Okay. I'm finally ready to say it.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Page 3

And to reel in the sidebar threadjack to where and how narcissism was brought up....it started with ones inability to control the stress stimuli of the surrounding which if one has NPD they can? Not sure how they're even remotely related.

Members don't see this ad.

Page 3

And to reel in the sidebar threadjack to where and how narcissism was brought up....it started with ones inability to control the stress stimuli of the surrounding which if one has NPD they can? Not sure how they're even remotely related.

There ya go. rakin' the muck :p

]

I've had 3 pharmacy bosses who I'm sure had APD. All of them were That Person Who's Impossible To Fire Because The Upper Management Loves Them.

One in particular has a very lengthy history of walking off jobs without giving notice, or signing up to do relief work and being a no-call no-show (and still managed to get rehired anyway).

Another had his own store back in the 1970s, and he claimed to me that it closed because he was undercut by the competition, but a pharmacist who did relief work for him when he owned yet another business (and all 3 paychecks she got from him bounced) told me that the REAL reason was because everyone in that small town knew that he beat his wife up all the time. I believe it, too. Working with him was such a horrible experience, I briefly considered surrendering my license. It quickly became apparent to me why he had his own businesses for most of his career: He can't get along with people and blames it on THEM, not him.

As for the third, let's just say that when it was announced at the local pharmacy association meeting that she had been in a near-fatal auto accident, the room roared with laughter and nobody signed her get-well card. She later called a TV station to do a really sappy piece about the accident and her recovery, and the reporter's e-mail box crashed because she (the reporter) got so much feedback from people who let the reporter know what she was really like.

The president of the class behind me, who was elected class president because he ran unopposed, had to go work in his pharmacist father's business because he was such an unpleasant person, and I'm pretty sure he had at least one of these disorders. He totally came across to me as the type who would eventually find a woman stupid or naive enough to marry him and have a few children with him, and then he would tire of the whole responsibility thing and, instead of getting a divorce, would kill them and maybe blame it on a non-white intruder, KWIM?

p.s. And check out the thread I started about the pharmacist in Des Moines who was likely responsible for 700,000 missing hydrocodone tablets. People who steal from their employers or commit insurance fraud would likely fall under that category too.

:laugh: Good luck with the orange apron, rph, as long as youre truly happy is all that matters...but read your post above...have you ever considered a career with TMZ?...I really think its your calling. Don't underestimate your talent...look at your protege below. That man is the epitome of a "man's man" with his swearin', meat-eatin, women leering, sport-loving ways who is always fixin a car if he ain't fishin or doin a home repair or whatever (fill blank w/something extra manly)....YET, you've rubbed off and reduced him to a cacklin hen, gossiping about his new town folk and all....:smuggrin:

But he ran out of money I can tell. He never got around to landscape.

I really need to hook up with the previous owner but the rumor is through his financial woes his wife left him.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmmmm....maybe I should pick his wife's brain...

Dude. Or lady. I don't think you're crazy. I'm just saying... The person you work with just sounds like an *******. There is always one. If he is targeting you, though, maybe you should bring it up to management. It sounds like he's making your workplace hostile and that isn't cool...whether he's a true narcissist or not.
It was a hostile workplace, but I wasn't gonna quit because of it. :nono:
He was eventually fired. You know, I work alone most of the time, so turning him in would have been his word against mine, which sucks, and I think the worst part was that he was a manager!

It wasn't until I feared him that I really gave much of a thought to the situation. (He had slammed the cooler wall and made some of our plaques fly off the wall shortly after I had said that I was buying a house, to which I believe he was jealous about because he was living out of his car.)

Page 3

They can alright!

Okay... The blog has straightforward info in layman's terms, which I thought would be helpful. Obviously not to y'all.

But if you insist, here you go:
"Attention seeking: Excessive attempts to attract and be the focus of the attention of others; admiration seeking." - ninth and tenth pages down. Attention seeking and admiration are joined by a semi colon, indicating that they're independent clauses.

