Official MCPHS-Worcester Class 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My friend got accepted at the Manchester campus. Does anybody here know something about the city, how is there campus over there compared to Worcester and most important which is more expensive Worcester or Manchester.

I was also accepted to Manchester and starting this fall. I am originally from Maine, so I know the area a tad... The way things were explained to me is that at Manchester almost all the classes are ITV from Worcester, so the teachers are there and we just watch them. The campus at Manchester is just one building, so they don't have dorms and all that Jazz, but they do have communter lounges, computer lab, etc. I am not certain if I am going to get a roomate or an efficency somewhere. It would be more cost efective to get a roomate but I dont want to end up with some yahoo that is going to bother my studies for the next 2 years and 9 months. Anyway, to all the people accepted congrats.. I will see you on campus or by TV in the fall!

Mark

Members don't see this ad.

Hold the phone: no alcohol in the dorms, at all? Aren't most of us going to be over 21 anyway because we're all technically "transfer" students?

I'm not a lush, or anything, but that just doesn't make sense to me :laugh:

Alcohol is allowed in the dorms, theres a bottle of whiskey on my desk......

Open containers are not allowed in the hallways of the Res halls but thats like most places. If anyone has ?'s about classes, P1 year, or going out/nightlife in worcester you can send me a message

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to live in MCP-W campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone tell me how much it costs to live in MCP-W campus?

Costs of the dorms depends on what style you want.

The cheapest is the 6-person reduced rate: basically you get a twin (single) bed as opposed to a full bed that all other people get. your room is smaller, but it's also cheapest. I believe it's around $6200 as opposed to ~$8600 for the other 6-people rooms.

2 people can range anywhere from ~$8600 to ~$10,200 depending on the style. Some 2-people apartments have bigger kitchen, bigger living room... etc... and others have very small living area in general.

3-4 people apartments are ~$9600

Studios (single person apart.) are the highest, ~$10,200 I believe.

Hey, thanks for the info. Are those figures for the whole year?

Hey, thanks for the info. Are those figures for the whole year?

Yea those figures are for the whole year.

Greatdeals do you know which of the styles are already unavailable? I got my housing packet (omg kinda exciting! :D) but am kind of confused as to how many of the choices I can pick. I mean, do I check one and only one, or do I do a number system 1, 2, 3, ..., with 1 being the style most preferred?

Hello everyone!!!!
Wish I could reply to all the alcohol comments earlier.

OK before I start I'm not trying to offend anyone in any way or trying to scare you guys so don't get mad at me for being honest.

You have to realize you are coming into an accelerated program.
You will have 2 (and sometimes 3) exams every week in the Fall semester. The work piles up fast if you don't keep up, partying every weekend will make it hard for you to do well. HOWEVER, if you party on Friday nights once a week thats not going to affect your grades if you manage your time well. If you finished studying for your 2 (or 3) exams the coming week no one can stop you from getting wasted I promise. Ive been to a few dorm parties and there has been TONS of alcohol, so like greatdeals said as long as your suite mates are cool with it and you don't make too much noise it wont be a big issue to throw a party here and there.

Again I am not trying offend anyone butbasing where you live on the fact that you wont be throw parties or have alcohol in your apartment is not a good idea. Yes I know its hard (I'm 22 and all I want to do is go out and party) but you should be willing sacrifice your weekends so you can catchup on the weeks material that you didn't pay attention to since you were studying for the 2 (or 3) exams you had.

The good news is the spring semester is slightly easier. Fewer exams (same amount of work) allow you to have more free time. Today we took our last exam for the semester so we have 2 whole weeks without EXAMS!!!!

Arite future P1s I'm going to go pay more attention to my drink now, Its not going to finish itself on its own (YES WE ARE ALL GOING OUT TONIGHT TO PARTY OUR B**TS OFF!!! and YEP I was tipsy while I was writing out this reply).

