***Official August 2005 MCAT Scores Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gujuDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not making a fake announcement. But as per the AAMC login: The message now says the MCAT SCORES WILL BE LOADED TONIGHT. They reupdated it again.

So that being said.......this will be the thread to post your scores as it comes out.......

Here are the things I want you to fill out:

1. Your Form (If you remember):

2. Your Practice Score Range:

3. What you used to Study

4. How do you feel right now????? Ecstatic, Neutral, Disappointed, etc.

Any other comments you'd like to make.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi gujuDoc,

Well, I'm in 3rd year now. Since I doubt I will get in anywhere during this application cycle within Ontario, because of my VR, I will end up applying all over Canada and the States next cycle. I don't think any US schools take students without a degree. I might as well re-write the MCAT too in April, just before re-applying to get in after 4 years of undergrad.

gujuDoc said:
I'm sorry to hear about your Verbal score, but I'm sure you can pull it up if things don't work out. Have you thought about giving your shot at american schools?????/ Some might be ok with it, because the rest of your scores.

why does it seem like half the people in this forum got in the freakin' 99th percentile on the MCAT? i am SO JEALOUS!

AxlxA said:
Uh oh, the august mcaters are ready to get into the game. Now we lost our "apply early" strategy.

Damn it to hell....that was supposed to be my golden ticket to med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Scewby Doo 1973 said:
why does it seem like half the people in this forum got in the freakin' 99th percentile on the MCAT? i am SO JEALOUS!

The curve for SDN is skewed. Seriously, a lot of people who scored lower or some who even scored in the 25 range just won't post their score. I know that initially I didn't.

PS:12, VR:13, BS:13, W:Q
total: 38Q

1. Your Form (If you remember): AG

2. Your Practice Score Range

I took aamc practice tests numbers 3 and 8. On 3, I got a 37, on 8 I got a 38. Good predictors, it seems.

3. What you used to Study

I got the kaplan books free from somebody and read almost all of the PS and BS books. I didn't read the comprehensive book, and I only briefly looked at the essay tips from the writing/verbal book. I really thought the science books were great review, though. Seriously; you don't need to take the class, but read the books! I actually found parts of them interesting (some things I hadn't learned before.) I think the best studying, however, is really just working hard to actually _learn_ the material as you go through the classes. For instance, I have a friend who did no studying for last year's august mcat and only two practice tests, and he got a 39 (3x13). Not surprisingly, he has the grades and knowledge to match.

4. How do you feel right now????? Ecstatic, Neutral, Disappointed, etc.

I feel great about it. I'd be a jerk to complain.

Any other comments you'd like to make.

I feel very lucky that my hard work has paid off. I have nothing but the deepest respect and empathy for those on these boards and elsewhere who worked just as hard, if not harder, and who didn't get the scores that they wanted. I'm very sorry, guys, but from how much I've seen that you care, I hope to call you Dr. one day.

33R
PS:12, VR:10, BS:11, W:R

1. Form BM (almost laughed out loud when I read that on test day)

2. Diag: 22, Last practice test: 31

3. Took a Kaplan class and found that it was a huge waste of money. We had 7 teachers over the 5 months that I took the class. We got our first teacher fired from Kaplan because he was terrible, and they cancelled and switched classes on us all the time. The only helpful part were the simulated practice tests. I also used my old textbooks a lot. They were more helpful than the Kaplan stuff, especially for Physics and Chem stuff.

4. I'm happy, but wish I had done better because I need a really good score to offset my lower than average GPA. Undecided about whether to retake.

Congratulations to everyone that took it and did well though, WORST TEST EVER!

34Q
10PS 11VR 13BS

1. Your Form (If you remember): AG

2. Your Practice Score Range: TPR & AAMC 25-30

3. What you used to Study: TPR, AAMC 7 & 8

4. How do you feel right now?? Ecstatic. For all you retakers out there, there is hope. This was my 3rd time writing. Aug 2003: 25O, Aug 2004: 30Q (not a bad score, but I had an 8 in verbal). Took the TPR course last summer and retook it this summer. Used EK 101 Verbal passages to help. So, don't give up!!

