Official june/20/2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UoCfin

Love that white coat
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEY, TO FOLLOW THE OTHERS: I AM CREATING THE OFFICIAL JUNE/20/2013 MCAT TEST DAY THREAD.

First off: this is my birthday...so whooooooo...
Second,,,am choosing this late test date so that i can creat a gap between my class finals and my test date: taking three classes spring 2013.
Third:::need as much time as possible for this beast...

So, SNDers...please comment...tell us ur plans...study attitude...

Members don't see this ad.

Practice tests avg = 29-33
Actual score = 31 (12/8/11) breakdown was about the same as the practice tests. Could have scored a bit higher on bs

My AAMC average was around 38. On AAMC 10, I got 12 PS, 12 VR, 15 BS. On AAMC 11, I got 10 PS (ouch!), 13 VR, 15 BS. I took 11 in the middle of the night so that might account for the PS. A little surprised at the 11 in VR, since I usually got at least a 12 there. I think I lost focus during verbal because I thought I FAILED PS. Was not expecting this high of a score at all.

^^This was in response to The Kraken

Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you that have had the courage to look, what were your aamc practice compared to what you got?

My average across all of the AAMC FLs was a 34, with PS consistently being the highest section. The opposite happened on the actual, but my composite ended up being within 1 point of my practice average.

avg 29
actual 28

Retaking probably... cant decide. horrible breakdown.

PS:8
V:12
BS:8

Idk what is wrong with me. Off to the bar. Congrats to everyone else.

10VR/13BS/13PS (36). I'm so happy! My last practice test had a score below 30 and I thought I was in trouble!

Edit: Don't know average. Took all but one AAMC practice test: ranging from 26-31.

wow....2pm? or 8am? I'm not chekcing yet......

To those who made their scores, Congrats!. And for those of you who didn't, keep working at it and don't give up. Just to see the overall predictability of the AAMC's, could you guys post your scores in this format:

Real Score: PS/VR/BS
AAMC Average: PS/VR/BS
AAMC 11 score: PS/VR/BS
Post test prediction: PS/VR/BS

Suggestions:

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I was just informed by a friend of mine who was following this thread that my anonymity has been compromised and since I never intended to give out my actual score to friends/family I'll say this.

My prediction was

PS/VR/BS
8/11/11

My median was
PS/VR/BS
11/11/11

My actual was very close to my median, no section under a 10. My state school's Dean told me to get 10/10/10, I bested that. I'm over the moon. Hope there is still time for early decision at this point.

2pm test, I guess that PS got scaled heavily.

Last edited:
I feel like there are only a few people responding compared to the 300 looking on this forum...Does this mean the majority hasn't done well??? I'm so freaking out, but I can't look at my scores until my other half gets back from the hospital to prevent me from throwing things! LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to see the overall predictability of the AAMC's, could you guys post your scores in this format:

Real Score: PS/VR/BS
AAMC Average: PS/VR/BS
AAMC 11 score: PS/VR/BS
Post term prediction: PS/VR/BS

Real Score: 9/10/14
AAMC Average: 12/11/11
AAMC 11 score: 13/11/10
Post term prediction: 7/12/12

In total disbelief right now.

AAMC Average: 38
AAMC Range: 35-41

Post test feelings: Felt like absolute crap. Definitely had to guess on a number of problems. Actually thought Verbal Reasoning was my best section. Felt betrayed by the AAMC practice exams. Felt especially bad about PS.

Post test prediction: PS/VR/BS 10/13/12 with an expected range of 30-35

Actual: PS/VR/BS 14/11/14 total 39 :soexcited:

Last edited:
Aamc average: 32.5
Prediction: 28
Actual: 32

I'm relieved as heck. Off to the bar for me, glad I can get some money back for my aug 9 scheduled retake. Hope everyone gets the score they want.

I am at work right now and dam do i really wanna look at my score. I am just hoping for a score between a 23 and a 25... I really wanna look, I work until 10pm tonight and I have to be up for work early tomorrow morning. Can't wait until tomorrow.. I will check then lol!

For any of the lower scorers out there:

I sat for the 4/26 exam and got a 24. Peers of mine did even worse than that. Don't be ashamed, embarassed, or anything that you got bested by an incredibly difficult test. If you gave it your all studying and came up short, there is nothing to be ashamed of. If you didn't, then hit the books and try harder next time.

I said this after my own exam, but its very easy as a lurker on SDN to think that anyone who scores < 30 is dumb or something, particularly if you've never sat for the exam yourself. The average on this test is a 25, which on SDN is unbelievable low, but not when you put into perspective the caliber of people taking this test.

Don't get frustrated, study hard and try again next time.

for those of you that have had the courage to look, what were your aamc practice compared to what you got?

AAMC practice 24- actual test 24 but the breakdowns were very different on the practice tests I was scoring 8-9 on BS and PS and terrible in VR
On the actual I scored highest in VR? Weird!? I literally am TERRIBLE at VR so it kinda goes to show how much of a crap shoot this test can be

I scored PS: 12 VR: 07 BS: 12
total: 31

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on how medical schools consider verbal reasoning? Is it worth retaking?

