Pacific University, Forest Grove OR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent my application in early Nov, and I did not hear anything from them till now, I wanna know if they send the decline letter in mail or email, its 29th of Jan, and I didn hear a **** from them. I know I have only 0.0001 %to get the last interview coz its next Sat, although I have a 3.9 GPA. I am so pissed off.

Members don't see this ad.

for the ladies who already interviewed...what did you guys wear? pant suit or skirt suit?? just wondering because i have my interview next sat (2/7) and need to buy a suit. also, have the girls been wearing a splash of color for their blouse/shirt?

i opted for the pant suit with a white blouse. :) goodluck!

aboveliquidice,

do you know of any good townhomes/condos/apartments nearby the campus and close to the maxline that are decently priced??

also, are there different maxlines? a coworker of mines mentioned something about that.

i've been looking for housing but wanted to get a student's opinion :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Are denial letters sent through snail mail or will they email you?

Since Jan is basically over, is Pac U done with interview invites?

I think invites are pretty much done for Fall 2009 taking into consideration how considerate Lonnie is.

We had until 9am on 1/28 (Weds) to accept the interview, so I'm guessing if there's any one who denied the admission, they would've notified the next people on the list already....

Heads up though. If it's what you really want, work hard and keep trying. Sometimes persistence is the key that not everyone has and that may be enough to get you in next year!

As for me, my overall GPA was 2.95 and my science/math GPA was only 2.75, however, I took a year off after getting my BS to retake a lot of science classes. My last 45 unit GPA is 3.85. I also have over a year of pharm tech and hundreds of volunteering/community service.

I hope that will inspire many of you :). Please wish me luck on my interview! It's my first interview, and hopefully it's the only one I need :xf:

Too bad the ADCOM doesn't post the point total on the website. I just wish I knew how I did so I can focus on my school work again.

I will be interviewing on the 7th. I am flying in on Friday from So Cal around 12 pm. I will be staying at Larkspur Landing in Hillsboro. If anyone wants to meet up the day before to the interview to prepare or just calm some nerves let me know. Good luck to everyone!

I was put on hold :(. But at least I got accepted elsewhere :).

I guess I should mosey myself on over to the rejection thread......haven't heard anything.......

You should email Lonnie. I didn't hear anything for a while and then I emailed her yesterday and she emailed me back at 11pm saying that I was put on hold and that I should have received the email on Wednesday. Hope that helps.

You should email Lonnie. I didn't hear anything for a while and then I emailed her yesterday and she emailed me back at 11pm saying that I was put on hold and that I should have received the email on Wednesday. Hope that helps.

I did that last week and she still haven't responded.....

I did that last week and she still haven't responded.....

She should be back in her office tomorrow morning so maybe she'll email you by then or you could give her a call. She's really nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where else were you accepted? If you get into Pacific would you be pick it over the other school you got into?

I got into the 3 Year program at Sullivan COP. It would be a tough choice since both are 3 years and both look like promising programs. I just wanted a choice to stay close to CA so I could travel more easily.

I guess it's better I go to Sullivan since I have a few friends there and I won't be lonely ha ha. :)

Good luck to those who are still waiting and Congrats to those who got in!

Just got an email. I am on committee hold :(

I'm flying out tomorrow morning from norcal! I'll be exploring Oregon for a day...if anyone needs a ride to the interview, let me know! I rented a car.

i second that. good luck to those with interviews tomorrow! dont stress too much, everyone is so friendly and awesome, and the day will go by very fast!

now we just wait and find out...

The interview went great, the question is, was it good enough, and more importantly, would they they see me fit for their program :)

Anyone who interviewed 2/7 and have heard back, please post! :D

Has anyone heard from Pacific that interviewed on Jan. 24...

Has anyone heard from Pacific that interviewed on Jan. 24...
Yeah I heard back four days after the interview, if you didn't get a phone call you probably got an email (be sure to check your junk mail in case it ended up in there). Also don't hesitate to call or email Lonnie if you didn't receive anything yet

yea i have some other interview invites so i'm hoping to hear back from pacific by the end of next week...Pacific first!