Scewby Doo 1973 said:

b/c for many people, the next step after receiving a good score is telling everyone about it and reaping the praise (they wouldn't admit that, but I bet it makes them feel pretty good).

There are definitely people here who actively support and encourage those who busted their a$$ all summer and didn't get the score they want, and they are the ones who deserve the praise. Look for them if you can, but if you know that you're the jealous type, this might not be the healthiest place to be for a while. ;)

Oh, and if anybody thinks I'm undercutting the achievements of those who did score well, I'm not. Congratulations. I just think that if you are the type to follow your 41R with something like, "I hope that's good enough, what with my 3.98 gpa and that little Surgeon General gig back in '86," you need to show some damn class (not an actual quote, but you get the idea).

/steps off soapbox, again
//swore I'd never get back on

I forgot my form number...

My score was 41T: 12 V, 14 P, 15 B

My practice test scores averaged 39, with my high 42 and low 34. I took Princeton Review's program.

I'm pretty happy =)

Members don't see this ad :)
disheveled_dave said:
b/c for many people, the next step after receiving a good score is telling everyone about it and reaping the praise (they wouldn't admit that, but I bet it makes them feel pretty good).

There are definitely people here who actively support and encourage those who busted their a$$ all summer and didn't get the score they want, and they are the ones who deserve the praise. Look for them if you can, but if you know that you're the jealous type, this might not be the healthiest place to be for a while. ;)

Oh, and if anybody thinks I'm undercutting the achievements of those who did score well, I'm not. Congratulations. I just think that if you are the type to follow your 41R with something like, "I hope that's good enough, what with my 3.98 gpa and that little Surgeon General gig back in '86," you need to show some damn class (not an actual quote, but you get the idea).

/steps off soapbox, again
//swore I'd never get back on

You guys need to stop feeling soooooooo insecure when people with good scores post. Many of them did not know about this site before hand, or did not come here because it was distracting while studying for MCAT. A lot of them stick around for advice for the rest of the application status. And don't be sooooooo jealous, because while a great MCAT score will help, not everyone with a great mcat score gets 6+ interviews. Just look at some of the old April MCATers if you want proof of that one.

For instance, people like QofQuimica had all sorts of accusations when she posted her score last October, but she's been one of the most helpful posters here and what not. There are other cases of people like her too. NOT everyone is here solely for bragging rights. So get off of it.

I am so bummed.
Stupid 9's across the board... yes, that equals a 27P. I'm gonna cry! I don't know what to do! Stupid 3.9 GPA and a 27, how does that work? I think I studied too much of Kaplan's material. I had NO idea all of that micro would be on there. I'm a Chem major, so I wasn't prepared for that. Ahhhh... and I've already spent so much on applications. I dunno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help!

GoinAllTheWay said:
I am so bummed.
Stupid 9's across the board... yes, that equals a 27P. I'm gonna cry! I don't know what to do! Stupid 3.9 GPA and a 27, how does that work? I think I studied too much of Kaplan's material. I had NO idea all of that micro would be on there. I'm a Chem major, so I wasn't prepared for that. Ahhhh... and I've already spent so much on applications. I dunno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help!

27P could still get you an interview and acceptance somewhere, since your scores are balanced out.

I know for Florida schools, there were quite a few people who I knew who got in with a similar score, even though they had to be waitlisted first to get there.

My score was 34Q: 10 V, 11 P, 13 B

This was my first retake and I got a 32O last year: 8V, 13P, 11B

I'm happy most of my scores went up, but it sucks that I dropped ~15 percentile on my Physical sciences.

