerly waiting for ur reply
thanks in advance

pal-45 said:
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اللهم لك الحمد على تبيانك ..اللهم لك الحمد على سنة عدنانك .. اللهم الحمد على هذا اليوم المبارك ..
برغم الأسى في كثير من البقاع المسلمة ..إلا أني لم أستطع أن أمنع البهجة من التسلل إلى قلبي

i got my scores finally

from where i studied ?
always have books as references so u get the point in the decks and not to memorize it .especially in biochmistry(my lovely material).coz if u understood it u will never forget it and u can move ur mind in thinking of the questions
good luck to u all
salam
omar
aslkm omar
im new to this thread .oh oh first of all let me congratulate for your excellent score.
pls help im gving my exam on july 12 n alhamdulillah quite good preparation so far can u help me with last moment dos n donts
thank will be very helpful n what aftre getting part 1 score what will be the next step pls can u tell me how to proceed...inshallah if i get a good score
jazakallah

Members don't see this ad :)
2aleef mabrook omer. 3egbalna inshlaa. we need u help omer if u dont mind here. if u have anythings help us in nbda 1 sent it to me and pepole here plz. inshla 2leef mabrook 3aleek . my e mail.. [email protected]
alaah ygereek meen 3een . mash2laa. salam 3lekom

hey omar salamz brother ..first of all congrats on ur superb scores well ive been looking forward to get some help on how n where to study from , im taking my board part 1 in 2 mnths inshAllah but will be starting to study now , i have the kaplan book n dental decks please advice wat strategy n where to study from n if you have any material i can buy/borrow , it will be a great help .
thanks and once again
sister in islam
[email protected]
farha

pal-45 said:
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

i got my scores finally

from where i studied ?
good luck to u all
salam
omar
hI,
Congratulations on your excellent score -you are one person who truly deserves it!Also thank you for helping the rest of us.

hello friends,
i have a ndbe score of 85.i am in great confusion,whether to apply or take my exam again.is there anyone u know, who got into college, with this score?pls suggest some advice.

drsmartdentist said:
hello,
I am done with my test so I can sell my material.It will be easy to sent to you because I have everything on the CD,including the new dental deks 2006-2007.If you are interested just let me know.MY score is 87.

hello,
i have a score of 85.i just want to know whether this score is enough to get admission?some of my friends say that only a score abv 90, will get us into the program?do u know anyone who has joined college with a score from 85 to 90.pls do reply.

hi there
i can just say that there's no shortcut to get into schooll...except if you have exceptionally good part 1 score...else everyone lies in same pool
i dont know personally how good or bad is 85..but sure if you are indian you might have to struggle all others like me[coz i heard more tahn 80%of applicants are indians]
would be better if someone who is in school can guide about this ...
but there's no harm in applying to school ..rest is your destiny..unfortunately mills of the GOD grind slowly
good luck :thumbup:

Hi, My stats are,

Part 1: 88

GPA: 3.97

TOEFL: have not received the scores yet

Doing MS with thesis in Molecular Biology..

Should I take the exam again or can go ahead with applying,

Help please...

hi everyone
need advice regarding my stats
NDB- 94
GPA- 4.0
TOEFL- result awaited
NO WORK EXP IN US/INDIA- that's my problem (just grad in july this yr)
i dont kno if i stand a chance in the west coast schools or not
any kinda info wud help
thnx

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey your scores are just amazing so dont worry about your admissions. with this scores you could have trouble in actually selecting which school to attend. and moreover, work exp is important but with ur outstanding gpa and NBDE you should not have any problem.
dr_sweet said:
hi everyone
NDB- 94
GPA- 4.0
TOEFL- result awaited
any kinda info wud help
thnx

Dent tex said:
Hey your scores are just amazing so dont worry about your admissions. with this scores you could have trouble in actually selecting which school to attend. and moreover, work exp is important but with ur outstanding gpa and NBDE you should not have any problem.

hey thnx Dent tex
that was encouraging...all the best for future!!!!

my part1:85
toefl: 257
gpa: wes 3.29 and ece 2.53..
2 yrs work experience in back home...right now working as dental assistant for part time for 6 months..

what shd i do?? should i apply?? or go for part 2?? i know my part 1 score is not well enough...so i am confused what todo?? pls help...

dr_sweet said:
hi everyone
NDB- 94
GPA- 4.0
TOEFL- result awaited
any kinda info wud help
thnx
Hi dr_sweet.. you have got great scores, from where did you got your evaluation done. :)

