Pacific University - 2008 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Exactly. starfishes didn't copy the part of my message where i wrote I am hopeful because since very few got accepted, I still think they haven't finished calling yet or sending out acceptances. Even thinking back, i once called lonnie to ask when interview invites will be sent out, she told me couple more weeks. Next day i got an invite. She tends to say stuff to get people off her back. I am just saying don't jump to conculusion, keep waiting with an open mind.

yaa... let us all hope that i am wrong and ur right!! :thumbup::thumbup:

so guys... nebody else going to any other interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

yaa... let us all hope that i am wrong and ur right!! :thumbup::thumbup:

so guys... nebody else going to any other interviews?

I wonder who has got the interview invite for the Jan. date, I am waiting...

I have an interview for the Jan 26th date, but only because I postponed my Nov interview. I'll be cancelling my interview though since I've already been accepted to another school. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview for the Jan 26th date, but only because I postponed my Nov interview. I'll be cancelling my interview though since I've already been accepted to another school. Good luck everyone!

congrats terse. Can u share where u got accepted?

Congrats to those who got in so far and good luck to the rest of you guys still waiting.

Man, I really wish I could have made it to the Nov 10th interview! Bah..

Ohandfj-- I'll be there at the Jan 26th interview. Like terse, I had it postponed because I couldn't make the 1st interview. I don't think the second batch of invites has gone out yet.

Congrats to those who got in so far and good luck to the rest of you guys still waiting.

Man, I really wish I could have made it to the Nov 10th interview! Bah..

Ohandfj-- I'll be there at the Jan 26th interview. Like terse, I had it postponed because I couldn't make the 1st interview. I don't think the second batch of invites has gone out yet.

I remember you have got in Midwestern, good job! :)

I hope they can send out the invites for second batch soon!

thank you bab3!!!
I tried calling you back, but i couldnt reach you.. also, i had no idea what the message said..=(
anywho~ thank you so much and i wish everyone the best of luck!!!

you should leave Lonnie alone. When they are ready to announce more acceptances or even statuses they will. Calling them every second will not make a difference. I WOuld not be surprised if Lonnie just said that to get someone off her back. It's possible that they have not finished reviewing all the interview material as there were at least 2 sets of notes from interviewers, essays, group project, etc...( the amount of acceptances or lack there of supports that theory) So just wait and please don't call them every minute.

Good Point!

Hey guys, just checking in in th midst of this chaos.

I remember last year when the 1st round of acceptances came out, I didn't get a phone call. I was devastated cause I calculated 10 days for the prior years and on that 10th day, many people on this board got in while I didn't.

I was numb because this was THEE school for me. I thought I was on hold but they actually had a 2nd round of calling for acceptances before they decide the hold list. I got a call 8-10 days after the first round of phone calls, which was still 3 weeks before the 2nd interview date.

In short, no news is good news with this school. I believe the ones who already got the call were superstars and had no reason for denial. They do have a batch of good applicants who they'll review again before they put people on hold though.

However, the process was different last year with Vanessa and since Lonnie is running the show this year, things may be different.

BTW, it was nice meeting all of you. I was the guy signing everyone in. Good luck everyone and don't worry too much. I know, easier said than done.

BTW Terse, are you the guy from San Francisco? You looked real nervous during the whole time and I was going to give you a pep talk, but I couldn't find you after we broke from the essay writing. I'm from SF too. Congrats on Touro though.

Hey guys, just checking in in th midst of this chaos.

In short, no news is good news with this school. I believe the ones who already got the call were superstars and had no reason for denial. They do have a batch of good applicants who they'll review again before they put people on hold though.

However, the process was different last year with Vanessa and since Lonnie is running the show this year, things may be different.

Thanks Eddie! I actually read through the entire pacific thread again from last year and realized that they don't call everybody at once. Every school does things differently so it's very confusing! But anyways thanks a lot for the reassurance :):):)

BTW Terse, are you the guy from San Francisco? You looked real nervous during the whole time and I was going to give you a pep talk, but I couldn't find you after we broke from the essay writing. I'm from SF too. Congrats on Touro though.

