Pacific University, Forest Grove OR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's fantastic! At least you still have a good chance of getting in!

I just sent her an email in regards of my status...I hope I get the same news as you!

How fast did it take her to get back to you?

As always, she is great at getting back to us real quick. She probably already emailed u by now hahaha. She answered back within the day... a few hours.

Members don't see this ad.

Ahh man...

I'm so nervous!

If you don't mind me asking, how far are you down the waitlist? No need to answer if you don't want to!

If you're already on the waitlist, has the waitlist already been ranked?

Members don't see this ad :)
Whew! I made the waitlist!

I got an email from LONNIE 30 mins ago...I am waitlisted, but that's ok!!! I'm #6! :D

6 people has my future in their hands :p

I got an email from LONNIE 30 mins ago...I am waitlisted, but that's ok!!! I'm #6! :D

6 people has my future in their hands :p

Congrats man! You are pretty much guaranteed a spot!

Wanna trade your 6 for my 14? Please...pretty please!

89!! I'm so sorry (and i'm not trying to rub it in). But who knows....maybe 90% of those who got accepted will deny?

Good luck to you with your next interview :)

I'm number 89. Hopefully that you makes you feel better.

Congrats man! You are pretty much guaranteed a spot!

Wanna trade your 6 for my 14? Please...pretty please!

14 is not too shabby! Good luck! I'll let you know when I get in....cuz when I am, you'll be #8!!! :laugh:

14 is not too shabby! Good luck! I'll let you know when I get in....cuz when I am, you'll be #8!!! :laugh:

Most definitely! Let me know once you get accepted!

Hope to see you next year!

89!! I'm so sorry (and i'm not trying to rub it in). But who knows....maybe 90% of those who got accepted will deny?

Good luck to you with your next interview :)

Thanks. Doubtful that many deny but at least I can stop worrying about it. Now if anyone needs me I'll be in '88 Trans Am listening to Everybody Hurts by R.E.M. (reference - Dwight in The Office)

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup:Congratulations to all who got accepted and are on waitlist. I am also on waitlist. However, I am sending my denial email as I am accepted to MCPHS-Worcester. I hope it helps others :luck::love:

:thumbup:Congratulations to all who got accepted and are on waitlist. I am also on waitlist. However, I am sending my denial email as I am accepted to MCPHS-Worcester. I hope it helps others :luck::love:

Please tell me that you are one of the people that is ranked somewhere between 1-13 on the waitlist :)

Congrats on your acceptance to MCPHS by the way!

How often is the waitlist updated? Does anybody know?

Someone said that people in high 30's get pulled from the waitlist...Does anybody know if this is a consistent trend in Pacific's short history???

I was put on the waitlist today....number 18....do you guys think my chances look good? :confused:

I think as long as you're under #20, you have a pretty good chance. My logic is this: the acceptances were sent out this week (~ 2 days ago) and those students have 2 weeks to decide (if i remember correctly). They will need to make a $1,000 deposit if they choose to accept.

If Pacific is not their first school choice, most likely they're waiting to hear back or are interviewing with other schools and will know by April or May at the latest. We might get some news in 2 weeks if any of those acceptances from this week are denied! *FINGERS CROSSED* :thumbup:

How did all of you find out you were on the waitlist? Did she send out an email with your rank? I haven't heard anything and I'm worried. :(

How did all of you find out you were on the waitlist? Did she send out an email with your rank? I haven't heard anything and I'm worried. :(

I actually sent her an email and asked her for my status, which I assume is what everybody else did also...

Good Luck!

I didn't need to email her. I just got the email, so did my friend. Everyone who's on the waitlist should have their status probably by the end of the week because those who got in got the news within 2 days.

