*Ortho interviews 2007*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Stony Brook by snail mail! October 25th with a social the night before.

Members don't see this ad.

Dang hajinima, you sure are getting a lot of interview. Send some my way, will ya?!!

I am enviuously in awe. Congrats bro.

Has anyone heard if TUFTS, WASHINGTON HOSPITAL CENTER, BU, or MARQUETTE have given out interviews yet?

What are the pros and cons of Harvard and UCSF, I have interviews at both...

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard if TUFTS, WASHINGTON HOSPITAL CENTER, BU, or MARQUETTE have given out interviews yet?

What are the pros and cons of Harvard and UCSF, I have interviews at both...

people are getting 2 interviews at the same time and i have hard time getting one :(

i applied to all of those programs and have not heard anything yet either.

i applied to all of those programs and have not heard anything yet either.

I had trouble even figuring out how to apply. Called the program director, emailed, called other ppl, searched the website. Just got the run around until I gave up:mad:

people are getting 2 interviews at the same time and i have hard time getting one :(

Luckily I found this website, otherwise I'd have no idea what interviews I wasn't getting! :( Has anyone heard from Temple?

Heard from Temple on Sep. 25, Interview Nov. 2nd with social the night before on Nov. 1st, contacted via phone

I was wondering if those who have gotten interviews to ortho programs could post their stats (board scores and class rank and research) and the school that offered them the interview please. Thank you in advance

Alabama: Oct 17,18,19 (phone 9/18)
Arizona: Oct 1 (notified by email 9/14)
Buffalo: Oct.15th or 16th with a social the night before - by phone call.
California- Los Angeles: Oct 24 with a social the night before (notified by phone 9/12)
California- San Francisco: October 31, social the night before (phone 9/27)
Colorado: 10/12 (notified by email 9/22)
Columbia: Various times, no social, by phone
UConn (phone 10/3). Interview either Nov 5 or 6. Social the night before
Eastman, University of Rochester, received today 9/20 by phone
Harvard (via email 10/3): Interview two days long 10/30 and 10/31
Houston (via email today 10/4). Interviews on Nov 1 and 2, must be there the day prior at 4pm
Iowa: Sept 20-21 or Oct 18-19 (notified by email 8/31)
Illinois-Chicago: Oct 4, 5, 18, or 19, Nov 8 or 9 (notified by email 9/12 and 9/23)
Kentucky: interview date Nov. 7-8 (notified by email 9/28)
Loma Linda: October 28, (notified by phone 9/27)
U of Louisville Oct 22nd and 23rd. Residents are taking everyone bowling the night before (notified via phone 10/4)
LSU (email 10/5): Interview November 8 afternoon OR November 9 morning interview. No mention of a social.
Maryland: Oct 24, 31 or Nov 6 (notified by email 9/25)
Mayo Clinic: Dates vary individually (notified by phone 9/28)
Michigan: October 29 or 31 (phone 9/27)
Minnesota: Oct 24-25 (email 9/28)
Missouri-Kansas City: by email october 22nd social night on the 21st.
Missouri-SLU Oct 15,16,17,18 w/socials the night before (or after) by email today (10/2)
Montefiore: October 15 or 22nd, social the night before, by phone
University of Nebraska Medical Center: by phone Nov. 12 or 13 with social
New Jersey: Oct 26 or 29 (notified by email 9/24)
New York: NYU by phone OCT 12+13 ( two day interview )

Nova: Oct 1 or 8 (phone 9/18)- program contacted 9/21; not done giving out interview invites; sent out invites again on 10/3
Ohio State: 10/22 or 10/23, social the night before (notified by phone 9/23)
Oklahoma: Nov 2 or Nov 9 (notified by phone 8/27)

Oregon (email 10/5): Nov 1 or 7 social the night before
University of Pacific (email 10/5): October 23 social the night before
Penn: Pittsburg: Nov 5 (notified by phone 10/1)
Penn: UPENN: by email: October 8,10,15,17,22,24 no social night

St. Barnabas by email 10/4: interviews are Oct 30, 31.
San Antonio: Nov 5 or 6 (notified by phone 10/2)
South Carolina: 10/12 or 10/19 (notified by email 9/21)

Stony Brook (by snail mail! 10/6): Interview October 25th with a social the night before
Temple (by phone 9/25): Interview Nov 2 with a social the night before
Tennessee: Oct 15 (notified by email 9/24)
Texas: Baylor (10/2) by phone; One day interview: Oct. 29, 30 or 31.

Vanderbilt: Oct 12 (phone 9/17)
Virgina Commonwealth: by email, received (10/26), 2 day interview nov 8&9

University of Washington (via email 10/3); Interview October 22 with a social the night before.
West Virginia (notified via phone 10/4). Interview October 29 with a social the night before.

Don't worry if you didn't receive an interview invite even though the schools that you've applied to have already sent them out. All is not lost. Not everyone can make it to all of their interviews, and as they begin to cancel their invites, schools will keep moving down on their wait/alternate list. Last year I had three schools with overlapping interview dates....had to pick one and cancel the other two (it was a tough decision). Also, I remember getting some interview invites to schools with only a weeks notice.
Good luck everyone!

Has anyone heard from USC?

