official CA POST BAC 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I agree, let this waiting game be over!!!:mad:

Have you recieved an interview date from any of the schools, or have they not contacted you at all (UCD UCSF UCSD)? Also, are many of you in the same boat, or have you had interviews...

I'm in the same boat (trying to bail out the water). Two rejections (UCSF&UCI) no word on interviews.:( So I guess I'll just wait for the rest of the rejections.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat (trying to bail out the water). Two rejections (UCSF&UCI) no word on interviews.:( So I guess I'll just wait for the rest of the rejections.

I have not heard back from any schools except UCI (rejection). How and when did UCSF contact you? Was the rejection pre or post interview? Lastly, when did your status become "complete"? Thank you so very much.

I received my rejection from UCSF via snail mail today. I guess I'm waiting for the rest of mine as well

I received my rejection from UCSF via snail mail today. I guess I'm waiting for the rest of mine as well

I also got my rejection through snail mail.

Rejection from UCI and UCSF. Application considered complete March 3.

On a better note, SFSU called me today and took me off the waitlist! SFSU isn't as great as the UC programs, but when all the UCs reject you, then you got to go with other options. Did anyone else consider SFSU?

Sorry guys... dumb question but what is snail mail??

Sorry guys... dumb question but what is snail mail??

mail you get... in the mail :oops:) ...as opposed to electronic mail.

I myself got a rejection letter from UCSF. With this "green" thing going on, they should have just sent REJECTIONs via e-mail. A total waste of paper. I guess they want it to be... more personal :oops:)

Anyone who was interviewed at UCI received a rejection already?

ohh ok... thanks! :) soo has anyone else heard back!? mmm where are all the people with the positive messages.. I am in desperate need of a dose of Hope... :'(

ohh ok... thanks! :) soo has anyone else heard back!? mmm where are all the people with the positive messages.. I am in desperate need of a dose of Hope... :'(

I feel you on that one.

Oh no. I'm so very sorry. Thank you for responding during these tough times. I guess I'll just twiddle my thumbs...over and over and over again...then stalk the mailman so this process can just be done already. I can empathize for sure.

I am left to hear from UCD and UCSD, i hope there is still hope

UCSF's rejection is harsher than UCI from what I've seen posted here"

"...that your application has not received favorable consideration by the committee". - UCSF

Although it bounces back inspiring at the end:

"...and that you ultimately achieve the goal of attending medical school".

Members don't see this ad :)
Got into UCD and reject by UCSF. Going to UCD. Applied to all but UCI. Never heard anything from UCLA. Has anybody heard from UCLA?

its still not over till u get a letter! i got an interview today. gl everyone!

Well, if anyone was considering doing UC Berkeley Ex courses a la carte, I am taking my first course starting next week, while I'm waiting to hear back from Drexel IMS. :eek:

Well, if anyone was considering doing UC Berkeley Ex courses a la carte, I am taking my first course starting next week, while I'm waiting to hear back from Drexel IMS. :eek:

I thought about it.

but they don't take financial aid. :(

its still not over till u get a letter! i got an interview today. gl everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS!!:) This is great news. To where and how did they contact you? Also, when was your app deemed complete?

Has anyone who Interviewed at UCI heard back from admissions?

Has anyone who Interviewed at UCI heard back from admissions?

I interviewed at UCI, but have not heard back yet. Do you know how many people UCI interviewed and how many they are accepting. UCI said they were interviewing up until the first week of June, so we should hear back soon :)

Got a paper rejection from SF as well

I interviewed at UCI, but have not heard back yet. Do you know how many people UCI interviewed and how many they are accepting. UCI said they were interviewing up until the first week of June, so we should hear back soon :)

I had my interview first week of May and I remember having several interview blocks from May 3 thru 7 to choose from. And correct me if i'm mistaken but they had me pick from 3-4 interview blocks on a given day. Is it possible they interviewed 25 people that week? I'm assuming not all blocks were meant for interviews. I think it was just given as options should the invited applicant need any adjustments in sched and what not.

Silent treatment from UCI since then.

also, somebody was offered admission already 2 weeks following the interview at UCI. this is why i could not help but to think that i am already out of the running. i guess they dont like me enough and they are still fishing for a better catch.

I got accepted in UCD!:D Had my interview on the June 3rd and heard back from the them the next day. Still no word from UCI but I rather go to Davis.

Good luck everybody. Hope you hear some good news soon!

I got into UCSD and UCD, I'll be going to Davis. Got an interview at UCI and never heard back.

Don't get discouraged. This is one out of many possibilities to get into medical school. One door closed, but there are many others that are open.

