Pacific University Oregon Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks :) Just wanted your opinion. Even with weighing out all the pluses and minuses, it's still tough to make a decision that could reflect where the next 3 or 4 years could go :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
Anyone from the waitlist been pulled yet?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Congratulations on your acceptance to Pacific U. I hope to be joining you next year! I am planning on applying to Pacific U this summer and wanted to get a general idea of some of the interview questions (including the written questions) that seem to be asked. Since most, if not all, of you underwent the interview process recently I figured you would be excellent sources of information on the process.

Thanks for any help you can provide and good luck next year!

from where i read, the pharmd program at pacific university does not require PCAT right? How hard is it to get in? i heard it's an accelerated program. is it much harder than the traditional 4 year program. can anyone give me some info about it? because i'm interested in applying for fall 2011. thanks:xf:

no pcat needed...can't comment on the 3 yr program on how hard it is..but apply and you'll be fine

<--- OSU denied :(

I'll certainly be attending Pacific. Though, had I gotten into both, it would have been a tough choice. I guess my decision was made for me. Still, I'm glad I get to stay in Oregon where I hope to practice.

<--- OSU denied :(

I'll certainly be attending Pacific. Though, had I gotten into both, it would have been a tough choice. I guess my decision was made for me. Still, I'm glad I get to stay in Oregon where I hope to practice.

I'm very sorry to hear of your denial to OSU. It is great that you will be going to Pacific and getting out a year earlier! I was just wondering, what method did OSU use to contact you about the denial? I am still waiting to hear from them and was curious if I need to go check my mail at my parents' house...

I'm very sorry to hear of your denial to OSU. It is great that you will be going to Pacific and getting out a year earlier! I was just wondering, what method did OSU use to contact you about the denial? I am still waiting to hear from them and was curious if I need to go check my mail at my parents' house...

They notified me via e-mail. I think they do most stuff that way since it's fast. I was told that everyone would know their status by today, Friday March 26th at the latest. Their goal was Wednesday, which was when I found out. So keep an eye on your inbox today! There must have been a lot of good applicants this year. Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

They notified me via e-mail. I think they do most stuff that way since it's fast. I was told that everyone would know their status by today, Friday March 26th at the latest. Their goal was Wednesday, which was when I found out. So keep an eye on your inbox today! There must have been a lot of good applicants this year. Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

Hey, I just found out today that I was accepted to OSU! It turns out that their emailing database is having issues and not everyone has been notified about acceptances yet. (I found out by emailing them and asking). For those of you who haven't heard from them yet, you may want to email them and ask!

Hey, I just found out today that I was accepted to OSU! It turns out that their emailing database is having issues and not everyone has been notified about acceptances yet. (I found out by emailing them and asking). For those of you who haven't heard from them yet, you may want to email them and ask!

Nice! Congrats! You might want to post what you said on the OSU forum, so that those people will know:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=667732&page=2

Has anyone on the waitlist been pulled yet? They will contact us right away if we are accepted right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody receive an e-mail from Lonnie on how to set up the Pacific e-mail address and blackboard and stuff? I haven't received anything yet.

Yeah, I gave her a call. She doesn't understand why I didn't get one either. And it's not in my junk mail. But I received my deposit confirmation e-mail, so...not sure.

I just withdrew my acceptance. Great school, staffs, and current students! Good luck everyone!

i'm scared since the waitlist seems to be moving slower than last year. Last year, at this time, they already had 2 updates and 14 spots were moved during this time. Today is only the first update. This year we don't get to know our rank.
:(

This is what I gathered from last year:
hqd003: originally at 14 on 2/19. moved up to number 7 on 3/11. accepted on 4/02.

i'm scared since the waitlist seems to be moving slower than last year. Last year, at this time, they already had 2 updates and 14 spots were moved during this time. Today is only the first update. This year we don't get to know our rank.
:(

This is what I gathered from last year:
hqd003: originally at 14 on 2/19. moved up to number 7 on 3/11. accepted on 4/02.

They weren't done with interviews until later this year right? And they had an extra interview too. It's not over until August, drugsRUsRUs. Hang in there!

I'm withdrawing from Pacific, hooray another spot for you guys :)!

well, still waiting for more info coming May

I also withdrew from Pacific. I have decided to go to OSU. Good luck to everyone! I am sure that we will cross each others' paths during our pharm school careers. :D

As of 04/26, 10 people have been accepted from Pacific... so the wait list is somewhat moving. Has anyone else been updated and would like to share?

As of 04/26, 10 people have been accepted from Pacific... so the wait list is somewhat moving. Has anyone else been updated and would like to share?

10 people have been accepted from Tier 1 to clarify.

where did you hear that? I never got an update...

has anyone whose been accepted receive any updates yet on blackboard?