I studied using all the EK books, the Kaplan comprehensive review, and all of the AAMC practice tests.

gujuDoc said:
You guys need to stop feeling soooooooo insecure when people with good scores post. Many of them did not know about this site before hand, or did not come here because it was distracting while studying for MCAT. A lot of them stick around for advice for the rest of the application status. And don't be sooooooo jealous, because while a great MCAT score will help, not everyone with a great mcat score gets 6+ interviews. Just look at some of the old April MCATers if you want proof of that one.

For instance, people like QofQuimica had all sorts of accusations when she posted her score last October, but she's been one of the most helpful posters here and what not. There are other cases of people like her too. NOT everyone is here solely for bragging rights. So get off of it.

gujudoc, i definitely think you're right, and it's an important point to make.

people come on here to post their scores and those with good scores are often the very same people who are dishing out advice to others with not so good scores. i mean, think about it...if we only let people post who didn't have "good" scores, where would those same people get advice to improve their scores?

i'm just saying that i look to high-scoring posters as sources of information. it's certainly possible that someone could come on to brag or to fish for compliments, but for crying out loud, give people the benefit of the doubt.

gujuDoc said:

Dave allows for people not just posting for bragging rights in his second paragraph. His primary point is that there is a response bias in posting scores, which is a consequence of people wanting to achieve higher status rather than being on display for others' higher status attainment. I think that's right. Many who post with scores under 30 express their reluctance to do so because of all the high scores posted, and I would feel the same way in that situation.

Everyone here (as in life) is a status-seeker, but that doesn't preclude them from sincerely wanting to be of assistance to others; it's not that you're either a status-seeker or an altruistic advisor when you post high scores, but everyone who does so is motivated by some combination of both.

sanford_w/o_son said:
Dave allows for people not just posting for bragging rights in his second paragraph. His primary point is that there is a response bias in posting scores, which is a consequence of people wanting to achieve higher status rather than being on display for others' higher status attainment. I think that's right. Many who post with scores under 30 express their reluctance to do so because of all the high scores posted, and I would feel the same way in that situation.

Everyone here (as in life) is a status-seeker, but that doesn't preclude them from sincerely wanting to be of assistance to others; it's not that you're either a status-seeker or an altruistic advisor when you post high scores, but everyone who does so is motivated by some combination of both.

While I understand what you are saying. I posted because I hate seeing people get all jealous and what not the second they see people with high scores. Its like the less fortunate test takers want there to be a sign saying no 34+ students allowed to post or something.

It gets annoying. It was happening all summer long too. People kept getting offended when some of the people with higher stats posted.

And from what I can see in this thread..............

A lot of people with not soooooooooo high scores did tell their scores this time. This time, there were quite a few people who were very honest even though they didn't get what they wanted.

I remember in April, I didn't want to post my score. I did it reluctantly though. Everyone is posting good scores, because frankly, nobody wants to post a bad score. SDN is a very biased group of people. You don't want complete strangers thinking any less of you because of a low MCAT score (not saying anyone would, but there are a lot of elitists out there). Although this time, I didnt mind posting my score, I was happy about the improvement.

PS: 11
VR: 8
BS: 12

Composite: 31N
Form: BR

I don't know what happened to my verbal reasoning section. Through all 13 of my practice tests I averaged around 10 and 11 on this section. Will med schools look down on this score? Should I retake the test? Just very frustrated with my 8.

NCF145 said:
PS: 11
VR: 8
BS: 12

Composite: 31N
Form: BR

I don't know what happened to my verbal reasoning section. Through all 13 of my practice tests I averaged around 10 and 11 on this section. Will med schools look down on this score? Should I retake the test? Just very frustrated with my 8.

GOOD SCORE!!!!!!! DON'T RETAKE!!!!!!!

That is a good score and the 8 won't hurt you too much unless you are trying for HMS. So I'd go ahead and apply with it. Where were you thinking about applying too??

I really want to go to Baylor (that is why I am worried about an 8), other than that I am going to apply to all of the Texas schools, UCSD, Arizona, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, and any other school that catches my interest between now and applying.

