Official University of Michigan Class of 2010 Thread part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
BDiesel said:
Where did you find that, princess? Every year here, at least for undergrad, tuition goes up quite a bit. I started out paying $7,500 freshman year to $10,000 this year... :(

The financial aid website.

So today is March 15th....... :eek: Does anyone know if scholarship announcements will be made today or in the upcoming days?

On a related note....did anyopne get the financial aid e-mail and freak for just a second thinking it was something else? I know I did, I think my heart stopped for .2 seconds and then realized it was just an update :oops: .

Members don't see this ad :)
Made the week of march 20th and some have already gone out.

Ashanti Rock said:
So today is March 15th....... :eek: Does anyone know if scholarship announcements will be made today or in the upcoming days?

On a related note....did anyopne get the financial aid e-mail and freak for just a second thinking it was something else? I know I did, I think my heart stopped for .2 seconds and then realized it was just an update :oops: .
:laugh: Not that any of us are a little tense, or anything. :p I'm waiting for Sail to post his scholarship, b/c I'm sure he's going to get one. :luck:

Yeah, I got that email, too. Considering that my parents always get an extension to their taxes, there's no way for me to fill it out without estimating. :rolleyes:

Anyone new receive acceptance notification today???

Chopianista said:
Anyone new receive acceptance notification today???

Some people did (like around 10 or so I bet).

QofQuimica said:
:laugh: Not that any of us are a little tense, or anything. :p I'm waiting for Sail to post his scholarship, b/c I'm sure he's going to get one. :luck:

Yeah, I got that email, too. Considering that my parents always get an extension to their taxes, there's no way for me to fill it out without estimating. :rolleyes:
:) Thanks for the vote of confidence Q, but I'm not holding my breath on any big scholarship money! :p I did receive one of the $1000 "in-state" scholarships that they seemed to be giving out to a bunch of people a few weeks ago, but I'm guessing that might be it. My GPA is below the UofM average, so I'm probably out of the running for much in the way of the merit scholarships. A guy can dream, though! :thumbup:

If my parent's tax return is ever finished (they also usually file an extension, but do have all of there stuff together already) I'll finish my paperwork and see what happens. :luck:

Guys, what can we do about the discussion board on the admitted students website. We could be having some great discussions over there but there is such a delay with responses. Should we complain or what?

princessd3 said:
Guys, what can we do about the discussion board on the admitted students website. We could be having some great discussions over there but there is such a delay with responses. Should we complain or what?
Do you mean one response after a couple days or weeks? If it's only a couple days, then that's not good enough for a complaint.

I haven't really been on that board, since not many people visit it.

happydays said:
Do you mean one response after a couple days or weeks? If it's only a couple days, then that's not good enough for a complaint.

I haven't really been on that board, since not many people visit it.

We're talking months here. There were questions asked since last year that were not answered or even posted.

princessd3 said:
I looked at that discussion board once when they first told us about it, but never went back. There are more U Mich people to talk to right here. :smuggrin:

Maybe a call to the admissions office asking who is in charge of updating the board would help. As-is, it is virtually useless. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
SailCrazy said:
Maybe a call to the admissions office asking who is in charge of updating the board would help. As-is, it is virtually useless. :thumbdown:
Nice pun!

I'm actually kind of afraid of going to second look. B/c I've been saying all sorts of crazy stuff on these forums, I almost don't want people to ID me. :laugh:

happydays said:
Nice pun!

I'm actually kind of afraid of going to second look. B/c I've been saying all sorts of crazy stuff on these forums, I almost don't want people to ID me. :laugh:
We all desperately want to know the real you. :D

In all seriousness, I know how you feel. It's been a little weird going to interviews and having people go, oh, wow, you're Q. I'm so-and-so. You don't know each other, but at the same time you kind of do. :laugh:

QofQuimica said:
We all desperately want to know the real you. :D

In all seriousness, I know how you feel. It's been a little weird going to interviews and having people go, oh, wow, you're Q. I'm so-and-so. You don't know each other, but at the same time you kind of do. :laugh:
Yeah, if anyone asks, I'm from Maine and majored in performance arts. My response to knowing SDN: "What does that stand for?"

