Pacific University, Forest Grove OR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just wanted to wish all the waitlisted people a sincere "Best of luck!" :thumbup:

Sorry my post is a bit late here, I've been crazy busy with Biochem and A&P this quarter. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call from Lonnie a couple of minutes ago and I got in!!!!!

I was waitlisted #6. Good luck!

so do you guys think there is still a chance for the waitlist to move up or is it pretty much set because the deadline for the acceptance has passed?

i was waitlisted #20 and moved up to #13.

I dont mean to get your hopes up...but,

I spoke with someone who applied last year, who was initially waitlisted in the 50's...he ended up in the first or second spot.

Looking at last years thread, the initial waitlist update was a change of about 10...just like this years.

So if everything else is equal (which it isnt), I might say that the waitlist gradually gets smaller from here till August.

I'm in the high 20's hoping for a miracle...this school is my first choice.

so do you guys think there is still a chance for the waitlist to move up or is it pretty much set because the deadline for the acceptance has passed?

i was waitlisted #20 and moved up to #13.

I got a call from Lonnie a couple of minutes ago and I got in!!!!!

I was waitlisted #6. Good luck!

Congrats! I moved up to #7...I'm so close! I hope I get in!

On a side note, when is the $1000 fee deadline for you? I want to get an idea of when the next waitlist update will be!

Congrats! I moved up to #7...I'm so close! I hope I get in!

On a side note, when is the $1000 fee deadline for you? I want to get an idea of when the next waitlist update will be!

The acceptance deadline will be on 3/27th (Fri), so I'm guessing Lonnie will update you guys the following week just like she did this week :).

So it looks like 7 people got pulled off the waitlist (14-->7, 20-->13, and maybe some people didn't want to be waitlisted *moved up 9 spots*). Maybe the 7 of us might all accept, but you can bet that the waitlist will move up once this cycle is over and everyone makes their final decisions. :xf: GOOD LUCK!!

(oops wrong thread, sry!)

Last edited:
Today is St. Patrick's Day so good luck to all the waitlisted applicants! Here's a clover for you :luck: !

Members don't see this ad :)
:xf: You guys ready for the second round of waitlist updates? :xf:

I turned down my acceptance offer a few days ago. I hope my spot will go to one of you. :)

Good luck everyone on the waitlist :D

I sent in my $1k deposit last week. can't wait!

:xf: You guys ready for the second round of waitlist updates? :xf:

Time is on your side... Just make sure everyone to continue to complete your pre-reqs.

To those that are turning down your acceptance - please contact Lonnie as soon as possible - it really helps to have an up to date picture of the future class (those who will be coming and those who will not be).

Time is on your side...

You were right, Seth. Lonnie just called me and I got accepted!!! I am freakin ecstatic right now!

For those of you on the waitlist, I was #14 when it first came out then moved up to #7 the first update and now accepted!

you were right, seth. Lonnie just called me and i got accepted!!! I am freakin ecstatic right now!

For those of you on the waitlist, i was #14 when it first came out then moved up to #7 the first update and now accepted!

omg congrats!!!

You were right, Seth. Lonnie just called me and I got accepted!!! I am freakin ecstatic right now!

For those of you on the waitlist, I was #14 when it first came out then moved up to #7 the first update and now accepted!

I had no doubt my friend - Congrats - Remember this moment - Its the beginning of a long road :cool:

Hi I have a few questions: I'm in the high 30's right now with the second update on the waitlist. I was initial in the low 50's. How did it go last year with the waitlist? You think I have a good chance?

Also what kind of accreditation does pacific have?

Whats better, California Northstate of Pacific??

These are really questions that you should have gotten answers to prior to applying - You are posting in the Pacific thread - I have a feeling that you will be receiving pro pacific sentiments... don't you think?

As to accreditation - we have candidate status - and we have been evaluated for Full accreditation status - we will have the results of that review come this June.

The wait-list went into the 50's last year - with most of the numbers being pulled in the days just before school began. If you are on the wait-list - I would advise you to complete your pre-reqs with the possibility of being pulled at the last minute - you never know.

Hi I have a few questions: I'm in the high 30's right now with the second update on the waitlist. I was initial in the low 50's. How did it go last year with the waitlist? You think I have a good chance?

No offense, but maybe this is why you're waitlisted in the 50's.

California Northstate is expensive and a rip off. You're going to be the guinea pigs for the program because it's still brand new. I am confident that Pacific will have full accreditation by the end of summer. Plus, Sacremento? Would u rather be in wet weather or suffocated by heat?

Look I didnt ask for the attitude, I asked a question. Being on the waitlist in the 50's wasnt bad. I was jut asking. And weather doesnt bother me, if its a pharmacy school then Ill go. But thanks for the advice at least for the CNSU prospective

Look I didnt ask for the attitude, I asked a question. Being on the waitlist in the 50's wasnt bad. I was jut asking. And weather doesnt bother me, if its a pharmacy school then Ill go. But thanks for the advice at least for the CNSU prospective

All I'm saying is you seem to not have been very interested in the school. The accreditation status is on their website, plus, it was also mentioned on the interview day during the presentation. To me, your questions shows a lack of interest and motivation and maybe the panel saw the same thing.

Anyway, I didn't even bother applying to Northstate. This may be irrelevant, but tax is going up in CA and I'd be saving a lot more money going to tax free orgeon. Plus, you get out in 3 years, how awesome is that?? People are much nicer in OR too, and the staff at Pacific has been attentive and just awesome. We'll find out how well the first class will do on the NAPLEX, by then we'll know for sure how good PAcific's program is. As for CNSU, you won't know for at least 3 more years when the first class takes the NAPLEX. Good luck to ya.

I am very interested in the school, and it was my first time in Oregon. I really enjoyed it. I knew they would be accredited this summer, but I was reading so much about CNSU that it made me confused. Anyways I hope we can be classmates. Thanks for the advice about CNSU.

I am very interested in the school, and it was my first time in Oregon. I really enjoyed it. I knew they would be accredited this summer, but I was reading so much about CNSU that it made me confused. Anyways I hope we can be classmates. Thanks for the advice about CNSU.

Yea. no prob. i know it can be hard to keep track of all the schools. I hope you'll like where u end up going. ;)

hello

just wondering if anyone can tell me when classes actually start? i'm still on the waitlist, but my friends are planning a trip in august and i really want to join them and just in case i do get in, i didnt want the dates to overlap :)

thanks!

hello

just wondering if anyone can tell me when classes actually start? i'm still on the waitlist, but my friends are planning a trip in august and i really want to join them and just in case i do get in, i didnt want the dates to overlap :)

thanks!

August 24 is the 1st day of class

Orientation begins the 19th I believe...

hi!

are there any females looking for a roommate?

PM me if you are! :)

Good luck all!

Last edited:
I noticed this too. They just use the same application website (applyweb). This means you will be using the same login information. Once you've clicked on the link to the supplemental go to the bottom and click "Go to the Application Menu," then click on the pharm app.

Last edited:
Good info!

Last edited:
Hey guys,

For those who were wait listed last year, were you guys placed on committee hold?

I am so confused as to what committee hold means. Do you guys know of anyone who were placed on committee hold who have received an acceptance? :confused:

I was just invited for an interview on January 23rd!!! I'm excited. To those who have already been, what is the interview like?