Ortho 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i guess you turned down the non-match offer you got earlier?

Thanks for the info. That's how I understood it, just nice to hear from a third party. Dont know for sure that they wont rank me. Just rumors from a resident whos in pedo, so who knows... Ya, scary to pass up a program, but keeping fingers crossed for another program.... hoping it doesn't bite me in the butt!!!! ;-)

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't back when I interviewed, but I do think it's a nice touch. And now being on the resident end, I find that it sends a good message. Let me give you some advice though.... do it IMMEDIATELY after the interview (next day). Because some programs meet very quickly to discuss applicants, and you wouldn't want your thank you to arrive AFTER people have already put their thoughts down on paper.

I started doing it for the last two schools I interviewed, which I sent the email the day after or the night of the interview. I also went back and sent thank you emails to the other schools that I interviewed at like 3 weeks ago. I'm pretty sure that won't make a difference but it won't hurt.

Is it a good idea to apply for GPR programs as well as ortho. If things do not work out like you hope, should you wait until Match or go ahead and start applying for GPR programs before the MATCH. Also, do ortho programs have a way to see that you applied for GPR programs as well? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
does anyone know how much it the cost for the Ortho program at Columbia university? Are the last two years 40k each? :oops:

thanks

What time should we expect to here from match? It seems like it is earlier then the 12 EST that is posted on the match website. Does anyone know what time they sent out the results last year?

Best of luck to all the Ortho applicants this Wednesday!

Best of luck to all. And remember, if you don't match it isn't the end of the world. Many qualified candidates don't match the first time or even the second time around, but persistance usually pays off.

What time should we expect to here from match? It seems like it is earlier then the 12 EST that is posted on the match website. Does anyone know what time they sent out the results last year?

9:24 am EST. Here's what the e-mail looks like:

-----

Subject: Applicant 21###: Dental Match Result

To: OG1 - Applicant Code 21###

This message provides you with your Match result for Phase I of the
Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program for orthodontic residency
positions beginning in 2009.

Congratulations! You have been matched to:

Institution: *****

Program: ORTH-# YR

Program Code: ****

----

That's it.

Good luck!

9:24 am EST. Here's what the e-mail looks like:

-----

Subject: Applicant 21###: Dental Match Result

To: OG1 - Applicant Code 21###

This message provides you with your Match result for Phase I of the
Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program for orthodontic residency
positions beginning in 2009.

Congratulations! You have been matched to:

Institution: *****

Program: ORTH-# YR

Program Code: ****

----

That's it.

Good luck!

Thanks OG1 ! This waiting is tortuous, so any little tidbits about THE e-mail are much appreciated. Good luck everyone! (and try to get some sleep these next two nights!):luck::xf::luck::xf: