Ohio State c/o 2027 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS rejection. Best of luck to everyone interviewing, you've got this!! šŸ˜Š

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I got my IS interview invite this morning, still mentally processing it 5hrs later.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
For those who got an interview, could i ask what your gpa was?
I received an OOS interview invite! My cumulative GPA was a 3.86 & my Science GPA / Pre-Req GPA was a 3.85.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS interview invite!! This is my 4th application cycle, really hope this is my year šŸ€

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
3.68 overall and 3.45 science!
do you have a lot of vet hours? or what do you think made u application stand out if you donā€™t mind sharing! I had similar stats but i am an interview alternate.

do you have a lot of vet hours? or what do you think made u application stand out if you donā€™t mind sharing! I had similar stats but i am an interview alternate.
I have about 6,000 hours! Most from a mixed animal practice, some at a small animal only, and some at a mobile clinic.

I think a few things made me stand out, I have a diversity, equity, and inclusion internship. I do a lot of volunteer work with people from disadvantaged communities (foster kids, kids with disabilities, low income college students, and I did community-based HIV research) and I talked about wanting to diversify the vet profession in my professional statement.

Iā€™m also a first generation college student and I experienced a homeless situation for a few years, which I talked about overcoming in my personal and explanation statement and I think that is unique.

• Care
I have about 6,000 hours! Most from a mixed animal practice, some at a small animal only, and some at a mobile clinic.

I think a few things made me stand out, I have a diversity, equity, and inclusion internship. I do a lot of volunteer work with people from disadvantaged communities (foster kids, kids with disabilities, low income college students, and I did community-based HIV research) and I talked about wanting to diversify the vet profession in my professional statement.

Iā€™m also a first generation college student and I experienced a homeless situation for a few years, which I talked about overcoming in my personal and explanation statement and I think that is unique.
thank you so much for that! You sound like an amazing person who will make a great vet:) congratulations on the interview and thank you again!

• Care
cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.7
Lots of unique & diverse experience & researches.
Ohio was my "I won't even get in" school but thankfully I made it to interview šŸ˜­

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
thank you so much for that! You sound like an amazing person who will make a great vet:) congratulations on the interview and thank you again!
Youā€™re welcome! Thank you for your kind words!! Iā€™m sure you are more than qualified as well :) good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Interview!!! I am elated! Iā€™ve received two rejections so far so this was unexpected and needed! 3.84 overall GPA, 3.82 science GPA

has anyone seen info on what platform the interview is on? I know it's virtual but it didn't say anything about them sending a zoom link or something.

has anyone seen info on what platform the interview is on? I know it's virtual but it didn't say anything about them sending a zoom link or something.
Mine said it was on Zoom

For those that were rejected, did you get this same email?

"Thank you for your application to The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Your application materials for admission have been given careful consideration by the College of Veterinary Medicine Admissions Committee. We regret to inform you that you were not admitted to the College of Veterinary Medicine.

How do you improve your application? You can improve your overall GPA by achieving Aā€™s in any current/future classes especially science courses. Please note: When you retake a course, it will be averaged into your overall GPA. No grades are eliminated from your GPA"

I am trying to figure out if the "How do you improve your application" section was sent to everybody. Thanks!

For those that were rejected, did you get this same email?

"Thank you for your application to The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Your application materials for admission have been given careful consideration by the College of Veterinary Medicine Admissions Committee. We regret to inform you that you were not admitted to the College of Veterinary Medicine.

How do you improve your application? You can improve your overall GPA by achieving Aā€™s in any current/future classes especially science courses. Please note: When you retake a course, it will be averaged into your overall GPA. No grades are eliminated from your GPA"

I am trying to figure out if the "How do you improve your application" section was sent to everybody. Thanks!
That's the same email that I received. I think it was a general "how to improve"

Anyone else receive a rejection email but didnā€™t have their portal updated? Mine still says pending

Anyone else receive a rejection email but didnā€™t have their portal updated? Mine still says pending
Mine from last year still says pending and I was rejected. I donā€™t think they update it

Mine from last year still says pending and I was rejected. I donā€™t think they update it
Do they not update it cause weā€™re rejected or do they just not update anyoneā€™s?

Congrats to all of you interviewing at OSU! I loved my OSU interview and the subsequent 4 years of vet school there that came after. Enjoy the process<3

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I was offered an interview and mine still says pending.. made me panic that they made a mistake šŸ˜…
I'm in the same boat! On sdn it seems like previous years said they don't update the portal much.

Also in the application portal, under the "Application requirements" tab, I don't remember filling out the "Community Enrollment Question," but it says it is complete? Does anyone else have this? Has this always been on our portals or is this new?

Does anyone know how much the interview is factored in to their final decision?

does anyone know how fast the interview waitlist moves
The initial round of interview invites has until Jan 6th to schedule or decline/forfeit their interview so I imagine people will start being pulled from the waitlist after the 6th

Anyone know if we need to send in fall transcripts?

y'all so the interview time we chose is EST right?

Columbus is at the verrrrrry edge of the Eastern time zone - ask me how I know (it is HELL when you have to try to get up for class in the middle of winter when it's still dark out at 8am :dead: )

• Haha
Anyone know what to expect in the interview? Is it traditional? And how to prepare? Just super nervous!!

Anyone know what to expect in the interview? Is it traditional? And how to prepare? Just super nervous!!
my interview from a few years ago was pretty short. They asked maybe like 5 questions and my answers really reflected my personality without being too wordy. At the end I was able to ask any questions I personally had. I recommend coming up with a couple questions to ask and just be yourself. I believe in some of the previous OSU CVM forums there are some examples of past questions (some of those were asked when I was interviewing so try to find those!)

To everyone who is interviewing, good luck!!!! And to those who did not make it to interviews this cycle, keep trying! The best thing you can do is make yourself a better candidate for the next year so they canā€™t turn you down!:giggle:

• Care
what about your experience if I can ask :)
Sure! I have about ~6k hours of vet experience (mixed animal, small animal, and a mobile practice). Thousands of hours of animal experience including volunteering with equine assisted therapy and at a cat shelter. My extended family also has a farm where I spent a lot of time growing up.

Extracurriculars include being on the western equine team, rodeoing, academic team and national honor society in high school, and holding a few leadership roles in a federal program that assists low income/first generation/students with disabilities. Iā€™ve been to a few national conferences that focused on leadership as well.

I have an internship with my schoolā€™s cultural center; itā€™s a DEI internship which I think is really unique. I also did a little bit of HIV research, not in a lab, but with the community.

Did anyone receive a link for their interview yet? From the couple emails they have sent me, I don't see a zoom link yet

Did anyone receive a link for their interview yet? From the couple emails they have sent me, I don't see a zoom link yet

This last email now didnā€™t have it either.

Reactions: 2 users
Iā€™ve only gotten the one email saying I had an interview, what emails did you guys get from them recently?

Iā€™ve only gotten the one email saying I had an interview, what emails did you guys get from them recently?
They sent out a confirmation type email today with instructions about logging on to zoom and the format

They sent out a confirmation type email today with instructions about logging on to zoom and the format
I scheduled my interview for the 28th but I didnā€™t get this email? I got the confirmation email for my time when I scheduled it but not this one

I didnā€™t get a confirmation email today. Should I email them?

I got one on the day I got my interview that told me date and time, but nothing since.

I scheduled my interview for the 28th but I didnā€™t get this email? I got the confirmation email for my time when I scheduled it but not this one
i also did not receive one and my interview is on the 4th. maybe bc are interviews are later we wonā€™t get that email just yet?

The email I received today did not have a link to zoom tho. Did yours have it?