:laugh:

happydays said:
Nice pun!

Why be afraid considering I already know who you are.

happydays said:
Yeah, if anyone asks, I'm from Maine and majored in performance arts. My response to knowing SDN: "What does that stand for?"

:laugh:
:smuggrin: Too late. We're already on to you. :cool: I don't think I've met any of you all yet, so I might be able to keep my anonymity....

princessd3 said:
Why be afraid considering I already know who you are.
Ok, now I'm going to have to kill you. See what you're making me do?

Mwahahahaaha! :smuggrin:

This is why Michigan is the best: They have the leader in the SDN espn bracket.

Although I will be way behind by the end of today :(

I am so pumped to start M1 year. Cant wait to meet y'all!!!

Yeah I am really excited too. Anyone considering the pre-matriculation program? I am thinking it might be good for me since I have been out of school for two years. Hmmm...I dunno. Anyone know how much it costs or know of people who did it and thought it to be benificial?

Are those of you who are going to second look weekend staying with a student host? I have some friends in the Ann Arbor area, and was thinking about staying with them. What do most people do?

Also, anyone else going to the UofM v. Notre Dame NIT game tonight? Go Blue! :thumbup:

SailCrazy said:
Are those of you who are going to second look weekend staying with a student host? I have some friends in the Ann Arbor area, and was thinking about staying with them. What do most people do?

Also, anyone else going to the UofM v. Notre Dame NIT game tonight? Go Blue! :thumbup:
I heard there was a 3-pointer at the overtime buzzer for UM to win the game. Sounds exciting, but I'm not really into sports.

happydays said:
I heard there was a 3-pointer at the overtime buzzer for UM to win the game. Sounds exciting, but I'm not really into sports.
I'm not, either. I was interviewing at U Mich the weekend they were playing Michigan State for something. I think it was football. Incredible to watch the natives. I remember being at the Detroit airport on Sat. waiting to get on the plane, and a ton of people were watching the game while sitting in the terminal. I mean like they were boarding the plane and these guys had to practically be bodily torn away from the TVs. :rolleyes: I will never understand sports rivalries. :smuggrin:

It's raining with men and beer on football saturdays.

Well this is the week that scholarships are supposed to come out - any SDNers hear anything from the office?

Last edited:
BDiesel said:
I haven't heard anything this week. I hope we will all get some $$$.

That's about the only thing Umich could do to make me love them even more than I already do (which is a lot), except for maybe mailing me an engraved iPod video. Hell, I'll even pick it up! :laugh:
Oh, no, don't start that whole free ipod business again....thegenius, if you're reading this, s/he's kidding!!! :smuggrin:

Hey guys!

Just wondering if anyone knows what the criteria are for choosing who gets to go to the pre-matriculation program...I'd definitely like to get comfortable in Ann Arbor before classes start...

Can't wait to meet you all!

BDiesel said:
I haven't heard anything this week. I hope we will all get some $$$.

That's about the only thing Umich could do to make me love them even more than I already do (which is a lot), except for maybe mailing me an engraved iPod video. Hell, I'll even pick it up! :laugh:
I love UMich so much that I don't know if I can love it more. If UMich were a man...nevermind.

I just don't like how they need us to file our taxes so soon.

OrganLibrarian said:
Hey guys!

Just wondering if anyone knows what the criteria are for choosing who gets to go to the pre-matriculation program...I'd definitely like to get comfortable in Ann Arbor before classes start...

Can't wait to meet you all!
first come first serve.