I don't believe that I will get accepted to Johns Hopkins, Duke and other schools of that caliber, but I figured that it is impossible to get in if u don't apply.

NCF145 said:
I really want to go to Baylor (that is why I am worried about an 8), other than that I am going to apply to all of the Texas schools, UCSD, Arizona, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, and any other school that catches my interest between now and applying.

Can't really comment on Baylor, cuz I'm not sure how they look at in state vs. out of state and if that will help you any. But for the UT's, Georgetown, and possibly Vandy and Arizona, I would think it would help. But with Az and Tx, it depends a lot also on state of residency from my understanding.

gujuDoc said:
While I understand what you are saying. I posted because I hate seeing people get all jealous and what not the second they see people with high scores.
Then don't blast me for what I said. But just like you are sick of people getting all jealous and offended, I am sick of the people who post their high scores and can't (or won't) take an extra ten seconds to find a tasteful way to do so.

You (guju) are the very type person I complement. And again, the easy way to avoid all of this if you're the sensitive type is to stay off SDN. You may find support here if that's what you're looking for, but you'll also find a whole lot that won't improve your mood.

scentimint said:
people come on here to post their scores and those with good scores are often the very same people who are dishing out advice to others with not so good scores. i mean, think about it...if we only let people post who didn't have "good" scores, where would those same people get advice to improve their scores?
Wow. Re-read the 2nd paragraph of my post, please. You're just restating my main point.

sanford_w/o_son: glad I'm not the only one who feels this way :cool:

Originally Posted by gujuDoc
...for the UT's, Georgetown, and possibly Vandy and Arizona, I would think it would help.

So you are saying that I should retake the test for those schools? I am a texas resident, and Baylor saves 90% of its class for texas residents.

NCF145 said:
So you are saying that I should retake the test for those schools? I am a texas resident, and Baylor saves 90% of its class for texas residents.

No no no............sorry let me clarify. Those schools, I doubt you'd have a problem getting into. IF baylor takes many residents, I'm sure your score may give you a chance due to your residency, but you'd have to talk to an admissions director to see what they say.

Az, is the only school I question whether you'll be able to get into because it is a school that takes mostly in state residents, so I don't know how they look at out of staters.

I was saying for the other schools I didn't mention, it seems that it would be those schools you might have to retake for......like Hopkins would prefer people with top scores for instance. Most top 10 schools are that way.

However, I wouldn't retake if in your position. I would go ahead and apply if this is your year to apply and see how the application process pans out for you.

If you have no luck, then I'd retake. You do have a good score though, so don't worry about it.

Thank you for your advice. One of my good friend's uncle used to be on the adcom at Baylor. They both are coming down to my school for homecoming in the next few weeks, and my friend, his uncle and I are going to go to lunch. I'm going to try and get as much information out of him as possible. Hopefully at lunch he'll just make a call to the current committee and tell them to let me in...hahaha (one can only hope). :D

SearsTower said:
hey guju, is there any way to request a regrade?

There is for $50. But you'd have to contact the AAMC people.

However, I don't think it will change much. People have said, that most people who've requested a regrade only got a regrade on the essays and not on the numerical score. Meaning...........there scores didn't change except maybe for the writing.

Hhaha, not to rehash this discussion too much...but I just had to add this:

I don't know if I'm out of the loop and all of yall know each other and meet each other in person regularly...but I fail to see how this is an issue when this forum is for the most part anonymous. How does anyone know that I am real? and that I didn't just make up my scores? Isn't this site valuable for the great advice/support we all give each other? Who cares if there is someone with a 41T who is posting to get their glory, and with the intention of recieving complements, cause that's their problem -- I'm just more interested in how they actually did it, lol!

ps, does anyone else love the mdapplicants posts where some fictitious person will have a 4.0 BCMP, 44S, and have an undergrad degree from Harvard? I have yet to meet someone in person that's gotten a 40+...so at the moment, I feel it can only be achieved by robots with the answers somehow programmed into them...

gujuDoc said:
While I understand what you are saying. I posted because I hate seeing people get all jealous and what not the second they see people with high scores. Its like the less fortunate test takers want there to be a sign saying no 34+ students allowed to post or something.

