Pacific University - 2008 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone taking their luggage with them to the interview? BTW we should all meet up on friday&Saturday for dinner or something... I think Lonnie listed a lot of restaurants around the school.

im taking my luggage... i've only got 1 carry-on + 1 purse and lonnie said we can store it there no problem!

Members don't see this ad.

I lived in Portland for about a year so I know some of the pretty good places downtown. Portland City Grill is nice because you get a great view of the city from the 30th floor and the whole restaurant is surrounded in glass. Jake's Seafood is also pretty good. They are both kinda pricey though, so I don't know what kind of price range you guys want to to stay in. Also, there is a great little martini place, where they have over 100 kinds of Martini's. ;)

the red lion has the cheapest rates. Anyone else staying there too? Im flying from southern cali

Members don't see this ad :)
well... i was gonna stay @ the red lion but i read TERRIBLE reviews about the hotel... i then called them myself just to ask a few q's n the staff was really rude so im shelling out extra 20-30bucks to stay at the holiday inn....

and FL pharmD, i'm sort of on a budget so ionno if i can afford such a nice downtown dinner place lol.. i still haven't decided what i wanna do on fri yet... grrr.. anybody's got ideas?

I lived in Portland for about a year so I know some of the pretty good places downtown. Portland City Grill is nice because you get a great view of the city from the 30th floor and the whole restaurant is surrounded in glass. Jake's Seafood is also pretty good. They are both kinda pricey though, so I don't know what kind of price range you guys want to to stay in. Also, there is a great little martini place, where they have over 100 kinds of Martini's. ;)

Martini sounds nice, but mabey on Saturday night or after the interview. OH yea there's a Starbucks..... how about cofee ppl??

Martini sounds nice, but mabey on Saturday night or after the interview. OH yea there's a Starbucks..... how about cofee ppl??

im gonna b heading straight to the airport after the interview.. it's gonna b hard to meet up on sat b/c everybody leaves at diff times.

starbucks is always awesome =) is there a starbucks nearby the school/hotel?

Is anyone getting there before Friday? Starbucks sounds great. I'll look into the closest one.

I think I am gona be resting friday. For those who are staying another night and leaving on Sunday lets grab dinner after the interview. We can all meet up right after or something.

Hey all, for those of you going to the Nov. 10th interview, I was checking the weather forecast on weather.com...and it seems like it might be raining on that weekend.

So just in case, I hope everyone brings their umbrella or a rain coat, so that no one gets their clothes or suit wet!

-a californian :D

im gonna b heading straight to the airport after the interview.. it's gonna b hard to meet up on sat b/c everybody leaves at diff times.

starbucks is always awesome =) is there a starbucks nearby the school/hotel?

yeah... there's one listed by Lonnie at 215 SE 10th avenue

I didn't get an interview for Nov. they told me my app would be in the review pile until all apps were recieved. I have a 3.66 overall gpa and a 3.56 science gpa. I have around 100credit hours, with 7000+ hours as a pharm tech. Are these stats similar to those of you that got interviews? Do I still have a chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, is this Pacific University's first interview session?

I didn't get an interview for Nov. they told me my app would be in the review pile until all apps were recieved. I have a 3.66 overall gpa and a 3.56 science gpa. I have around 100credit hours, with 7000+ hours as a pharm tech. Are these stats similar to those of you that got interviews? Do I still have a chance?

7000hours?! i hope ur not seriously worried about ur chances w/ pacific...!

7000+ is what like 3-4 years of full time?

Yeah I was a pharmacy tech in the army for 4 years, all inpatient and anestesia. about 8 months of training and the rest was full time tech.

Yeah I was a pharmacy tech in the army for 4 years, all inpatient and anestesia. about 8 months of training and the rest was full time tech.

hey fost.. u have GREAT experience + good gpa... u'll most definitely get an interview!!!

o no it's gonna rain!

"Friday: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.

Friday Night: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.

Saturday: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54.

Saturday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. "

blahhhh, i guess i better just stay in the hotel and study :thumbdown:

Damn the rain. Anyone know how many interviewees there will be total?

I applied early (met the priority date) but still don't hear anything about interview. Probably, my GPA is too low. I just waiting until receiving the rejection letter, I guess.

I applied early (met the priority date) but still don't hear anything about interview. Probably, my GPA is too low. I just waiting until receiving the rejection letter, I guess.

No news... is good news!

Stay positive!

Hey guys, now we know that it's going to be raining, is anyone still interested in taking the MAX rail to school on Friday?
I will be arriving at 12:30pm on Friday and am staying at Red Lions hotel. I will be glad to share a shuttle if anyone is landing around the same time. I hope everything is going well for all of you and I will see you guys this weekend.

Hey guys, now we know that it's going to be raining, is anyone still interested in taking the MAX rail to school on Friday?
I will be arriving at 12:30pm on Friday and am staying at Red Lions hotel. I will be glad to share a shuttle if anyone is landing around the same time. I hope everything is going well for all of you and I will see you guys this weekend.

budobud, I am staying at the Red Lion hotel also. PM me the details of the MAX rail.

people who got interviews; what were your stats?

Good luck to everyone going on the Nov 10th interview date! I wish I could have gone on that day too but I guess I'll have to wait until January. Let me know how it is please. :p

Just like k0ni I wanted to give a word of encouragement and wish everyone interviewing good luck! Not that you need it or anything... you're already 3/4 of the way there; the first batch of interviews is already a positive statement and should be an encouraging time for you!

Tell us how it goes...

Good luck to everyone! Bring something warm to wear.

Is anyone here yet? It's pretty cold so make sure you bring something warm. I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express and it's only about 10 minutes from the school so hopefully saturday won't be too hectic. Good luck everyone!

good luck to you all on interview.:thumbup: keep yourself warm.:love:

let us know how it goes. peace!:luck:

Anyone up for grabbing dinner tomorrow night? There are a bunch of restaurants right around the Holiday Inn, Marriott and Red Lion.

Anyone up for grabbing dinner tomorrow night? There are a bunch of restaurants right around the Holiday Inn, Marriott and Red Lion.

hey im going to be staying at holiday inn express as well, and i think grabbing a quick dinner would b great! check ur pm =)

Hey ppl! I am in Portland right now... it is nice and fresh. Can't wait to see you guys on Saturday!!! good luck

Hey ppl! I am in Portland right now... it is nice and fresh. Can't wait to see you guys on Saturday!!! good luck

Hey I think some of the interviewees are going to grab dinner tonight if you want to come. Where are you staying?

so.. im here at the holiday inn.. i took the MAX and left my umbrella there!! argh!! anyone have an extra umbrella!!?

That's too funny! I was just thinking the same thing. I left mine at the airport. :(

I'm at the Red Lion right now. Anyone else here too?

oh FLD~... are u at the holiday inn express?
well im about to go to the new season's market to buy an umbrella.. would u like to join? or anyone else?

Hey I am at red Lion room 149 stop by if you guys want to

I think I'm gonna risk it without the umbrella. But we're all going to dinner tonight if you want to come.

i just had my interview (11/2) at pacific and i absolutely love it there!!!! everyone was so friendly! im from chicago and i know they don't take a lot of out of staters which makes me nervous! anyone else out of state?

i just had my interview (11/2) at pacific and i absolutely love it there!!!! everyone was so friendly! im from chicago and i know they don't take a lot of out of staters which makes me nervous! anyone else out of state?

Are you refering to Pacific University or University of the Pacific?

Are you refering to Pacific University or University of the Pacific?

She posted in the wrong thread, I believe only University of the Pacific had interviews on 11/2. I wouldn't blame her for posting in the wrong thread. After all University of the Pacific in Stockton, is the better Pacific. :laugh::smuggrin:

Hey guys,
Had my interview today. Everything went pretty well. Most people finish very early i think last people finished at about 3PM. Questions are very basic, essay is not stressful another scenario type question.

They told us they will conduct identical activities for second interview and asked us not to disclose them on this website. YES they read it. :)

I don't think anyone stayed in my hotel, but i am happy with the hotel (MARRIOT) as they drove me to interview and picked me up and very close to the train which will take me to the airport. :)

Most surprising is the diversity of applicant pool. People in late 30s, married, with children, from all over the US and Canada.

Sorry i can't discuss interview questions and essay topic. :(

She posted in the wrong thread, I believe only University of the Pacific had interviews on 11/2. I wouldn't blame her for posting in the wrong thread. After all University of the Pacific in Stockton, is the better Pacific. :laugh::smuggrin:

oh my bad. i didn't know there was a pacific university. where is that at?