The ortho program just barely got the box of application last week. They wont be sending out invites until probably later this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry if you didn't receive an interview invite even though the schools that you've applied to have already sent them out. All is not lost. Not everyone can make it to all of their interviews, and as they begin to cancel their invites, schools will keep moving down on their wait/alternate list. Last year I had three schools with overlapping interview dates....had to pick one and cancel the other two (it was a tough decision). Also, I remember getting some interview invites to schools with only a weeks notice.
Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the great advise Jyaki. It's nice to know there is still hope for those of us that haven't gotten any invites yet. It makes the waiting period a little easier.

For those who despair, have faith.
While I didnt get in anywhere, I did get 2 interviews(only went to one, as i did not realize you had to be fluent in Spanish for the other one and it was in P.R.)
Part I: 81
Part II:80
GPA: 3.45
Research: was in some at that time, but nothing published
Was in GPR at that time
Had scores of non-dental extracurricular- the director of one program was really impressed with my ballet for some reason
So yeah, I know i was on a wing and a prayer, but I kind of just did it to see what would happen.
None yet this year, but maybe I'll practice up on my spanish!

has anybody heard from indiana?

case western by email. october 24 (afternoon) or 25 (morning). social the night before.

UdeM :D by email today. Interview on Novembre 7th.

LSU emailed today. November 8 afternoon interview, OR November 9 morning interview. No mention of a social.

There will be a common social for ALL interviewees on the evening of Nov 8th.
Good luck and look forward to seeing you...

Noone has heard from Tufts yet? I called yesterday and they said the "letters will be going out soon." Strange, since their application was due in August. Does anyone know when they will be interviewing (if I'm lucky enough to get one!)?:luck:

UdeM :D by email today. Interview on Novembre 7th.

Je comprends pas! J'ai appellé Francine Roy au secrétariat aujourd'hui et elle m'a dit qu'ils allaient poster les invitations d'ici une couple de semaines!!

Noone has heard from Tufts yet? I called yesterday and they said the "letters will be going out soon." Strange, since their application was due in August. Does anyone know when they will be interviewing (if I'm lucky enough to get one!)?:luck:

They usually interview the first week in November, and they are always the last/almost last interview invite sent out.

St. Louis emailed today, I guess they have decided to invite a few more!

Je comprends pas! J'ai appellé Francine Roy au secrétariat aujourd'hui et elle m'a dit qu'ils allaient poster les invitations d'ici une couple de semaines!!

Une minute! si je me trompe pas, Francine Jacques est retraitrée depuis le 1er Oct. Roy Johanne est en charge maintenant. Mais le reste est correct, j'ai appellé hier et on m a dit que il fallait attendre deux semaines. Une heure plus **** j'ai reçu l'email de convocation de Roy Johanne.
Peut-etre elle parlait de lettres officiels!

Bonne chance!

Une minute! si je me trompe pas, Francine Jacques est retraitrée depuis le 1er Oct. Roy Johanne est en charge maintenant. Mais le reste est correct, j'ai appellé hier et on m a dit que il fallait attendre deux semaines. Une heure plus **** j'ai reçu l'email de convocation de Roy Johanne.
Peut-etre elle parlait de lettres officiels!

Bonne chance!

Oui oui c'est ça Johanne Roy... Un peu mêlée la fille!

Does any one know when BU is going to interview

has anyone who has gone to interviews this year give any feedback? Like interview questions, what they liked about the program, etc? Thanks

Has anyone heard from Detroit Mercy or Maimonides?

BU
TUFTS
INDIANA
UNC
MARQUETTE
MAIMONIDES
WASH. HOSPITAL CENTER
DETROIT MERCY

?? any more ??

I emailed these 2 schools today:

University of Florida's interview: 11/5 or 11/6, interview invites mid-late october
USC: Invitations within next 2 weeks. Did not specify interview day.

*I heard through the grapevine that USC current residents received an evaluation sheet with a list of applicants...

I emailed these 2 schools today:

University of Florida's interview: 11/5 or 11/6, interview invites mid-late october
USC: Invitations within next 2 weeks. Did not specify interview day.

*I heard through the grapevine that USC current residents received an evaluation sheet with a list of applicants...

This occurs at most/many programs. Directors want to make sure incoming residents mesh well with current residents, and the best way to ensure this is to get feedback directly from current residents.

Anyone heard from Jacksonville?

I'm thrilled...I just heard from Washington Hospital Center (by phone)!!!

USC via email Oct 25 social night before, though the email was sent at 11:30pm kinda wierd

has anybody heard from indiana?

I'm from Indiana, and I heard from members of the department that interviews will be on Nov. 9th (not sure about a social). They will release invites soon--they had one meeting this week to look at applications, I believe.

Invitation via snail mail 10/12. Interview 11/1 and dinner with the residents the night before.

sorry for the dumb question, but what exactly is snail mail?

to find snail mail look in your mail box outside; as opposed to your email inbox.

I received an invitation at Tufts for 11/2 (snail mail also). It seems they have 2 interview dates, but already choose the one they want you to attend. Good luck!

Invitation via snail mail 10/12. Interview 11/1 and dinner with the residents the night before.

Accepted at Colorado, by phone call!! Official letter to come. Have until Oct.26th to respond. If I take it, need to drop out of Match. Sweet problem to have...:):cool:

Congrats on your acceptance! Where else did you get interviews?

Also - Marquette and Indiana have given out their interviews.

Thanks! I've interviewed (or will interview) in Iowa, South Carolina, Tennessee, Buffalo, St.Louis, St.Barnabas-NY

Has anyone been on any interviews yet? What types of questions are they asking?