Thanks for the added comments. As I mentioned earlier, just be courteous to your roomates.

To reply the dorm comment, the figures are for the whole year. I do not know which ones are not available because I am not part of ResLife staff, so I can't really tell you. HOwever, last year, I only got the sketches of the apartments that were available to us. Sometimes there's 1 room available, sometimes there's 1 unit, we don't know.

What I suggest is, fill it out and overnight it if you are looking for anything more than a 6-person, because I don't think there's many of the smaller apartments left (just my guess).

I believe you can put down your preference and rank it 1,2,3 and the res director will try to accomodate that as much as he can. You may also put preferences for roomates according to your lifestyle, but that's a little bit stretching the limitations... just my guess

Good luck everyone~

Hello everyone!!!!
Wish I could reply to all the alcohol comments earlier.

OK before I start I'm not trying to offend anyone in any way or trying to scare you guys so don't get mad at me for being honest.

You have to realize you are coming into an accelerated program.
You will have 2 (and sometimes 3) exams every week in the Fall semester. The work piles up fast if you don't keep up, partying every weekend will make it hard for you to do well. HOWEVER, if you party on Friday nights once a week thats not going to affect your grades if you manage your time well. If you finished studying for your 2 (or 3) exams the coming week no one can stop you from getting wasted I promise. Ive been to a few dorm parties and there has been TONS of alcohol, so like greatdeals said as long as your suite mates are cool with it and you don't make too much noise it wont be a big issue to throw a party here and there.

Again I am not trying offend anyone butbasing where you live on the fact that you wont be throw parties or have alcohol in your apartment is not a good idea. Yes I know its hard (I'm 22 and all I want to do is go out and party) but you should be willing sacrifice your weekends so you can catchup on the weeks material that you didn't pay attention to since you were studying for the 2 (or 3) exams you had.

The good news is the spring semester is slightly easier. Fewer exams (same amount of work) allow you to have more free time. Today we took our last exam for the semester so we have 2 whole weeks without EXAMS!!!!

Arite future P1s I'm going to go pay more attention to my drink now, Its not going to finish itself on its own (YES WE ARE ALL GOING OUT TONIGHT TO PARTY OUR B**TS OFF!!! and YEP I was tipsy while I was writing out this reply).

Hey Greatdeals,

Should I buy 1 1/2 inch or 2 inch binders?? :) or bigger!? yikes..

Hey Greatdeals,

Should I buy 1 1/2 inch or 2 inch binders?? :) or bigger!? yikes..

1 inch is definitely too small... altho I have some 1 inches.. it all depend on the class. Some classes, the course packet they give you is pretty thick, so you'd need at least a 2 inch for those. some of them are okay size, using a 1 inch is like very tight, using 1 1/2 might be better. but some ppl use 1 inch coz we don't take the whole course packet to class (too heavy), we just take the lecture for the day and maybe the next class (in case the prof goes fast and wants to start the next lecture ahead)... u will need a 2 1/2 - 3 inch for the spring for your portfolio tho.. so 1 of those might not be a bad idea if u see one on sale... altho we do have target/walmart/staples around here u can buy those instead of bringing them over.

1 inch is definitely too small... altho I have some 1 inches.. it all depend on the class. Some classes, the course packet they give you is pretty thick, so you'd need at least a 2 inch for those. some of them are okay size, using a 1 inch is like very tight, using 1 1/2 might be better. but some ppl use 1 inch coz we don't take the whole course packet to class (too heavy), we just take the lecture for the day and maybe the next class (in case the prof goes fast and wants to start the next lecture ahead)... u will need a 2 1/2 - 3 inch for the spring for your portfolio tho.. so 1 of those might not be a bad idea if u see one on sale... altho we do have target/walmart/staples around here u can buy those instead of bringing them over.

Thank you. When they give out the packets - do they last the entire first year, or just one semester? (for the classes that are two part for the year)

will we get our packets at oriention? should I wait to see what class has what size packets?