In chapter six of Malignant Self Love, Sam Vaknin PhD talks about how "The Primary Narcissistic Supply is attention, in both its public forms (fame, notoriety, infamy, celebrity) and its private, interpersonal forms (adoration, adulation, applause, fear, repulsion). It is important to understand that attention of any kind - positive or negative - Primary Narcissistic Supply. Infamy is as sought after as fame, being notorious is as being renowned."

Good read btw...

I got to use my pharmacy knowledge today! (sort of). A man wanted to know what he should use for a rose bush with blight, which is a fungal disease. We looked at the pesticides, etc. and then I saw something that looked appropriate and took it off the shelf. Sure enough, it included terconazole and yes, I spilled the beans; I told him that I was a pharmacist on hiatus, and he asked me if he could also use it on his athlete's foot. :idea: :laugh: I told him that this would probably not be a good idea.

Good read btw...
Yeah. He's pretty thorough. :thumbup::thumbup: The concept of the False Self blows me away.
I got to use my pharmacy knowledge today! (sort of). A man wanted to know what he should use for a rose bush with blight, which is a fungal disease. We looked at the pesticides, etc. and then I saw something that looked appropriate and took it off the shelf. Sure enough, it included terconazole and yes, I spilled the beans; I told him that I was a pharmacist on hiatus, and he asked me if he could also use it on his athlete's foot. :idea: :laugh: I told him that this would probably not be a good idea.
That's adorable. :)

You know what's another interesting product? Imidacloprid. It's used on plants and cats and dogs. The brand name for pets is Advantage. When used as a pesticide, imidacloprid has been blamed for the death of beneficial bees and worms, though. It can kill a variety of invertebrates, not just fleas.

We have veterinary pharmacy why not botany pharmacy?
Hmmmm...

Yeah. He's pretty thorough. :thumbup::thumbup: The concept of the False Self blows me away.
That's adorable. :)

You know what's another interesting product? Imidacloprid. It's used on plants and cats and dogs. The brand name for pets is Advantage. When used as a pesticide, imidacloprid has been blamed for the death of beneficial bees and worms, though. It can kill a variety of invertebrates, not just fleas.

Hmmmm...

I don't like Roundup either. Some plant species are becoming resistant to it, and there's a product in the pipeline that's even stronger, and it's currently known as Ignite.

I also wonder if this imidacloprid might play a role in bee colony collapse disorder?

I applaud your choice of getting out. I think there are folks stuck in a profession they can barely tolerate but can't take the next step to ease out.

I'm reminded of a pharmacist blogger (who I hope has done it) who wanted to be a personal trainer. If the money is the prob, they could do PRN or parttime work in pharmacy and train on the side. SInce I heard personal trainers leave their profession due to lack of money. Oh the choices we could all make!

I know a couple of pharmacists who do real estate on the side and don't do pharmacy full time anymore

Yesterday evening, I went to a meetup and discovered that one of the people there is a former CVS tech (she still does relief work once in a while for extra money) and another's daughter just graduated from my alma mater. She's going to float for Walgreens when she gets her license, and I refrained from telling her that her daughter is going to regret THAT decision. :(

And also yesterday, one of my Facebook friends, who was in my Girl Scout troop and now is a tech for Walgreens, posted from her Smartphone that she couldn't wait to get off work because she's sick and tired of selling PSE to likely meth heads. I replied that working outdoors in 90-degree plus heat, which I will be doing this weekend, doesn't sound so bad now. This woman, BTW, got an RN in the early 1990s while also raising 3 kids, and practiced for only a few months. She just couldn't handle it.

And also yesterday, one of my Facebook friends, who was in my Girl Scout troop and now is a tech for Walgreens, posted from her Smartphone that she couldn't wait to get off work because she's sick and tired of selling PSE to likely meth heads.

...and I'm tired of pharmacy staff thinking I'm a meth head when I get my monthly PSE fix for horrible allergies. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
...and I'm tired of pharmacy staff thinking I'm a meth head when I get my monthly PSE fix for horrible allergies. :laugh:

One of the pharmacists at my last (final?) job, who is married to another pharmacist, had the Feds knocking on their door because they were regularly purchasing pseudoephedrine for her allergies! :eek: They knew the Feds were just doing their job, but it really freaked them out.