:confused: re-read my post. i didn't go to the Nov interview, but thanks though. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Eddie269 Can you do all of us a favor and get some info of how long we have to wait and what's the deal with phone calls and mails and so forth and post it here. Since you go there and you would be reliable (ihope:)).

Eddie269 Can you do all of us a favor and get some info of how long we have to wait and what's the deal with phone calls and mails and so forth and post it here. Since you go there and you would be reliable (ihope:)).

I honestly have no idea. In the past year, the first group got called 10 days after. Then another batch got called 2-3 weeks after that. Then the rest were put on hold. That is definitely different this year considering our first interview was in mid-Nov and out 2nd one won't be until early January.

BTW, phone calls are generally optional on Lonnie's part. The official way is through mail so all phone calls are usually a way of Lonnie trying to be nice. Sorry I couldn't help much.

Does anyone know what kind of holiday breaks Pacific has? I know about the summer break (or lack thereof), but what about Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.?

I talked to one of the students and he said he is going back home for thanksgiving and christmas, but I don't know how long the breaks are but I know there is something:)

Does anyone know what kind of holiday breaks Pacific has? I know about the summer break (or lack thereof), but what about Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.?

For Thanksgiving we have about 5 days, Christmas about 14 days & 4 days for spring break. After the P1 year, you can get up to 6 weeks of summer vacation depending on if you pass all the exams for the year or not...

Btw, congrats to those who have gotten accepted so far!

Look at all of the action going on in here...

First of all - congrats to those who have been accepted - there is no feeling greater than knowing you have made the final cut. There are no more cuts - all you have to do now is finish school and pass the tests... How hot is that???

For those of you who did not receive a status update - it is not the end of the world. I waited from the interview date in November all the way until June to be accepted. Its not exactly what you wanted - but no news is good news.

Good luck to everyone else.

~above~

I waited from the interview date in November all the way until June to be accepted. Its not exactly what you wanted - but no news is good news.

Good luck to everyone else.

~above~

Hey Above,

Did the adcom give you a waitlist notice with a priority number?? Or did you just have to wait it out? Thanks.

Still no one received any invites for interviews in Jan. 2008? They suppose to be sent out in Mid Nov., right?

Still no one received any invites for interviews in Jan. 2008? They suppose to be sent out in Mid Nov., right?

hang in there... jan is still so far away :)

They probably have so many applications to review b4 they send out invites...

So guys! the deadline for pacific was what? yesterday? i wonder how many people have applied this year in total! Not a lot of people are on this thread but i'm sure many more are just lurking around and not saying a thing!

hang in there... jan is still so far away :)

They probably have so many applications to review b4 they send out invites...

So guys! the deadline for pacific was what? yesterday? i wonder how many people have applied this year in total! Not a lot of people are on this thread but i'm sure many more are just lurking around and not saying a thing!

I'm a lurker..there's no point in saying anything till I hear from the school :)

Got my letter from Pacific today:

it says that I'm placed on committee hold and decision on my application will not be made until end of Feb, when all the interviews r done. Decisions and rankings will be given out around March.

This letter was dated Nov 15.

Anybody else got the same letter?

I'm not sure what to think :scared:

it says that I'm placed on committee hold and decision on my application will not be made until end of Feb, when all the interviews r done. Decisions and rankings will be given out around March.

OMG now I can't wait to open the mail box. Our mailman comes at 4:00PM and now is 11:12AM so as soon as I open it I will let you guys know if I got anything or not. :)

But being on hold sucks. You have to wait for such a long time to see what happens aaah:scared:

Sorry to hear that Michelle.

I was probably wrong and you guys were right. People who didn't get the call are proly waitlisted or rejected, including myself

My mailman also comes at 4pm. proly have my

1. PCAT
2. PAcific stuff
3. Western Stuff

OUCH proly a nightmare.

:(:scared:I am very disappointed. I started crying for the second time in my life. first time was when my grandmother died and second time being on hold. I thought 3.7 is high gpa plus many other things i had. But i guess i'll wait and see what happens i guess they had a good reason for putting me on hold.:barf::scared:I will just keep working hard and get back up to my feet

Yeah, I just got the same letter, so does that mean that EVERYONE from the 1st interview date (who weren't accepted) got this letter and is just put "on hold" until others are interviewed... damn this sucks...:(

I wonder if anyone from the first interview actually received a denial letter, since I think I did my best during the interview and it would be cruel to just put me on hold, then just to flat out reject me later...I would rather receive a rejection notice now...

Last year - after each interview session - they either accepted, denied, or placed holds on the applicants at the interview day. Additionally, they also review those people already on hold. From the hold group - some were accepted, others were denied, and the rest continued to wait with a hold status.

There is little sense in speculating or worrying about it - You guys will be fine. I really can feel for what you guys are going through - I have been there.

One bit of advice - finish strong in your fall classes - as these grades WILL be factored into your applications review in Feb. Aside from that - hope everyone had a great Turkey day.

~above~

I'm placed on hold as well. Good luck to all on hold, and congratulations to all that's in!

I got flat out rejected too. The sad part is that they said I needed more pharmacy experience yet I work in a pharmacy??? I also got rejected because of my low GPA. I think they just looked at my GPA and then tossed me in the reject pile and had to make up some stuff about the things I got rejected for

Hey guys.
I was wondering if you guys read the package they gave us on the interview day and if so did it say anthing about how the holds are treated or proly a statistical analysis of last year's holds.

I was so late for my flight that i had to rush to the airport and i left my package in OR.

TNX.

I got flat out rejected too. The sad part is that they said I needed more pharmacy experience yet I work in a pharmacy??? I also got rejected because of my low GPA. I think they just looked at my GPA and then tossed me in the reject pile and had to make up some stuff about the things I got rejected for

I don't think so because this is my second time applying;) and for the first time I had 500 hours of volunteer work and they rejected me and said i need to have more experience. So then I went to a hospital and did more hours and i'm still going there:laugh: By fall 2008 or proly sooner i'll have alot of hours of volunteer work.
However they put me on hold this year and my gpa is pretty high too. so myabe if i get another pharmacy experience and apply next year i'll get in:smuggrin:lol All I am saying is that don't give up and improve yourself and apply again. That's exactly what I have been doing for the past two years.

:( aww

well, how long have u worked in a pharmacy? many ppl i met at the interview have all worked at a pharmacy for 1 yr+

r u applying anywhere else?

I worked over a year, plus I have shadowed other pharmacists in other fields
:( aww

well, how long have u worked in a pharmacy? many ppl i met at the interview have all worked at a pharmacy for 1 yr+

r u applying anywhere else?

Hey guys. Being on hold isn't the end of the world. Just hang in there.

However, one thing I hope everyone realizes is GPA ISN'T EVERYTHING. PU's program emphasizes ability to work well in a group. I would say that's up there with GPA, at least from a point of a current student.

You depend on your group during the assessment so much. I'd rather have someone who will work with me to achieve success than to have some 4.0 guy come in and try to take over the whole group without hearing me out.

Anybody who has a decent GPA and the drive to study hard will succeed academically, that's a given. However, not everyone who is "smart" can work well in a group. Think about it that way.

And I'm sure that's how the committee views it too.

I honestly think those who submitted their application before the priority deadline should have a higher chance of being accepted; it took a lot of effort and initiative to complete the application with care and accuracy.

I also wanted to say good luck to those who are on the wait list. Please don't give up hope!

Hi MichelleIsMe

I applied about a wk or two after the priority...which basically means I have to wait forever to hear from them. patience...