It gets annoying. It was happening all summer long too. People kept getting offended when some of the people with higher stats posted.

And from what I can see in this thread..............

A lot of people with not soooooooooo high scores did tell their scores this time. This time, there were quite a few people who were very honest even though they didn't get what they wanted.

Khanal007 said:
I have yet to meet someone in person that's gotten a 40+...so at the moment, I feel it can only be achieved by robots with the answers somehow programmed into them...

This is why Guju is so sensitive about this topic; she *did* meet me in person. I've met several other SDNers in person, actually, and the consensus is that I am indeed a real, living flesh-and-blood human being. ;)

I'd just like to add this thought to your discussion: right now, you guys are a bit obsessed with MCAT scores, and understandably so, considering that your scores just came out. But please try to keep the importance of test scores in perspective. It's not necessary to score 40+ on the MCAT to get into medical school. It's not even necessary to score 30+ on the MCAT; many people are in medical school with scores in the mid to upper 20s, and a few even get in with scores in the lower 20s. Assuming that they have decent grades and test scores (meaning close to the school's averages), applicants who are successful do the following two things: (1) show motivation for medicine/knowledge of the medical field (i.e., by shadowing, clinical work, etc.), and (2) show a consistent interest in helping others (i.e., by volunteering, teaching, mentoring, etc.).

When I go to my interviews, I almost never get asked about my MCAT score. People are occasionally curious about it because it's so extreme, but in and of itself, it doesn't qualify me to go to medical school. What I do always get asked about is to explain why I want to go into medicine (motivation, with examples), and what I do to help others (service activities). That these two factors, and not my MCAT score, are consistently the focus of my interviews tells us quite a bit about what really matters the most to medical schools.

Chris Benoit said:
I forgot my form number...

My score was 41T: 12 V, 14 P, 15 B

My practice test scores averaged 39, with my high 42 and low 34. I took Princeton Review's program.

I'm pretty happy =)

Someone, pick up the "Get Well" cards..... your score is SICK!!! Congrats..lol... I love to hear about all these crazy scores.

this is my first time posting. A friend referred me here and I've been reading the forum the past few days. There are some excellent and helpful people here. GujuDoc-I cannot believe how well I think of you, and yet I've only read a couple dozen of your posts....I believe your posts probably make a lot of people feel better, and most importantly they are honest.

In any case, I haven't been accepted to a medical school or even gotten an interview yet, but I just wanted to toss in my couple of cents.

It's COMPLETELY understandable for people to be flipping out about their MCAT scores...my goodness, you spent at least two-three months of your lives preparing for an 8-hour test that would cause most students to a) dehydrate, b) cry, c) flip-out, break their pencil and ninja kick their chair...so people who don't do well are entitled to feel awful and people who do well should be very proud, and pat themselves on their backs (if you have more than one back). Of course, there is a tension when people who do well decide to post their scores and then people who didn't do well read those scores.

Anyways, for people who are beating themselves up about their score...(I'm sure other people have posted about score improvements, but for some reason, I think I'm writing the thread that's going to make you feel better),
I scored a 28 my first time, and unless AMCAS posted my score wrong accidentally, I scored a 37 this past August...which is a pretty good improvement. Needless to say, I'm happy about my score.

My point is that I am not brilliant, nor am I the type that is "on top of my game" consistently. There is no one type of person ie. robots (I guess they aren't people, but you get my point) that are able to get into medical school. For every brilliant, hard-working, perpetually prompt, research-publishing, patient-saving, star-athlete/musican, there is a party-loving, pot-smoking, beer-guzzling person who may die young but does enough in terms of grades, extracurriculars, and scores to get into medical school. But really, this dichotomy hardly exists. For the majority of us, we're somewhere in between.

