Official june/20/2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UoCfin

Love that white coat
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEY, TO FOLLOW THE OTHERS: I AM CREATING THE OFFICIAL JUNE/20/2013 MCAT TEST DAY THREAD.

First off: this is my birthday...so whooooooo...
Second,,,am choosing this late test date so that i can creat a gap between my class finals and my test date: taking three classes spring 2013.
Third:::need as much time as possible for this beast...

So, SNDers...please comment...tell us ur plans...study attitude...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm blown away by why they don't know exactly when they will post their scores. They had an entire month to grade this. This is ridiculous.

Thousands of people at hundreds of testing centers across the country take all take the same version of an exam that is used as one of primary metrics for determining whether they'll be accepted into extremely competitive programs with a very limited number of coveted seats. The difficulty of that exam has to be scaled against every other version that is administered, each also taken by thousands of other students.

They also have to ensure that all of the questions are fair, provide necessary information to answer, and are free of errors. This process is certainly done more than once. They also likely compare answers and look for scoring patterns at each testing center, to determine if the integrity of the exam was compromised.

It seems, at least to me, like something that would take a good deal of time. The days leading up to the release of the scores, everything is verified to make sure all of that was done correctly. On score release day, they likely perform final verifications before finally releasing scores. Each step likely takes a particular length of time, but if they need to go back and re-verify something, it'll take longer.

Look at them releasing scores as the launch of the space shuttle. There's a launch window within which they intend to have everything done. But, there can be any number of systems that need to be rechecked or random factors that can contribute to a delay.

That's why they can't give you an exact time. It'll just be "sometime after X and hopefully before Y".

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard about it. Ignore it. I know someone who got a 34 on his ACT and a 40 on his MCAT.

Well the ACT only goes up to 35 so obviously it can't be true for everyone. But since most people get between 25-35 on both tests I think it makes sense.

Everyone should just find some very mundane bonding activity to do to kill time

Like everyone should just go to the grocery store, get a box of cheerios, and post their bar code number on the thread and discuss consistencies

Hahahaha that would be such a science major thing to do

i know someone who got a 26 act and a 35 mcat. people change. there really shouldnt be any correlation between tests that are taken 5ish years apart from each other

did you guys knows, 10 years ago, people were allowed to choose which mcat score to send out to all the medical schools. how much less stress would that put on us right now. its really BS how much everything is changing. As if doctors today are doing extremely poorly in their respective fields...

why are we talking about SATs?? haha

Oh come on if we bomb this thing we all want remind ourself of our awesome previous standardized test scores to remind ourselves that we're smart!

Also I mentioned an ACT-MCAT score correlation that some people believe in.

Members don't see this ad :)
did you guys knows, 10 years ago, people were allowed to choose which mcat score to send out to all the medical schools. how much less stress would that put on us right now. its really BS how much everything is changing. As if doctors today are doing extremely poorly in their respective fields...

We should stage a revolution. Boycott the MCAT!

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if thousands of pre-meds suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly retakes.

Soo... ALL of our MCAT scores will be sent to the schools we apply to? MD and DO? I thought we had to send it through THx ourselves.

This thread is awfully quiet.. Maybe I shouldn't be bummed about my 32 :/ (12/8/11, damn verbal -_-)

Last edited:
33: PS-10 ; VR- 10 ; BS- 13

I thought I was going to do worse and am surprised I got a 10 in PS (but thought I would have scored higher in VR).

My AAMC avg was 33 with the same breakdown except usually scored higher in VR on those. My Kaplan avg was 36 --- so to those of you who haven't taken the test yet-- go by your AAMC avg for a sense of preparedness.

Good luck to all who have yet to take it and I hope the rest of the June 20th crew is happy with their scores!

July 26 2012: PS12/VR04/BS09 = 25

June 20 2013: PS12/VR08/BS11 = 31

I am happy with the 6 points increase and 8 in verbal. Hopefully will be good enough for MD and DO school.

10VR/13BS/13PS (36). I'm so happy! My last practice test had a score below 30 and I thought I was in trouble!

Edit: Don't know average. Took all but one AAMC practice test: ranging from 26-31.