*** Official TUCOM-NV Class of 2009***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I saw this website a little less than a month ago or so I think. The pictures do look professionally done, but wow, do they look awesome.

What was labelled the Library is actually the Atrium or commons area.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, this thread is becoming a beast (255 posts). Now that block exams are done I can catch up on the internet. I want to share a photo of when I saw the campus for the first time, and it was after I interviewed, accepted and sent my deposit in. It was a sort a gamble, no pun intended, but in the end I am very happy where I am. I just took a look on weather.com at where I was going to go, Kirksville, and with a high of 36F low of 22F tomorrow I like where I am. It's going to be 65F here tomorrow, :), I dont think my desert Arizona blood could take the low, low temps they see. Oh yeah, and that pic of the AOA president, that's me on the left!!

Here I am with good o' Roger Corbman (IMO the best Director of Admissions you'll ever find) in the "atrium/commons area". That's me on the right (not the greatest picture but ah well)

DSC03526.jpg

Later.

Nik Kubista

President Official TUN Golf Club (oh yeah!!!!)

:clap: :clap:
I would love to join your golf club! Sounds really cool!

medicine1 said:
:clap: :clap:
I would love to join your golf club! Sounds really cool!
Same here! I just got a Taylor Made V Steel 3 wood for Christmas! I can't wait to try it out! Med1, are you going to Vegas April 1st? Maybe me and you can play a round or two?

I enjoy golf, but I don't have any golf clubs of my own. I would like to play more often, but I haven't had the time to. It would be fun to go out and play some golf with you, cardiotonic, on April 1st. :)

Ya'll better watch out for Kubista on those golf courses. I bet he can hit the hell out of that ball.

Can anyone tell I don't play golf?

:)

Tiffany D.
MS1

I posted this on our google group too.
Hi everyone! I have recently purchased a two bedroom/two bath town house 5 minutes from school in Stephanie Court. It is a gated community and the place is only a couple of years old. It has a full sized washer/dryer, parking everywhere, community pool, fireplace, and I’m really excited to move in to say the least! Speaking of moving in, I will be moving the beginning of July. I am looking for a roommate, so I thought I would write a little about me so if anyone needs a roommate and thinks we may be compatible can contact me. I’m from Tucson, Arizona and am 26 years old. I went to Northern Arizona University for undergrad and have moved around the last few years before starting my life. Not so much on purpose, but we all know that this getting into med school thing can be challenging. I love sports and pretty much anything to do with sports (except nascar, but that’s another discussion whether it really is a sport):) I enjoy playing all sports and watching all sports…I hope this med school thing doesn’t get in the way of the final four (ASU sun devil fans not welcome…go wildcats, just kidding), world series, superbowl, NBA championship, and Tiger or Agassi. I currently work as a personal trainer. I have been doing this for about 5 years and really enjoy training young athletes. I run a youth athletic training program where kids from the age of 9 to 16 can come do athletic training. While in Washington, DC I had the chance to work with college and professional athletes as well and that was a great experience (except for egos). Anyways I don’t want to make this too long. I am clean, but far from anal about it. I would also like a non-smoker. Contact me if you need somewhere to live or not, I want to get to know everyone. IM address: mikesf210 email address: [email protected]
Look forward to meeting you all. Michael.

Hi, I am a first year Dental student at USC, but have a house in Henderson that I am going to rent out in July (this is my personal home, so it is in nice shape). It is a 3bed/2bath 1500 square foot house with 2 car garage. the master suite is large and one of the bedroom's has it's own private entrance. Rent would be $1300/month. ( although I may be interested in selling it as well). It has a 2 car garage and fenced rear yard with grass. The house was built in 2001. Send me a private message if you are interested or would like to take a look at the house some weekend.

The house is on Pacific Cascades drive, which is near Paseo Verde & Gibson, just south of campus.

P.S.
For a cheap place to excercise and swim, I go the the Henderson Multigenerational Center on Green Valley Parkway. Its a cool place, membership is like $12/per month, and even cheaper if you purchase a yearly or 6 month pass. It is the cheapest and closest gym that I know of near Touro Univ, Although they are building a Gold's Gym at Stephanie and I-215.

Hey NVDental, no trojans allowed here! j/k :D I´m in some internet cafe in Costa Rica and wanted to say hello to classmates but couldn´t get on google groups. So hello from Costa Rica :cool: I will post some pics on google when i return. This place is AMAZING and has activities for anyone and everyone. I highly recommend it if anybody plans to travel before school starts.

