Meharry College of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
has anyone heard from meharry. I applied in june and havent heard for a supplemental applcation. did anyone get a response?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get a supplemental application link today?

Did anybody get any other email besides the "thank you for applying email? Like secondaries...?

Did anybody get any other email besides the "thank you for applying email? Like secondaries...?
Nothing yet. I’m thinking in the next few weeks, we will hear something based on their timeline from the previous year.

Hey Y’all! Anybody got invited for their info session, Meharry 101? Is this session for all applicants?

Hey Y’all! Anybody got invited for their info session, Meharry 101? Is this session for all applicants?
Yeah, I got this invite. I think it is for all applicants, but I am not 100% sure. I will keep you updated if I find any other information.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking of taking physics 2 online w/ lab. Does anybody know if they will accept it?
AADSAS doesn’t differentiate between online or in person classes- only whether you took a pass/fail versus a letter grade. I can’t imagine that in the time of Covid, a school would be against an online option. Much of my masters was virtual. However, if you’re truly concerned, reach out to the school.

AADSAS doesn’t differentiate between online or in person classes- only whether you took a pass/fail versus a letter grade. I can’t imagine that in the time of Covid, a school would be against an online option. Much of my masters was virtual. However, if you’re truly concerned, reach out to the school.
Unfortunately there are some universities that will not accept online courses for classes that have lab requirements…physics, Chem, bio unless they fell between spring of 2020 and spring of 2021 or if the university had a policy that required online courses after that. Obviously there might be some leeway but it’s probably in your best interest to take the course in-person rather than having adcoms question your coursework. Then again I’m not 100% sure. Just following what the schools put on their websites about online labs/courses during covid

Did anybody receive supplemental app?
I attended the Meharry 101 session a little while back, they said that the supplementals should be out in "a couple of weeks". Hopefully soon :)

Interview #8
School: Meharry Medical College SOD
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: Email
Application complete date: 8/16/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 21/20/19/20 No section below a 17
Dates available OR your interview date: September - October
Method of interview: Virtual

Interview #6
School: Meharry Medical College SOD
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 7/05/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 21/21/16/19, PAT below a 17
Dates available OR your interview date: September - October

Interview #5
School: Meharry
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 8/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/22/No
Dates available: September-October

Reactions: 2 users
For the people that have already interviewed, when did your interviewers reach out to you?

They invited me to another Merharry 101 smh lol

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone's status on ADEA for Meharry say "received/ under review"? Just want to see if mine is different from anybody else and if it means anything other than just "application complete".

These statistics are from 2019, so things may have changed since then, but a 17 is approximately 50th percentile, and a 19 was the academic average of all the accepted students in 2019. Can you get in with a 17 or 18? Sure, but higher is always better for you.

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed them asking if only those that get interviews get supplemental and they simply answered that they are stil
Does anyone's status on ADEA for Meharry say "received/ under review"? Just want to see if mine is different from anybody else and if it means anything other than just "application complete".
my status says received/under review

I emailed them asking if only those that get interviews get supplemental and they simply answered that they are stil

my status says received/under review
I heard that they are giving interviews first then sending out supplementals which is really weird since they have never done it this way

I heard that they are giving interviews first then sending out supplementals which is really weird since they have never done it this way
Yes. I forgot to complete my sentence “that they are still reviewing applications, they didn’t actually answered my question as to whether supplementals are being sent before or after interviews offers, but according to this SDN thread thats what’s happening

Yes. I forgot to complete my sentence “that they are still reviewing applications, they didn’t actually answered my question as to whether supplementals are being sent before or after interviews offers, but according to this SDN thread thats what’s happening
Yeah they invited me for an interview a few weeks ago and I just got the email to fill out the secondary application on Friday (Oct 21st). Then today I received a time and date for my interview via email.