**Official Pacific Class of 2010**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Currently mine are in bleach/glycerin/water mishmash. This is what happens when you get used to graduated cylinders and other precision metric glassware then try to make solutions with measuring cups and spoons.

How many pints are in a quart? *head explodes*

Members don't see this ad.

Sherm will probably know but honestly as long as the teeth aren't in something that is going to cause them to demineralize it won't matter. The bleach is just so that when you take them out and are handling them they aren't full of bacteria and nastiness. Just throw it all together and you will be fine. That guidebook is updated every year by the current first year class so if they put that go ahead and go with it but ultimately the combo won't affect your endo abilities down the line.

thanx jugga!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So, you guys know how I'm pretty prevalent on the "interforums?"

I just felt it would be a good idea to let everyone know that I'm going to Mexico for a week, lest any search parties be sent because I don't post every 2-3 hours.

Have a good week nerds. :p

Lets all post mean things about Armor so he'll have lots of reading material to come back to. I'll start.

Armor makes Bill Gates look like stud of the year.

Lets all post mean things about Armor so he'll have lots of reading material to come back to. I'll start.

Armor makes Bill Gates look like stud of the year.

Armor's social life revolves around calculating lenders' rates on Microsoft Excel when he should be performing his duties at work...:laugh: It's good we have someone to crank out numbers for us while attending UOP cuz I won't.

Seriously, Armor; you rock.:thumbup:

I've never met anyone who could read a completely random post on SDN and then somehow...within seconds...find an obscure internet image to use to somehow make the random post even funnier. For example...if Armor wasn't on vacation he'd be able to find this:

10 midgets mud-wrestling on top of a high wire held up by three transvestite Albanians whose faces are smiley face masks. All of this hovering over a question mark shaped pool of oil with 50,000 alligators in it.

That's right...if Armor were here, we'd have an image in the next post...alas...he's gone.

I've never met anyone who could read a completely random post on SDN and then somehow...within seconds...find an obscure internet image to use to somehow make the random post even funnier. For example...if Armor wasn't on vacation he'd be able to find this:

10 midgets mud-wrestling on top of a high wire held up by three transvestite Albanians whose faces are smiley face masks. All of this hovering over a question mark shaped pool of oil with 50,000 alligators in it.

That's right...if Armor were here, we'd have an image in the next post...alas...he's gone.

Armor's SDN addiction and knack for finding the right internet picture will surely be missed.

I am just curious about something. My wife and I seem to be freaking out more about our housing situation than we did about actually getting into Dental school. Anyone else feel similarly?

When people ask when we are moving, we have to say "Sometime before July 6th, other than that, cant tell ya." Things just keep changing and it kind of sucks. For instance, we first thought we were going to live at the Presidio (rejected), then the Lofts in San Rafael (denied, no more BMR's), then Lone Palms (no word back), and now the Ridgeway in Sausalito. I am in the middle of an application packet that is seriously longer than a Government security clearance form.

Oh well, I guess I should look on the bright side- I would rather be dealing with these housing issues than not (meaning I didnt get into school.)

No Jmick...must just be you.

I mean, you have a facebook account...People are freaking out about it. I just spoke to one of our future classmates who is totally freaked about it, and another friend of mine ditched out of work a week early just to start looking for housing cause he was so nervous...you're not alone...but thus far, I haven't heard of any Pacific Students who wanted housing somewhere, that didn't get it (with the exception of the guy who slept in his car for a few weeks and the last minute acceptance who found out he got in the day classes started...and even he found housing within a week)

Finding housing has been a big pain, but it looks like it's finally coming together. I'll know after next week when I go to SF anyways...good luck with your house/apt hunting :luck:

Yeah, the Facebook group is rad. Mostly my wife checks it and keeps me posted. Lots of good stuff there.

Part of the apprehension in moving is that I am kind of just going to go and the first I will see of the place is when we move in. I hope I dont get greeted by overlarge cockroaches having a poker tournament in the living room like my last apartment (man have I got some crazy stories about these Arizona roaches!). Things will work out though.

Mainly I am just stressing about my man Kirilinko getting posterized by Baron Davis last night. Eeesshhh.

Your wife reports to you about what happens in facebook? Is she gonna take notes for you in class too while you watch the kids? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody, are there any mothers in our class?If so then happy mother's day:)
I am going on a 1 month trip just before school starts;I leave on May 28th and be back on June 27th (probably no one thinks it's the best time do do so!!!) So, I was wondering if there are still anymore paperworks that need to be taken care of. I got the presidio housing and sent the lease to school last week; I'm done with my Medical Exams; I have not yet received my financial aid package of loans and stuff (I called and I was told I should get it this coming week). So, are there still a lot left or you think I can manage it?

