TUCOM-CA (Touro University) Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all! Im a 4th year at Touro. I live in Berkeley and have some furniture (desk, futon, etc) and books I used for school to sell if anyone is interested. Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

DRUG SCREEN:

Hey TUCOM-CA 2020! Can anyone find recent info about whether there is an initial drug screen?

The language in the acceptance Response Form implies there is an initial drug screen. But it's vague, like they put in general language that they can use for Nursing and Pharmacy too. It reads, “I consent to submit to a background check and drug screen prior to or during my enrollment… The cost of the first background check and drug screen will be borne by Touro University.”

According to the old AACOMAS 2009 osteopathic medical college information book (CIB),
“TUCOM-CA does not require drug testing prior to matriculation. Some rotation sites, however, may require students to pass such a test prior to commencing their rotations.” The 2016 CIB does not give school-specific info about drug testing.

Please help!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
DRUG SCREEN:

Hey TUCOM-CA 2020! Can anyone find recent info about whether there is an initial drug screen?

The language in the acceptance Response Form implies there is an initial drug screen. But it's vague, like they put in general language that they can use for Nursing and Pharmacy too. It reads, “I consent to submit to a background check and drug screen prior to or during my enrollment… The cost of the first background check and drug screen will be borne by Touro University.”

According to the old AACOMAS 2009 osteopathic medical college information book (CIB),
“TUCOM-CA does not require drug testing prior to matriculation. Some rotation sites, however, may require students to pass such a test prior to commencing their rotations.” The 2016 CIB does not give school-specific info about drug testing.

Please help!
I had the same concerns.

I'm going to Touro this fall and have been assured there is no initial screen.

Hi, at the risk of having a duh moment or why-didn't-you-pay-attention moment but were we supposed to register for our classes already? If so, how do we pick our classes in the TouroOne portal? If not, when do we register or is it done for us?