I know you guys dont know me much but everyone has got great scores, congrats all....I got my scores as well
anatomy 95
phy/biochem 97
micro/path 92
dental ana 95

Average 95

GPA by ECE 3.86

Please let me know if anyone has part two study material

rodent said:
I know you guys dont know me much but everyone has got great scores, congrats all....I got my scores as well
anatomy 95
phy/biochem 97
micro/path 92
dental ana 95

Average 95

GPA by ECE 3.86

congrats on such an amazing score..best of luck

rodent said:
anatomy 95
phy/biochem 97
micro/path 92
dental ana 95

Average 95

GPA by ECE 3.86

Hi rodent,
Congrats for an EXCELLENT score... you dont even need to take part-2 now unless you want to try for Tufts or other schools which require part-2...With this part-1 score and ECE GPA , you will get admission into ANY school you apply...

Your 97 in Physio Biochem is just AMAZING....what all material did you study ?
Good Luck & Regards,
HYDBDS

can anybody in this group help me studying?should i go through each and everyline of kaplan ,decks and question papers or should i go through question paper and read related topics in kaplan,then go to decks ?please help me i am trying to read kaplan but it is very difficult to remeber each and evry thing.please help:confused:

anatomy 95
phy/biochem 97
micro/path 92
dental ana 95

Average 95

GPA by ECE 3.86

hi rodent
congrats, u hav gr8 scores!!!do u hav any work exp? btw, the gpa is of ECE...hey, hav u taken toefl as yet? do u think one can apply b4 thakig toefl?
:)

anatomy 95
phy/biochem 97
micro/path 92
dental ana 95

Average 95

GPA by ECE 3.86

wow congrats...great score....
pls anyone advice me what to do??thanks

my stats are :

anatomy 90%
phy/biochem 95%
micro/path 95%
dental ana 86%

average 92%

Toefl 277
Gpa 3.38

I'm glad I've finished with that exam:D

my stats are :

anatomy 88%
phy/biochem 93%
micro/path 92%
dental ana 87%

average 90%

Toefl 101
Gpa 3.84

do i stand a chance.

thanks for all your appreciation and good wishes...wish you all a very good luck

hello friends,
i have a ndbe score of 85.i am in great confusion,whether to apply or take my exam again.is there anyone u know, who got into college, with this score?pls suggest some advice.

hey nikitha,
me too sailing in the same boat..even i have a score of 85%...and really dont know what to do...every1 plz help us..do we stand a chance or shud we retake it..btw nikitha, did u get interview calls from any university..ur input can be of real help...

Hi can any one tell me is the DDS same as the BDS in india. and how to get admission to MD in oral and Maxillofacial surgery.

id like to congratulate all of u for getting such amazing scores...u guys are an inspiration.
me am just beggining to start studying for nbd1.am beggining with my course books for starters..could anyone guide me as to how to procure the dental decks and reprints since i dont have any seniors around who have written the nbds..any help would be welcome..thanks.

Hello ...By now you must have gotten admission . Well I have the same scores and havn't heard back from any school ...But yes its a year later than your time and compitition increases every year .
Could you please let me know of your status and maybe give me some pointers as well ?
Thanks,
Saryu .

hey nikitha,
me too sailing in the same boat..even i have a score of 85%...and really dont know what to do...every1 plz help us..do we stand a chance or shud we retake it..btw nikitha, did u get interview calls from any university..ur input can be of real help...

Hello ...By now you must have gotten admission . Well I have the same scores and havn't heard back from any school ...But yes its a year later than your time and compitition increases every year .
Could you please let me know of your status and maybe give me some pointers as well ?
Thanks,
Saryu .

[
hello,

Hello ...Do you stlil have your materials ? if yes i would be interested to buy it .Could you please let me know the details of your pakage ?
Thanks....Saryu.

i think we should keep posting our score here on this thread. It's really useful thread i guess. We would post in this format.

I am thinking to retake.

Hi can any one tell me is the DDS same as the BDS in india. and how to get admission to MD in oral and Maxillofacial surgery.

Hi I think I am in a very good position to answer your very specific question, however, since your post was back in 2006, I just wanna make sure you're still checking this forum so I don't waste my time. Good luck anyways.

