***Official UNECOM Class of 2009!!!***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks man.

BTW I am so looking forward to starting at the end of July. I am so glad that I canceled my other interviews. UNE is my first choice and I am so lucky to have it. I am going to frame the acceptance letter.

Even though I am going to be freezing in the winters.. either in Toronto or Maine, I am actually looking forward to it. Ocean and Snow... wow, that is going to be crazy.

It is going to be a bit difficult of course, moving south.. have to get papers done and get private loans.. all that stuff. But I am so going to love it. :D

Members don't see this ad.

coming south is going to be like coming to a tropical paradise!! it's SOOOO warm down here right now ;)

Thanks Jon, I think it is actually going North East. Since Toronto is Close to Buffalo NY... Yukss... that means it is going to be a reverse.. I am leaving from tropical paradice... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That is okay.. I will survive.

Members don't see this ad :)
i like toronto. i was there last month visiting family friends in mississauga. very nice area. i think you'll be just fine moving to the shore.

thanks... I don't love toronto.. I prefer Vancouver and Montreal... that is where the life is interesting

BTW... for all of the applicants reading the interview threads for UNECOM. You will notice that someone post 2 bad reviews in a row.

That seems cheap I will tell you why.

Don't post too in a row cause it will make the school look worst.

Also it is best to post right after your interview and not wait for one month.
You evaluation can be terrible bias after you get an acceptance or refusal letter.

For example I am pro-UNE... so I will defend it... but you can also ask others like NATE and MEDICK that interviewed there. They will tell you a non-bias opinion since they are going to MSU and NJ.

Also.. the point about one of the interviewers.. talking about themself.. that is great... use that... see what they are interested in and ask them questions.. the goal is for them to get comfortable with you.. A physician will have to listen to others... and their complaints.

docbill said:
thanks... I don't love toronto.. I prefer Vancouver and Montreal... that is where the life is interesting

oh really? yeah i've never really been to either of those. i've been to toronto a few times and i went to windsor a couple times when i was visiting my friend in detroit.

I promise if you go to UNECOM... we will get a whole bunch of people together and go up to Montreal or Quebec City.. 6 hours drive. You will love it... They are the best most active cities in Canada... full of life.. not to mention Quebec ladies are beautiful.

I went up to montreal for my bachelor party... THAT was fun

ooo can I come?!

docbill said:
I promise if you go to UNECOM... we will get a whole bunch of people together and go up to Montreal or Quebec City.. 6 hours drive. You will love it... They are the best most active cities in Canada... full of life.. not to mention Quebec ladies are beautiful.

Nate said:
ooo can I come?!

Nate, you can come on one condition. If you ratify the treaty between UNE and NJ class of 2009 as sister/brotherly schools.

BTW, while you drive up can you pick up some snacks. And you have to behave yourself in Montreal. Okay.. you know what.. scrap the last rule. You are have kids.. you should be allowed to let party sometimes. hehehe :smuggrin:

Anyone else want to come?

Man if it was not for a few that post on here.. I would call this docbill's monologues.

I can't wait till more UNEvergs come.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all... I go away for a few days and this thread sinks to the bottom of the page.. I will not let this happen. Any news about any new interviews.

docbill said:
Hey all... I go away for a few days and this thread sinks to the bottom of the page.. I will not let this happen. Any news about any new interviews.

Docbill,

We should change your avatar to an Olympian and your name to torch-bearer! :) :) :)

I haven't been elected to represent my class at UMDNJ, but UNE is definitely okay in my book. I only wish I could clone myself and go to both UNE and UMDNJ because I really loved both schools so much. It would be the rich half, of course, that would go to UNE that tuition is just way up there. What kinds of snacks should I bring? Real beer of course because that piss you guys can up there is not going to cut it.

docbill said:
Nate, you can come on one condition. If you ratify the treaty between UNE and NJ class of 2009 as sister/brotherly schools.

BTW, while you drive up can you pick up some snacks. And you have to behave yourself in Montreal. Okay.. you know what.. scrap the last rule. You are have kids.. you should be allowed to let party sometimes. hehehe :smuggrin:

Anyone else want to come?

you can say that again. the tuition for UNECOM is up there..55K per yr and increasing. ahh. But hey, I'll deal w/ the debt... :) :)

UNE2009LMD said:
you can say that again. the tuition for UNECOM is up there..55K per yr and increasing. ahh. But hey, I'll deal w/ the debt... :) :)

WWWHHHHAAATTTT????????

I think 55K is what one can borrow. Our current tuition is 32K.