Lonnie just called me and I'm in!!! I'm so excited! I had the 2/7 interview date. Has anyone else heard?

Lonnie just called my husband and I and we both got in! We've been on hold since the first interview date (November). Good luck to all! Hope to see you in the fall.

I just got an acceptance email from Lonnie :love:

For those of you accepted, are you going to attend?

I also recieved an email today. I got in!!! I missed a call from Lonnie earlier today but she sent me an acceptance email just after. I interviewed in Nov. so it is way good to finally find out that I will be attending my number one school:laugh::thumbup:

I received an email today too!!! YAY :D so happy. I really like the school and its atmosphere. But now I'm torn, Pacific or MCPHS :confused:. Congrats everyone!!!!! Prob see you guys and gals in a few months :)

OMG!! CONGRATS to those who got in!! I really hope I get the call/email tooooooooooooooOOOO!!

OMG!! CONGRATS to those who got in!! I really hope I get the call/email tooooooooooooooOOOO!!

That makes two of us!

I think the best we can hope for is the waitlist at this point...looks like all the acceptance emails/calls were sent today :(

NOOO!! I really doubt that all the acceptances were done in one day, but then again, I'm optimistic. I can't bear the thought of going through this process again next year.

It looks to me like they're calling people from the earlier interviews (Nov) first.

I can't bear the thought of going through this process again next year.

Hahaha...I feel the same way about that!

Bummer is that I got the first interview (Nov.) but have yet to hear anything! Here's to hoping! :luck:

I received an acceptance email today at around 7 pm, good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those accepted. I am looking forward to seeing everyone in the Fall!!

I received an acceptance email today at around 7 pm, good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those accepted. I am looking forward to seeing everyone in the Fall!!

If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview date? :)

If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview date? :)

I'm thinking that Pacific has already issued acceptances based on interview dates and is now going off a revised list where everyone that was interviewed is ranked against all four groups that interviewed. This is how they determine the waitlist as well. I'm just waiting to hear that I got denied.

I'm thinking that Pacific has already issued acceptances based on interview dates and is now going off a revised list where everyone that was interviewed is ranked against all four groups that interviewed. This is how they determine the waitlist as well. I'm just waiting to hear that I got denied.

Yes that makes sense because why would they be taking people who were on hold back in November and accepting them....I interviewed 2/7....I guess this means I'm on the waitlist! BUt still....I'm waiting for that acceptance.:oops:

Yes that makes sense because why would they be taking people who were on hold back in November and accepting them....I interviewed 2/7....I guess this means I'm on the waitlist! BUt still....I'm waiting for that acceptance.:oops:

Good luck, I'd love to get on the waitlist too even if I was #50.

No letter/email for me today...

At this point I think they might be working on the waitlist/final rejections and then emailing/mailing out final letters later this week or next week...

I just hope I make it onto top 10 of the waitlist...:xf:

I sent in my deferral letter to Pacific last week, hope it opens up a spot for one of you. If you make the wait list I know last year some people got in from the mid-low 20s and maybe even 30s. So don't give up there's still hope. Good luck everyone.

yes i check my email every 5 minutes and i jump every time my phone vibrates....that's what happens when you're waiting for life to happen...

i've put my life on hold for this...and the last thing I want is for pacific to put me on hold :(

Until tomorrow!

I was also accepted but won't be attending (sent my letter in early this week). One more spot for you guys/gals!

Good luck

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news, but I emailed Lonnie and she is done making calls... if you REALLY want to know what your status is, it doesnt hurt to email her!

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news, but I emailed Lonnie and she is done making calls... if you REALLY want to know what your status is, it doesnt hurt to email her!

:(

Just out of curiousity, did Lonnie email you back with your status or did she just tell you that she is done making calls?

Just out of curiousity, did Lonnie email you back with your status or did she just tell you that she is done making calls?

Lonnie was great. She told me EVERYTHING. I'm on the waitlist...

Lonnie was great. She told me EVERYTHING. I'm on the waitlist...

That's fantastic! At least you still have a good chance of getting in!

I just sent her an email in regards of my status...I hope I get the same news as you!

How fast did it take her to get back to you?