Anyway, NVDental, could you PM me the address? I´d like to see exactly how far it is from Touro. I´m going to start looking for a place to buy next week so it might work out. Thanks! :thumbup:

Off to the bar...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey OMWT....hope your soakin up the sun in costa rica, and don't break too many hearts there! :D

lktm831 said:
any suggestions? helpful hints for the interview? i've never interviewed before, were there any specific questions I should be prepared for? i'm hoping to be c/o 2009 too! :D please advise!

linh

If one train leaves New York at 6:53pm on Thursday and another leaves from San Francisco at 10:26am Friday, there is a strong southern wind and a low front coming in from the north, then the train from New York has to make a stop to pick up some eggs in Nebraska, but doesn't get the full dozen so it has to move to Colorado to get the rest and the train from San Francisco has two dogs, one named scruffy and the other fluffy, how much change does each conductor have in their right pocket?

No, that one didn't come up, but you should read the interview feedback forum... ;)

Good luck!

DrB said:
If one train leaves New York at 6:53pm on Thursday and another leaves from San Francisco at 10:26am Friday, there is a strong southern wind and a low front coming in from the north, then the train from New York has to make a stop to pick up some eggs in Nebraska, but doesn't get the full dozen so it has to move to Colorado to get the rest and the train from San Francisco has two dogs, one named scruffy and the other fluffy, how much change does each conductor have in their right pocket?

No, that one didn't come up, but you should read the interview feedback forum... ;)

Good luck!
50 cents!?!?.... :eek:

Good advice DrB, the interview feedback forum is a great place to start. I would also recommend knowing your application packet front to back. Hope to see you guys next year! :luck:

DrB said:

Good luck!

DRB, YOUR THE MAN! :laugh:

Seriously though, the interview feedback helped alot, also know about the DO hospitals in your town. That was one question I was asked!!

The old days are gone...

But I still tease everyone that I am going to study Mafia medicine in Las Vegas (bullet extractions, Molotov burn treatments, and knee replacements). :laugh:

Well, I was redirected here by DrB...thanks, btw.:)

I plan to attend Touro in the fall, sooo just dropping a post to say hi and to introduce myself to everyone here. Glad to be a part of this community! :D

DoctorRama said:
Well, I was redirected here by DrB...thanks, btw.:)

Glad you found it! If you came this far... maybe you would like to go a little farther? We have a google list serve and an ezboard chat room just for us. It seems we don't use SDN that much anymore, but rest assured we have a great group of people for our class this Fall.

PM me if you have questions! ;)

-B

Definitely explore the wonders of our new school! There are so many opportunities and possibilities! I am very excited to attend Touro University-Nevada! Yeah :clap: :clap:

yeah, I'm really excited too...can't wait to graduate and start in the fall! :D

medicine1 said:
Definitely explore the wonders of our new school! There are so many opportunities and possibilities! I am very excited to attend Touro University-Nevada! Yeah :clap: :clap:

Hi everyone!

I'm very excited that I'm going to Nevada in August!! I was wondering what one has to do to join the google group since that seems to be where everyone is hanging out. Thanks!!! :)

I am very excited to go to Vegas this coming week.
I hope to see some of you there!
I still haven't seen the inside since May 2004.
It will be fun to have a look inside this time around!

ohhh you guys are so lucky to be meeting up this weekend! Too bad my spring quarter is starting this week, but have fun and take lots of pictures. :)

When are you moving to Nevada, Dr. Rama? I will probably move to Nevada early July.

I'm not sure! I think my parents and I are going to go to Henderson mid-June or so to scope out the living situation, but I'll probably make the move mid to end of July? Speaking of which, do you know when classes start? Maybe they told us already, but I don't know where to find the information about orientation or anything.

You can find it on the Dean's Message at TU-Nevada's website.
http://www.tucom.edu/nv/tunv.html
Dr. Forman wrote the following:

'Orientation for the class of 2009 will begin on Monday, August 8th at 8 A.M. and end on Wednesday, August 10th. It is a requirement that all students attend this orientation. Formal classes begin on Thursday, August 11th. I am planning to have a "White Coat Ceremony" on either Sunday, October 9th or 16th. You will be notified in the near future of the final date. This ceremony traditionally serves as a right of passage from neophyte to clinician. Some schools celebrate this event at the completion of the 2nd year of medical school but I favor doing it earlier. It is a wonderful experience to share with your family.'

EZB said:
Hey Everyone,

I tried to subscribe to the google group but my subscription is still pending -- does anyone know what I need to do to get approved/become a member?

Thanks!

EZB, when we get the list of accepted students, I suppose we will match you up and hook you up.

I will spread the word in our group that there are people who want in.

Our school is really growing! We will have nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech pathology, physician assistant, and osteopathic medical students attending Touro University-Nevada. That is really cool that Touro University-Nevada will have Dr. Crovetti around as well!
I was really hoping Touro University-Nevada would join UNLV to start a Pharm.D program, but their were politics and money involved.
I cannot wait to see what other things are in store for TU-Nevada.

medicine1 said:
Our school is really growing! We will have nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech pathology, physician assistant, and osteopathic medical students attending Touro University-Nevada. I know that the UNLV dental students already go to Touro for specific lessons. That is really cool that Touro University-Nevada will have Dr. Corvetti around as well!
I was really hoping Touro University-Nevada would join UNLV to start a Pharm.D program, but their were politics and money involved.
I cannot wait to see what other things are in store for TU-Nevada.

