***Official Roseman University Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I started a FB group to get to know people who are going to accept their offer or maybe would like to see who their fellow classmates could be.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/345183542520490/

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from Roseman today? i.e. Acceptances, alternate list emails, etc

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard about waitlists from roseman yet?

This was the only pre-December interview I had, and have not heard anything back yet; acceptance, waitlist, rejection or otherwise. This was my number 1 choice, so really hoping I get some (good) news soon.

This was the only pre-December interview I had, and have not heard anything back yet; acceptance, waitlist, rejection or otherwise. This was my number 1 choice, so really hoping I get some (good) news soon.
I am really hoping to get into Roseman too! I interviewed there last year and this year. Definitely my #1 choice as well. I had two interviews and got waitlisted at the other school. But I do not think Roseman has sent out waitlists yet. Haven't heard from anyone who has been waitlisted at least.

Just received an interview invitation.

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone give a comparison of Roseman vs. UUSOD? From my research, the programs are almost polar opposite. Roseman does the hybrid curriculum, Utah is traditional. Roseman is expensive, Utah is inexpensive (IS). Roseman is P/F, Utah is traditional. Roseman has an average class size, Utah has a smaller class. I'm wondering if anyone has insights to how the students are at both schools? Happy/Stressed?, More inclined to specialize or not?, Relationship with faculty?, etc.

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats and timeline!
submitted 18 Aug, took the DAT on the 19 Sep, AA19 TS20, GPA 3.5, lots of Extra Curricular/shadowing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have not heard anything since I paid the application fee.

Can someone give a comparison of Roseman vs. UUSOD? From my research, the programs are almost polar opposite. Roseman does the hybrid curriculum, Utah is traditional. Roseman is expensive, Utah is inexpensive (IS). Roseman is P/F, Utah is traditional. Roseman has an average class size, Utah has a smaller class. I'm wondering if anyone has insights to how the students are at both schools? Happy/Stressed?, More inclined to specialize or not?, Relationship with faculty?, etc.

Roseman students are stressed during test week the first few times because it's the first d school test. Everyone is nervous about getting that 90 but then you realize you are totally ready and maybe over studied. After that they find their groove and becomes less stressful. Sim lab was not stressful at all except for removable cause removable just sucks in general (sorry prost). They do a lot of preps in sim to grt you ready for the real deal. Once you hit 3rd year, clinic full time pretty much so no classes to worry about. When you see patients you get nervous of course cause it's your first time then it just gets easier. Just gotta study for boards and you're home free.

So basically not stressful.
Not too sure about the U, but they seem to be pretty clinically based during 3rd year. They say 4th year is pretty much like a one year residency but who knows since this is their first 4th year class.

submitted 18 Aug, took the DAT on the 19 Sep, AA19 TS20, GPA 3.5, lots of Extra Curricular/shadowing.
Thanks!
Can I also ask when you got your application under review email :)
Thanks in advance!!

Thanks!
Can I also ask when you got your application under review email :)
Thanks in advance!!

10 October

not sure if i am going to go, since I have already been accepted in my #1 choice.

Just invited for an interview. January 20th.

I wonder why no wait list has been sent out, I checked last years thread and it went out on Dec. 2nd. Maybe we will hear something (hopefully something good:xf:) today. Good luck everyone.

I wonder why no wait list has been sent out, I checked last years thread and it went out on Dec. 2nd. Maybe we will hear something (hopefully something good:xf:) today. Good luck everyone.
I saw that too about last year's waitlist. Can only assume that either they haven't put it together / released it yet, or that those who are on the waitlist are not on SDN (or at least have commented). Hoping it's the former, but with every day that passes, I worry that it's the latter; especially with more interview dates being released this week.

I saw that too about last year's waitlist. Can only assume that either they haven't put it together / released it yet, or that those who are on the waitlist are not on SDN (or at least have commented). Hoping it's the former, but with every day that passes, I worry that it's the latter; especially with more interview dates being released this week.
Good point , I tend to forget not everyone posts on SDN. Haha

Hey guys! How long is the interview day? What time should I book my returning flight? I interviewed here last year but from the invite email this time, it sounded different than last year. Lunch is offered too :)

Hey guys! How long is the interview day? What time should I book my returning flight? I interviewed here last year but from the invite email this time, it sounded different than last year. Lunch is offered too :)
It's somewhat long. If I remember right we didn't get out of there until 3 PM.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yeah mine went until 3:20pm. I wouldn't schedule any flight until at least after 6:30 pm. Good luck!

Yeah mine went until 3:20pm. I wouldn't schedule any flight until at least after 6:30 pm. Good luck!
Hmm, I have an interview at UDM the next morning and the latest flight that leaves to Detroit is at 5! Dang it! :|

Hmm, I have an interview at UDM the next morning and the latest flight that leaves to Detroit is at 5! Dang it! :|
You will have plenty of time. I changed my clothes in the school parking lot and was at the airport within an hour.

I'm sure you'll be ok! I just like to be on the safe side so I always leave 2 hours. I used Lyft and ended up waiting about 20 min for a ride because I waited until the end to schedule it. If you are renting a car that may be quicker or scheduling the Lyft for 3ish so it will be ready when you are done.