:luck:

Nate said:
I haven't been elected to represent my class at UMDNJ, but UNE is definitely okay in my book. I only wish I could clone myself and go to both UNE and UMDNJ because I really loved both schools so much. It would be the rich half, of course, that would go to UNE that tuition is just way up there. What kinds of snacks should I bring? Real beer of course because that piss you guys can up there is not going to cut it.

Nate you have it backwards... Canadian beer is good beer. We are not afraid to put the %EtOH content right on the bottle. Plus we have 5.5% all the way up to 10% beer. We don't need to water it down.

UNE tuition is in line with Private schools. Not the sheapest. I can't afford it. But so is life.

Thanks Gioia, I am determined to maintain this afloat. AAAaadrrriaaaaaaannnnnnn!

No matter how many times she offers, don't let Gioia examine your ears :D

mcandy said:
No matter how many times she offers, don't let Gioia examine your ears :D

WWHHAATT????????

:smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

they have beer in canadia? you don't mean molson do you? i'm pretty sure that actually is piss in a can.

jus playin, there's definitely some nice micro's up there. i kinda like that.

NJ's finest, flying fish, straight from my hometown, cherry hill. thats what i'm talking about. ok, its not that bad, really. nate dawg, learn somthin' bout it. haha wanted to say that.

yuengling is great though.

whats the deal with the ears?

PublicEnemy said:
whats the deal with the ears?

We practice our diagnostic skills on each other and it just so happens that some people (i.e. MCANDY) are becoming doctors to overcome their fear of them: I could graze his Darwin's Tubercle and he would tell you that I perforated his tympanic membrane! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

May I look in your ears?? :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

Perforated ear drumb does hurt... or so I hear.. hehehe.

Did you grab MCandy's ear and pull outwards. THat is what I get at the doctors office. I guess he does that to avoid perforating.. or just cause he enjoys pulling ears.

docbill said:
Did you grab MCandy's ear and pull outwards. THat is what I get at the doctors office. I guess he does that to avoid perforating.. or just cause he enjoys pulling ears.

Oh, of course! UNECOM trains the best!

If you were to press MCANDY on the issue, he would likely say that I blinded him with the opthalmoscope, as well. In fact, last week someone tried to puncture his liver during the respiratory unit.... Oh wait, could this be a trend???

I'll get back with you on MCANDY's pain plot: Now I have to go to classes incognito - where's my halloween costume?? :D

wook said:
Gioia:

I see what they mean that they mean that practical skills are earful. :laugh:

Wook

So WOOK,

Right on! Is it true that males have lower pain thresholds than females?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was recently accepted to UNECOM. Does the school assist students with finding roommates?

what....I cant hear you...Gioia took a core sample from from ear drum like she was studying the greenhouse effect on glaciers in the arctic.

brody17 said:
I was recently accepted to UNECOM. Does the school assist students with finding roommates?

COMSA has a housing division where they list rentals that become available and a helps students in their search: [email protected]

:luck:

Thanks! I saw the list of rentals but I was curious is the school helped with roommates. I do not know anyone in the Class of 2009 (yet).

What is everyone's plan for housing in the Fall 2005? Would anyone be interested in starting a roommate match?

Any input from current UNE students would be great! Where is the best place? the safest place? best deals?

Thanks!

Congrads on being accepted.

YOu will meet more people soon enough... I recall last year some people got together through here and may have ended up bieng roomates.

BA

Hi everyone.. I was just reading roomate thread... it can go both ways... one can either get a good roomy or a not so good roomy. I plan to get a roomate... as long as it is someone that is normal.. clean and works hard, I will be fine. But than again.. who knows.

I will not let you sink dam it

docbill

just so you don't feel lonely i will post. but, in the spirit of a post, i might as well include somethign good.

The Truest Red Sox Fan

Roger Clemens, after living a full life, died.
When he got to heaven, God was showing him around.
They came to a modest little house with a faded
Yankee flag in the window. "This house is yours
for eternity," God said. "This is very special,
not everyone gets a house up here."

Roger felt special, indeed, and walked into his house.
On his way up to the porch he noticed another house
just around the corner. It was a three-story
mansion with a bright red and blue sidewalk,
a 50 foot flagpole with a Red Sox flag flying on it,
and a Red Sox logo in every window. In the front yard
was a sign reading 'Welcome To Beantown.'

Clemens looked at God and said,
"I don't mean to be ungrateful, but I have a question.
I won three World Series rings, more awards than I can remember,
and I won more than 300 games."
God answered, "So what do you want to know, Roger?"

"Well, why does Pedro Martinez get a better house than me?"

God chuckled and said, "Roger, that's not Pedro's house...
its mine."