And also yesterday, one of my Facebook friends, who was in my Girl Scout troop and now is a tech for Walgreens, posted from her Smartphone that she couldn't wait to get off work because she's sick and tired of selling PSE to likely meth heads.
I was told by my local sheriff's department that if any potential PSE sale is "suspicious" to report it, and let's just say, the PSE traffic has slowed down. Maybe she should start reporting "suspicious" activity, too? It's a start.

I just found out that my old job is still open. This makes me wonder if they're even interviewing people, because you know they've gotten applications. :confused: Not my problem, I know.

I just found out that my old job is still open. This makes me wonder if they're even interviewing people, because you know they've gotten applications. :confused: Not my problem, I know.
That's just how you are and what you do... you know... you think about your old job... this time and last time. :p

BTW, yes, the bee crisis is supposedly due to imidacloprid poisoning/run off.

When I got home this afternoon, there was a message on my answering machine from an agency, with a possible maternity leave job at a nearby hospital. Maybe I won't be able to write this off just yet! I did leave a message, and they should get back to me tomorrow.

If nothing else, it will be a nice cash infusion.

:cool:

"Nearby" in this case was defined as 4 hours away. I declined.

"Nearby" in this case was defined as 4 hours away. I declined.

LOL. Don't you love it when they say that it's nearby... I wonder what happens when they say it's "manageable driving distance?" 20 hours away? :laugh:

When I got home this afternoon, there was a message on my answering machine from an agency, with a possible maternity leave job at a nearby hospital. Maybe I won't be able to write this off just yet! I did leave a message, and they should get back to me tomorrow.

If nothing else, it will be a nice cash infusion.

:cool:

You are an odd little person. So you start this thread giving us all the impression you made this big altruistic desicion to get out of pharmacy because it was not what you wanted to do.

Then you post this. So what is it? You are getting out because you don't like it any more or you have been forced out because you cannot find a job?

You are an odd little person. So you start this thread giving us all the impression you made this big altruistic desicion to get out of pharmacy because it was not what you wanted to do.

Then you post this. So what is it? You are getting out because you don't like it any more or you have been forced out because you cannot find a job?

LOL...what I don't get about this person is that she is getting out of pharmacy b/c it's too "stressful" for her...

SO I ask her "what job do you think is NOT stressful at all and is easy/relaxing?" If you have something in mind please tell me as I would LOVE a stress free job myself.

She couldn't list anything....so I am confused....if stress is what you are scare of then you better hope you win the big lotto or get Bill Gates to adopt you LOL.....that's pretty much the only ways you can get a stress free live.

I always find it odd when someone tells me they are quitting their job b/c it's too hard and stressful...

My question is WHAT JOB doesn't have stress? Someone please answer that. I mean there are plenty of GOOD reasons to quit a job like:
*I won the lottery.
*I found a new job that paids better.
*I found a new job that I am more interested in.
*I found a new job that offers more hours.
*I found a new job that offers less hours.
*I found a new job that is more flexible.
*My boss is sexually harassing me.
*My boss is an *******.
*I am moving to another state.
*I married a rich husband.
*I have kids now.
*etc. etc.

My job has stress is just not a good reason to quit your job as all other jobs also have stress...you can't avoid it EVER.

I wonder what her next job will be....if she ends up quitting everytime she feels stressed or tired then she will NEVER have a job.

Last edited:

I guess you could say I'm on a leave of absence. I'm going to stay licensed and leave the door open should I one day change my mind regarding permanent employment. People change careers all the time, and often leave their options open in this manner.

I always find it odd when someone tells me they are quitting their job b/c it's too hard and stressful.

I already said that the last job was literally killing me, and I hope you never have a similar experience.

The number of people who have told me in the ensuing 3 months that they have had a similar experience has blown me away. It happens more than most people realize.

