OSU-COM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gym membership is included in tuition/fees for you spouse is 15/month. The equipment is nice and there are dumbells to 90lbs So it is better than hotel weightrooms. Also we have a smith machine for squats/bench

Members don't see this ad.

I have a similar question. I have seen the gym and it will be great for a run and such. But do you know of any places close by I could join for some classes?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a similar question. I have seen the gym and it will be great for a run and such. But do you know of any places close by I could join for some classes?

What kind of classes? There is a personal trainer available at the gym; also, some of my good friends' wives do Yoga and some other stuff at a few local places.

What kind of classes? There is a personal trainer available at the gym; also, some of my good friends' wives do Yoga and some other stuff at a few local places.

yah that kind of stuff... yoga, spinning, ballet barre

I was looking into ballet classes in town, and Tulsa Ballet has adult classes twice a week starting at 6:45pm and also on Saturdays at around 11am. I think they aren't too far from OSU either. :whistle:

Anyone know if OSU offers OMM as a standalone course for MD's? I'd like to know it, and OU doesn't offer it (as far as I know).

Anyone know if OSU offers OMM as a standalone course for MD's? I'd like to know it, and OU doesn't offer it (as far as I know).

You can take my spot in class ;) I kid, I kid

Well I don't know if they offer it concurrently or what, but I know that there is an Adjunct M.D. who came back in took the course over two years with a class of students in order to learn it. She has a cool testimony about OMT. In sum, she was in a serious car wreck and no matter the PT or meds, she could never get much better nor sleep well. After a year or so, she sought OMT from a current professor who was able to get her healed within 3 months. They became good friends and that's when she decided to learn OMT.

You can take my spot in class ;) I kid, I kid

You don't want to give that up! It is the most relaxing day of the week when you get worked on (especially by 2nd years who do the HVLA). 1st years have it on Wed which makes hump day much less worse.

Gym membership is included in tuition/fees for you spouse is 15/month. The equipment is nice and there are dumbells to 90lbs So it is better than hotel weightrooms. Also we have a smith machine for squats/bench

I cant remember now, but are there locker rooms and showers along with the gym?

yes showers and lockers for men, and women at the gym. also you will have a locker assigned that is just outside the gym that is your's for the year. The lockers in the gym are day use only.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hang in there Oklahoma! Deposits are due for different schools and people are having to make up their minds. Don't give up hope, your call might come any day now, you never know! :)

anyone else get a call today about applying to the dual degree program?

Any advice for those of us still on the wait list?

Make sure you call, if you haven't already, and see what is holding you up. Sometimes it grades, clinical experience, or they will just say sit tight. In that case, ask if there is anything you can do to improve. If they sit tight, then well, figure out things to improve yourself. Unless you have 100's of hours of clinical shadowing/experience, try to get some shadowing in.

Hang in there, around Mid May there will be movement.

anyone else get a call today about applying to the dual degree program?

Thats a good sign. The MBA program is awesome (I didn't take it but a lot who did said it was very useful).

i dont think she meant the do/mba though. she never said anything about it and the email she sent me only talked about ms and phd dual programs.
also, does anyone have any experience writing cover letters and research statements?

Last edited:
Just got the best b-day present ever....accepted in the bridge program............yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooo!!!!

Happy birthday and get ready to m

Sorry happy birthday and get ready to move July is just around the corner

thanks...yes I'm moving from VA so I have alot to do in these next few months not to mention my son doesnt finish school here until June 16th or 20th....but I'm sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!

Wow did you get the call on your birthday? Let's see someone else top that bday present! Congrats!

Yea I got accepted to the Bridge program too, but I denied the offer for a better place that fits me. So hopefully my spot goes to another deserving student. Congrats to everyone who got accepted :)

Last edited:
Wow did you get the call on your birthday? Let's see someone else top that bday present! Congrats!

Yes I got it on my b-day which was yesterday!!! Oh that is the best present ever!! and thank you mnoon1

thanks...yes I'm moving from VA so I have alot to do in these next few months not to mention my son doesnt finish school here until June 16th or 20th....but I'm sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!

That's cool, I'm from VA too. Congratulations.

Thanks everyone for the congrats...but I'm curious to know where are all the rest of the Bridge Students who were accepted??? Please come forth so we can get accquainted...:)

some of them were not aware of these forums; I only talked to one interviewing group and all but 1 were unaware of these forums.

Hello does anyone know of any decent places(apt, condo, townhomes, houses) for rent in/around broken arrow? 3bd/2bath under 1,000$ please let me know....Also for those with children or grew up in Tulsa area is the BA school district decent???

Jenks is the highest rated school district at the moment, but BA are great. Tulsa Union is good, but City of Tulsa public schools are horrid. Bixby and Sapulpa are up and comming. Owasso is another good area.

Does anyone know if they have called the DO/MS people yet? I sent in my research statement and cover letter two weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.

Its only a phone call away to find out. Give Sara a shout.

Out of school and so BORED...

anyone going to admitted student day in June?

anyone who went in February going/not going?

I'd love to meet you guys again and meet newly admitted students but idk, think I'd rather work that day

Out of school and so BORED...

anyone going to admitted student day in June?

anyone who went in February going/not going?

I'd love to meet you guys again and meet newly admitted students but idk, think I'd rather work that day

I'm not sure how to take this. It kind of sounds like, "I'd sure like to see you all, but I've been thinking about it and, wow, it sure might be more fun to scrub the toilet."

I meant that if all the same ppl will be there (whom i've already met) then its more beneficial to go to work and make $$$. the information provided will be the same so the only benefit to going will be to meet new ppl, ppl who we're going to meet in the fall anyways.

I meant that if all the same ppl will be there (whom i've already met) then its more beneficial to go to work and make $$$. the information provided will be the same so the only benefit to going will be to meet new ppl, ppl who we're going to meet in the fall anyways.

I went to the first one and I will be in Ireland for the second one!

just got the call from dr. stewart for the DO/ms program.
i'll see you guys on admitted student day :)

i know i'll get more info tomorrow in the mail, but since im doing the dual degree, does that mean i wont go to the white coat ceremony until next year?

Last edited:
just got the call from dr. stewart for the DO/ms program.
i'll see you guys on admitted student day :)

i know i'll get more info tomorrow in the mail, but since im doing the dual degree, does that mean i wont go to the white coat ceremony until next year?

Congratulations!!!!!!

Gave up my seat today. Good luck to all my fellows from the waitlist! :luck:

..and many thanks to Phlame for your work on this thread! :thumbup:

Gave up my seat today. Good luck to all my fellows from the waitlist! :luck:

..and many thanks to Phlame for your work on this thread! :thumbup:

No problem, Arkansas is a great school you will enjoy it there. Sorry to not have you at our school.

hey does anyone know anybody that commutes? at this point in time im looking at about a 1.5 hr round trip from cushing and i wanted to get others perspectives on it.

I know some people with 30 minute commutes, and one with 45. No one with an hour and a half.

It can be done but will be rough, between gas prices and classes starting between 8:00 and 9:00. Theres a lot of people that skip classes and only go sparsely because you can get a lot more done on your own time then by going to lecture, however some lecturers give bonus points and you obviously have to be there to attempt them.