Ok so I have a question! Today is June 6th... and till today I have not heard back from anywhere... even from the one place I interview... does anyone know why they have not sent an email... a letter... a sign of something... I am dying here.. and please.. some one write something... lol it kills me to check and not see anyupdates ... thanks!

Don't get discouraged. This is one out of many possibilities to get into medical school. One door closed, but there are many others that are open.

if87
To be honest, I don't think you will get an interview from any other school. However, if you had an interview, you still have a chance.

Got rejected for UCI, but still waiting on all the rest...

If you get interviews, they email you about it- right? Hopefully not by snail mail... I do not trust my insane family with the mail...

I have not heard back from any schools except UCI (rejection). How and when did UCSF contact you? Was the rejection pre or post interview? Lastly, when did your status become "complete"? Thank you so very much.

They were kind enough to send me a letter via snail mail :oops: So now I'm still waiting I sent an Email to Davis and got a response back that day that said they'll still be finalizing throughout mid - late June (whatever that means).

Well I only interviewed at UCI, and they contacted me via e-mail.
Got rejected for UCI, but still waiting on all the rest...

If you get interviews, they email you about it- right? Hopefully not by snail mail... I do not trust my insane family with the mail...

Hello,

1) Congrats on the many acceptance letters/calls...etc.

2) If you have been rejected or still waiting- don't worry!!!!
I know this is easy to say and so difficult to do BUT if you really feel like being a Doctor is your niche in society THEN it will happen. Some people don't make it to med school until 25 or even 40!!! Have no worries...from what I read it seems like were all pretty young (I'm 22) and we have our whole life ahead of us :) There is always the option of getting a masters, re-taking the MCAT or simply working for a year or 2...but NEVER NEVER give up!!!!

If anyone ever needs a pick-me up convo...just PM....I almost gave up on this dream so I know how it feels to be discouraged.... I hope this helps someone :love:

Sincerely,

Your fellow Futuredoc

Just got accepeted in to UC Irvine, so for all of you who interviewed there expect a response soon....good luck.

How did UCI contact you? email/snail mail??

Got accepted to UCI, UCSD, and UCD. I'm not considering UCSD (heard WAY too many bad things about it), so I need help in choosing between UCI and UCD! I heard that UCD has a really strong program, but I haven't heard much about UCI. Any suggestions??

Got accepted to UCI, UCSD, and UCD. I'm not considering UCSD (heard WAY too many bad things about it), so I need help in choosing between UCI and UCD! I heard that UCD has a really strong program, but I haven't heard much about UCI. Any suggestions??

Yeah I've heard Davis is way better than Irvine. What bad things have you heard about San Diego's program?

I have heard Irvine is pretty good too. In Irvine you can take some classes and if you need research or Clinical to improve your app they let you do that.

Yeah I've heard Davis is way better than Irvine. What bad things have you heard about San Diego's program?

Hello people,

My opinion may be biased since I just finished the program, but UCI Post-Bacc was great! I loved the how the communication with the staff was open door policy. I loved the freedom to choose classes and be involved with research (which UCI is known for).

Honestly, the program has been criticized before, which understandably makes people unsure if they want to attend UCI. This year however, all 9 of us have NOTHING negative to say about the program and rank it 10 out of 10.

I had a great year in the Post-bacc and I expect all of you to enjoy this wonderful opportunity. Please feel free to send me messages and ask me any questions about UCI.

Good Luck to All-

Icure

I heard from a few personal friends who have gone through the program that it is way too expensive for the value that you get. The school doesn't offer much financial aid, and they expect you to live on campus (located in La Jolla = pricey cost of living) the entire year without working in any shape or form. They don't have linkage to any schools, not even to their own (the director hinted that the UCSD med school pretty much detaches itself from the PB program, and that students are not likely to get into UCSD). The rate of matriculation into medical school is not as high as other UCs. The list goes on.

Thanks for all your input RE UCI! Please post more!

I talked to UCLA RAP admin today and they said they will notify everyone tomorrow of their statuses ... good luck to applicants!

Hey guys... I got an interview at UCSF on May 26 and got an e-mail saying I'm on the alternate list. How likely am I to get into the program being on this alternate list? Haven't heard back from any of the other programs. This wait is killing me. :(

I got into UCD, UCLA RAP, Drexel's DPMS, and alternate list for UCSD. However, I have chosen to go to Davis!!! I just informed UCLA RAP, DPMS, and UCSD today that I decline their acceptances so I hope that opens up positions for other people. Good luck everyone!!!

I didn't even get a response yet from them :( Does that mean I'm super screwed?

Hey guys... I got an interview at UCSF on May 26 and got an e-mail saying I'm on the alternate list. How likely am I to get into the program being on this alternate list? Haven't heard back from any of the other programs. This wait is killing me. :(

I didn't even get a response yet from them Does that mean I'm super screwed?