I told the fix-it guy at my previous home, which was a rental property, what had happened and why I was leaving town, and he told me that he left a $90,000 a year job doing maintenance for a big industrial complex, a job that also required a lot of travel, after his 3rd heart attack. He said, "How am I supposed to support my children?" and the doctor replied, "You can't support your children if you're dead."

Good point.

Ever seen that NatGeo show "Amish: Out Of Order"? The main person on that show had a construction company, and got out of that after his 4th episode of heat stroke, also at the urging of his doctor.

And a woman at a craft group I belonged to told me about a job she thought she loved, a very interesting job at a police department that also paid quite well, and had attributed the constant headaches to her collapsing marriage. She left that job to finish her degree, and guess what? The headaches instantly went away.

I already said that the last job was literally killing me, and I hope you never have a similar experience.

The number of people who have told me in the ensuing 3 months that they have had a similar experience has blown me away. It happens more than most people realize.

I told the fix-it guy at my previous home, which was a rental property, what had happened and why I was leaving town, and he told me that he left a $90,000 a year job doing maintenance for a big industrial complex, a job that also required a lot of travel, after his 3rd heart attack. He said, "How am I supposed to support my children?" and the doctor replied, "You can't support your children if you're dead."

Good point.

Ever seen that NatGeo show "Amish: Out Of Order"? The main person on that show had a construction company, and got out of that after his 4th episode of heat stroke, also at the urging of his doctor.

And a woman at a craft group I belonged to told me about a job she thought she loved, a very interesting job at a police department that also paid quite well, and had attributed the constant headaches to her collapsing marriage. She left that job to finish her degree, and guess what? The headaches instantly went away.

I still believe that our environment and all of its factors can make us really healthy or it can make us really sick. Environmental health is such a fascinating subject... :D

You epitomize the phrase "misery loves company."

You dwell on and seek out others who fail/bog out of their career. You try to justify your failure by providing examples of people who can't heck it.

Can you provide examples of successful pharmacists for these students look up to and motivated by instead of labeling them as big bad bullies?

Good point.

Good point.

I have worked as a waitress, as a dental tech and a pharm tech...and YES, it's very stressful and very tiring!!! :(

And if I get to choose between NOT working or working I would choose NOT working! :laugh: I totally understand what you mean....trust me I understand it...we all understand it...working sucks so BAD!

But when I think about how much I need money....I force myself to continue...I think we ALL feel you here....at times I wanted to quit...especially as a Walgreen's pharm tech...it's very high stress...but I still push myself b/c I needed the money.

I wish you the best of luck in your job findings.

Have you looking into working for an insurance company?

My first rotation is at a PBM place with an insurance company and the preceptor has a very relaxing job...although the job is very hard to get though....

I still believe that our environment and all of its factors can make us really healthy or it can make us really sick. Environmental health is such a fascinating subject... :D

I think it's more about the INDIVIDUAL than the environment. Some people thrive under the most adverse of circumstances. Others complain and wither no matter where they are. Life is what you make it. The biggest determinant of your success is you.

I think it's more about the INDIVIDUAL than the environment. Some people thrive under the most adverse of circumstances. Others complain and wither no matter where they are. Life is what you make it. The biggest determinant of your success is you.

True... however, I was referring to the public health branch of environmental health/toxicology. I see many people succumbing to chronic diseases and illnesses all because of where and how they were raised, lived, or worked (think OSHA). It's definitely a fascinating subject! :)

Quit the bitching and be happy you have a job that pays you 6 figures. What is so stressful about our profession. I remember working for CVS and bitching also about this and that, but in hindsight, it wasnt all that bad. No body was doing anything bad to me. Yes, the quotas were there, numbers were important, but i got paid good money. What I realized was that it was my innermost feelings and personality that made the job stressful. I told myself this job sucks. Make the best of it. No one cares about your hardship at work. At least I don't and neither will your next employer. So just suck it up and enjoy the ride.

