Ohio State c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You’ll need the C pass. It’s the only one available to students that will allow you to park in the vet school lots. With all of the changes to the curriculum though, you might want to wait and see how often you need to physically be on campus. It might be cheaper to get hourly parking or temporary monthly passes (one month or three month) versus the annual pass. You can purchase the passes at anytime and they don’t care if they “oversell” parking passes (cue sad laughter).

CampusParc actually has a lot of information about this on their site in the FAQ’s right now.
Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey current students, we have just recieved information on purchasing parking passes and I was wondering if you have any suggestions as to which parking pass to purchase in order to park in the vet building parking lot? Thanks!

you can also have two license plates on it (they just can’t be in the parking lot at the same time), so if you have a roommate with a similar schedule sharing would be something to think about since you guys won’t be on campus much

Reactions: 1 user
you can also have two license plates on it (they just can’t be in the parking lot at the same time), so if you have a roommate with a similar schedule sharing would be something to think about since you guys won’t be on campus much
Thankyou!

Members don't see this ad :)
I GOT CALLED TODAY!!!!! Now I’m scrambling to get everything ready for the start of classes omg!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hope everyone is enjoying Christmas break and the chance to get away from school for a bit! Quick question - does anyone know if/where we are able to see our class rank? I’m not sure if there’s even one posted after first semester but I was just curious!

Hope everyone is enjoying Christmas break and the chance to get away from school for a bit! Quick question - does anyone know if/where we are able to see our class rank? I’m not sure if there’s even one posted after first semester but I was just curious!

PPS can tell you once grades are final

It’s University Gardens. Just off 71 and N Broadway, on Beulah Road/Beulah Circle
Hey! so I know it's been a while we talked about this topic, but I am thinking to move to the University Gardens in July.
Can I pm you with some questions if you don't mind?

Hey! so I know it's been a while we talked about this topic, but I am thinking to move to the University Gardens in July.
Can I pm you with some questions if you don't mind?
For sure! I’m always willing to answer any questions :)

Hey everyone! I just got accepted into c/o 2025 and figured I'd ask you all after your first year, what did you wish you would have known before starting class/moving to Columbus? For apartments, what areas do you recommend and which ones do you avoid? I have never been to Columbus and want to have some things ready to see before I go visit in late spring.

ALSO, what are some good outdoor things to do? I heard there are waterfalls and nice hiking places but if anyone can give me any names and point me in the right direction I'd really appreciated it :)

and lastly, I will happily accept any and all tips and must-haves for living in the cold weather. I'm from Miami, FL, and have never lived anywhere that goes below 60 degrees for more than 2 days

Meme Reaction GIF by Tyler
thank you all in advance :)

Hey everyone! I just got accepted into c/o 2025 and figured I'd ask you all after your first year, what did you wish you would have known before starting class/moving to Columbus? For apartments, what areas do you recommend and which ones do you avoid? I have never been to Columbus and want to have some things ready to see before I go visit in late spring.

ALSO, what are some good outdoor things to do? I heard there are waterfalls and nice hiking places but if anyone can give me any names and point me in the right direction I'd really appreciated it :)

and lastly, I will happily accept any and all tips and must-haves for living in the cold weather. I'm from Miami, FL, and have never lived anywhere that goes below 60 degrees for more than 2 days

Not living in Columbus myself just yet, but I'm going to be moving there from Cincinnati, which is roughly 2 hours south from Columbus in southern Ohio, so I've got some cred at least lol.

For hiking and such, definitely look towards Hocking Hills State Park! It's about an hour south from Columbus. The nice thing about Columbus is that it's about dead center in the state, so you're not too far away from really anywhere, so make sure to look at places that aren't just in Columbus! Look around Cincinnati, Toledo, Cleveland, and more. There's tons of places. My personal favorite hiking spot in Ohio is Buzzardroost Rock! It's roughly 2 hours south from Columbus, absolutely gorgeous view at the end. Some other places I like include:
Germantown Metro Park
Caesar Creek State Park
Glen Helen Nature Preserve
John Bryan State Park
There's also some great places in Indiana such as Versailles State Park, which is a further drive. Red River Gorge in located in Kentucky and is a fantastic area, but it is about 4 hours away so that's probably reserved for breaks when you have the time lol. One of my former coworkers got me a book for Secret Santa one year that is all about hiking spots in Ohio, and I've really liked it! Definitely going to be using it myself at tOSU since I'll be closer to more northern spots I never felt like making the trip to go see! It's called "50 Hikes in Ohio" by Ralph Ramey.

My biggest tip for living in cold weather is LAYERS! Being able to layer on clothing is a massive help, especially when you are dressing for the temperature outside and inside. Getting a nice winter jacket/coat that you can layer along with something like a sweatshirt or pullover is really nice and gives you control over how warm you are inside buildings too, as you can adjust how many layers you have on just in case it's hot in one room and cold in another and freezing outside. Cover your extremities, such as hands and ears, when it's really cold out, so gloves and hats are great! Scarves are nice too to help cover your face. I love jackets that cover my neck due to personal style preference, but they also have great use in keeping my neck warm in the winter months.I personally like wearing long socks in general, but they're also very nice for the winter months so my calves aren't as cold. I am a guy who definitely runs on the warmer side typically, so I don't always follow all this advice myself, but for someone who is coming from a much warmer climate who isn't acclimated to a colder climate, I feel that it's at least a good starting point!