Thank you. When they give out the packets - do they last the entire first year, or just one semester? (for the classes that are two part for the year)

will we get our packets at oriention? should I wait to see what class has what size packets?

The packets are for one semester only, even for the two part classes. I think we got our packets the second day of orientation.

From what I had at the end of the semester Patho/Physio and US health end up needing bigger binders than any other class. For US Health you get half the packet when the semester starts and the other half during the course of the semester. I would get a 2 inch binder for those two classes. However, like greatdeals said you don't need to take the whole packet to class anyway so its not necessary to get a big binder for class but it would be a good idea just so you can keep things organized.

u will need a 2 1/2 - 3 inch for the spring for your portfolio tho..

by the way, what is your portfoliio??

Members don't see this ad :)
u will need a 2 1/2 - 3 inch for the spring for your portfolio tho..

by the way, what is your portfoliio??

Yes you will definitely need a 2½ - 3 inch binder for the spring
They ask us to keep a portfolio in our Intro to pharmaceutical care 2 (IPC 2) class.
This is a 2 semester hour class that meets once a week and requires you to do 3 hours of shadowing at an allocated location (community pharmacy or institutional pharmacy) every other week. The class is structured in such a way that the first hour you will have a guest speaker come in and talk about different fields of pharmacy, their personal experiences, and how they got to where they are now. The second hour you will discuss either your shadowing experiences or something random the professors want to talk about. You write reflective entries for every speaker and place it in your portfolio. You also write reflections for the shadowing portion of the course.

The portfolio consists of several other sections but the main portion consists of an OTC drug digest. Basically you have to look up generic names,brand names, manufacture, mechanism of action, indication, dosage form, dosage, and much more for all OTC drugs. They ask you to do one or two therapeutic classes per week (for example, Week 1 - Pain and Fever, Week 2&3 Gastrointestinal) and you have to maintain it over the course of the semester. This digest will serve as a reference for us when we take "nonprescription medications" in the summer.

Its pretty simple so don't stress too much about the portfolio because they will teach you how to use tertiary resources to look up all the information you need to include in the digest.

Yes you will definitely need a 2½ - 3 inch binder for the spring
They ask us to keep a portfolio in our Intro to pharmaceutical care 2 (IPC 2) class.
This is a 2 semester hour class that meets once a week and requires you to do 3 hours of shadowing at an allocated location (community pharmacy or institutional pharmacy) every other week. The class is structured in such a way that the first hour you will have a guest speaker come in and talk about different fields of pharmacy, their personal experiences, and how they got to where they are now. The second hour you will discuss either your shadowing experiences or something random the professors want to talk about. You write reflective entries for every speaker and place it in your portfolio. You also write reflections for the shadowing portion of the course.

The portfolio consists of several other sections but the main portion consists of an OTC drug digest. Basically you have to look up generic names,brand names, manufacture, mechanism of action, indication, dosage form, dosage, and much more for all OTC drugs. They ask you to do one or two therapeutic classes per week (for example, Week 1 - Pain and Fever, Week 2&3 Gastrointestinal) and you have to maintain it over the course of the semester. This digest will serve as a reference for us when we take "nonprescription medications" in the summer.

Its pretty simple so don't stress too much about the portfolio because they will teach you how to use tertiary resources to look up all the information you need to include in the digest.

Thank you,
That sounds really interesting. I love learning by organizing my own reference material. ;-)

so have you guys (future p1) signed up for housing yet

I did but I thought I might be "late" mailing in my stuff. Since the campus housing is first come first serve, I hope there are still rooms available :eek:. MCPHS will receive my housing app tomorrow (Monday). Have you signed up yet?

I did but I thought I might be "late" mailing in my stuff. Since the campus housing is first come first serve, I hope there are still rooms available :eek:. MCPHS will receive my housing app tomorrow (Monday). Have you signed up yet?