QofQuimica said:
Oh, no, don't start that whole free ipod business again....thegenius, if you're reading this, s/he's kidding!!! :smuggrin:

Yea I know, I'm ignoring this stuff. I got really busy at work and I haven't been on SDN in a week or two. It's actually nice not to peruse postings by mostly neurotic pre-meds (and I think I can, at times, be placed in that category.)

thegenius said:
Yea I know, I'm ignoring this stuff. I got really busy at work and I haven't been on SDN in a week or two. It's actually nice not to peruse postings by mostly neurotic pre-meds (and I think I can, at times, be placed in that category.)
I have been having an extraordinarily good sudoku week. I recorded my fastest evil puzzle time ever: 20 minutes, 41 seconds, on the computer. But I'm still averaging closer to 27-28 min.

happydays said:
QofQuimica said:
I'm not, either. I was interviewing at U Mich the weekend they were playing Michigan State for something. I think it was football. Incredible to watch the natives. I remember being at the Detroit airport on Sat. waiting to get on the plane, and a ton of people were watching the game while sitting in the terminal. I mean like they were boarding the plane and these guys had to practically be bodily torn away from the TVs. :rolleyes: I will never understand sports rivalries. :smuggrin:
It was a great game. Shots to tie and to take the lead at the end of regulation and both OTs. We had good seats in the 9th row in the end by the pep band. (I was the guy in the Michigan Medical tshirt - you probably saw me on TV.) :D

Q - Thinking of you, I also noted how many other great non-sports activities there are in A2. Once they show you the money, you'll have a tough decision on your hands! :)

QofQuimica said:
I have been having an extraordinarily good sudoku week. I recorded my fastest evil puzzle time ever: 20 minutes, 41 seconds, on the computer. But I'm still averaging closer to 27-28 min.

Wait a second...you told me earlier that you did a evil puzzle in about 15 minutes? So what is your all time fastest evil puzzle score?

SailCrazy said:
Thoughts... anyone...???

hey guys... does anyone know when michigan is going to publish this year's match list?

also, who else is going to be rocking out at prematriculation weekend with me? i called the other day, and like happydays said, it is first-come-first-serve, and there are still spots left. does anyone know how the housing situation works for it?

thegenius said:
I've figured out the trick to solving these puzzles, and my fastest evil was 10-15 min (and that was WHILE I was occupied with something else...in the bathroom, enough said). But after you figure out how to do it, it's not that much fun anymore.

happydays said:
I love UMich so much that I don't know if I can love it more. If UMich were a man...nevermind.
I'm going to be a UMich man... :D

SailCrazy said:
Thoughts... anyone...???
I live here. Anyone want to live with me? It's free, but you'll have to sleep on the floor. :D Ok, I'm just kidding...I don't want to have to put away all my unmentionables.

SailCrazy said:
Thoughts... anyone...???

yo sail-

i also have friends (more like friends of friends) in ann arbor, but figured it'd be more fun to stay with students. from what i understand, the M1s and M2s really try to put together a good program for us, and i'd get a better perspective of what life is like there if i stayed with a current student.

SailCrazy said:
It was a great game. Shots to tie and to take the lead at the end of regulation and both OTs. We had good seats in the 9th row in the end by the pep band. (I was the buy in the Michigan Medical tshirt - you probably saw me on TV.) :D

Q - Thinking of you, I also noted how many other great non-sports activities there are in A2. Once they show you the money, you'll have a tough decision on your hands! :)
actually, I didn't watch it. Sorry. Looks like you'll remain a mystry to me.

hey happydays,

i'd stay with you, since i didn't get the open apt room :(

and midwesternguy,

i signed up for the pre-matriculation program online...so hopefully i'll see you there!

and for the sudoku kids...all my mom ever does anymore is do those damn puzzles - i'm sort of worried for her sanity, although i bet she's lowering her alzheimer's risk! :)

OrganLibrarian said:
hey happydays,

i'd stay with you, since i didn't get the open apt room :(

and midwesternguy,

i signed up for the pre-matriculation program online...so hopefully i'll see you there!

and for the sudoku kids...all my mom ever does anymore is do those damn puzzles - i'm sort of worried for her sanity, although i bet she's lowering her alzheimer's risk! :)
You can stay with M1s or M2s, who will have couches. Why would you want to sleep on the floor over a comfy couch?

...because I am finding it more and more difficult to have meaningful interactions with anyone without an SDN account... :eek:

...AND my crappy bed is as hard as a floor, so i'm used to it!

princessd3 said:
Is it free?
yes

and librarian, I'll have to clean my room, but I think it'll be worth it. :D