Ophthalmology's Lead is Shrinking (prev. Radiology is in our Rear-View Mirror)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Need a new avatar? Create a South Park character that looks just like you: http://images.southparkstudios.com/games/create/

Here's me as a resident. Note the "ER mullet" (scrub top worn with khakis). ;)

KentResidentSP.gif

Members don't see this ad.

trolling?

God.... I am truly starting to believe that women are made of all evil things put together into small packages. with an awesome outer wrapping. +pissed+

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm....

I got a bunch of avatars debating what to put on..

Lesse... leaning to this one... Violent enough

narutopownz4nr.gif

vs this one which is less violent...

fang.gif

20 days to go... 3 weeks from tonight it will all be over.

okay...more help for the internet challenged....how do you get the avatar off the page and onto the desktop???

I did a screen capture and then opened the resulting image in a graphics editing program and cropped it.

I can tell you exactly what to do if you have a Mac, but if you're using Windows, you're on your own.

I did a screen capture and then opened the resulting image in a graphics editing program and cropped it.

I can tell you exactly what to do if you have a Mac, but if you're using Windows, you're on your own.

Press Print Screen, then open MS Paint, crop and save :thumbup:

Thanks Kent.:thumbup:

I think we all have to give you a round of applause! :clap:

Just seeing that you have time to actually post on SDN means that you have a life and that FP is good! I just hope people keep straying away from it so it can be better for me and reimbursements will rise :laugh:

She needs simpler instructions...

Press Control + PrtScn

then click on start then all programs then accessories then paint.

Press control + V

Go to the corner and drag the corner diagonall to reduce the image dimensions until only the pasted image is there.

Flip the image horizontally and vertically and do the same (reduce the image dimensions till only the avatar is there).

(On a software like corel photoshop, you can simply crop after you paste.)

Members don't see this ad :)
She needs simpler instructions...

Press Control + PrtScn

then click on start then all programs then accessories then paint.

Press control + V

Go to the corner and drag the corner diagonall to reduce the image dimensions until only the pasted image is there.

Flip the image horizontally and vertically and do the same (reduce the image dimensions till only the avatar is there).

(On a software like corel photoshop, you can simply crop after you paste.)

Well, "she" actually has a Mac, naturally, so maybe she should get directions from one of her own people. ;)

Well, "she" actually has a Mac, naturally, so maybe she should get directions from one of her own people. ;)

Command-Shift-3 to capture the screen (the file appears on the Desktop). Open the file in Preview. Choose Tools/Select Tool from the menu. The cursor changes to crosshairs. Draw a box around the area you want to crop. Choose Tools/Crop (or press Command+K) to crop the selected area. Choose File/Save As and save the file as a GIF or JPG. Voila! :)

If you need to resize the photo to make it an avatar (150x150 pixels), you'll need something other than Preview. I use Graphic Converter ( http://www.lemkesoft.com/ ).

Traitor. I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
vader1.gif

Does my ultra cool new avatar make up for your disappointment in me?

I seriously can't believe the technical leap I just made. Thanks, Kent! (Granted, my software developer husband was sitting right next to me telling me how to use the file converter...but I'm still quite pleased with myself!)

Don't ask how it is that I am managing to hold the beer while in the straight jacket...I-just-am. It's a metaphor for my current state of being.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Very nice, Sophiejane! Levitating a pint whilst straitjacketed is no small feat. :)

I can't see Faebinder's picture, though. Must be some sort of Jedi mind trick. ;)

Angelfire is a bitchy website server, I redid it though i saw it the first time i posted it..

Thanks Kent.:thumbup:
Just seeing that you have time to actually post on SDN means that you have a life and that FP is good! I just hope people keep straying away from it so it can be better for me and reimbursements will rise :laugh:

Shh!

Kent is very atypical! Most FM docs work 65+ hours per week and make no where near $150K...

Nothing to see here...keep moving

Ya... stop that please... less people should go to FM.

I'm loving this :love:

I think we need to start a thread for the "Downfall of FM" and how salaries hover around $50k and PA's and NP's make more than FP's in the same office :scared:

I think we need to start a thread for the "Downfall of FM" and how salaries hover around $50k and PA's and NP's make more than FP's in the same office :scared:

I think there are a few threads like that already in the Clinicians Forum. ;)

My brother's wife's ex-husband's college buddy is a family doc who used to work only 60 hours a week. Because of steadily declining reimbursements, he had to start eating Kraft easy mac, then finally Top Ramen every night just to get by.

Finally, he had to start doing pedicures and dog grooming in the office on the weekends just to make ends meet. :eek:

I don't know why anyone would want to go into FM.

BTW, anyone know what board scores I need to get into a rocket surgery program?

My brother's wife's ex-husband's college buddy is a family doc who used to work only 60 hours a week. Because of steadily declining reimbursements, he had to start eating Kraft easy mac, then finally Top Ramen every night just to get by.

Finally, he had to start doing pedicures and dog grooming in the office on the weekends just to make ends meet. :eek:

I don't know why anyone would want to go into FM.

BTW, anyone know what board scores I need to get into a rocket surgery program?

ooooooh... I hope it's not higher than going into Underwater Surgery.

I'm loving this :love:

So this isn't the best time to mention all the ads for $160-180K starting salaries in the back of this month's AFP journal?

So this isn't the best time to mention all the ads for $160-180K starting salaries in the back of this month's AFP journal?

God Da** it Sophie... please ....

I would like to apologize on behalf of Sophie... all you medical students should just go internal medicine.... no even better... go surgery.

I was just browsing some FM job listings and thought I'd post a representative ad:

Sticks, AK: Dena'ina Health Clinic is seeking an MD or DO with family practice residency or equivalent primary care training to work with a team under the guidance and discretion of a faith healer. This position has nightly call and hospital responsibilities. Essential duties include manually disimpacting seasonal fishermen. Wage is $35,000 DOE. Sticks is surrounded by wrecking yards and spectacular land fills, and is famous for its yearly tire fire. It has a rich history of environmental exploitation and native subjugation. Sticks is located near BFE and "the middle of nowhere", and is easily accessible to Siberia, about 150 miles to the West. For more information, please visit us on the web at www.sticks.org/healthclinic/index.html. To apply, please contact Micah Rainbow-Moonbeam by phone at 907-283-xxxx, ext. 243 or by fax at 907-283-xxxx. Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified FMG/IMG applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Family Practice exploitation act. #29116

everything is easy on a mac,,,,

Are you posting drunk again? This doesn't make any sense.

18 more days to go.... It's too bad I don't drink.
crazy.gif
frust.gif

An 85 year old female comes to the office for a follow up visit post an anterior resection.

"Mrs McNickels, now that you have had that colon procedure you have to eat in small portions more often."

"Yes doctor, I already spoke with my son. I am having three hot meals delivered to me each day."

As transcribed....

"Yes doctor, I already spoke with my son. I am having three hot males delivered to me each day."
bm_harley.gif

Pay me and I'll do transcription for you and more accurately :D

You forgot to mention the one that offers a salary guarantee of $180k for the first two years plus your choice of either a sign-on bonus or paid student loans (it's in Wisconsin...too bad I can't apply just yet).

Ooops!

*Begin Ranting*

Frigging damn journals... I learned my lesson.... High impact factors = more readers = got money to process publications faster... I have these two publications that have been submitted+accepted for a year and 2 months now and we still didnt get the proofs! And yet I have this one publication in a really high impact factor journal, got accepted+publised and is up on pubmed in EIGHT MONTHS! I need a vacation after the match.

*End Ranting*

Faebinder...you need to make yourself a South Park avatar. That's some weird ****. ;)

Hmmm.. I guess I shouldn't bust out the bloody version of that avatar.

So....

Sophie is medicated...
nonono2.gif

Faebinder is isolated...
frust.gif

Kent is caffinated...
crazy.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
rofl.gif

12 days to go!!!!!
guybrushsweating_animated.gif

KENT!!! Look behind you!!! It's a THREE HEADED MONKEY!!!
threeheaded_animated.gif