***Official Integrated Vascular Surgery Match 2012-2013***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from UCLA or Methodist in Texas?

Members don't see this ad.

If you would like an opinion from someone in the integrated vascular residency at Mount Sinai (who loves it by the way) instead of from what appears to be a embittered former MSSM pathology resident, pm me!

please don't be misled by the occasional troll you encounter on this forum. There are a lot of great programs out there, and there is a shocking amount of variation between them. Go out and figure out what will work best for you. Best of luck to everyone on the trail, I think your going to have a great time.

lol. just ask this fellow who will tell you the absolute truth. apparently just created this sdn profile to just rant. what a louse.

I know a lot of these already went out, but I recently heard from Methodist, MUSC (which I know was one of the first ones to go out, but I just heard from them this week), and UC Davis.

Hope interviews are going well for everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also heard from Methodist (which is apparently technically affiliated with Cornell which I just learned, thought it was Baylor but apparently no more). Also Yale, Dartmouth, Arkansas :thumbup:

haha well sorry to disappoint you mimelim, but i'm not from baylor or texas and have only read about it in relation to Dr. debakey and all that had happened at baylor in surgical history when i was reading up on hx for my subI (attending was big on surgical hx). for those of us not affiliated or in the know, things happen that consume our lives..... 8 years ago i was living in a war zone :p.

Hey! Can anybody post the link to the Google Docs that is going around?

Are there anymore places that haven't sent invites out yet? I know UAB was waiting until around now but I didn't know if there was anyone else.

ah correct had forgotten about UAB....i did hear back from stanford, ucla and northwestern all within the past 7-10 days or so in case anyone was wondering

hey everyone, it's been fun seeing you on the trail - what do you think is the best practice, telling your #1 they're your #1, then your top 5 or so that they're "highly ranked?" you think this will hurt your chances at the "highly ranked" bc they know they're not your #1?

"Very highly" = top 5

"Top of my list"= top 3

"You're my number one"= #1

Congrats everyone! Anyone have a compiled list of where everyone is going?? Curious about my future colleagues.

Or just posting it here? And any news as to applicant Step 1/2 scores, # of pubs, etc? Some data on this would be very helpful.

where is this list going around? can you post it on that interview date thread that's shared? thanks!

Is a more up-to-date list available of 2012-2013 interview dates? Have they been consistent, for those programs that are more than a year or two old, across years? Just hoping to predict 2013-2014 dates, if possible.