Question for current students. Please give an estimate of the amount of crowns, fillings, extractions, root canals, etc you do during your D3 year? I'm trying to compare Roseman and MidWesterns clinical experiences. I'm aware that Roseman has really picked up the game clinically recently.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

so any news for anyone on waitlists??
Hey I saw that you interviewed there last year. I was too. How was your interview this time different from last year? Thank you for sharing and good luck :)

Hey I saw that you interviewed there last year. I was too. How was your interview this time different from last year? Thank you for sharing and good luck :)
Last year I interviewed on November 20. It was a shorter interview and it was more of a presentation and less interactive. This year I interviewed on Sept 30 and it was a lot longer. They focused more on having a "Roseman Experience" this year than last. Also I have not heard anything about waitlists yet. I have been waitlisted at UDM but that is it so far.

I'm assuming that there still hasn't been any updates yet for those of us who interviewed but weren't accepted on Dec 1? I'm guessing that we probably won't get any updates until the deposit deadline passes now in the new year?

I'm assuming that there still hasn't been any updates yet for those of us who interviewed but weren't accepted on Dec 1? I'm guessing that we probably won't get any updates until the deposit deadline passes now in the new year?
Possibly. You can always call and ask to see how much of the class is filled up. Remember, they can accept you on orientation week so don't feel like it's the end of the world because you didn't hear back dec

just so everyone knows their campus is closed from now until the 1 of Jan.

can people who got accepted please post stats? I just want to know if i might still be in the running for this school
Stats: 3.2sGPA 3.3oGPA
20AA 21TS nothing below 19

can people who got accepted please post stats? I just want to know if i might still be in the running for this school
Stats: 3.2sGPA 3.3oGPA
20AA 21TS nothing below 19

21 AA TS 20 PA 22
GPA 3.4

Be patient :) good things coming your way

Just wondering for those who had interviews were all your interviewers really talkative? One of my interviewers and the student were really upbeat and talkative but the other interviewer didn't say a thing the whole time. It made me nervous and made me feel like my interview didn't go well.

Just wondering for those who had interviews were all your interviewers really talkative? One of my interviewers and the student were really upbeat and talkative but the other interviewer didn't say a thing the whole time. It made me nervous and made me feel like my interview didn't go well.

They were short and that caught me off guard. I left knowing it wasn't my best interview performance but it was good enough

The faculty member that interviewed me was serious and not very chatty, just interested in asking the questions. I was so nervous and thought it was disastrous but ended up getting accepted.

They were short and that caught me off guard. I left knowing it wasn't my best interview performance but it was good enough

The faculty member that interviewed me was serious and not very chatty, just interested in asking the questions. I was so nervous and thought it was disastrous but ended up getting accepted.

Thanks! Congrats to you both for getting in!

Do you remember his name? Was it a dr. Jones?

Do you remember his name? Was it a dr. Jones?

I have no clue. I was so nervous and was hoping nobody at the interview asked "who was your interviewer?" because I forgot his name as soon as I heard it

I have no clue. I was so nervous and was hoping nobody at the interview asked "who was your interviewer?" because I forgot his name as soon as I heard it
I guess you will meet him again soon!

I had Dr. Richard (and someone else + a student) and they were all very stoic and just asked super straight forward questions. They barely nodded while I answered them or smiled so I could barley gauge how it was going. They even asked a few weird questions about my desire to be very involved with community dentistry like "How would you fund something like that?" or "Describe your economic plan to be able to volunteer in the community and pay off student loans". I have legit never had or heard of questions like this before so it caught me very off guard and was probably the weakest of my interviews. My friends, current dental students, later told me Dr. Richard is known for giving students a really hard time.... lol. For an interview day that exuded positive energy and how much good feedback I had heard about the interviews, I was pretty disappointed with my interview atmosphere.... and I really felt like the answers I gave were really good! ... At least they were good enough to get me into a few other strong schools, but I guess not Roseman :/ I'm also really disappointed we haven't heard anything back about waitlist information yet...

I had Dr. Richard (and someone else + a student) and they were all very stoic and just asked super straight forward questions. They barely nodded while I answered them or smiled so I could barley gauge how it was going. They even asked a few weird questions about my desire to be very involved with community dentistry like "How would you fund something like that?" or "Describe your economic plan to be able to volunteer in the community and pay off student loans". I have legit never had or heard of questions like this before so it caught me very off guard and was probably the weakest of my interviews. My friends, current dental students, later told me Dr. Richard is known for giving students a really hard time.... lol. For an interview day that exuded positive energy and how much good feedback I had heard about the interviews, I was pretty disappointed with my interview atmosphere.... and I really felt like the answers I gave were really good! ... At least they were good enough to get me into a few other strong schools, but I guess not Roseman :/ I'm also really disappointed we haven't heard anything back about waitlist information yet...
Omg you got Richards'd. My prayers go out to you.

That sounds intimidating it would be hard go answer financial questions when put on the spot! At least you felt good about your answers (I didn't feel I answered them that great). There is still a lot of time for you to hear good news from Roseman and congrats on your other acceptance offers!!

That sounds intimidating it would be hard go answer financial questions when put on the spot! At least you felt good about your answers (I didn't feel I answered them that great). There is still a lot of time for you to hear good news from Roseman and congrats on your other acceptance offers!!
Thanks, and best of luck to you this cycle as well! :) I'm sure we'll all do great. The dog is adorable btw.

has anyone heard anything about waitlists yet?