Traditional Thoracic Surgery Fellowship Match 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToyotaRav4

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all:
With the application opening around the corner, I wanted to start a thread for the 22-23 traditional thoracic surgery fellowship match to coordinate interviews and share insights into programs . So far looks like 63 programs participating. Who is going for thoracic and who is going for cardiac?

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying for Thoracic tract this year although keeping an open mind. Looks like most of the interviews are going to be virtual this year?

I am applying cardiac. Should be all virtual again, I imagine programs may have in person optional visits possibly but nothing official. Excited to start the process!

Members don't see this ad :)
Applying cardiac. 66 programs so far, any idea on final number?
Goodluck everyone!

whatsapp for sure. much easier to navigate than this forum. we can also attach documents through it- this google doc and whatever else we stumble into.

Thanks for starting this thread. Per ERAS not participating programs are: Mount Sinai, Mass Gen, NYU, Cincinnati, Iowa, Kentucky, Wake Forest. Additionally, Cleveland Clinic is saying they are ONLY taking one thoracic track resident this year. No cardiac...

Reactions: 1 user