I'm accepted and we were supposed to receive something by the end of this week. I'm not sure if it's Friday or Sunday. We'll just have to wait and see.....

I don't know if anyone has seen the USN thread, but Oregon's program is pretty much an identical accelerated 90% pass/fail block schedule curriculum. On the USN thread, they mention that P2 head count is now 109 from the original 145 accepted P1s.

P1 are very cheery and optimistic about the program b/c 1st year is pre-req review and majority do well because you're just recapping old stuff. I heard there is a dramatic difference in material from p1 to p2. P2 are intentionally missing when interview candidates visit the campus, because their opinion of the program would deter interviewees from the school. The 90% pass rate is a harsh filter so the school can insure it gets a high Naplex passing rate, bragging rights, and accreditation. But USN's student experience seems to makes a 360 from p1-p3. i also heard the faculty is not the greatest. So i wonder, is what oregon is offering in regards to faculty, support, and student experience, better because i've read more positive themed comments for this school.

Does anyone have any trepidations about oregon, or still on acceptance-bliss? If someone had to choose between oregon or usn, it sounds like oregon is better.

So I have 4 credits of labs for Organic and I have taken 8 lecture hours in organic. I am in the last term right now but I think I am going to have to withdraw. Pacific requiers 12 credit hours, but doesn't say the year long series is requierd. If I drop, do I have enough organic hours to qualify?

Thanks

So I have 4 credits of labs for Organic and I have taken 8 lecture hours in organic. I am in the last term right now but I think I am going to have to withdraw. Pacific requiers 12 credit hours, but doesn't say the year long series is requierd. If I drop, do I have enough organic hours to qualify?

Thanks

Are those semester or quarter credits?

Pacific requires 8 semester credits of ochem, lab and lecture included.

Thanks

advice from a p2: that last term of organic is really important background info that you'll need to start your first year of pharmacy school and the school will assume you've received this info in your undergrad.

Anyone have any update on the movement of the wait list? Anyone email or hear anything?

I got the call today around 3:30pm. Most likely turning it down though.

Well they say, "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it must be a duck." I'd like to start walking like a pharmcist and quacking like a pharmacist so I can become a pharmacist. Also since you are who you hang out with - might as well start hanging out with pharmacist. I only know but one who just graduated and he's taking a job in Medford.

Love to get to know people in the area that are looking to get into or are already in pharmacy. Would like to get help and possibly help others along the way too. Hope to see a couple of you here soon.

I'm also looking to volunteer and shadow opportunities, so please let me know if you have or know of someone who'd let me shadow.

I'm looking into trying to enroll in Pacific University for the 2012 year. Currently attending PCC to get the requirements done.

See you all soon,

Saan (Sawn)

LLU or Pacific oregon

Those attending Pacific or LLU or know a lot about the schools, Help me!
If i want to live in California, should i go to LLU?
I love the environment of Pacific Oregon
and i also love thier block system and 3YEAR program(saves time and money)
but i am a SDA (same church as LLU) and i want to live in california in the future

oh and one more thing
does three year program get any disadvantages becuase of the length of the program??

then where do you recommand me to go??

Last edited:
i got the call today! accepted!

Hi, congratulation on your acceptance. Would you tell us what tier 1 or 2 you are on please.. thanks

I was in Tier 1

Thank you. Do you know the waitlist movement of this year to compare with the past years at all? I am in tier 2. I am wondering about my chances before making other decisions? Help.......

what i heard was that the majority of the first tier was accepted, in the past years a few of tier 2 students have gotten accepted. If I was in tier 2 I would be looking at other schools or starting the application process for next year, you could still get in, but the chances are not great. If you are waitlisted this year you have a high chance of getting in the next time you apply. Hope that helped and good luck! :)

what i heard was that the majority of the first tier was accepted, in the past years a few of tier 2 students have gotten accepted. If I was in tier 2 I would be looking at other schools or starting the application process for next year, you could still get in, but the chances are not great. If you are waitlisted this year you have a high chance of getting in the next time you apply. Hope that helped and good luck! :)

Thank you for your info., kpharma. If you hear or know anything more about the waitlist, please post your info..

I have an overall gpa of 2.9 and a science gpa of 2.6. Do I have any chance? I'm depressed and I really like to know T_T.

I would recommend emailing a school for that. I can answer your question though. I just talked to one of the ladies up there and they said they don't even look at applications between 2.7-3.0 cumulative gpa's sorry

I am from kansas with transfer credits from kansas and louisiana I was wondering if pacific was good at accepting out of state students like me!! Kansas....I am going to be esubmitting around mid august....if i submit then will that be good timing or is it late for their rolling admissions?

You are confused - this will be the first year Pac U is going with tiers... UOP has had tiers for several years.