Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
12985512_1274042549276688_4948131157769232337_n.jpg
!
Rabbioli! Give me the formuoili!!!

spongebobhasidic2.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I think @Healer@1994 has reached a meme level thought to be unmemeable

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Requesting scholarships from schools: Phone call or e-mail?

Reactions: 1 user
Oh man, really having a love-hate relationship with PChem right now. I did really well on our first two exams but just straight up bombed the third exam. Just got my worst undergrad grade ever, haha. The discrepancy between my last grade and this one is almost comical. At least I can still feasibly get an A! You live and you learn, haha

Oh man, really having a love-hate relationship with PChem right now. I did really well on our first two exams but just straight up bombed the third exam. Just got my worst undergrad grade ever, haha. The discrepancy between my last grade and this one is almost comical. At least I can still feasibly get an A! You live and you learn, haha
What happened on the most recent exam?

It happens. Bad days happen, things beyond your control happen, etc. You just have to adapt and overcome.

I read " did really well on the first exam" and stopped reading.
This is PChem!!! Which, for anybody who is not a Chemical Engineer, is a "D's get degrees" class.

This is PChem!!! Which, for anybody who is not a Chemical Engineer, is a "D's get degrees" class.
... Except it still gets factored into your BCPM

Reactions: 3 users
... Except it still gets factored into your BCPM
I'm jelly of how well she's doing, relative to everyone I know whose taking it.

meh the difficulty is overstated. it depends on a good textbook and doing a lot of practice problems. i used the McQuarrie text which was solid.

What happened on the most recent exam?

It's on me. I had a particular bad week (really, a couple of bad weeks) and just didn't study as much as I should have for it. To be fair to myself, the particular material that was on it was a lot less intuitive for me than past exams. Things have calmed down a bit now, so I can focus more on acing the final, which is not cumulative (thankfully) and is on material that I like a lot better (kinetics and quantum mechanics).

It happens. Bad days happen, things beyond your control happen, etc. You just have to adapt and overcome.

Exactly! I'm not beating myself up for it too much. I've learned my lesson and will not make the same mistakes again.

To be fair, us biochemistry majors have our own version that's not nearly as challenging as the one for chem-eng and chemistry majors. I'm not complaining - I will most likely still be able to pull off an A/A-. I was just bummed at myself - it happens.

meh the difficulty is overstated. it depends on a good textbook and doing a lot of practice problems. i used the McQuarrie text which was solid.

I actually agree with this. Except for this past exam, I have found things to be pretty intuitive if I practice enough.

It's on me. I had a particular bad week (really, a couple of bad weeks) and just didn't study as much as I should have for it. To be fair to myself, the particular material that was on it was a lot less intuitive for me than past exams. Things have calmed down a bit now, so I can focus more on acing the final, which is not cumulative (thankfully) and is on material that I like a lot better (kinetics and quantum mechanics).

Exactly! I'm not beating myself up for it too much. I've learned my lesson and will not make the same mistakes again.

To be fair, us biochemistry majors have our own version that's not nearly as challenging as the one for chem-eng and chemistry majors. I'm not complaining - I will most likely still be able to pull off an A/A-. I was just bummed at myself - it happens.

I actually agree with this. Except for this past exam, I have found things to be pretty intuitive if I practice enough.
OOhh, see at my state school, they're all lumped together, which I saw as a major problem.

Thought there would be more fans on SDN :p.

Check out the Anime/Manga thread in the Lounge.

I can't answer your question since I tend to rank anime by genre, nostalgia, etc. I like too many :)

Top 5 anime of all time go

In no particular order

Elfen Lied*
Hetalia axis powers
Paranoia agent
Code geass
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Last edited:
In no particular order

Ellen lied
Hetalia axis powers
Paranoia agent
Code geass
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

I love paranoia agent. Haruhi is a great one, although endless 8 second season got pretty tedious.

Idk if I really have a top either, would have to be by genre but the ones that are sort of nearest and dearest would have to be Bebop, Gurenn Lagan, FLCL, Monster, and Steins: Gate.

Top 5 anime of all time go
For me...

1. Samurai Champloo
2. Angel Beats
3. Gurren Lagann
4. Sword Art Online
5. FMA Brotherhood

I watched the first few episodes of Steinsgate and got really bored, but everyone seems to like it a lot so maybe I'll give it another go.

For me...

1. Samurai Champloo
2. Angel Beats
3. Gurren Lagann
4. Sword Art Online
5. FMA Brotherhood

I watched the first few episodes of Steinsgate and got really bored, but everyone seems to like it a lot so maybe I'll give it another go.

It takes a bit to get going, but it's worth it to stay to the end, although you also have to watch the movie afterwards to get a more "satisfying" ending. Samurai Champloo is up there for me as well but not associated with my childhood enough to be wrapped up in nostalgia

It takes a bit to get going, but it's worth it to stay to the end, although you also have to watch the movie afterwards to get a more "satisfying" ending. Samurai Champloo is up there for me as well but not associated with my childhood enough to be wrapped up in nostalgia
Yeah, I think I will. Also wanna watch Cowboy Bebop at some point. What did you like about FLCL?