Which room-style did you choose? if you're choosing a 6-person, you shouldn't have a problem. Sometimes, the 2 or 3-ppl are the last chosen because they are more expensive, on the other hand, they are the fewest.

yes I did sign up and my thinking is just like you about the housing. That I hope I can get a dorm on campus for the first year

I guess we'll see

Which room-style did you choose? if you're choosing a 6-person, you shouldn't have a problem. Sometimes, the 2 or 3-ppl are the last chosen because they are more expensive, on the other hand, they are the fewest.

I ended up doing a # system, so I numbered them each from 1-6 lol. Looks like I might end up with a 6-person unit since most of the rooms are probably filled already (the 6-person reduced rate was my very last option though).

Yea I hope I can live on-campus too for at least my first year. It'd help me a lot in adjusting to a new place and all. LALALA :)

hey everyone,
I was just wondering when we will find out what books we need to buy. Hopefully it is soon so I can buy them online! In addition, when do we get to get our lones after they send us what we can get in the mail?

hey everyone,
I was just wondering when we will find out what books we need to buy. Hopefully it is soon so I can buy them online! In addition, when do we get to get our lones after they send us what we can get in the mail?

you will have plenty of time to buy your books, don't worry.

Like will we find out in June, and when can we take out our loans that the school is giving, i just got a letter saying how much i can get, and not telling me when i can get it.. sorry if its a stupid idea but ive never taken a loan out yet.

Like will we find out in June, and when can we take out our loans that the school is giving, i just got a letter saying how much i can get, and not telling me when i can get it.. sorry if its a stupid idea but ive never taken a loan out yet.

for the books, I think you will find out either june or beginning july, i don't really remember.. but i remember you had at least a whole month if you wanted to get ur books online.. etc..

for the loans, i believe you have to fill out the loan initiation interview (online).. there should be directions that came in with ur financial letter, once u do that 'interview' then your bill will be taken care of, the loan dpt doesn't send u a check to pay off ur bill, it goes directly to school..
i hope that answered ur question

Thanks greatdeals for being so resourceful...:D

Do P1 students there study off of the required text books or do most of them use the summary books to study instead? If yes, what were some of the titles and authors for the first semester (fall p1)?

The reason I ask is because I know med students use summary books instead of the text books since they don't have time.

Also, were there anything you wished you had studied or reviewed before you went into the program?

Thanks greatdeals for being so resourceful...:D

Do P1 students there study off of the required text books or do most of them use the summary books to study instead? If yes, what were some of the titles and authors for the first semester (fall p1)?

The reason I ask is because I know med students use summary books instead of the text books since they don't have time.

Also, were there anything you wished you had studied or reviewed before you went into the program?

We study off the course packet (aka: powerpoint slides) :p basically none of the professors (so far) have had exam questions based on textbooks (except for healthcare, which puts emphasis on the two books she requires, but they are very cheap and easy to read, i forgot the names),

Textbooks are just supplemental to topics you don't understand.

I hope this helped.

this is probably a stupid question, but is this all going to be cleared up during orientation? like what textbooks we need, etc?? :)

this is probably a stupid question, but is this all going to be cleared up during orientation? like what textbooks we need, etc?? :)

In a previous reply, i said that u guys have at least a month to order ur books before school starts.

In a previous reply, i said that u guys have at least a month to order ur books before school starts.

hey greatdeals, whenever you have time would you be able to tell us the books that you actually use/dont use at all for fall semester?

hey greatdeals, whenever you have time would you be able to tell us the books that you actually use/dont use at all for fall semester?

okay.. let me see.. the books you use or don't use is really up to you, depending on how you study. I like to read books because the powerpoint from the professors are just bullet points.. I memorize better when it's in paragraphs... I understand better that way. However:

IPC: the professor makes you read 1-2 (don't remember) chapters of this little book, it is actually good book for those with no pharmacy experience, for those that do have experience, you don't have to get it if you don't want to... she doesn't test on those readings, but it's for understanding, if you don't have experience, the whole book will make pharmacy clearer for you, + it's not expensive at all.