Hi. I finished my advanced standing program in 2006 and have seen and talked to many advanced standing applicants and students in the last 4 years. Some of you guys have very good scores and those I assume would have an easy time getting into a school.
If your scores are around 90 I believe you should have no problem getting into school, provided that you apply to a decent number (not less than 5).
IF your score is in the low 80's, to be honest with you I don't think you have a great chance but I believe it's still doable. People with similar scores have interviewed with me, and one of classmates had a score of 84, keeping in mind that I was in a pretty competitive school. An important thing to keep in mind also is that schools (like someone mentioned here) don't look at the same things, they have different criteria. A school that might readily accept you might reject your friend and vice versa.
Anyways, good luck and if you have questions I would be happy to answer them if I can.

Hi Mask 80. Congratulations on completing your DDS program. Good to see that you are still checking in on Sdn and are ready to help the rest of us who are trying to get into the program. I plan to apply for class beinning next year. You adviced that one should apply to several schools. They are soo many and the mosre i go through the forum the more confused i get concerning what the various schools have to offer. Any advice on how the various schools compare? How would you rank them in terms of 'dream schools', 'average schools' and 'safety schools'? My gpa isnt good though my part 1 was above 90. Although i would naturally like to get into the best schools, i wouldnt like to miss out in next years intake just because i didnt apply to any average or safety schools. Thanks.
P.S. What school did you do you advanced standing in?

first of all congratulatios to u on completion of ur DDS.Its nice that ppl like u are ready to help.can u plz tell me which school did u attend n wt were u stats? my stats are
part1 93%
toefl 109
gpa 3.88
i vl start applying this month wt do u think how much chances do i hv to get into some school.if u have any idea regarding UCLA clinical test i wud appreciate if u cud share ur experience.thanx alot

first of all congratulatios to u on completion of ur DDS.Its nice that ppl like u are ready to help.can u plz tell me which school did u attend n wt were u stats? my stats are
part1 93%
toefl 109
gpa 3.88
i vl start applying this month wt do u think how much chances do i hv to get into some school.if u have any idea regarding UCLA clinical test i wud appreciate if u cud share ur experience.thanx alot

congratulations i hope you the best with these great scores.can you pls help us with how to study ? how many hours for how long and which books and references to use for both part1 and toefl? thanks

Last edited:
hi everyone
NDB- 94
GPA- 4.0
TOEFL- result awaited
any kinda info wud help
thnx

u kidding? gpa 4.0??? ndb 94??? wow!!! congrats!!!! breeza thru the univ!!! All the best!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::)

u kidding? gpa 4.0??? ndb 94??? wow!!! congrats!!!! breeza thru the univ!!! All the best!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::)

hey aspiring dentist...thank u!!! btw i guess its been ages that i posted this msg :D...neways i've got into BU...will b starting skool this fall...tc

hey guys, im a new member,
gave part 1 on the new format and scored 84
i am a permanent resident of the US, and i am confused about which schools i can apply on the basis of this score,based on the current scenario
can someone please guide me

hey guys, im a new member,
gave part 1 on the new format and scored 84
i am a permanent resident of the US, and i am confused about which schools i can apply on the basis of this score,based on the current scenario
can someone please guide me

hey.. evn i go a similar score... plz temme wat u gonna do with this score...........

hey.. evn i go a similar score... plz temme wat u gonna do with this score...........
Hi guys
I've took the test late may and I got 85,
Have you heard about the new pattern of scoring in 2007 which makes the scores almost 4 points less?
if the schools are aware of this,our scores are some how good for applying,
if you have any comment please tell me:)

Hi guys
I've took the test late may and I got 85,
Have you heard about the new pattern of scoring in 2007 which makes the scores almost 4 points less?
if the schools are aware of this,our scores are some how good for applying,
if you have any comment please tell me:)

papadel... read the NBDE standardisation forum ... u ll realise.. it is not the same anymore... 84 IS 84.... do tel me if u get some info....

evn i am with the same hope tht 84 in new pattern is good... at least will get somewhr........

hi dentek2...it was good to see someone referrin to indian books for a change...are dental decks enough?...did u refer to usmle book?..where wud i get adsa papers from? wud appreciate ur help.....

Hi
I got my result today and I am quite upset I have got only 78 inspite of studying so much.Now shall I retake the exam or shall I prepare for part 2?And also let me know the good study materials last time I studied first aid for part1 and ADA j to k set.
Shall I apply in any college for advance standing dental program because I dont see any chances of getting call.Please help me out.