:love:
docbill said:
I will not let you sink dam it

this god you speak of, he goes by the name curt schilling doesn't he?

and so, curt shilling was his name :p

PublicEnemy said:
this god you speak of, he goes by the name curt schilling doesn't he?

congrats kidz-
pm w/ any questions

Hi All,

I did not run away.. don't worry... I am away at a conference.. and not much time or access to internet... But I am glad to see the activity going on.
BA

ok, so i have a question related to none of the above. i'm sure i will figure this out soon enough, but how does the whole reimbursement check (aka living on loans) thing work. is it every month, or no? and also, what do most have to take out? is it enough to survive or should you have extra mooola to fall back on. if you don't want to answer i understand but it would help alot!

thank you!

fuegorama said:
Hey kiddos-
Congratulations!
I'm a 2007er who will be leaving the Biddo. for years 3&4.
I am selling a house in town. It's an 1895,1700sq. ft. 3BR 1.75 bath. Fenced yard with deck. Hardwood floors throughout with a tin ceiling in the dining room. Four miles from campus and 4.5 miles from beaches in both directions.
Quiet street, one block from grocery.

We will be officially putting it on the market around the first of the year. I just wanted to give y'all an early heads up.
PM me with questions if ya want.

That means questions about the house, school, my astrological sign, my feelings about the election, surfing in Maine, the best oysters around, osteopathy, the best way to cook alfredo, dalmations..........

Hey docmz-

Your post caught my eye-I am also from Syracuse! :thumbup:

Congrats on the acceptance to UNE, and let me know if I can be a help when you make the transition to moving to the great old state of Maine!

And to help with your question about the moolah-You get your loan checks once at the end of July and then again at the end of Dec. Basically, just tally up what you think your living expenses will be for July-Dec, and make sure you have the dough to cover it. I wouldn't worry about taking out too much, if you do then just take out less for the spring semester. And yes, cost of living is much higher here than in the 'Cuse.

:D

hi there :)
good to here there is a fellow syracuseonian here! i'm sure you will be a ton of help when i finally move up to maine. do most people live on there own or are roomates common? how early should i start looking for an apartment etc? oh yes, and just so you know, we have a good inch or so of snow here! ho ho ho! :eek:

:)
thanks for the info!
docmz

NMH2001 said:
Hey docmz-

Your post caught my eye-I am also from Syracuse! :thumbup:

Congrats on the acceptance to UNE, and let me know if I can be a help when you make the transition to moving to the great old state of Maine!

And to help with your question about the moolah-You get your loan checks once at the end of July and then again at the end of Dec. Basically, just tally up what you think your living expenses will be for July-Dec, and make sure you have the dough to cover it. I wouldn't worry about taking out too much, if you do then just take out less for the spring semester. And yes, cost of living is much higher here than in the 'Cuse.

:D

As far as housing goes-many people rent homes along Hills Beach Road that are actually summer rentals that are not used in the winter. The pro to this is that you can spilt the cost of rent with a few people, don't really have to worry about much furniture and stuff, and literally live right down the street from school. A downside is that the homes are rented during the summer so you have to find your own housing usually from Memorial day-->Labor day. Lots of people have apartments in the Biddeford and Saco area, some have roomates, some do not. And then there's a few of us who live up in Portland-not really bad, only about a 35 min drive but then when you want to get out and see what's going on in town it's literally right at your doorstep. I personally like it because I feel that at the end of the day I have a good separation between home & school. Keeps me sane!

I started looking for apratments around January. It was a little early though. I would recommend probably March-April. The reason that we started so early was that my fiance (now husband) was looking for a new job in the area and did not know when he would be relocating to start.

Definately go on the UNE housing website (not sure of the exact link, but look around and you will find it). Also check out mainetoday.com for the classifieds, and mainerentalguide.com (the best so far-that's how we found our townhouse.)

Well that was long winded but I hope it gives you a little help in getting started. Any questions let me know- (Oh, and there's no such thing as lake effect snow up here!!!!!) :thumbup:

NMH2001

Hi Everyone.

How is everyone doing? Are we still looking forward till July 27th. I think I counted 8.5 month left. That is going to be so cool.

Also, I had a question... did I imagine this, or did I read somewhere that UNE will build a new residence on campus. If so will they allow Med Students to live in there...or is it just to meet the undergrad pop'n.

Also I have another question. Is it possible to live in Biddford/attend UNE and not have a car? I don't have one, sold it when I moved to the city, and don't wish/can't afford one. Is that going to be a huge problem. I am guess YES.

Anyone, having a car, looking for a roomate, hehehehe?

Okay.. must procrasinate some more on SDN.
BA

I second that... you'll definetly need a car

What kind of cars do UNECOM students drive? Can you get away without 4-wheel drive?

Thanks!