Biochemistry: The book is supplement only, sometimes I like the book because you can see the pictures much bigger than on the slides. You can also buy the study guide, which I found really really helpful for summarizing important points of the chapters and explaining to you in a simplier language than the book itself does. The book and study guide will also be used during spring, so you're basically buying 2 books for the price of one since it's used for 2 semesters.

Healthcare: you have to buy those 2 books. She stresses that her powerpoints are supplemental to the book, and she does test you on things never said in class but that the book mentioned. They are not expensive either, so just to save yourself some hassle, get the books. +, the class is 4 cr, and it's one of the hardest classes for fall (imo)

Pharmaceutics: I don't know which professor you'll be having, we had a new one different from the P2s, but if you have the one that I had, dr Mididdoddi, I would get the book to supplement what he teaches, because it's a little bit hard to get his point sometimes, and the book is a good reference for Spring when you are doing pharmaceutics lab

Pharmacy Law: no book required for the class

Physio: the book required is actually used in the summer as well. She requires 1 of them, and recommends 2 others. I personally don't like the one required, I like the one that's recommended better, but I read the book for all those chapters.. hey, what can I say, physio/pathophys is not my strong subject :p

Service Learning: no book

I hope i didn't forget anything. If you guys need books, i'm sure that some of the P1s this year (my class) have books they probably want to see back because we won't be using them, myself included. Look for flyers when u guys get here!

Greatdeals,

Do you live on campus? Do you recommend having a car for people living on campus? and where do students on campus park their cars? Are there fees/permits required?

Do you recommend having a car that is 4 wheel drive since there will be lots of snow?

:D

Greatdeals,

Do you live on campus? Do you recommend having a car for people living on campus? and where do students on campus park their cars? Are there fees/permits required?

Do you recommend having a car that is 4 wheel drive since there will be lots of snow?

I do live on campus. Almost every semester you will be committed to travelling off campus for either service learning (once a week), for shadowing (once every other week) or rotations. I would recommend a car. Those that don't have a car have gotten very lucky and got sites assigned very close to campus or bus-accessible. Worcester is not like London, it's doesn't have that much public-transportation, altho better than california... (except SF) lol...

We park our car at the garage across from the hospital, which is 2 blocks from here, it's directly behind the garage right next door. THe parking fees are subsidized thru school and are $120 per semester for us. It's a first come first serve basis.

If you have a four-wheel drive, bring it, if not, you can do with a front wheel drive. I personally drive a civic, so it's not four-wheel drive. If you have a rear-wheel drive, don't bring it, it will skid in the snow, altho you can always park it at the garage during winter times, but you will have to pay for the spot with ur fees... lol..

For the service learning, how many students are scheduled at the same site and time? or is only like one student scheduled at a specific time and other students with different hours.

about when are we able to buy permits for parking?

also, what was the hardest class for fall p1 in your opinion and majority of students?

about when are we able to buy permits for parking?

also, what was the hardest class for fall p1 in your opinion and majority of students?

students assigned at service learning sites depend on the site. Some sites need more students and some others only have that much allowed.

hardest class really depends on what your strengths are. 4 credit classes to me seem harder (and majority) but some people Ace the class and find others hard.. hard to tell...

i'll have to hold off answering questions until after 1st week of May.. finals are only 10 days away! and we have to study for 6 finals.. taken in 5 days.. nuts!

Good luck on finals Greatdeals :thumbup:

Hi to all my soon-to-be P1 peers,

I'm trying to get a consensus how many of you filled out your FAFSA's already?

Also, how and when is a good time to apply for scholarships? I heard that you apply for them automatically if you fill out a FAFSA.

Also, what's the interest rate on the MCPHS student loans? I wonder if Sallie Mae has cheaper rates if you go through them, albeit more paperwork.