Off to work...:)

Quit the bitching and be happy you have a job that pays you 6 figures. What is so stressful about our profession. I remember working for CVS and bitching also about this and that, but in hindsight, it wasnt all that bad. No body was doing anything bad to me. Yes, the quotas were there, numbers were important, but i got paid good money. What I realized was that it was my innermost feelings and personality that made the job stressful. I told myself this job sucks. Make the best of it. No one cares about your hardship at work. At least I don't and neither will your next employer. So just suck it up and enjoy the ride.

So now that you are the employer it doesn't seem so bad anymore? ;):lol:

I am just kidding around, I am sure you are a great boss. :thumbup:

You don't need to prove your circumstances to anyone. Like you said, that's your story and you should stick to it. Anyone who thinks differently, and isn't being helpful or supportive, f***'em. lol That's my story, and I'm also sticking to it. I had a panic attack in pharm school, my mom died very early (in part I think due to a high stress lifestyle), and how I go about living my life is different from the next person.

The same people telling you how work sucks blah blah blah, might be the same people going home and getting foot massages from their husband, spending time with their kids, may have a maid whatever. Everyone lives their life differently, circumstances are different, but people usually do things that work for them. I hope you do that too, and don't be a people pleaser. It only makes life more difficult. Best of luck.

Our profession is stressful because as a pharmacist, you will never, ever be able to adequately do your job. The standards are set so high that working off the clock is the only way to conceivably get everything done. If someone is happy with just getting the minimum done, then pharmacy is nothing terrible, but if someone is the type that wants to be able to "get it all done", then pharmacy will totally and completely suck.

If this doesn't convey that idea, then I don't know what will...
I just found out that my grandfather has "incurable cancer", and it's less stressful to think about than how my store will survive after this next technician leaves. At least I can look back and think about how fortunate my family and I have been for my grandfather having made it this far, but looking forward in chain pharmacy (or healthcare for that matter) is like being the cow that's circling the slaughterhouse.
With no "light at the end of the tunnel", what's the point?

Honestly, I try not to allow things at work to deteriorate in the first place. I do so by picking up more and more slack whenever possible. It may just be my personality type, or whatever, but if the future does in fact look bleak, then I'm out - money or no money.

Sooooo... it's not always as simple as sucking it up and enjoying the ride. Sometimes it is that bad.

Our profession is stressful because as a pharmacist, you will never, ever be able to adequately do your job. The standards are set so high that working off the clock is the only way to conceivably get everything done. If someone is happy with just getting the minimum done, then pharmacy is nothing terrible, but if someone is the type that wants to be able to "get it all done", then pharmacy will totally and completely suck.

I just found out that my grandfather has "incurable cancer", and it's less stressful to think about than how my store will survive after this next technician leaves. At least I can look back and think about how fortunate my family and I have been for my grandfather having made it this far, but looking forward in chain pharmacy (or healthcare for that matter) is like being the cow that's circling the slaughterhouse.

Honestly, I try not to allow things at work to deteriorate in the first place. I do so by picking up more and more slack whenever possible. It may just be my personality type, or whatever, but if the future does in fact look bleak, then I'm out - money or no money.

Sooooo... it's not always as simple as sucking it up and enjoying the ride. Sometimes it is that bad.

It has its moments when it gets very stressful, but if you have team members who are able to make jokes out of anything, like even the smallest thing as asking people when they want their meds and joking to where only you and your team members hear yourselves mocking people, it can make the long, stressful days more bearable. I love my team at my store and the fact that even in the stressful moments, everyone has a positive attitude and we still do our best to help people. I think about the times when I have been stressed out and I feel it's mainly on myself with the thinking that 'I have to get this done' and even 'I don't want the next shift to think I didn't do anything'. You have to come to the realization that you can only do so much and that as long as you're trying to do your best to meet expectations, that's all that matters.

Now, the future is what it is, even if we don't know what it will bring. All I know is I'm just trying to pay these loans back in the event the worst happens.