Bottom line is be yourselves, enjoy life, and reach for your goals...and don't get down on yourself because you think "you're not cut out to do well." That's a fallacy. We all can do well, if we try our hardest and do things the "right" way.

Jeez, I sound sappy and crusader-like. But trust me, after you feel like crap for a while...try and get reenergized, bear down, and focus, and in the end, I think you'll be the ones posting about 30+ scores.

Best wishes to everyone here,
SteelerFan

Steelerfan, congrats! What an improvement and all..... And you're right, Gujudoc is amazing :love: :love:

Form BG
Practice Test Range 26-30
11-VR 8-PS 10-BS M-WS
ExamKrackers and AAMC Tests

I scored a 26O in April so I'm glad I improved by 3. Little disappointed that I didn't come up more in PS, though. I don't know what happened in writing-last time I took fifteen minutes per prompt and slept through the rest to get an O. This time I focused in and really tried to write a decent essay but to no avail. Verbal also shocked me because I never got higher than 9 on any practice test. Still happy cuz I had a great interview with my first choice school the day I got the scores. Good luck everyone!

QofQuimica said:
This is why Guju is so sensitive about this topic; she *did* meet me in person. I've met several other SDNers in person, actually, and the consensus is that I am indeed a real, living flesh-and-blood human being. ;)

I'd just like to add this thought to your discussion: right now, you guys are a bit obsessed with MCAT scores, and understandably so, considering that your scores just came out. But please try to keep the importance of test scores in perspective. It's not necessary to score 40+ on the MCAT to get into medical school. It's not even necessary to score 30+ on the MCAT; many people are in medical school with scores in the mid to upper 20s, and a few even get in with scores in the lower 20s. Assuming that they have decent grades and test scores (meaning close to the school's averages), applicants who are successful do the following two things: (1) show motivation for medicine/knowledge of the medical field (i.e., by shadowing, clinical work, etc.), and (2) show a consistent interest in helping others (i.e., by volunteering, teaching, mentoring, etc.).

When I go to my interviews, I almost never get asked about my MCAT score. People are occasionally curious about it because it's so extreme, but in and of itself, it doesn't qualify me to go to medical school. What I do always get asked about is to explain why I want to go into medicine (motivation, with examples), and what I do to help others (service activities). That these two factors, and not my MCAT score, are consistently the focus of my interviews tells us quite a bit about what really matters the most to medical schools.

This is the point I was trying to bring up. Actually there was a much more important reason why I bring up your name vs. someone else with an equally high score.

I brought up your name, because you are an example of someone who started with their first post being their MCAT score, in the MCAT score release thread, but who has stuck around and created the SUBFORUM and hence gone above and beyond out of your way to help future MCAT test takers.

Not only that, but your other posts in preallo have included quite a few helpful posts to help other students out. I hardly call that coming out here to brag.

There are others who could go in the same pile as you, as that of the infamous Nutmeg who also got a 40, but has not just come here to brag, and has instead done massive amounts of service by helping the subforum out.

Then there's Lorelei too. Your name was just the first example that pops in mind to make my point. That's why I brought you up. :p :p

But getting back to the point...................

There are a few students who only got 1-2 interviews with that 34+ or 40+ because other factors may be lacking like GPA being slightly lower or having a lack of significant Ec's, etc.

Then there's others who haven't even gotten an interview yet with good stats, and then there's those who get like 5+ interviews.

So to everyone else:

Take things into perspective. If you got at least a semi-decent MCAT score you'll be ok. You don't need to be Einstein to get in.

steelerfan, you are so right. congrats SO much on your score improvement. that's AWESOME!!

and gujudoc and qofquimica, we really appreciate your support. you guys demonstrate the kind of compassion and heart needed to be a great doctor.

i'm only hoping with some hard work i can do the same. and if i don't, i know that it's not because i'm stupid or because i'm a bad person. it's just one test, and i have lots of other things going for me, so i'm still going to go for it next year.

and btw, you SO root for the right team!! :D

First time:

Form FL

VR 11
BS 11
PS 9
W R

Total: 31R

So, my first impression was "weird," because, I thought VR was really rough, and I thought that I had rocked PS. I am a little worried about that 9, I must say. I also feel that I could have gotten at least 1-2 points higher in PS and 1 point higher BS (as I got these scores on Kaplan tests). Based on what my premed advisor/MSAR says, though, it seems that this is not a good enough reason to retake the test, and moreoever, I really don't want to sit through another one of those, so I think I might stick with what I got.