Thanks guys for answering my questions

how long until we hear about our housing assignments. Not applying for housing but where we are assigned. Has anyone heard back or is it still to early?

Hi. I know I've asked this before, but I figured we prob have more admitted students by now. Is anyone else commuting from CT?? I'm sure nobody is, but if so I would be interested in car pooling thanks to the almost $4 bucks a gallon I am paying! I am figuring about 5K/year for gas alone (50 miles one way). Eeew. P.S. Are all you P1/P2's done with finals yet?

Hi. I know I've asked this before, but I figured we prob have more admitted students by now. Is anyone else commuting from CT?? I'm sure nobody is, but if so I would be interested in car pooling thanks to the almost $4 bucks a gallon I am paying! I am figuring about 5K/year for gas alone (50 miles one way). Eeew. P.S. Are all you P1/P2's done with finals yet?

OFFICIALLY DONE!!!!

Greatdeals-How long is your break now?

Greatdeals-How long is your break now?

we have a good two weeks lol.. then we'll get a month in august after the summer semester :)

have you guys gotten any housing assignments yet? I saw the resident director putting envelopes together.. must have been for u guys...

no, still haven't got my housing assignment yet

how were your exams greatdeals

no, still haven't got my housing assignment yet

how were your exams greatdeals

didn't do as well as I thought/wanted to.. but hey, I passed, thats what counts!!

i'll be going on vaca the next 10 days.. so i might not have access to the internet.. or maybe just sporadicly.. so i apologize in advance if it takes me.. a week to respond.. but u guys are always welcome to ask and wait.. haha..or i'm sure other MCPHS-W students can help you guys as well...

didn't do as well as I thought/wanted to.. but hey, I passed, thats what counts!!

i'll be going on vaca the next 10 days.. so i might not have access to the internet.. or maybe just sporadicly.. so i apologize in advance if it takes me.. a week to respond.. but u guys are always welcome to ask and wait.. haha..or i'm sure other MCPHS-W students can help you guys as well...

Ill be around for 2 weeks (unfortunately), feel free to use and abuse my "services". Can't believe we just finished 2 whole semesters!!!!! Time flies like whoa!

Ill be around for 2 weeks (unfortunately), feel free to use and abuse my "services". Can't believe we just finished 2 whole semesters!!!!! Time flies like whoa!

is everyone still with you guys? have you heard about the p2's.. how'd they do this year? what were your favorite classes this year?

is everyone still with you guys? have you heard about the p2's.. how'd they do this year? what were your favorite classes this year?

If I understand your question correctly you want to know how many people failed out from the P1 class? Whenever our grades are posted it tells us how many people took the exam and the number currently has been around 191. This number might not be exact since some people might not have taken the exams due to medical issues. However, I think the class started out with around 200 people (50 in manchester 150 in worcester ? I dont remember the exact numbers maybe greatdeals does, we'll have to wait for a reply for him on that one). I do know of some people have left because they arnt willing to put in the effort or due to personal (family/money) issues but its probably not because they failed a class. If someone fails a class in the fall or spring they still continue through the summer session and have the option to retake the class next time its offered (which will force them to wait a year). You shouldnt get scared by that though because the classes (so far) havnt been as difficult as people have made them seem. It all depends on how much work you put into it.

I havnt really spoken to any of the P2s yet to see how their semesters went. Ill give you guys more information on that when I talk to them in the summer :).

Pharmaceutics Lab was the most enjoyable class for me. Its always fun to make suspensions, emulsions, capsules etc. You get to use different types of chemicals and learn why they are used in different dosage forms (trust me its very basic, nothing to stress over). However, the lecture part is slightly difficult mostly because in the exams you have to be very careful while doing calculations since you dont get partial credit. The tiniest mistake can change your answer by a lot. I struggled with standard rounding rules (surprise surprise!?!?) in the begining of the semester. For example, if your answer comes out to 12.7 drops you have to document 13 drops as your final answer (since you cant have 0.7 of a drop) little things like that can mess up your grade but i got used to it and did real well in the class overall. Thats what you have to do for every class though, see where you are having difficulties and fix it before its too late :oops:.