The wait list is done! Here's what the email will say:

The School of Pharmacy Admissions Committee has finalized the list of accepted candidates for the Class of 2012. This year the School of Pharmacy received the largest number of applications and interviewed the strongest applicant pool to date. You are one of the highly qualified candidates that impressed the Admissions Committee during the interview process; however, due to the limited number of spaces available in the class, we are placing you on the waitlist. Your rank on the waitlist is 6.

congrats to all who got in and are waitlisted! I got my acceptance the other day and haven't been able to properly celebrate since I'm super sick, but I'm excited to meet all my classmates in August!

Please tell me that you are one of the people that is ranked somewhere between 1-13 on the waitlist :)

Congrats on your acceptance to MCPHS by the way!

Sorry, my wait list number won't help you. Hey but don't lose hope definitely u gonna get in believe me and ya good luck:thumbup::)

Anyone who was accepted but decided not to join Pacific University? Please let us know so those that are on the waitlist will have a chance !:rolleyes:

Wanted to start a thread for all those apply to pacific. Who got there app sent in befor the priority deadline?, who got interviews?, who got accepted?, why are you apply to Pacific, etc.

I sent in my application before the priority deadline. I got my interview invite 11/17/08 for the January 17th interview day. I got a phone call saying I was accepted 4 days later. :)

I applied to Pacific for several reasons: 1) It's close to Nevada, where I'm from. 2) It's a 3-year program. 3) A P-2 pharmacy intern I worked with this past summer who goes there said she was really happy with the program...great environment, professors, people, etc.

Good luck to everyone on the wait-list...hopefully I'll see you guys in August!

for those accepted, do u guys know where you'll be living and who with next year yet?

for those accepted, do u guys know where you'll be living and who with next year yet?

I'm currently still debating whether to attend Pacific or MCPHS, but so far I'm leaning towards Pacific because it's close to California. But does anyone have an idea where would be a good location to live at? And any females interested in a possible roommate :)

In addition, does anyone have any idea about the licensure with Oregon state board of pharmacy that was mentioned in the acceptance letter?

Hi! Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I look forward in meeting you guys this coming Aug.
I was looking on Craigslist on the price range on the apts around the campus and it seems decent considering what I am used to in CA. But I think Lonnie said during the interview that they'll send out a list of housing options? Do you guys think that a car is necessary to get around?

Hi! Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I look forward in meeting you guys this coming Aug.
I was looking on Craigslist on the price range on the apts around the campus and it seems decent considering what I am used to in CA. But I think Lonnie said during the interview that they'll send out a list of housing options? Do you guys think that a car is necessary to get around?

A car isn't strictly necessary - many of my classmates ride the Max to school. If I were to pick the nicest place to live, I would say Orenco is a good choice. Very nice apartments, and the max station is within walking distance. The max dropoff (like most of you already know) is about 30 yds from Pacific's HPC.

Post up with any questions you may have (chances are your peers will have the same).

~above~

Does anyone who is currently in the pharm program or has been waitlisted in year past know how often Lonnie updates candidates of their status?

Does anyone who is currently in the pharm program or has been waitlisted in year past know how often Lonnie updates candidates of their status?
Hey mlocke386,
I heard from Lonnie that she will update the waitlist next week because she is still waiting for the last patch to send in the deposit fee (Deadline date is 3/6/09). So by next week the waitlist will start to move.

Hey mlocke386,
I heard from Lonnie that she will update the waitlist next week

Yea thats exactly what Lonnie told me also...the suspense is killing me! I hope I hear some good news next week :xf:

Last edited:
If you're waitlisted, did you need to deposit $1000 to remain on the waitlist???

I got an email from Lonnie about a deposit...and I'm on the waitlist. I'm hoping it's a mistake because I sent out the letter to accept my waitlist position without a check.

ANyone know??

If you're waitlisted, did you need to deposit $1000 to remain on the waitlist???

I got an email from Lonnie about a deposit...and I'm on the waitlist. I'm hoping it's a mistake because I sent out the letter to accept my waitlist position without a check.

ANyone know??

I'm pretty sure u DONT need to pay to remain on the waitlist... and you shouldnt hope its a mistake cuz you probably moved up and got accepted!!

ANyone know??