Also, I just worked a double shift today, so I apologize if any of this seems disjointed or all over the place lol, I'm a little tired.

Reactions: 2 users
Not living in Columbus myself just yet, but I'm going to be moving there from Cincinnati, which is roughly 2 hours south from Columbus in southern Ohio, so I've got some cred at least lol.

For hiking and such, definitely look towards Hocking Hills State Park! It's about an hour south from Columbus. The nice thing about Columbus is that it's about dead center in the state, so you're not too far away from really anywhere, so make sure to look at places that aren't just in Columbus! Look around Cincinnati, Toledo, Cleveland, and more. There's tons of places. My personal favorite hiking spot in Ohio is Buzzardroost Rock! It's roughly 2 hours south from Columbus, absolutely gorgeous view at the end. Some other places I like include:
Germantown Metro Park
Caesar Creek State Park
Glen Helen Nature Preserve
John Bryan State Park
There's also some great places in Indiana such as Versailles State Park, which is a further drive. Red River Gorge in located in Kentucky and is a fantastic area, but it is about 4 hours away so that's probably reserved for breaks when you have the time lol. One of my former coworkers got me a book for Secret Santa one year that is all about hiking spots in Ohio, and I've really liked it! Definitely going to be using it myself at tOSU since I'll be closer to more northern spots I never felt like making the trip to go see! It's called "50 Hikes in Ohio" by Ralph Ramey.

My biggest tip for living in cold weather is LAYERS! Being able to layer on clothing is a massive help, especially when you are dressing for the temperature outside and inside. Getting a nice winter jacket/coat that you can layer along with something like a sweatshirt or pullover is really nice and gives you control over how warm you are inside buildings too, as you can adjust how many layers you have on just in case it's hot in one room and cold in another and freezing outside. Cover your extremities, such as hands and ears, when it's really cold out, so gloves and hats are great! Scarves are nice too to help cover your face. I love jackets that cover my neck due to personal style preference, but they also have great use in keeping my neck warm in the winter months.I personally like wearing long socks in general, but they're also very nice for the winter months so my calves aren't as cold. I am a guy who definitely runs on the warmer side typically, so I don't always follow all this advice myself, but for someone who is coming from a much warmer climate who isn't acclimated to a colder climate, I feel that it's at least a good starting point!

Also, I just worked a double shift today, so I apologize if any of this seems disjointed or all over the place lol, I'm a little tired.
Not disjointed at all!! Like I said I've never lived anywhere that goes below 60 for more than 2 days so any tip about the cold, however small and insignificant to you, is probably going to be new to me 🙃

Thank you sooo soo much for replying after a double shift, I truly appreciate it! I'm so excited to start in August and can't help myself from researching since it's very different to where I am from. Are you also c/o 2025??

Not disjointed at all!! Like I said I've never lived anywhere that goes below 60 for more than 2 days so any tip about the cold, however small and insignificant to you, is probably going to be new to me 🙃

Thank you sooo soo much for replying after a double shift, I truly appreciate it! I'm so excited to start in August and can't help myself from researching since it's very different to where I am from. Are you also c/o 2025??
Yep, I'm c/o 2025! I just realized this is the c/o 2024 thread though 😂

so i'm c/o 2025 too lol but i have some additional winter advice! i'm not from ohio, but i am from buffalo ny where we have like 70 inches of snow for the season so far, so i've picked up a couple tips over the years!

- 100% agree about layers! wanted to add - fleece-lined leggings are amazing to wear under jeans/sweats etc. i frequently wear about 3 pairs of pants at a time in winter lol and it really helps!
- a pair of water-resistant snow pants too for shoveling out during snowstorms.
- in addition to long socks, look into thick socks-- like the woolen hiking brands; and as a girl with allergies to wool these don't bother my skin at all.
- they also sell these things called hot hands that you can stick in your gloves/mittens; which reminds me -- in addition to gloves you may want to get a pair of mittens as well; even if you don't wear them all the time they keep your fingers squeezed together and a little warmer in a pinch. the time; that way you can wear gloves on a day-to-day but go for the mittens when the weather is really nasty.
- boots with traction; ll bean sells a bunch of really good quality snow boots if those are up your alley! a few other brands come to mind too.

lastly - do you have a car? if so, you may want to consider snow tires, or at least all-weather tires. along with this, an ice scraper for your windshield, windshield washer fluid, and a snow brush are pretty essential.

that's all i've got for now but hope that helps :)

lastly - do you have a car? if so, you may want to consider snow tires, or at least all-weather tires. along with this, an ice scraper for your windshield, windshield washer fluid, and a snow brush are pretty essential.

I had not thought about that until I messaged another second year and she mentioned it!!! She recommended buying a little shovel and keeping it in my car along with some salt in case I ever get stuck. Yes, I'm going to bring my car up there and I'm terrified of driving in the snow. I'm used to driving in torrential downpours/mini hurricanes but not snow/ice. I'm lowkey terrified 🙃

Super excited to meet you guys! @max_wildlife @Sqweamish

Good luck in school. I was from Naples FL and NV and went to OSU for my DVM. Good snow boots and a down coat are helpful as well as an ice scraper for the car because we got several ice storms in Cbus when I was there. Hats and gloves. Most people adjusted fine after one winter.