UNLV students go to Touro for specific lessons? I didn't know that! The only time I remember UNLV students visiting the campus was an optional meet and greet to let them visit our anatomy lab and to begin communications between the schools...

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

Perhaps I was just hearing things. I know in Dr Forman's Message, he wrote the following, "[TU-Nevada's] other partnerships are with the University Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy and UNLV's School of Dentistry."

I also spoke to a UNLV Dental student, and she told me that they would participate and or receive some instruction at Touro University.
:confused: :confused:

I may be dead wrong.
I apologize if I am.
Thanks for the input Brian :thumbup:

medicine1 said:
Perhaps I was just hearing things. I know in Dr Forman's Message, he wrote the following, "[TU-Nevada's] other partnerships are with the University Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy and UNLV's School of Dentistry."

I also spoke to a UNLV Dental student, and she told me that they would participate and or receive some instruction at Touro University.

I may be dead wrong.
I apologize if I am.

From what I understand from speaking with the anatomy department is that there have been talks of perhaps something going on here at TUNCOM Dept. of Anatomy and UNLV Dental. Granted, this was a while ago and I do not know what has come of it. Unless it has been formally announced from school administration, it is just rumor and/or still in the planning stage.

medicine1 said:

I may be dead wrong.
I apologize if I am.

In this message you use the word "would" which infers a potential or future activity. Dean Forman refers to partnerships with several schools, but he, nor anyone I have talked to has said anything to the effect of "I know that the UNLV dental students already go to Touro for specific lessons." I beleive that Student Doctor box29 has correctly assessed the situation when he says that "Unless it has been formally announced from school administration, it is just rumor and/or still in the planning stage."

I love my school more than anything, but I don't like it when misinformation is provided about my school, even though it may or may not increase its reputation.

That's it.

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

Just thought I would bump us back up... we are not dead... just talking at a better place...

DrB said:
Just thought I would bump us back up... we are not dead... just talking at a better place...

So I take it you are all chatting on the list serve...anyhoo, were you able to purchase a house, townhouse, or condo?

Well, its a sad, sad story...

I was in escrow for a condo, but within the last two weeks it went under litigation and my lender pulled out. I had already made plans to move (notice at work, notice at my apartment) within a few weeks I had to move... so I ended up renting.

Not so bad, I am at Timerlake, its nice here....

Just chillin for the rest of the summer!

I hope everyone is staying nice and cool indoors, or with the air conditioning on here in Vegas and Henderson, Nevada!!!

This heat is killer. I guess we are already reaching record highs!

Hmmm...my car said 113 degrees on Sunday. It is going to get worse folks. Roger is going to have an idea of the wait list ranking etc. in early June. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :luck: He said that 104 have paid both deposits so far. But that maybe 20-30 will come off the waitlist. I can't imagine anyone losing both deposits at this stage. What do you guys think? I'm a nervous wreck with only a few months left to go. :scared:

Hello All!

I just received an acceptance to Touro - Nevada in the mail yesterday! Class of 2005 here I come! (notified by email last Friday)

I have been reading the SDN message boards for some time now, but just signed up for an account today. My google groups account is still pending, but I hope to start getting caught up and posting there soon.

My elation and excitement at finally receiving an acceptance is starting to settle in, but is gradually being replaced by the sheer panic of realizing how much I have to do in the next couple of months.

I will obviously be sending in my deposit, and the other person that was accepted in my email will be accepting also. So for those who are counting, add two to the class size.

Marianne11 said:
Hmmm...my car said 113 degrees on Sunday. It is going to get worse folks. Roger is going to have an idea of the wait list ranking etc. in early June. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :luck: He said that 104 have paid both deposits so far. But that maybe 20-30 will come off the waitlist. I can't imagine anyone losing both deposits at this stage. What do you guys think? I'm a nervous wreck with only a few months left to go. :scared:
hey marianne, we have already had 1 guy change schools after paying both deposits...so there is still a chance :luck:

Congrats to the accepted and good luck to the waiting! Thanks for the donation from those who change schools after paying the deposits. :p

Marianne11, are you going to have to reapply in June or are you just waiting?

HopperAZ, congrats again, you are going to have a lot to read on google...

-B

Well if I don't get off the waitlist, I will be considered for early decision in August. I plan to retake the MCAT in that case and re-apply if I don't get in. I'm going to start the re-app process in July just in case. :)

DrB said:
Congrats to the accepted and good luck to the waiting! Thanks for the donation from those who change schools after paying the deposits. :p

-B
Hey B - hope you're doing well man. Always a pleasure to donate to a couple grand to a fine institute like Touro :D