I'll be applying for fall '07 admisson with a 3.7 gpa, lots of research experience (publication, poster presentation at national conference), medical spanish interpreting at my local hospital, orgo tutoring etc. I'm thinking that my MCAT won't be the decisive factor here (I hope!). Does this seem reasonable, or should I consider a re-test?

You're looking good as a complete package.

fotografía said:
First time:

From FL

VR 11
BS 11
PS 9
W R

So, my first impression was "weird," because, I thought VR was really rough, and I thought that I had rocked PS. I am a little worried about that 9, I must say. I also feel that I could have gotten at least 1-2 points higher in PS and 1 point higher BS (as I got these scores on Kaplan tests). Based on what my premed advisor/MSAR says, though, it seems that this is not a good enough reason to retake the test, and moreoever, I really don't want to sit through another one of those, so I think I might stick with what I got.

I'll be applying for fall '07 admisson with a 3.7 gpa, lots of research experience (publication, poster presentation at national conference), medical spanish interpreting at my local hospital, orgo tutoring etc. I'm thinking that my MCAT won't be the decisive factor here (I hope!). Does this seem reasonable, or should I consider a re-test?

HunterGatherer said:
You're looking good as a complete package.

I echo this sentiment. The application profile looks good and there's no need to retake with a 31. I had a friend with similar stats last year and similar ec's, minus the publications part......

She had like 7+ interviews. So I think your stats are good and there's no need for torture.

First time posting on SDN, so I guess I'll post my scores.

35L

10VR
13PS
12BS
L (yes L, and I'm proud of it)

Just glad its over...hopefully I'll have something useful to post in the future. Congrats to everyone who's happy. For the people that aren't happy, if you want to be a doctor hard enough, you'll make it happen. Don't give up. And for the people that are too chicken to check their scores, its like ripping off a bandaid. Just do it quickly and don't think about it.

BeatValley said:
First time posting on SDN, so I guess I'll post my scores.

35L

10VR
13PS
12BS
L (yes L, and I'm proud of it)

Just glad its over...hopefully I'll have something useful to post in the future. Congrats to everyone who's happy. For the people that aren't happy, if you want to be a doctor hard enough, you'll make it happen. Don't give up. And for the people that are too chicken to check their scores, its like ripping off a bandaid. Just do it quickly and don't think about it.

I like the way you put things in that last paragraph. I never woulda thought of the analogy of checking scores being like pulling off a bandaid.

:laugh: :laugh:

Congrats on the good score.

fotografía said:
First time:

From FL

VR 11
BS 11
PS 9
W R

i am in the same boat as you. i got a 31, but was scoring 32+ on the practice tests (37 on aamc 7). my distribution, however, was 11-10-10, which im somewhat happy with. i was hoping the test would be a deciding factor, but i think it will simply make me competitive

fotografía said:
First time:

From FL

VR 11
BS 11
PS 9
W R

I think you definitely stand a good chance at many schools. :thumbup:

yea, i don't feel like posting my score cuz of depression. i hate you verbal reasoning. congrats to all who did well, and hugs to all that didn't do so well. perseverance is the key.

gujuDoc said:
I brought up your name, because you are an example of someone who started with their first post being their MCAT score, in the MCAT score release thread, but who has stuck around and created the SUBFORUM and hence gone above and beyond out of your way to help future MCAT test takers.

Not only that, but your other posts in preallo have included quite a few helpful posts to help other students out. I hardly call that coming out here to brag.

