**Official Pacific Class of 2010**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Golden Gate Park allows beer and wine only. Hard liquor or kegs aren't permitted. The easier thing to do may be to have someone living at the Presidio host the party. That place is like one huge park anyway and you're allowed to drink anything you want in the building.

drinks are allowed at the pacific apts, right?:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the congrats on graduation!

So...are we planning a whole new "pre-funk" party in addition to the one at the Golden Gate Park...or are we talking about the same party?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's why they plant bushes in parks :D

no...that's not why they plant bushes. If you want to walk with me through the park one night...I'll show you why they plant bushes

Anyone have any non-dental related goals during school?

I really want to exercise more and regain some of my strength in my left arm and shoulder.

Also, I want to learn to cook and learn to play slap guitar like Kaki King

for bush diving! And that is not a euphemism sickos

I really want to exercise more and regain some of my strength in my left arm and shoulder.

I need to lose the 20 pounds I gained during undergrad, and I want to see more of San Francisco than the 10 block radius around Pacific.

I don't care if you put a disclaimer. That's funny. :D

:)

there's a really good rock climbing gym in the mission that I'll be checking out if you guys are interested.

What did you do to your shoulder? I had to get surgery on my right shoulder and it's not any better than pre-surgery :( If your arm can handle it, climbing is great for upper body strength.

I want to learn how to thrive with 4-5 hours of sleep per weeknight; I always whined like a baby and sulked when I didn't get the 7 hours I liked in undergrad; anyone here have any good tips on how to do this? :rolleyes:

Also I'm bringing tennis rackets, if anyone is up for a bad game. Bad game only, no skills allowed.

Members don't see this ad :)
for bush diving! And that is not a euphemism sickos

Where I am from and where this sport originated, bush diving is called Hedgecore. There is a song about it. My favorites are the one and a half backflip off a park bench or the swing swing plop manuevers.

:)

there's a really good rock climbing gym in the mission that I'll be checking out if you guys are interested.

What did you do to your shoulder? I had to get surgery on my right shoulder and it's not any better than pre-surgery :( If your arm can handle it, climbing is great for upper body strength.

I'd love to do fke rock climbing. I had a neck injury that flared up so for a couple weeks my left arm and shoulder was more or less useless. I also had to ice it a lot...I think the combination caused a bit of atrophy. It's funny to see how different I look depending on which side I'm looking at.

I want to learn how to thrive with 4-5 hours of sleep per weeknight; I always whined like a baby and sulked when I didn't get the 7 hours I liked in undergrad; anyone here have any good tips on how to do this? :rolleyes:

These tips are in increasing order of effectiveness:
Tip #1 - Lots of Coffee
Tip #2 - Lots of Coffee and No Doze
Tip #3 - Live with Party Animals who don't care how much you whine and bitch...you're going out.
Tip #4 - Drink 1 cup of a 3 year olds blood once a day
Tip #5 - Become a Coke Head (Note: this is only effective for about 3 months before it becomes counter productive)

Also I'm bringing tennis rackets, if anyone is up for a bad game. Bad game only, no skills allowed.

I can hit a ball 32% of the time. I think I'm in.

I can hit a ball 32% of the time. I think I'm in.

Perfect. Anything over 50% and you will be issued Tequila shot handicaps

I've seriously always wanted to try rock climbing, so if you're willing to go with a total noob then I'm in.

I love noobs. Makes me feel like I actually know something. Although I pretty much know nothing because I only climbed for a year, and that was...over 5 years ago. And unfortunately many pounds ago :p That's okay, give us a bit and we'll be lean and mean cavity fighting machines.

haha, rock climbing makes my fingers hurt... i tried it when i was a frosh in undergrad. i'll be willing to do it again though, i'm so out of shape.

as for tennis, HAHA i TOTALLY suck... but i bought a new racquet a few months ago and i'd feel bad if i didn't use it. so who's up for getting smacked in the mouth while playing doubles? =P we'll all get practice doing root canals and crowns on you if you become my partner. =P

haha, rock climbing makes my fingers hurt... i tried it when i was a frosh in undergrad. i'll be willing to do it again though, i'm so out of shape.

as for tennis, HAHA i TOTALLY suck... but i bought a new racquet a few months ago and i'd feel bad if i didn't use it. so who's up for getting smacked in the mouth while playing doubles? =P we'll all get practice doing root canals and crowns on you if you become my partner. =P

Sweet! Jeff will be your partner :D

I'd be down to learn how to rockclimb...and I could use the exercise too! I thought I would try to start running again as a last ditch effort to "get in shape" before school starts.