If I understand your question correctly you want to know how many people failed out from the P1 class? Whenever our grades are posted it tells us how many people took the exam and the number currently has been around 191. This number might not be exact since some people might not have taken the exams due to medical issues. However, I think the class started out with around 200 people (50 in manchester 150 in worcester ? I dont remember the exact numbers maybe greatdeals does, we'll have to wait for a reply for him on that one). I do know of some people have left because they arnt willing to put in the effort or due to personal (family/money) issues but its probably not because they failed a class. If someone fails a class in the fall or spring they still continue through the summer session and have the option to retake the class next time its offered (which will force them to wait a year). You shouldnt get scared by that though because the classes (so far) havnt been as difficult as people have made them seem. It all depends on how much work you put into it.

I havnt really spoken to any of the P2s yet to see how their semesters went. Ill give you guys more information on that when I talk to them in the summer :).

Pharmaceutics Lab was the most enjoyable class for me. Its always fun to make suspensions, emulsions, capsules etc. You get to use different types of chemicals and learn why they are used in different dosage forms (trust me its very basic, nothing to stress over). However, the lecture part is slightly difficult mostly because in the exams you have to be very careful while doing calculations since you dont get partial credit. The tiniest mistake can change your answer by a lot. I struggled with standard rounding rules (surprise surprise!?!?) in the begining of the semester. For example, if your answer comes out to 12.7 drops you have to document 13 drops as your final answer (since you cant have 0.7 of a drop) little things like that can mess up your grade but i got used to it and did real well in the class overall. Thats what you have to do for every class though, see where you are having difficulties and fix it before its too late :oops:.

hey guys~

I don't quite remember the number of people that we started with. I think they are always estimating "around 200", and I never counted PIN numbers to see how many people.. but in our IPC II class, we have to sign in for attendance, I think i counted around 158 students for worcester.. or 138.. sorry guys.. memory not serving me so well, especially AFTER finals... lol.. I know that a handful of people left since fall, but i think that half, if not all, are due in part from medical reasons. i dnt' know if anyone actually 'failed' when someone leaves, they will not exactly tell u that they failed, unless you ask, but if they left, how can you ask?

I talked to some of the P2s, they think that spring is a very hard semester because if it very long (as opposed to their 6-week fall mini-semester), and because it was dragging.. (meaning more topics covered in therapeutics and pharmacology). I don't know if anyone 'failed', we might not know until the summer semester, because final grades are not all up yet.. (there's still a bit of hope?)

Good luck guys~ and... by the way Fidodido.. I'm a girl.. hehe :laugh:

hey all
could someone please post exactly how much vacation students are given and approximately when?
like after fall semester, after spring, etc..and how many weeks?
thank you! (i need a little hope, im getting nervous about entering the pharmd program!):D

hey all
could someone please post exactly how much vacation students are given and approximately when?
like after fall semester, after spring, etc..and how many weeks?
thank you! (i need a little hope, im getting nervous about entering the pharmd program!):D

Semester started September 3rd
Columbus day off October 8th
Thanksgiving break November 21st - 23rd
Winter break December 15th - January 13th
Presidents day off February 18th
Spring Break March 8th - 16th
Patriots Day off April 21st

(There were also like 2 -3 snow days this year, Note: if New Hampshire gets a lot of snow Worcester is also canceled)

"Summer break" May 5th - 18th
Memorial day off May 26th

I just realized that the calenders are online lol and they are probably more accurate :laugh:. Anywho I know we get around a month off after the summer semester. Then it starts all over again.
Heres the link:

http://mcphs.edu/about_mcphs/offices_and_services/registrar/academic_calendar.html