I think I have a reasonable explanation beyond wanting to brag and make myself feel good at others' expense concerning why my first SDN post was to tell my MCAT score. Maybe it will help some of you understand things from a new perspective.

Those of you who are college students might gripe and complain about how annoying other pre-meds are, but at least you have other pre-meds who are going through the process with you, and who understand what and how you feel as you all suffer through it together. This experience is very different for those of us who are non-trads; we tend to be relatively isolated. In my case, I'm 30 and a grad student. I don't have any pre-med advisor to even give me BAD advice ( :smuggrin: ), and my friends are all thinking about post docs and their kids, not about taking the MCAT and filling out medical school applications. I do know several college students who are applying from my university, but they are my students, which makes discussing my apps with them somewhat awkward and even inappropriate. After all, it is part of my job to mentor *them.* My parents are supportive, but again, they are not fellow comrades-at-arms. I think we can all agree that people who have never attempted the MCAT can't ever really understand what it's like the way that those of us who have gone through it do. I've actually had some co-workers ask why I couldn't get a perfect 45 like those whiz kids who ace the SAT. :rolleyes:

When I checked my score that night, it shocked and amazed me. I did want to talk about it, and I wanted to talk about it with someone who would understand what it meant, and who had gone through the same summer of hell studying for it that I had gone through. One of my students had told me about SDN a few months earlier, but I hadn't ever bothered logging on here before. That night was the first time that I felt that now *I* needed someone whom *I* could talk to for once. I come on here, and I see dozens of other people posting scores and talking about their experiences, too, and for the first time, I was part of the pre-med group.

I am happy to do what I can to help others on SDN because of how much so many of you on SDN have done to help me. SDN certainly has its faults and blemishes, but I keep coming back here because SDN reminds me that no matter how hard things get, I'm not in this alone. There are literally thousands of people nation-wide who are going through this process, including hundreds of other non-trads. I've even met several friends through SDN. Some are just pen-pals, and I've personally met others and become friends with them outside of SDN as well.

I hope that you will all be willing to cut one another some slack, both here on SDN and in real life as well. We are going to be future colleagues some day, so we might as well begin being collegial right now. :love: to you all.

-Q

QofQuimica said:
Those of you who are college students might gripe and complain about how annoying other pre-meds are, but at least you have other pre-meds who are going through the process with you, and who understand what and how you feel as you all suffer through it together. This experience is very different for those of us who are non-trads; we tend to be relatively isolated. In my case, I'm 30 and a grad student. I don't have any pre-med advisor to even give me BAD advice ( :smuggrin: ), ........... My parents are supportive, but again, they are not fellow comrades-at-arms. I think we can all agree that people who have never attempted the MCAT can't ever really understand what it's like the way that those of us who have gone through it do. I've actually had some co-workers ask why I couldn't get a perfect 45 like those whiz kids who ace the SAT. :rolleyes:

That night was the first time that I felt that now *I* needed someone whom *I* could talk to for once. I come on here, and I see dozens of other people posting scores and talking about their experiences, too, and for the first time, I was part of the pre-med group.

I am happy to do what I can to help others on SDN because of how much so many of you on SDN have done to help me. SDN certainly has its faults and blemishes, but I keep coming back here because SDN reminds me that no matter how hard things get, I'm not in this alone. There are literally thousands of people nation-wide who are going through this process, including hundreds of other non-trads. I've even met several friends through SDN. Some are just pen-pals, and I've personally met others and become friends with them outside of SDN as well.

I hope that you will all be willing to cut one another some slack, both here on SDN and in real life as well. We are going to be future colleagues some day, so we might as well begin being collegial right now. :love: to you all.

-Q

The parts I quoted in the first two paragraphs and the last paragraph is the point I was trying to make before. But moving on...........

If any of you are still out there, who haven't checked scores.........feel free to commiserate(sp??) here./

And if it is advice you need, we are here for you!!!!!! :D