DUDE! Your probably got accepted!

From my understanding, if you get an acceptance and want to hold a spot in the class, it is a $1000 non refundable fee...but there is no actual charge to remain on the waitlist.

I might know a few :rolleyes:

The waitlist will be updated periodically - no, a deposit is not required to be on the waitlist. A deposit is only required to reserve your seat in the class, and is later applied towards your tuition.

~above~

The email says: "we've received your $1000 deposit" but I didn't deposit anything!! Plus, I didn't get an acceptance offer yet!:scared:

Hahah. Yea...I wish it meant I'm accepted. :p

Lonnie probably sent the email by accident unless you got accepted, sent in the deposit and forgot about it :D . I believe Lonnie will update the waitlist by next week.

Congratulation to everyone that got in and on wait list. I will be applying for 2010, do they accept ap credit?

The email says: "we've received your $1000 deposit" but I didn't deposit anything!! Plus, I didn't get an acceptance offer yet!:scared:

Hahah. Yea...I wish it meant I'm accepted. :p

Aww man...I was hoping it meant you got accepted cause that would mean I would bumped to #8 on the waitlist! :thumbup:

Probably best to call her tomorrow to see what's up...be sure to keep us posted!

For all those on the wait list, if you're in the 20-30 wait list positions you still have a fairly good chance of getting in since the school still has not been accredited (but hopefully that will change soon).

For those asking about housing, someone mentioned Orenco, which is really nice but more expensive than some of the housing around the school. I live close enough to the school where I can walk every morning and I'd advise everyone to do the same if possible.

BTW, I have a car here but I hardly use it.

Last edited:
Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone sent their deposits via certified mail or received a confirmation from the admissions office that their deposit was received? I sent mine in about mid-last week and I haven't received a confirmation that it was received. I also did not send it certified mail, and I'm somewhat worried that it won't get there in time. I figured it should only take a couple days to get to Oregon, but maybe I was mistaken. Do they cash your check fairly quickly? Sorry for all the questions, I'm excited to start and I don't want to jeopardize my acceptance with something as trivial as mailing issues. Thanks for your help and your time =)!

I mailed my deposit using regular mail at the beginning of Feb. I did get an email from Lonnie about a week and a half later confirming that they received my deposit, and another confirmation via regular mail after that. It took them about 4 weeks to cash my check.

If anything, you can just email Lonnie to ask about your deposit. She's so sweet, I'm so she won't mind. =)

I interviewed with Pacific on 2/7. Lonnie notified me of my waitlist status (#53) on 2/19. I was going to wait until 3/9 to request an update about the status of the waitlist, but from some previous posts it sounds like Lonnie will be sending out an update around this time anyways. I will just wait to hear from her.

:cool:

Aww man...I was hoping it meant you got accepted cause that would mean I would bumped to #8 on the waitlist! :thumbup:

Probably best to call her tomorrow to see what's up...be sure to keep us posted!

Haha. no worries, you'll get in!! We'll find out next week when the waitlist is updated!

When I was out for my interview in January I decided to look at apartments around the area just in case I do get in I have it already somewhat figured out. For those of you the area or in the program what do you know or think about North Ridge Apartments? It's about a 10 minute drive from the school?

Thanks UCLASushi! I e-mailed Lonnie last week and they did receive it!

When I was out for my interview in January I decided to look at apartments around the area just in case I do get in I have it already somewhat figured out. For those of you the area or in the program what do you know or think about North Ridge Apartments? It's about a 10 minute drive from the school?

If you go to Google - click on maps - then do a search for:

North Ridge Apartments, hillsboro, oregon

It will bring up the exact location of the apartment complex - if you then click on the "A" on the map - you will see a bunch of reviews from people that live there currently

Google is a GREAT way to map out where you want to live. Also the street view is very useful - I actually knew how far it was to walk by actually "walking" up the street to school - very awesome :cool:

~above~

wait listed updated soon! can't wait.

:D

I'll worry about the housing later on.