Its all what you make of it. You work for a corporation paying you 6 figures. 6 figures is A lot of dough. You chose the profession and if chain pharmacy literally makes your life miserable, then quit and find something else to do. I do not know what else to say. Perhaps lowering salaries to half and still have the work load you have will make some of you realize how good we have it. If you dont want to go out on your own, or chose the hospital route and you stay in the corporate world, then you need to suck it up and just go with it. It is job security and 6 figures. What else are you going to do? There really is no where else to go.

And Im sorry about your grandfather.

Its all what you make of it. You work for a corporation paying you 6 figures. 6 figures is A lot of dough. You chose the profession and if chain pharmacy literally makes your life miserable, then quit and find something else to do. I do not know what else to say. Perhaps lowering salaries to half and still have the work load you have will make some of you realize how good we have it. If you dont want to go out on your own, or chose the hospital route and you stay in the corporate world, then you need to suck it up and just go with it. It is job security and 6 figures. What else are you going to do? There really is no where else to go.

Actually there is one more place to go...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I67ky0NPw8k&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

It has its moments when it gets very stressful, but if you have team members who are able to make jokes out of anything, like even the smallest thing as asking people when they want their meds and joking to where only you and your team members hear yourselves mocking people, it can make the long, stressful days more bearable. I love my team at my store and the fact that even in the stressful moments, everyone has a positive attitude and we still do our best to help people. I think about the times when I have been stressed out and I feel it's mainly on myself with the thinking that 'I have to get this done' and even 'I don't want the next shift to think I didn't do anything'. You have to come to the realization that you can only do so much and that as long as you're trying to do your best to meet expectations, that's all that matters.
Sure... we can only do so much. Some people can live with that and some people can't.

Now what's hard for me to tolerate and probably the most stressful part of my job as an overnight pharmacist is the way that customers act whenever I can't wait on them promptly. The sighing, rolling their eyes, honking the horn, waving me down, fighting over who was first in line, and the physical/mental abuse is pretty bad. At least if they act crappy over the phone, I can always hang up... but they'll probably call back and start more crap again or come in the store and get in my face about it.

The reason that customers act like this is because of the budget constraints, which I have no control over, so I'm looking elsewhere. Since I can't split myself 3 different ways, I feel like I can't possibly do my job... which brings me back to
Our profession is stressful because as a pharmacist, you will never, ever be able to adequately do your job.
Now, the future is what it is, even if we don't know what it will bring. All I know is I'm just trying to pay these loans back in the event the worst happens.
True. I'm going back and forth in my mind as to what is more important, a guaranteed paycheck with the option of overtime every spring and summer or my safety, personal development, and the ability to move up past the district office.

Well... lowering salaries to half doesn't change the job. It just changes the pay.
Chain pharmacy does not make my life miserable; I like the job. It now threatens my life, though, which is what I have a problem with, and if I could say more about that aspect on SDN, other than saying that the police are called into my store at night at least once a week, I would. A handful of things have happened recently that I'm not comfortable with...

Thank you.

Actually there is one more place to go...
:p

It now threatens my life, though, which is what I have a problem with, and if I could say more about that aspect on SDN, other than saying that the police are called into my store at night at least once a week, I would. A handful of things have happened recently that I'm not comfortable with...

Thank you.

Is it the store location, or that you get so many forged prescriptions? Yeah, that's a scary thing.

Is it the store location, or that you get so many forged prescriptions? Yeah, that's a scary thing.
Forged scripts were so last year! Now, it's outright crime- that's escalating.

Do you work in the ghetto? I work graveyard in upper middle class neighborhood where average homes here is around $900k for a 3 bedroom. I've not gotten robbed for almost 4 years I worked...

Do you work in the ghetto? I work graveyard in upper middle class neighborhood where average homes here is around $900k for a 3 bedroom. I've not gotten robbed for almost 4 years I worked...
It's not really in the ghetto, more like a lower-middle class area overall. I haven't gotten robbed either, but the crime on the property is trending for the worse, and the company is doing nothing to make it safer. In fact, they're making it worse with budget cuts and restructuring. I understand that it's busy during the day and the staffing needs to be allocated for that, but at the same time, I can't work in a ghost town.

