Official UTSW c/o 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can't make the class party on Thursday, gotta pick up mum from the airport after 2 months. You guys can forgive me right?

As for the curriculum... yeah looks painful, don't want to think about it, ignorance is bliss.

Members don't see this ad.

supposedly we have it better than last year's class. Much of the minutiae is being cut out of biochem, and we'll be through with genetics earlier. but with so many days of 6-8 hrs of lectures/labs, no wonder we need happy hours.

Is the Thursday party even happening? Did 100 people RSVP?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's on like Donkey Kong.

OK so here it is:

What: UTSW MS1 Meet-and-greet/Party/Social/Shindig
Where: 2nd Floor, Central Park, 3005 Routh St. (Corner of Routh St. and Cedar Springs Rd. in Uptown)
When: Thursday, August 10, 2006 (10 PM to 2 AM)

All are invited, including - especially? - those who did not respond this past weekend, though I would suggest trying to keep it as MS1-concentrated as possible.

A HUGE thanks to those who did reply (I ended up being able to go back to the owner with a count of the necessary 100) - your collective promptness proved to be a valuable bargaining chip.

Anyway, I was able to secure $3 wells, domestics, and imports. I hope to see you all there; have a great Last-Free-Week-of-Your-Life.

Your humble servant/classmate,
XXXXX XXXXX

Holy crap I'm getting excited y'all! One more week...

Have fun at the get together tonight everbody.

i can't seem to find the email anywhere that discussed it, but does anyone know the date of the White Coat ceremony? It was either Oct 21 or 28.

White Coat Ceremoney aka Parents Day:

Parents Day...
...Saturday, October 28. More information on that during the first week of school.

source: Wes Norred, Even more greetings from UT Southwestern 7/13/2006

(im bored)

Jedix123 said:

Anything else important in that email? :oops:

Hey, for those of you living at MedPark, what are you gonna do about parking on days when we don't have 9-5 class? The MedPark shuttle only goes 6-10 and 4-10, so when we have 12-3 or 9-3 days, we get left hanging for a bit. Are you guys gonna pay for student parking then?

I'm thinking of just taking one of the shuttles to Exchange Park and walking back, since parking's only worth it if you manage to get Garage 3. The other parking locations right around Exchange Park anyway...any suggestions?

Something about insurance and bg check. That's about it.

Jedix123 said:
White Coat Ceremoney aka Parents Day:

Parents Day...
...Saturday, October 28. More information on that during the first week of school.

(im bored)
thanks Jedix... hope everyone's enjoying their last free week

Members don't see this ad :)
turquoise_water said:
Hola UTSW Med Students

i am pre med student at UT , am about to start my junior year, and am taking MCAT in april , just dropped in for some advice :) :oops:

hope u guys dont mind me being on this thread or posting here,

i was wondering what MCAT score, GPA, is good enough for UTSW ( i have been on their website but wanted to hear it from u guys )

i am currently shadowing a neurosurgeon who is DO, and also volunteering at ER and taking summer classes

what were interviews at UTSW like, what kinda questions were asked ??

sorry if i offended anyone,

UTSW is my first choice, i only live an hour from this place and have visited the campus couple of times and i love it

Any information will be useful, thanks in advance

good luck everyone

god bless

Turquoise _water
GPA>MCAT>EC (research is nice). Why settle for the avg. if you can do better?

At the interview, be nice and straight forward. Be yourself. Good luck.

Hey guys,

I just moved into Dallas! Things feel so official now...Hope everyone has a great last week off! See you on Saturday!

Damn reading assignment already... couldnt they have waited til Sunday?

Jedix123 said:
Damn reading assignment already... couldnt they have waited til Sunday?

True dat. I don't even have my book yet, and the idea of paying full price for that bad boy is not cool.

Do y'all ever wonder if they are going to try and "make a statement" in these first couple of weeks? You know, start off tough to scare us into submission? I've already assumed that the first test (or quiz) is going to be a wake-up call, but come on, how hard can they really make this? It is just Biochem after all...

Jedix123 said:
GPA>MCAT>EC (research is nice). Why settle for the avg. if you can do better?

At the interview, be nice and straight forward. Be yourself. Good luck.

thanks so much for ur advice :)

appreciate it

Good Luck,

Turquoise_Water

ever since reading that email, I feel... dirty.

potato51 said:
ever since reading that email, I feel... dirty.

reading assignment before classes start? :scared:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not going, but i'll be at the thursday shindig.

Is everyone drunk?

heh... wish I could've gone, but I couldn't leave Houston until yesterday evening. see everyone tomorrow.

Whew what a grueling set of lectures so far... ;) real class starts tomm! :thumbup:

Greetings UTSW classmates.

Attachments

• erinkiss.jpg
    erinkiss.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 215