PS 12
VS 11
BS 12

Rewriting on Friday..... Beyond happy with my PS. I thought I would score below 10 because that PS was the hardest I've ever written. Very unhappy about BS though, thought I'd get 14 at least... I'd rewrite anyway since I have already paid for Friday. If I do well I'll keep the score, otherwise I'd use this sitting.

PS 12
VS 11
BS 12

Rewriting on Friday..... Beyond happy with my PS. I thought I would score below 10 because that PS was the hardest I've ever written. Very unhappy about BS though, thought I'd get 14 at least... I'd rewrite anyway since I have already paid for Friday. If I do well I'll keep the score, otherwise I'd use this sitting.
are you insane? just go and click to the end of your test and void it

AAMC Average: Didn't calculate, but probably around 37
Prediction: I had no idea
Actual: 38 (13PS 13VR 12BS)

Truly shocked by the verbal score. I was praying for 11.

AAMC Average: Didn't calculate, but probably around 37
Prediction: I had no idea
Actual: 38 (13PS 13VR 12BS)

Truly shocked by the verbal score. I was praying for 11.

That's such a beautiful well rounded score

Very jealous, I hope I do that well

Def retake 8-12-8!?!?

I feel like I will look stupid applying with such low science scores. I feel so lost. I just can't believe I probably have to study for this crap again...

ugh not too sure what to make of this breakdown

aamc average: 34
aamc range: 30-37
aamc 11: 34
actual: 30 (12 8 10)

I scored on the low end of my range due to verbal, and I never got below a 10 for verbal on any practice test. Very weird breakdown...I came out thinking I would get an 8 or 9 on the physical sciences, at least a 10 on verbal, and a 14 on bio. Any suggestions? Honestly, I don't know if I've got it in me to study again for this test. That verbal score scares me though.

By the way, I took the 8AM test.

Real Score: 34: 10/13/11
AAMC Average: 35.4: 10.6/13.6/11.2 (range 34-37)
AAMC 11 score: 36: 11/13/12
Post term prediction: 9/13/12

Got 36s and 37s on my last few, even when I took one in the middle of the night to try it under bad conditions. 13 was my lowest verbal, hadn't gotten below a 12 on bio for a few tests. Bummed but mostly fine with it, good enough.

2 pm

Last edited:
2 pm test taker

PS/VR/BS: 13/8/11 (stupid verbal!!)
Total: 32
AAMC average: 33

Considering how terrible I felt about the PS section, I am quite pleased with the final result. I am probably going to retake as I am trying to apply to schools across Canada. For those who are dissatisfied, I know how you feel as I am a re-taker. Just keep your head up and work hard! Good luck to everyone!

Dang!! Scored a 26, AAMC FL average of 29 though!! Lowest score in BS thanks to the Q's being based heavily on the passages themselves. ****. Retake coming.. be prepared AAMC.. I'm coming for you.. Liam Neeson style.

As a 26 who wants to get a 30+ would you recommend I take a Sept exam, or a January? I'd appreciate all tips. Thank you!

^^

would have been happy to break 30.

I feel like i have gotten dumber over the years.

Were you agreeing with my comment?! Dangit!!!!!!!!!

Hey congratulations to everyone who did very well!!! You all deserve to celebrate extra hard!! No more MCAT for you forever!!

Im in the same boat. 31, ps 12, vr 8, bs 11. Idk if my vr is good enough. I was in 8 AM as well.

almost identical score haha. I feel ya, that verbal score is making me uncomfortable. I'd say you're good to go with that 11 on the bio pulling you over a 30. What were you averaging going into it?

2PM...almost gave up after PS

Real Score: 31 9/11/11
AAMC Average: 28 9/9/10 range: 26-32
AAMC 11 score: 27 8/10/9
Post test prediction: 27 8/10/9

Completely shocked.

This post is dedicated to all the people who went in thinking they bombed a section.

I thought I got an 8 on PS. No joke, I seriously thought I got probably half the section wrong. I thought I did really well on the other two, but was afraid that since it was easy I would be curved down. I was praying for a 30 or 31!

Average: 35 11/12/12
Actual: 35 10/11/14

Your post test feelings mean NOTHING. For every time you choked on a question or panicked, hundreds of other students did the same. Trust in your averages. I spent the week after the exam looking through all the other MCAT threads looking for posts like the one I'm writing now. Here's another one for people like me.

Congrats to everyone who scored what they wanted!

almost identical score haha. I feel ya, that verbal score is making me uncomfortable. I'd say you're good to go with that 11 on the bio pulling you over a 30. What were you averaging going into it?

I was averaging 32-33. My VR avg was probably 8 or 9 at the best. I am TERRIBLE at Verbal (Reading kicked my butt in ACT) but English is my second language so Idk. I still submitted my primary for 14 MD Schools. Just debating on whether to apply for DO schools. Whats your plan?

Practice Average: 31.5
Post test thoughts: 27-29, three hours of sleep FTW.
Actual: 30

So pumped to break 30! Now time for some secondaries. Good luck everyone :)