Finding housing in SF is a real pain in the ass. especially nowadays. the housing market has cooled, which means the rental market is red hot. i go to open houses, and there are like 20 people there all kissing up to the landlord....

all i got to say is, act fast!

jmick....are you positive you want to live up in sausalito? the commute may be a bit intense. have you looked into the richmond district? you can find some decengt spots for families out there.

Jmick, there are 8 to 10 graduating seniors moving out of the Lofts and Lone Palm in June. I'd keep trying. Most of them have BMR housing that will probably become available when they move out.

Be careful with storing your teeth in bleach. It will dehyrdate the tooth and make it prone to fracturing. Happened to a 3rd year during his WREB exam 2 weeks ago--not cool.

Jmick, there are 8 to 10 graduating seniors moving out of the Lofts and Lone Palm in June. I'd keep trying. Most of them have BMR housing that will probably become available when they move out.
We are on the list for Lofts but they said there is only a slim chance a two bedroom will open up. The lady told my wife that they had too many two bedroom BMRs so when the current residents moved, they weren't going to be BMR units anymore. As for Lone Palm, we are putting our app in this week after waiting forever to get the paperwork. No one ever seems to answer the phone in that office.

Was I supposed to send in a $500 deposit with my Pacific Apartments lease?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are too funny. I have no idea if you are or aren't supposed to send money...I just think you are hilarious. It reminds me of driving in a car with my friend yesterday and she ran a stop sign and then turned to me and said...was I supposed to stop there?

I think you were...at least I did but Im not sure if they cashed it yet. I should just give Pacific my account number so they can just take rape my account every time I get paid.

just ask your work to makes your checks out to pacific and have them sent directly to the school.

just ask your work to makes your checks out to pacific and have them sent directly to the school.

I probably should, it will save some paperwork and the cost of stamps, which I believe is going up.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are too funny. I have no idea if you are or aren't supposed to send money...I just think you are hilarious. It reminds me of driving in a car with my friend yesterday and she ran a stop sign and then turned to me and said...was I supposed to stop there?

Whoooops...my bad :oops: :D

thumbs.gif

I called today and we do move in the pacific apartments before matriculation day. The date depends on the cleaning schedule but at least it will be at least 1-2 weeks before. Just some info if anyone needed it.

I called today and we do move in the pacific apartments before matriculation day. The date depends on the cleaning schedule but at least it will be at least 1-2 weeks before. Just some info if anyone needed it.

Yes! Sweet! I'm glad I'll have a couple weeks to hang out in SF and get accomodated.

So is true that one has to have these stellar grades to get into UoP? I have read small article and read of dental forums where UoP doesn't accept sub 3.4gpas and sub 19's on the DAT.

Just a thought!

Marion

So is true that one has to have these stellar grades to get into UoP? I have read small article and read of dental forums where UoP doesn't accept sub 3.4gpas and sub 19's on the DAT.

Just a thought!

Marion

False and False. We're not all the same, but it definitely is less likely for a person to get in with low DAT scores and low GPAs...

Just a thought!

Marion

The rumors I had heard were that they care a lot about DAT and not as much about GPA. Seems to be true when you look at the acceptance stat comparison (in the "Ratings" thread) with other schools

Wow without Armor we fell all the way back onto the 4th page :eek: :scared: :eek:

How are the preparations going everyone? I can't believe it's only about a month till I'm outta here.

Hey guys what's up? Cancun was great, I got a sunburn so epic that I had to go from the plane straight to the emergency room. 2nd degree all over my back and I have little tingley daggers shooting out of it every few seconds or so. Oh, I also got some sweet pictures, which I will share later.

58314o2lvw7y6yx.jpg

Welcome back buddy.

Are you serious about the emergency room? Wow, if you ever come to Hawaii you will have to prep and hit the tanning booth...for a month.

Glad you made it out of there with most of your skin

Hey guys what's up? Cancun was great, I got a sunburn so epic that I had to go from the plane straight to the emergency room. 2nd degree all over my back and I have little tingley daggers shooting out of it every few seconds or so. Oh, I also got some sweet pictures, which I will share later.

There goes some of your anonymity...we now know you are whiter than arctic snow.

Welcome back buddy.

Are you serious about the emergency room? Wow, if you ever come to Hawaii you will have to prep and hit the tanning booth...for a month.

Glad you made it out of there with most of your skin

Oh god, never again will I go unprepared for sun. The worst thing was I got it while I was wearing SPF30 sunblock, I guess I was just out too long for my fair skin regardless.