I have no complaints about the local law enforcement. They've been great, and the response time is like 3 minutes. But someone has to be available to call them in the first place!

Sure... we can only do so much. Some people can live with that and some people can't.

Now what's hard for me to tolerate and probably the most stressful part of my job as an overnight pharmacist is the way that customers act whenever I can't wait on them promptly. The sighing, rolling their eyes, honking the horn, waving me down, fighting over who was first in line, and the physical/mental abuse is pretty bad. At least if they act crappy over the phone, I can always hang up... but they'll probably call back and start more crap again or come in the store and get in my face about it.

The reason that customers act like this is because of the budget constraints, which I have no control over, so I'm looking elsewhere. Since I can't split myself 3 different ways, I feel like I can't possibly do my job... which brings me back to True. I'm going back and forth in my mind as to what is more important, a guaranteed paycheck with the option of overtime every spring and summer or my safety, personal development, and the ability to move up past the district office.

Well... lowering salaries to half doesn't change the job. It just changes the pay.
Chain pharmacy does not make my life miserable; I like the job. It now threatens my life, though, which is what I have a problem with, and if I could say more about that aspect on SDN, other than saying that the police are called into my store at night at least once a week, I would. A handful of things have happened recently that I'm not comfortable with...

Thank you.

Ohhhhhhh...yo work in da ghetto!!! That changes everything. In that case, safety first!

Must have been a crappy chiropractor, guys I know are seeing at least 100+ patients/wk, which is about 4-5k a week, and even if overhead was 50% (usually runs 35-40% since there is no high dollar variable costs like dentists, etc have with materials for each patient) that would be 2-2.5k/wk net, I don't know any MT s making that dough. BUT, in defense of what you said, there seem to be only two types of people in chiropractic, great successes and failures, so it seems like people either make it big or they struggle and are out of the field after 5-7 years; maybe he was in the latter group.

Jumping in this discussion pretty late. My best friend was a licensed massage therapist. He used to work for a chiropractor who showed him the ropes. Eventually, the chiropractor got so disillusioned with his field that he left his practice to join his dad's construction business. Last my friend heard, he's out there building houses and doing renos. My friend is now going back to school to become an RN.

I just got home from church, the same one I attended when I lived in this city previously. I told a woman I hadn't seen since I returned, who is a physical therapist, what was going on with me career-wise, and she understood completely, as did another woman standing nearby who just got her master's degree in nursing administration.

Definitely true. My buddy does this on wallstreet, works 80h/wk, and says he absolutely has to get out before he hits 30.

Here's an excellent, and tragic, example. If you look at the lists of 9/11 casualties, check out how young the Cantor Fitzgerald victims were, on average. The CEO was barely 40 himself.

I just got home from church, the same one I attended when I lived in this city previously. I told a woman I hadn't seen since I returned, who is a physical therapist, what was going on with me career-wise, and she understood completely, as did another woman standing nearby who just got her master's degree in nursing administration.

congrats on the garden gig. :love:

Update: As time goes by, the support for my decision has snowballed, especially from other pharmacists and technicians. Not one person in the know has criticized me on any level.

This career chose me, and I chose to leave it when its time was up. Most of the time in between was incredibly rewarding. :)

Update: As time goes by, the support for my decision has snowballed, especially from other pharmacists and technicians. Not one person in the know has criticized me on any level.

This career chose me, and I chose to leave it when its time was up. Most of the time in between was incredibly rewarding. :)

They haven't criticized you to your face. Its called being polite. As I have said before you are a strange little person. You seem more concerned that everyone else is happy with your decision. You do not seem to be happy with it. As evidenced by your random posts where you get all happy that you have a job possibility then when it falls through you are back trying to convice everyone you are happy working a $8 an hour job when you could be making over $50.

Still jacking other people's threads, I see, Its Z. This thread is NOT about you, you narcissistic a-hole.

To the OP: I'm happy for you! Good luck in your future endeavors! You definitely made the right decision for you ;)