Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, I think I will. Also wanna watch Cowboy Bebop at some point. What did you like about FLCL?

FLCL was the first non-shounen anime (shounen is like Naruto, DBZ, One Piece for the uninitiated in this thread) I ever saw. I had a lot of trouble sleeping as a young teenager and it was on Adult Swim when I woke up in the middle of the night. The first episode I saw was the last and I just remember never seeing anything like it at all. Considering that it's one big allegory for teen angst, it's likely that it spoke to me on a very subconscious level as well. So there's all of that.

But I think that there's a lot to love about FLCL. I'm a huge fan of short stories and FLCL is analogous to that. I feel the best short stories create a rich world in an instant for you through both extreme ambiguity and clearly defined boundaries. The sleepiness and nowhereness of Mabase captured the dreariness and frustration of living in suburbia (which I strongly identified with), but the small lore-drops about some massive alien conspiracy, space pirates etc, and interdimensional robots gives you just enough info to know what's going on while leaving the story bare bones enough to spend more time focusing on the characters and their development. The art style is such that only Gainax could've produced it and the soundtrack by the Pillows is fantastic.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Randomly got a call last night from my step dad that one of his friends wants me to tutor his daughter (she's in college) in math. She needs help in calf and has finals in a month. I've been tutoring people at my command for free, but they are gonna pay me $50/hr. Pretty nice.

And I get to talk about calculus! Most of my tutoring is in precalc stuff. I miss talking about differentiation and related rates and ****, which is what she needs.

theApology1.png

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Randomly got a call last night from my step dad that one of his friends wants me to tutor his daughter (she's in college) in math. She needs help in calf and has finals in a month. I've been tutoring people at my command for free, but they are gonna pay me $50/hr. Pretty nice.

And I get to talk about calculus! Most of my tutoring is in precalc stuff. I miss talking about differentiation and related rates and ****, which is what she needs.

One of my friends tutors ppl at 50$ an hr in high school US history. Sweet gig.

@sullen-burger it depends on whichever is higher quality or available. Lots of dubs are ****. Lots of subs sound weird to me

@Lucca pretty much the only anime I've ever watched: Pokemon, DBZ, a little bit of Yu Gi Oh, and Supercampeones. I also watched One Punch Man rather recently just for the heck of it and thought that it was pretty funny.

Members don't see this ad :)
I like the new one on mobile, but not on desktop for some reason!

Am I the only here who doesn't use her phone while in the bathroom? Isn't that kind of gross?
Addendum: Also, aren't you afraid it'll fall into the toilet?

How is it any more gross than keeping your toothbrush in the bathroom?
Well, see, I don't touch my toothbrush while I'm on the toilet.
that's why
Also , I'd be less afraid of dropping my toothbrush in the toilet than my phone
I really hope that was a rhetorical question...but sarcasm travels poorly over the electrons

At one point, in the the second quarter, while sitting on the bench, CJ McCollum had this priceless "I know we're gonna lose this gorram game" look on his face lol. And this was after dropping like 30 in less than 20 minutes.
That backcourt can light it up. Props to them! But after today, I'm not too worried about the Blazers especially if we play defense like we did in the second half!

Well, see, I don't touch my toothbrush while I'm on the toilet.
that's why
Also , I'd be less afraid of dropping my toothbrush in the toilet than my phone
I really hope that was a rhetorical question...but sarcasm travels poorly over the electrons

You keep your toothbrush in the bathroom, yes? If you think using your phone on the toilet is gross, why do you keep your toothbrush in the same room you poop?

I have literally never dropped my phone in the toilet nor do I know anyone who has. It's really not hard. The toilet doesn't have such exceptional mass that it alters the local gravity or something.

You keep your toothbrush in the bathroom, yes? If you think using your phone on the toilet is gross, why do you keep your toothbrush in the same room you poop?

I have literally never dropped my phone in the toilet nor do I know anyone who has. It's really not hard. The toilet doesn't have such exceptional mass that it alters the local gravity or something.
Yeah but your dirty hands are touching the phone.....

My poop does

Fair enough.
Maybe I'm a bit weird in this sense.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
You do realize that in learning medicine, you'll have to be regularly sticking fingers up patients' butts right? Gross comes with the territory.

You do realize that in learning medicine, you'll have to be regularly sticking fingers up patients' butts right? Gross comes with the territory.

Sure,but posing while on the pooper is something I can still see as weird.

It doesnt help that bidets -- clearly, the more sanitary and rational option for personal hygiene -- are not common in the United States.

They are in Pakistan!!!

It doesnt help that bidets -- clearly, the more sanitary and rational option for personal hygiene -- are not common in the United States.

Hopefully no one reports this post, but assisting on colonoscopies is why I'll never put it in the butt.

Reactions: 2 users