Oklahoma State c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't know about you, but I've already learned the dance from fantastic beasts! Gotta stay ahead of the game, yo!
what is your success rate with it?

Members don't see this ad.

Forgot to submit my transcripts before going on vacation and had to pay my remainder bursar balance before submitting my transcripts. Whoops. I paid the balance and sent the transcripts, let's hope it gets in on time!

Edit: they said it'll take 5-10 business days but if it takes that long to go the one mile from the student union to the vet school, we'll have some issues

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Forgot to submit my transcripts before going on vacation and had to pay my remainder bursar balance before submitting my transcripts. Whoops. I paid the balance and sent the transcripts, let's hope it gets in on time!

Edit: they said it'll take 5-10 business days but if it takes that long to go the one mile from the student union to the vet school, we'll have some issues
Call if you have issues. Maybe the veterinary school can access your official course record through the computer system since it's all the same university?

Call if you have issues. Maybe the veterinary school can access your official course record through the computer system since it's all the same university?
Hopefully! I know they can access my unofficial transcript, but I'm not sure if they can do the official. I'm not too worried- I have plenty of time, I just wish they would send confirmation that the transcript arrived!

Does anyone know where we send our Fall semester transcripts to? I tried calling the office but no one answered.

Ok so we can email it to them instead of sending it by snail mail right? I got a confirmation from my undergrad saying it's been processed but nothing from ok state.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Ok so we can email it to them instead of sending it by snail mail right? I got a confirmation from my undergrad saying it's been processed but nothing from ok state.

They get so many applicants and transcripts that it isn't really feasible to email each student as they get them, however if you are concerned if yours is there or not, you can either call or email to ask and they will get back to you.

Reactions: 1 users

They downloaded mine today at 10:30 am est (my undergrad sends me an email whenever the recipient downloads my electronic transcript)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha after the current WW game... No way will I be doing that again

I think they're not usually AS confusing because they're not normally immunology. I've only played the noob game so far, but I've read some others and just reading them through they seem a bit less confusing than this current one

I meant it as more of a 'I get randomly competitive and am extremely talkative outside of class and am a good person to have on your team (I make great study Flashcards/ study snacks)'

Wooo! Less than a week! (Last year interview invites/ first round of OOS cuts actually came before Jan 30th. Hopefully the same trend happens. This is the last school I applied to, and I've been rejected by 4/5. Sooooo yeah. Go pokes.

So will we here something in a week or if that's only if we are rejected?

So will we here something in a week or if that's only if we are rejected?

You'll only hear if you're OOS rejected. If you're still in the running for OOS they wont send out anything until early March. IS finds out about interviews the 30th (not sure if you're IS/OOS, but I assume OOS?)

You'll only hear if you're OOS rejected. If you're still in the running for OOS they wont send out anything until early March. IS finds out about interviews the 30th (not sure if you're IS/OOS, but I assume OOS?)
IS gets interview invites on the 30th. So that's a rejection day for them too. OOS gets an email only if you're cut, but I bet that if you check SDN obsessively, you'll be able to see if an OOS gets a rejection.

They just told us they're doubling the number of OOS seats, too, so good luck guys!

Reactions: 5 users
IS gets interview invites on the 30th. So that's a rejection day for them too. OOS gets an email only if you're cut, but I bet that if you check SDN obsessively, you'll be able to see if an OOS gets a rejection.

Glad I checked this thread by the off-chance something would happen because I didn't realize their first round of cut offs for OS was here! Fingers crossed. This whole process takes entirely way too long :nailbiting:

Glad I checked this thread by the off-chance something would happen because I didn't realize their first round of cut offs for OS was here! Fingers crossed. This whole process takes entirely way too long :nailbiting:
I think it's only a cut if there is something wrong with your application, like missing a class, didn't take it at a 4 year university, things like that.

They just told us they're doubling the number of OOS seats, too, so good luck guys!
I know!! :D I've heard that! I am curious where they're gonna put the extra 24 seats though... The first year classroom is a little snug as it is, isn't it?

I know!! :D I've heard that! I am curious where they're gonna put the extra 24 seats though... The first year classroom is a little snug as it is, isn't it?
Oh yeah. No way it can hold that many people. No idea what they're going to do. They told us when we were applying that the new academic center would house the 3rd year classroom and the other 2 would just move up, but then they didn't have the budget for the classroom part.