I can't believe we are finally about to start dental school!!! :cool:

Perfect. Anything over 50% and you will be issued Tequila shot handicaps

Do I need to buy my own handicap shots...cause if they are supplied...I definitely hit over 50% while sober.

These tips are in increasing order of effectiveness:
Tip #1 - Lots of Coffee
Tip #2 - Lots of Coffee and No Doze
Tip #3 - Live with Party Animals who don't care how much you whine and bitch...you're going out.
Tip #4 - Drink 1 cup of a 3 year olds blood once a day
Tip #5 - Become a Coke Head (Note: this is only effective for about 3 months before it becomes counter productive)

I've already taken care of Tip #4 as I was born in Transylvania; not joking about the latter statement...

No Doze, huh? I'm afraid to try it b/c I'm reminded of that episode in Saved By the Bell where Jesse goes crazy after taking caffeine pills. Anyone else remember that episode?

No Doze, huh? I'm afraid to try it b/c I'm reminded of that episode in Saved By the Bell where Jesse goes crazy after taking caffeine pills. Anyone else remember that episode?

No, but i used to love that show. Zach was hot.

Haha, taking a nodoz is no different than drinking a cup of coffee, except you have to pay less and coffee stains your teeth :)

decided to intrude on your uop thread

kaki king is freakin amazing...i've been trying to learn to play like that for a year now...she's just too plain ridiculous

you guys seem like a cool group. enjoy your last week before school.

I definitely remember that episode. If thats not great acting i dont know what is. "I'm so excited. Im so ... scared" oh jessie spano. now thats rich and compelling

Kaki King and John Butler Trio at the fillmore saturday and sunday night if anyone is interested. ill be there.

Kaki King and John Butler Trio at the fillmore saturday and sunday night if anyone is interested. ill be there.

hey thanks for the heads up, they're at the wiltern tonight...think im gonna go check them out

hey thanks for the heads up, they're at the wiltern tonight...think im gonna go check them out

I missed them in SD...they were here on Wednesday.

Has anyone heard of Kelli Rudick. She's pretty awesome too, but not quite as well known or skilled as Kaki King. I remember she used to live in SD and I was playing in a band that played a lot of dive bars. Well, this little girl gets on stage with her acousdtic guitar right before us and a bunch of fast post-punk bands were about to go on. She wasn't on the original playlist, so we had no idea who she was. She busts into slap guitar the way Victor Wooten would hit a bass and every band member in the room started looking at each other quietly saying...I don't want to go on next...you go on next.

Has anyone heard of Kelli Rudick. She's pretty awesome too, but not quite as well known or skilled as Kaki King. I remember she used to live in SD and I was playing in a band that played a lot of dive bars. Well, this little girl gets on stage with her acousdtic guitar right before us and a bunch of fast post-punk bands were about to go on. She wasn't on the original playlist, so we had no idea who she was. She busts into slap guitar the way Victor Wooten would hit a bass and every band member in the room started looking at each other quietly saying...I don't want to go on next...you go on next.

You should check out justin king on you tube. he plays a lot of slap guitar like kaki

Just curious how many c/o 2010ers we have in this thread. Add yourself to the list. If any of these people aren't 2010ers take them off. :)

1. armorshell
2. djeffreyt
3. GoDucks69
4. pine88
5. wizziefiend
6. jmick101
7. dudewhensmydat
8. 4thQtrDreams
9. catytweety
11. aznxhon3y
12. livinthedream
13. Fulcrum77
14. cbc32
15. Sinner Saint
16. californiarose
17. sdgurl
18. bwestern

I don't care if you put a disclaimer. That's funny. :D

FYI, the people "doing it" at night time in the park generally speaking are not "bush diving." This is San Francisco we're talking about.

She's very good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Dg5rOBUJo

Looks like a hybrid of taping and slap bass, but much less annoying the EVH.

