*** Official NYCOM Class of 2009***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sweepea8137 said:
Anyway...I bought the supplies last week from Stethoscope.com and I got a pretty good deal. See you all soon! :oops:

I looked at the site and, in fact, it was just about the same prices that we paid...however we didn't have to deal with xhipping or waiting...it was right there and you got to hole the equipment in your hand and see which you liked best...what the differences were etc.....

I know you're excited....waaaiiiiiittttt, you will have the rest of your carreers to play with the stuff!

Members don't see this ad.

Try reasonsmedical dot com. Cardio III is $121 and shipping for the $100-$150 price range is $11.

hi you guys

can't wait til orientation!!

few questions though

-Whats the dress code like? Do we have to look nice for orientation?
-Books? Anyone buy books yet?

ok see you all soon =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr.Kasper said:

lord%20of%20the%20bling.jpg

I just discovered that, for orientation as well as each year of medical school, we are restricted to wearing soley clothing from the company, "Phat Farm." I suggest you make the proper adjustments to your wardrobes as soon as possible.

http://www.phatfarmstore.com/

Dies Irae said:
I just discovered that, for orientation as well as each year of medical school, we are restricted to wearing soley clothing from the company, "Phat Farm." I suggest you make the proper adjustments to your wardrobes as soon as possible.

Yeah, I heard if you're not wearing at least 30 ounces of gold jewlery you get sent home and have to reapply next year. Same thing goes if you show up in a car worth less than 50G. :D

Personally, I'm buying a new pair of Converse for next tuesday, and maybe a new pair of pants.

Dies Irae said:
lord%20of%20the%20bling.jpg

http://www.phatfarmstore.com/

HAHAHA, cant wait to see you on tuesday!

Also does anyone know what is the typical class schedule like for the week? Is it true we get out earlier on Fridays?

Thanks =)

Dr. Kasper said:
hi you guys

I ordered most of the books my (second year) roomate recommended, haven't gotten them all yet, but the OMM book and the history and exam taking are pretty good, and Harrison's Internal Med seems especially good. There are too many anatomy books and I can't really tell any of the 3 I've got so far apart. :confused:

DPickholtz said:
I looked at the site and, in fact, it was just about the same prices that we paid...however we didn't have to deal with xhipping or waiting...it was right there and you got to hole the equipment in your hand and see which you liked best...what the differences were etc.....

I know you're excited....waaaiiiiiittttt, you will have the rest of your carreers to play with the stuff!

I heard they'll even be much cheaper this year. I suggest to just buy it at school.

I've purchased some of the books but I didn't purchase Harrison's because the library has a site where you can access harrison's for free.

Dr. Kasper said:
hi you guys

can't wait til orientation!!

few questions though

ok see you all soon =)

You people look nothing like your avatars. :thumbdown:

Guys, don't forget to stop by the SOMA table at the Club Fair today. Lots of goodies to give away, and if you sign up for a SOMA membership, you'll get a FREE Netter's Atlas with it!

Thanks~

Michele

Cthulu said:
You expected to see a squiddy thing?

That would have been hot. :thumbup:

At least you learned how to pronounce Dies Irae. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know where they post the gym hours? I cant find it on the web.
Bonus points if you know when the NYIT gym is open too.

There are a couple of social events going on this week, in which all of you guys are invited.

1) Steamboat Landing social, right after the 2nd years' OMM class. I believe there's free food. =) Check your email for more details.

2) The E-board of SOMA invites you to come out and hang out with us at the Mirage on Friday, Sept. 9th. Free dinner from 6-8, Free admission from 4:30 to 8pm, we got a VIP room for SOMA/NYCOM students between 4:30 and 8pm, and you don't have to get in line if you say you're with SOMA. Oh, and I'm sure they'll have drink specials too, if you're into that stuff. ;-)

Hope to see you guys there!

Michele

Hi NYCOM big bro and sis,

I am a NYCOM 1st yr, and would like to acquire some test questions to practice while studying the materials. Does anyone have TQs for 1st yr, to give or for sale? Thank you.

Kevin

microbe hunter said:
Good Luck to all! You are in for a special four years that you will always remember. I graduated NYCOM in 1994. It was a wonderful experience. The first year is very hard. The third and fourth years were the best.

brgrdanna said:
I was told by a nycom student who participated in medprep last year that it is a program for people who had some bad grades or a low mcat. They allow some students to take it, and if they do well, they may be accepted into the class in the fall if there is space available. That wouldn't make sense it your case, intelichi, since you were already accepted... I am confused! The student I talked to said she bombed the mcat, but the rest of her application was strong, so they offered her the medprep plan.[/QU

would anyone who was im the medprep program mind stating that their stats were, i really need to get an idea specifically mcats
it would be greatly appreachiated
If you dont feel comfortable posting in public please feel free to PM me
thankyou very much

Hey does anyone know what happens around christmas break, like are we going to have test when we come back the week of the 2nd b/c I'm going to Vegas for the break and I want to know if I have to worry about studying or if we just start a new section.

lilzelda said:
Hey does anyone know what happens around christmas break, like are we going to have test when we come back the week of the 2nd b/c I'm going to Vegas for the break and I want to know if I have to worry about studying or if we just start a new section.

Both in the DPC and in lecture based you start a new section. I can only really speak for DPC, in which we will probably just start a new case. but so far in NYCOM before a break we finish the course/block we are studying.

COME BACK TO LIFE, my class thread.

Hey I am just looking for a little advice about NYCOM. What are things you guys like and hate about it. The tuition is now 43 k a year plus living and probably rising. Is it worth all that money. I have the option of going to LECOM and have a Touro, MI interview coming up. Any info would be helpful. For instance what is the comlex 1st time pass rates there.......I heard they were just average....why is this?

Does anyone know if there are any good surgical related research opportunities between 1st and 2nd year. I will be gone from June 20th to July 9th so I dont think I will have time for the regular paid summer rearch program. Any info on other nonpaid research would be great.

word on the street is that we are not graduating at lincoln center this year. what gives????

can any of you guys tell me anything about the gen surg residency at lutheran in brooklyn? can't find much in the surg forum. thought maybe i could get some inside info here. i'm interviewing there 11/11.

anyone? anyone at all? any thoughts on lutheran?