Oh yeah. No way it can hold that many people. No idea what they're going to do. They told us when we were applying that the new academic center would house the 3rd year classroom and the other 2 would just move up, but then they didn't have the budget for the classroom part.
One thing that *could* work, is if they tear down the wall between the first year classroom and the near identical classroom directly north of it. They could then space them out and all, but I don't know how often that classroom gets used- I know we used that one in our honors class, but I'm not sure

So, they are actually doubling the OOS? It'll be 58 IS and 60 OSS? Or something else?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1467.PNG
    IMG_1467.PNG
    214.7 KB · Views: 86
The doubling refers to the old OOS seat number of 24. Total admissions will be 48 OOS and 58 IS.

Also, the email says that "the projected date for admitting the larger class size is Fall 2017," so the could change their minds if their plan falls through.

The doubling refers to the old OOS seat number of 24. Total admissions will be 48 OOS and 58 IS.

Also, the email says that "the projected date for admitting the larger class size is Fall 2017," so the could change their minds if their plan falls through.
Oh that would be the worst!

On the other hand, by the same wording, they really are planning on adding the extra OOS seats this semester.
I hope they do finish it. I'm not entirely sure how well it will work for the first couple years (are the labs actually large enough for 24 more people?)

I hope they do finish it. I'm not entirely sure how well it will work for the first couple years (are the labs actually large enough for 24 more people?)
Yesterday Dr. Ross told us they were adding 18 OOS students, but I've heard different numbers. One of the vet students mentioned there was talk about possibly adding a classroom onto the new building.

And IS interview invites went out this morning!

Yesterday Dr. Ross told us they were adding 18 OOS students, but I've heard different numbers. One of the vet students mentioned there was talk about possibly adding a classroom onto the new building.
It's 18. Used to be 24 OOS accepted, but then they added 6 seats to make 30 for class of 2019 or 2020. Now they're adding 18 seats for a total of 48 OOS, 24 higher than their old number.

Sorry to hear that :(. Better luck for your friend out-of-state or next year!
Yeah she's pretty bummed, but her cum GPA is like 2.9, and her last 45 is around there, so she wasn't terribly surprised.

She applied to 6 other OOS and was rejected from all as well.

No, labs aren't big enough, but we already get split in half for lots of labs, so I assume it will be something similar of splitting the group up and having different people go places at different times. I don't know what they will do in terms of anatomy or lectures though. Probably do 5 per canine cadaver instead of 4 people. But that would be like 10 people per horse. That would be awful.

No, labs aren't big enough, but we already get split in half for lots of labs, so I assume it will be something similar of splitting the group up and having different people go places at different times. I don't know what they will do in terms of anatomy or lectures though. Probably do 5 per canine cadaver instead of 4 people. But that would be like 10 people per horse. That would be awful.
Honestly even the five a canine cadaver feels like a lot depending on the size of the dog. Then again I was always used to smaller dissection classes in undergrad.

I think the larger class size will be a clusterF without larger facilities, but hey.

Honestly even the five a canine cadaver feels like a lot depending on the size of the dog. Then again I was always used to smaller dissection classes in undergrad.

We had four, but one person was always rotating out of lab for a day to do bones, radiographs, etc. so really it was three which was perfect!

Yeah that's gonna be tight. Because that change is going to trickle up too. Just going off what I know, but aren't 4th year clinicals sometimes difficult to get into? I wonder how it'll change with 18 more students..

aren't 4th year clinicals sometimes difficult to get into?
I haven't heard any major complaints about that from my classmates, but we're also a smaller class (currently 79). There are always some electives that can't take everyone (ophthalmology and cardiology come to mind), but most people get at least some of what they want.

And IS interview invites went out this morning!

Ah, ok. I got a bit hung up on the "doubling" possibility. Doubling of what exactly? Seems to me they have wanted to increase the OOS seats and they increased from 24-30 as a sort of trial and now they are increasing for real, but that's just pure speculation.

Also, got my IS interview invite! Cheers to possibly getting cozy next fall!

Reactions: 5 users
Ah, ok. I got a bit hung up on the "doubling" possibility. Doubling of what exactly? Seems to me they have wanted to increase the OOS seats and they increased from 24-30 as a sort of trial and now they are increasing for real, but that's just pure speculation.

Also, got my IS interview invite! Cheers to possibly getting cozy next fall!
Woo! Cheers apopken! I haven't been rejected yet either (OOS) so it's a good day!