Pacific University - 2008 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sometime in Nov.

I don't have any specifics. But, one other thing that i heard is rejections will be sent out along with invites for applicants.

Wow, sending out rejections as well as invites?? It's good they're not waiting until February to drop the news, but I rather know before the end of this year rather than to keep on waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

hmm i dont understand why u'd include Econ as a science just b/c its a prereq.... u wouldnt include psych as a science GPA just b/c its pre-req also! so no i dont think econ counts as a science credit at all.

good point!! :D

Michelle, you're correct. Lonnie said when I talked to her last week that it's only science and math (not including econ). And they should be classes in the math/science departments. By that I mean that I had statistics through the business department at OSU and that should not be included in my math/science calcs due to there also being a math department stats class.

hmm i dont understand why u'd include Econ as a science just b/c its a prereq.... u wouldnt include psych as a science GPA just b/c its pre-req also! so no i dont think econ counts as a science credit at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to clarify - Pacific university does not have tiers - University of the Pacific (or is it Touro??) does... This happens a lot (as I am sure you guys have noticed) - UOP (California) does NOT equal Pac U (Oregon)

As to the post about when you find out your status with Pacific - there are (3) designations after the interview - if I remember it correctly.

1. You are accepted
2. You are rejected
3. You are on hold

If you are accepted or rejected, you will find out almost immediately (within 2 weeks). If you are placed on Hold - well, that is another story. I interviewed in November, was placed on the waitlist in March - and was finally accepted in June. The majority of the people interviewed will be placed on hold.

I am sure the numbers change from session to session - but it seemed like out of the 65 people interviewed per session - 15 to 20 were accepted, and maybe 5 were rejected (info pulled from the board = not official). Everyone else was placed on hold. After each subsequent interview session - less people are placed on hold, and more are rejected. Also, some people that were originally placed on hold receive rejection letters after subsequent interview dates. Whether this was due only to the timing that a person chose to post - or if there were simply more qualified applicants to be placed on the list I do not know.

I can say this from experience - because I obsessed more than anyone else I think - do not spend your time worrying about this. Focus on enjoying your undergrad and get excellent grades. Trust me, you will have plenty of time to worry about things when you get here... :cool:

~above~

Well, I finally got a confirmation that they've received my supplemental info. So, I was wondering does Pacific U call or email people for interviews?

I got an e-mail today too saying that my application is complete.

I got an e-mail today too saying that my application is complete.

Hello everyone,

how long do you wait until you should call the Admissions office and check on your file (assuming you've submitted everything they've requested)?

Hello everyone,

how long do you wait until you should call the Admissions office and check on your file (assuming you've submitted everything they've requested)?

It took them like a week to respond and say that it was complete.

Overall, I'm happy with the school but there are still a few kinks to work out. I'm not a big fan of having our rotations the day before our test on Friday. I'm lucky my site is 30 minutes away and my preceptor allows me to choose my hours. Some people drive 1.5 hrs away and have to work a later shift (12pm-9pm). I don't know how they can get home by 1030pm, eat, shower, and study.

Wow... that must be rough. Is that part of the intensity of the program? What is being done to accomodate the students who can not get home till 11PM the night before the exam?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow... that must be rough. Is that part of the intensity of the program? What is being done to accomodate the students who can not get home till 11PM the night before the exam?

The school does not take a position in deciding your schedule in this regard. A lot of us that have distant rotations (I am one of the unlucky) car pool - we all negotiated 9 to 5 schedules due to the need to car pool. We leave at 645 am - and arrive home at 700 pm - but I have heard of some people not being able to do anything about it.

Bottom line - you will find a way to get your studying in, and get your rotations done, along with everything else they give you - that is just how it works. Oh, and just so you know - No, you will never feel like you have enough time to get EVERYTHING done - but you will. If it was cake, everyone would be a pharmacist...

Side note - 3rd assessment down - only 17 more this year... holla

~above~

The school does not take a position in deciding your schedule in this regard. A lot of us that have distant rotations (I am one of the unlucky) car pool - we all negotiated 9 to 5 schedules due to the need to car pool. We leave at 645 am - and arrive home at 700 pm - but I have heard of some people not being able to do anything about it.

Bottom line - you will find a way to get your studying in, and get your rotations done, along with everything else they give you - that is just how it works. Oh, and just so you know - No, you will never feel like you have enough time to get EVERYTHING done - but you will. If it was cake, everyone would be a pharmacist...

Side note - 3rd assessment down - only 17 more this year... holla

~above~

Hey I was just wondering if they send out for interviews by mail, e-mail, or call us? And when do they usually hold interviews during the week or on Saturday?

