*** Official Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry c/o 2021***

How about your extracurriculars? That may be the problem because your DAT scores are good.
I mean I have about 800 shadowing/volunteer hours with a general, orthodontist, pediatric dentist, and oral surgeon. Have tutored while in school and always maintained employment off campus while in school (20 hrs/wk) every semester. The GPA just seems weak...it seems to be the recurring theme.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent in my application on 10/7/16. Do y'all know how long it will take meharry to get it? This whole process is making me nervous

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I will get the supplemental link after they receive my application am I right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also took me about 1 month to receive supplemental. Really wanted a pre-dec interview here but haven't heard anything and I submitted in July.

Also took me about 1 month to receive supplemental. Really wanted a pre-dec interview here but haven't heard anything and I submitted in July.

I live in Nashville and I heard meharry takes a long time. They just recently started interviewing in October.

Just got an interview invite today for this coming Friday! I'm excited but I can't believe they only gave me 3 days notice...

Reactions: 2 users
Oh, also does anyone know if all prerequisites have to be filled by December? I'm hearing that all prerequisites have to be done before an offer can be made.

I am taking Physics II Spring 2017. Because I teach, it's hard to get prerequisites in the timeframe I need them. I guess I'll explain my situation to them once I get there.

Oh, also does anyone know if all prerequisites have to be filled by December? I'm hearing that all prerequisites have to be done before an offer can be made.

I am taking Physics II Spring 2017. Because I teach, it's hard to get prerequisites in the timeframe I need them. I guess I'll explain my situation to them once I get there.

I'm curious about that as well. I got an email from them last week asking about a prerequisite that I'm planning on taking in the spring.

To those with interviews, do you mind sharing your stats? My science is 3.0, I have an upward trend but making up for two years of not so stellar grades is tough!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just got an interview invite today for this coming Friday! I'm excited but I can't believe they only gave me 3 days notice...
Whoa!! That's crazy! Good luck though!! Do you mind sharing your stats and general timeline? Like when you got the 'we'll let you know in 6 weeks' email

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm... What did the letter say? I didn't get that letter!

It said: I'm not sure why it says 2016 rather than 2017... typo I suppose...

Dear Applicant:

Greetings from Meharry Medical College! I hope this email finds you doing well. After reviewing your application for admission to the School of Dentistry at Meharry Medical College, it appears as though you may not meet the necessary prerequisite qualifications necessary for entry into the 2016 entering class. Our records indicate that you are missing the following prerequisite credit(s):

-- Biochemistry (3 credits)

Before any further action can be taken on your application, we wanted to follow up with you regarding the accuracy of the missing prerequisites. At your convenience, will you please reply to this email with the names of courses that you believe meet the aforementioned prerequisite(s) as well as attaching any school course descriptions associated with the prerequisite course(s)?

We look forward to completing our evaluation of your 2016 School of Dentistry application.

Sincerely,
Office of Admissions and Recruitment
Meharry Medical College

open

Reactions: 1 users
To those with interviews, do you mind sharing your stats? My science is <3.0, I have an upward trend but making up for two years of not so stellar grades is tough!
21AA, 3.1 ogpa, <3.0 sgpa. I have a Master's and tons of research experience. AADSAS mailing date 7/8 and Meharry sent the app complete email on 8/3.

21AA, 3.1 ogpa, <3.0 sgpa. I have a Master's and tons of research experience. AADSAS mailing date 7/8 and Meharry sent the app complete email on 8/3.

Thanks for the reply, I am currently applying to a few masters because of my science gpa! Congrats on the interview invite and good luck :)!

If it's been over 6 weeks since I've received my we'll let you know in 6 weeks email, should I call or email them?

If it's been over 6 weeks since I've received my we'll let you know in 6 weeks email, should I call or email them?

I'm wondering the same thing. They told us not to call because it'll delay the process but it's been 11 weeks since my application was completed :eek: I hope they're just working slowly and will get to us soon.

I'm wondering the same thing. They told us not to call because it'll delay the process but it's been 11 weeks since my application was completed :eek: I hope they're just working slowly and will get to us soon.

It's been 4 weeks and I still haven't recorded the supplemental email.

Yeah that's what my thoughts were! But at the same time it says up to 6 weeks:/
Hopefully we'll hear something soon!!

Tomorrow marks the complete 6 weeks of my application being under review and I haven't heard anything back from them. Should I be worried?

Tomorrow marks the complete 6 weeks of my application being under review and I haven't heard anything back from them. Should I be worried?
I don't know... but I don't think so! I've heard of many people getting interviews post-December because the waitlist shifts so much so I'm trying not to worry too much.

It's been something like 8 weeks for me. I made a call, they said it's probably just extra processing time

Are 3 LORs enough for this school? 2 from professor and one from dentist I shadowed?

How long did it take to receive supplemental application info after you guys e-submitted your application? Thanks.

How long did it take to receive supplemental application info after you guys e-submitted your application? Thanks.

It took about a month for me! But Meharry didn't start sending out supplementals until August 1st

I don't remember seeing a deadline anywhere, but I think it's safe to say to complete it within 2 weeks of receiving it

Has anyone heard back? It's been well over 6 weeks since I got the 6 weeks email :(

Has anyone heard back? It's been well over 6 weeks since I got the 6 weeks email :(

When I submitted in June, I didn't hear back until October with a supplemental and an interview, so just keep the faith and be patient. I'm sure they're working hard to get everyone processed fairly. You're probably going to get some love after December when everyone starts to drop/shift seats.

Keep your head up!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know the address where they send their supplemental fee to?

Does anyone know when the last pre-December interview was?

I hope they come out with something tonight, but it's getting really late. Looking at last years thread, people said they received an acceptance email around 4:30 pm central time I think.

I know some parts of Tennessee have been affected by fires, but hopefully Meharry hasn't been and something else is causing the delay.

Maybe they are waiting until 5:00 tomorrow since it's a Friday.

Yeah guess we'll see what happens in the next three hours lol

Thank you Lord for the opportunity. Forever grateful to Meharry.

Reactions: 3 users