She's very good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Dg5rOBUJo

Looks like a hybrid of taping and slap bass, but much less annoying the EVH.

Yeah...I've seen that video and a couple others of her on Youtube...but I never felt they did her any justice. Maybe I'm just having dreamy memories of her performances live...but I always thought she played way better in my memory.

Here's why flying standby sucks:

You get to the airport an hour and a half early and you're the only standby person checked in. They start calling names and you feel like a shoe-in, 3-4 four names go by and no one walks up to the counter. You're preactically already on the plane. 4 more names, two people up to the desk. Okay, you're starting to wonder what's going on. There were only three people listed for the flight at all. 5 more names go by and they finally find a person to fill the third seat.

Oh, and as a consolation prize, the last flight of the day is delayed two hours. Enjoy your (non)flight :(

Here's why flying standby sucks:

You get to the airport an hour and a half early and you're the only standby person checked in. They start calling names and you feel like a shoe-in, 3-4 four names go by and no one walks up to the counter. You're preactically already on the plane. 4 more names, two people up to the desk. Okay, you're starting to wonder what's going on. There were only three people listed for the flight at all. 5 more names go by and they finally find a person to fill the third seat.

Oh, and as a consolation prize, the last flight of the day is delayed two hours. Enjoy your (non)flight :(

The remedy: get piss-drunk before boarding...:thumbup::D

The remedy: get piss-drunk before boarding...:thumbup::D

I find being woken up by the janitorial staff after passing out in airport toilets to be a great way to start a trip...or at least be really really late for a trip.

uh oh....we're no where close to 1000 yet and it's almost the end of the month. I can only do so much since I can only access the internet at work now.

Yes, I'm at work right now. I am dropping off some stuff I "borrowed" the other day.

looks like we need another hot button topic...

What are you afraid of for dental school?

I'm afraid that my bedroom that I'm moving in to in a few days is really the size of a shoebox.

I'm afraid that my recent inability to remember simple messages and tasks is a sign my memory is going away and I will do badly in school.

I'm afraid that school will interfere with my beer pong training.

I'm afraid of certain alumni who I know are going to visit me while I'm in school and expect I can actually hang out with them.

I'm afraid the water is too cold and there will be now good place to sand skim.

And...mostly, I'm afraid Armor will kill me because he believes if he kills me, he will become me.

I'm afraid of everyone visiting me while I'm busy...

Everyone and their mother told me they want to visit me while I'm away at school in SF; what gives? I always respond with: "SF is a chill place; If I can, I'd be more than happy to hang out with you while you're there."

I'm afraid of everyone visiting me while I'm busy...

Everyone and their mother told me they want to visit me while I'm away at school in SF; what gives? I always respond with: "SF is a chill place; If I can, I'd be more than happy to hang out with you while you're there."

Me too! So many people that said they are going to visit,and so many that said "I need to introduce you to my friend so-and-so."

As for beer pong, we are off to a good start tonight. Had my first Bar None experience :thumbup:

As for beer pong, we are off to a good start tonight. Had my first Bar None experience :thumbup:

lol, good times, good times. =) we need to do it again. =P

Me too! So many people that said they are going to visit,and so many that said "I need to introduce you to my friend so-and-so."

Seriously....I'm kinda hoping most people are flakes cause I'm suddenly having people I haven;t seen or spoken with in over 5 years finding out I'm moving to SF and emailing me to tell me they are there too and we should meet up for X and Y...jesus...I'm gonna be a little busy with school and stuff.

Bar none...mmmmmmmmmmm

Seriously....I'm kinda hoping most people are flakes cause I'm suddenly having people I haven;t seen or spoken with in over 5 years finding out I'm moving to SF and emailing me to tell me they are there too and we should meet up for X and Y...jesus...I'm gonna be a little busy with school and stuff.

Bar none...mmmmmmmmmmm

It's funny how we're all experiencing the same scenarios; As for myself, I'm spending my last day in SoCal today; I'll see you guys on Saturday.

oh no, 2nd page rescue. We'll never reach 1000 this way!

I cant wait until I get out there and start my pong training, my skills right now are probably down right embarassing.

Does anyone want to go to an oakland A's game next week? I believe they have home games all week. My wife and I are going so if anyone wants to go just let me know.