Pacific is still sending out interview invitations? my application was complete at the end of Sept., I am wondering how long I need to wait before hearing anything from them.

Do they send the invitations via regular mail, or email? and the interviews will be on Sat. or Fri.?

Please share some info, thanks!

Pacific is still sending out interview invitations? my application was complete at the end of Sept., I am wondering how long I need to wait before hearing anything from them.

Do they send the invitations via regular mail, or email? and the interviews will be on Sat. or Fri.?

Please share some info, thanks!

actually, from what i understand... they haven't sent out any invitation yet. They said they'd review it in mid-oct and first batch of interviews will be in nov.

I just have a question about the rotations in the first year of Pacific's program. I guess I am just wondering what students do at their site and what kind of place it is. Thanks!

I don't think anyone has mentioned this...talked to the people in admissions and they said I have to have a YEAR of pharmacy experience prior to matriculation. Thought I'd just put this on here for anyone looking at this school.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this...talked to the people in admissions and they said I have to have a YEAR of pharmacy experience prior to matriculation. Thought I'd just put this on here for anyone looking at this school.

I think all you need is 40 hours. Why else would they want us to write it down on the application.

You say University of the Pacific, I say Pacific University- it's all the same in the end, right? One of these schools should change its name or they should join together into Super Pacific University or something. If nothing else, we could at least join the SDN threads so as to avoid future confusion- or compound future confusion.

You say University of the Pacific, I say Pacific University- it's all the same in the end, right? One of these schools should change its name or they should join together into Super Pacific University or something. If nothing else, we could at least join the SDN threads so as to avoid future confusion- or compound future confusion.

I know many people who call the cali school, UOP and not pacific univ.

I was just checking my e-mail today and received an interview invite from Lonnie for Nov. 10th!! :):):) Does anyone else have an interview that day?!:hardy:

I was just checking my e-mail today and received an interview invite from Lonnie for Nov. 10th!! :):):) Does anyone else have an interview that day?!:hardy:

Congrats! :)can u share ur stats with us plz???

and also whn did u submit ur application?

I just checked my email as well and I got an invite also. I have the USC interview that day, so i just rescheduled my interview with Lonnie to Jan 26th. :)

i submitted my app right when the online application became available. i actually submitted the paper application, then the next day the online one became available. :oops:

I just checked my email as well and I got an invite also. I have the USC interview that day, so i just rescheduled my interview with Lonnie to Jan 26th. :)

i submitted my app right when the online application became available. i actually submitted the paper application, then the next day the online one became available. :oops:

Could u guys plz share ur stats with us?

Just got my interview invitation for Nov 10 :thumbup:

I also just received an interview invitation. I submitted by application about mid-September. Congrats and good luck to all!

I just got an interview also!!!

I submitted my application at the beginning of September.
my science gpa 3.57, cumulative 3.71, and last 45 semester hrs 3.84
I just found out yesterday I got accepted to Oregon State University for early decision, but am also still very interested in Pacific since I am living in Oregon. Good luck to everyone!:);):hardy:

I submitted my application at the beginning of September.
my science gpa 3.57, cumulative 3.71, and last 45 semester hrs 3.84
I just found out yesterday I got accepted to Oregon State University for early decision, but am also still very interested in Pacific since I am living in Oregon. Good luck to everyone!:);):hardy:

congrats on your acceptance and good luck on your upcoming interview.

can you guys share your stats, gpa (cumulative, science, last 45 hrs), and when you submitted ur app?

I submitted my application on September 26.

Required Science/Statistic Courses 3.01
Last 45 semester hours GPA 4.00
Cumulative GPA 3.3

However, this is my second time applying, but first time applying to Pacific.

This is my first interview ever... and I'm fairly nervous...

Cumulative GPA 3.3

my stats are similar to yours MeHungry! Good luck on your interview! :thumbup:

I got an interview invite via e-mail from Lonnie. Hmm I have 2 midterms coming up - kinda hard to concentrate! Too many questions running through my mind.... :D

Anyone up for Nov. 10th?

I become really anxious now, waiting for an email, hope it will come. :)

Congrats for you all who have got the email from Lonnie!

Cumulative GPA 3.3

Congrats! i have almost same stats as urs.. do u also have work experience in pharmacy?

Congrats! i have almost same stats as urs.. do u also have work experience in pharmacy?

Thanks! I have volunteered at a Rite aid and VA hospital (Outpatient).

Anyone have any advice other than looking at the interview feedback section, that was helpful for the interview process??

OMG congrats everyone!!

I hope I get an interview invite too. :(

i got an interview as well.. good day..