As far as the emergency room, I had to go for the pain. It felt like it was itching, but each individual itch was a needle being shoved into my back. I was pretty out of my mind, apparently they had to restrain me because I was writhing so much. But, modern medical science gave me a shot of cortisol, a shot of some wondeful pain killer, some vicodin and permission to loaf for the next few days.

The worst part of all of this, was that yesterday was my birthday, and all I did was spend 9 incredibly uncomfortable hours on a plane, then go to the hospital and fall asleep. :(

Anyway, enough whining. How's everyone else? Are we all getting roommate situations worked out? Who's starting to get excited? Who's starting to get anxious? I think I'm feeling a healthy mix of both.

Our roommate situation is in flux again.

Sorry to hear about the pain armor. 2nd degree burns are the worst. At least with 3rd degree you deaden a lot of nerve endings and don't feel as much of the pain until the recovery process is further along...2nd degree is horrible.

I am getting pretty ready to get school started. I actually had my first dream about dental school. The details are a bit hazy, but the one scene I remember clearly is a fat blonde kid in his underwear dancing at a party on the first day of school. It wasnt the most graceful dancing either. This image is unfortunately burned into my memory.

i think we totally need to get together before school starts. =) Jeff, i think it's about time we do half those things you listed on the facebook group. =P

Has anybody of the presidio residents got the call regarding who our roomemates are or any information such as their contact number?

I'm still planning to have a BBQ get together on July 5th before class starts in Golden Gate Park.

I'm not that anal...I'm not gonna start planning it til June.

What else did you want me to do? Slip n slide racing with oil?

I'm still planning to have a BBQ get together on July 5th before class starts in Golden Gate Park.

I'm not that anal...I'm not gonna start planning it til June.

What else did you want me to do? Slip n slide racing with oil?

Anyone interested in doing something before that? I have an empty calendar staring back at me, and I definitely think we need to have a dental school pre-funk road trip around California or something. Maybe a pub-crawl in SF? Mission beach? Head to Canada for gravy fries and molson?

Anyone interested in doing something before that? I have an empty calendar staring back at me, and I definitely think we need to have a dental school pre-funk road trip around California or something. Maybe a pub-crawl in SF? Mission beach? Head to Canada for gravy fries and molson?

Why leave America to visit America Jr?

i'm not saying plan it jeff... geez.... i'm just saying we could knock off a couple of those the first week or two.=)

and armor, pub-crawl sounds good. nothing better than trying to get to know each other over some beer pissed drunk. hahahahaha.

How's everybody doing with housing outside of the Presidio and Pacific apts?

So far I've been watching online but haven't made any moves.... I'd like to avoid paying rent for June :) We'll see how that works out -

I don't know whether to look for roommates first or find a place first. If anybody is in the same position or knows of any openings, let me know.

I don't have a facebook account... am I missing anything great over there about housing?

How's everybody doing with housing outside of the Presidio and Pacific apts?

So far I've been watching online but haven't made any moves.... I'd like to avoid paying rent for June :) We'll see how that works out -

I don't know whether to look for roommates first or find a place first. If anybody is in the same position or knows of any openings, let me know.

I don't have a facebook account... am I missing anything great over there about housing?

I would suggest making a facebook account, as it appears a lot of big moves for off-campus housing are being made on the facebook group:
http://wsu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2225332470

Also you'll probably want to subscribe to the Pacific Housing group on yahoo, as a lot of current students are posting openings there:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PacificHousingClass2010/

I'm moving to SF as soon as my room at Pacific Apartments opens up. My calendar is empty too since I am ending my work at both my jobs next week.

I plan to move up on July 1st. It'll probably take a day just to unpack, and then I'm free to do stuff. bowling, go out to a bar or club, play beer pong, watch bad movies, play pool, or loiter...whatever

I plan to move up on July 1st. It'll probably take a day just to unpack, and then I'm free to do stuff. bowling, go out to a bar or club, play beer pong, watch bad movies, play pool, or loiter...whatever

I am an excellent bowler after a couple beers:thumbup:

Hey all! We just got the call today that we got a BMR unit at Lone Palm Court apartments in San Rafael . I am looking to get in a carppool of first years in that area. We move in July 1st. I wish we could move sooner to have some downtime before school starts but oh well. Since it is my wife, kid and I, it will take a few days to unpack and then off to school.

Hey all! We just got the call today that we got a BMR unit at Lone Palm Court apartments in San Rafael . I am looking to get in a carppool of first years in that area. We move in July 1st. I wish we could move sooner to have some downtime before school starts but oh well. Since it is my wife, kid and I, it will take a few days to unpack and then off to school.

Sweet, bro! Congrats - you must feel a lot better now; you'll be sleeping a lot more soundly now, I bet.:sleep: