Pacific University - 2008 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello
I know Pacific does not require PCAT but do you know if they will take a look at it if the score is sent or will they just throw it out without even looking?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello
I know Pacific does not require PCAT but do you know if they will take a look at it if the score is sent or will they just throw it out without even looking?
Thanks

I would e-mail Lonnie directly, expressing your interest about the PCAT in their admissions decision. If she says no, at least you know.

Hello
Thanks

budobud:

please let me know what lonnie says about this too

Members don't see this ad :)
I got flat out rejected too. The sad part is that they said I needed more pharmacy experience yet I work in a pharmacy??? I also got rejected because of my low GPA. I think they just looked at my GPA and then tossed me in the reject pile and had to make up some stuff about the things I got rejected for

Did you have an interview?

Did you have an interview?

Yeah, I got rejected after my interview. It frustrates me that they give you an interview, but reject you for reasons other than the interview

Yeah, I got rejected after my interview. It frustrates me that they give you an interview, but reject you for reasons other than the interview

Was this your first time applying? I feel bad that their decision was based on reasons other than your interview. I wish you well with your other applications.

I emailed Lonnie on Monday regarding the PCAT scores but she has not yet gotten back to me.

Did anyone get rejected without an interview yet?

Sorry to hear that, best of luck with other schools!

I just got a confirmation e-mail saying that they received my application, I hope I get an interview. If I get rejected, how long does it take for them to send me the rejection letter? Here's my stats
BS in Biological Sciences
3.00 sci gpa 3.17 overall gpa
Pharmacy experience-1/2 year
Taking my pharm tech test in Dec

Below is what Lonnie said about PCAT.

We can add your PCAT score to your application, but I don't know that it
will have any weight on the decisions made by the Admissions Committee.
So it is up to you - but if you do send it, we will add it to your file.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a confirmation e-mail saying that they received my application, I hope I get an interview. If I get rejected, how long does it take for them to send me the rejection letter? Here's my stats

Your GPA is pretty low, but don't give up there is always hope. And nobody really knows how they decide and everybody just guess, so ....

Try to be optimistic!!! You never know what will happen! My stats are probably not phenomenal either, but I am not giving up hope! Overall GPA 3.34 and science GPA 3.44. B.S. in Microbiology and Pharmacy Experience for 5 1/2 years....(long time:D) ha ha! Lots of extracurriculars!

Btw....does anyone know how many out-of-state students are accepted?

Try to be optimistic!!! You never know what will happen! My stats are probably not phenomenal either, but I am not giving up hope! Overall GPA 3.34 and science GPA 3.44. B.S. in Microbiology and Pharmacy Experience for 5 1/2 years....(long time:D) ha ha! Lots of extracurriculars!

Btw....does anyone know how many out-of-state students are accepted?

it's a private school so there's no preference to in-state or out-of-state

it's a private school so there's no preference to in-state or out-of-state

Oops!! ha ha!! You are right! :D Well, hopefully I will get an interview...I did not get my application in before the priority deadline, but hopefully my stats are good enough to obtain an interview!!! :D

I wonder if they look at last 45 hours gpa or just cum and sci?

Anyone know if they will send 2nd batch of interview letters before or after Xmas? If not, I'll shoot Lon an email...

Anyone know if they will send 2nd batch of interview letters before or after Xmas? If not, I'll shoot Lon an email...

I am waiting for that too. Anyone heard anything?

i'm pretty sure they look at all 3.. or else they wouldn't have asked for all 3!

Lonnie said 2nd batch interviews will be sent out in january

i'm pretty sure they look at all 3.. or else they wouldn't have asked for all 3!

well the reason i asked is because when people post their gpa's, they all seem to state only their sci and cum, not the last 45...jw.

thanks...and that's dumb.they should send out before xmas break :(

I agree....so we could all get a nice Christmas present!!! :D (An interview invite)....Well, I guess we will have to wait for a late present...Good Luck to everyone waiting!!!

I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!!! I just got an email from Lonnie....I have an interview for Jan 26th... anyone else going on this day????:D:D:D

I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!!! I just got an email from Lonnie....I have an interview for Jan 26th... anyone else going on this day????:D:D:D

Looks like your Christmas present came early, Congrats!

Hi, everybody...it's my first post in this thread, so noone knows me in here. But we can get to each other...it's never too late, right? Well I got an email from Lonnie today, saying that i have an interview on 26th Jan... I am nervous nd excited, it's a mixed feeling. anyone else in here goin on Jan 26? nd those of u who live near the area, what's the weather like?

Hi, everybody...it's my first post in this thread, so noone knows me in here. But we can get to each other...it's never too late, right? Well I got an email from Lonnie today, saying that i have an interview on 26th Jan... I am nervous nd excited, it's a mixed feeling. anyone else in here goin on Jan 26? nd those of u who live near the area, what's the weather like?

I'll be there on Jan 26th. :p Yayyy~

it's going to rain. =)

It's not even accredited.

I am wondering wht there class size is? n how many students r interviewed in one batch?

I am wondering wht there class size is? n how many students r interviewed in one batch?

Good question!!...seems like there are a few of us SDN'ers going on the 26th of Jan! I am not sure...anyone else know who has already interviewed there?

Well, on the Nov 10 interview, they said this year the class will have 96 students. They will also cap it at 96. During our interview they said about 53 students were interviewed.

On another note, I recently received a Christmas card from Lonnie. I thought that was nice of her.

Well, on the Nov 10 interview, they said this year the class will have 96 students. They will also cap it at 96. During our interview they said about 53 students were interviewed.

On another note, I recently received a Christmas card from Lonnie. I thought that was nice of her.

haha u got one too? i thought i was the special one :laugh:

but ya WOW was I surprised to get that card! it was very nice of Lonnie to go above n beyond her duties.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am one of the P1 Pacific students. This is surely an exciting time for all of you and I remember just how anxious I was last year. For those of you who are already accepted, CONGRATS, and I'll see you in fhe Fall.
For those of you who haven't received an interview, DON'T GET DISCOURAGED. I procrastinated, turned my app in a week before the final deadline, got an interview in the VERY last group, and found out a week and a half later that I got accepted.

Have a great holiday season!!!!

Can anyone tell me the best hotel to stay at....I have looked at a couple that Lonnie sent in her email, but I was wondering if anyone from prior interviews could give me some info....like which ones are closest to the school, etc...

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
:D

Can anyone tell me the best hotel to stay at....I have looked at a couple that Lonnie sent in her email, but I was wondering if anyone from prior interviews could give me some info....like which ones are closest to the school, etc...

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
:D

i stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.. it was still a bit of a drive to the school.. but the hotel provides shuttle (however, they only provide shuttle M-F... as long as there are few other students staying there.. they may shuttle u guys on a sat too.. gotta ask wen u book a room!)

it was clean n comfy ... kind of expensive for my price range but i don't like spending the night before my interview at a shady motel as a girl, alone.

I looked at the application materials...it was too much for me to handle.

However, I really like this video, check it out friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eGgBcDybaU

4:28 minutes

What do you guys think?

P.S. Pacific is the most expensive school in the United States. It is also a private school.

It isn't the most expensive school. Look at other pharmacy schools such as Western University or Midwestern Glendale's annual tuition. :D

Hopefully some people are convinced!:D

Has anyone been rejected that did not get an interview?

Has anyone been rejected that did not get an interview?

ya somebody on this thread has mentioned that they rejected her on the grounds that she needs to finish more pre-reqs first.. prior to interviews

i've also heard of ppl being put on hold before even getting interviewed

i stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.. it was still a bit of a drive to the school.. but the hotel provides shuttle (however, they only provide shuttle M-F... as long as there are few other students staying there.. they may shuttle u guys on a sat too.. gotta ask wen u book a room!)

it was clean n comfy ... kind of expensive for my price range but i don't like spending the night before my interview at a shady motel as a girl, alone.

I stayed in Mariott. They drove me and picked me up. Offered to drive me anywhere in the 5 mile radius. It is also very close to the max, like two blocks away.

Anyhow, they rejected me after the interview. Yet, Western accepted me a week and half after the interview.

One of the concerns about Pacific U is the rotations are not set up. The assitent dean said that some student might have to travel up to 100 miles for some rotations.

I stayed in Mariott. They drove me and picked me up. Offered to drive me anywhere in the 5 mile radius. It is also very close to the max, like two blocks away.

Anyhow, they rejected me after the interview. Yet, Western accepted me a week and half after the interview.

One of the concerns about Pacific U is the rotations are not set up. The assitent dean said that some student might have to travel up to 100 miles for some rotations.

ya that's actually my biggest concern about this school.. also the fact that they've never gradded any students so it's hard to tell what's the naplex rates

u gotta take some risks w/ newer schools :S

but congrats on ur Western acceptance.. u're probably like "IN UR FACE PACIFIC" haha