*~*~*~*Official AMCAS Questions Thread 2017-2018*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I did not write this thread - it has been passed down through the eons by pre-allo staff.

It is that time of year again!
:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

The AMCAS Application will be opening SOON! This is a place for all things AMCAS related so that we don't flood the first page. All threads created after this one will be merged into this thread. All previously created threads that are bumped will be re-directed here, and closed if bumped again.
Reminder: Each thread has a search function!! PLEASE use it!!.

Also, one of your first resources should be the source itself. Almost any basic question you have about AMCAS can be found by reading the AMCAS FAQ and the AMCAS instruction manual. Please try to find your answer before posting your question.
The AMCAS FAQ can be found here and the instruction manual can be found here.

This thread is brought to you by the Pre-Allopathic Volunteer Staff. Ask away, and good luck!!

-- -- --

AMCAS FAQ from 2012 through 2016; please let us know if there are any changes. Will be continuously updated as new information is brought to light.

General Submission/Big Picture Questions

1. When does AMCAS open? How soon can I submit?
The AMCAS application opens on May 1st, 2017, and you can submit starting June 1st, 2017.

2. When can I start uploading my transcripts to AMCAS?
As soon as the application opens, on May 1st.

3. How should I organize my information in the Work and Activities Section?
The Pre-Allo staff has created a new thread that compiles some of the best bits of information and contains a FAQ for the Work and Activities section. That thread can be found here. Please post questions regarding this section into that thread.

4. What about Letters of Rec?
Funny you should ask. There is a thread for that too.

5. What should I include in my personal statement?
Wouldn't you know....there is a thread for that too. Check out the Official Personal Statement Reader Thread for some great advice.

6. How is AMCAS different from prior years?
See these threads for more information : http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=804620 and http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=807218

7. What is all of this about being a reapplicant?
AMCAS will only show you are a reapplicant to each of the individual schools you have applied to previously. No school at anytime during the AMCAS process can see if you have previously applied to any other school, nor can it see any other school your are currently applying to. No school except the individual school your are reapplying to can see any part of your previous AMCAS application, and only if they have kept it on file, which most schools do. AMCAS does not provide your previous application to any school, whether a reapplicant or not. Every MD school can see if you have been accepted previously at an MD school. While AMCAS guidelines do allow individual schools on their secondary applications to ask if you had ever previously applied to medical school, the question does not appear to be widely used. It is more common for individual schools to ask if you have ever been accepted previously matriculated at any medical school, which would include allopathic, osteopathic, or off-shore.

8. What parts of the AMCAS application can I change after submitting? If I change these things, will I have to wait longer?
You can add and assign LORs (Letters of Recommendation)
You can change your name, current address, and alternate names
You can add a future MCAT test date

Several other things that can be found here on the AMCAS official site.
No, you will not have to wait longer once you re-submit.

9. How long does it take to get verified after submitting?
It varies. Generally, the later you submit, the longer it takes. You can look at last year's verification times here.

10. When do secondaries come out?
This varies from school to school. If you are interested in a particular school, your best bet is to check out that school's specific thread in the "School Specific Discussions" forum.

11. What are some important dates that I should know?

this will be updated once AMCAS releases dates

Transcript/Coursework Questions

12. What about transcripts in general? Tell me everything!
Once the AMCAS application opens in May, you will be given an AMCAS ID number. You are also then able to add schools (and the dates you attended those schools) into AMCAS. When you do this, you will be able to print a transcript sheet that contains your AMCAS ID number on it for each school. When you go to order your transcripts, have your school include this sheet with the transcripts to be sent.
12a. I know this was asked in question 3 above....but do I really really really have to include every transcript?
Yes, you MUST include transcripts from all colleges you have ever attended. You cannot send the transcripts yourself (as in, getting a copy into your hands, and then sending it to AMCAS); they have to come from the school directly to be considered official.
12b. Do I have to include the AMCAS sheet when sending in my transcripts? What happens if I don't?
You should really include this sheet; giving AMCAS any chance to lose your transcripts is a bad idea. However, I can tell you from personal experience that one of the 8 transcripts I had to send was done online, and I was unable to include the sheet. I gave instructions for them to write my AMCAS ID on the envelope, and it got there fine. But again....making more work for AMCAS employees or giving them an excuse to lose your stuff is never a good idea.

13. What about in-progress courses, or courses I know I am going to take over the summer? What about Pre-reqs I am taking over the summer?
There is a chance for you to list all future courses on the AMCAS application. No, you can not update these grades later in AMCAS, but you CAN update individual schools later with these grades. This is actually a perfect opportunity for you to send an Update Letter to schools telling them again how much you love them, and telling them what you've been up to.

14. I took a class at a community college while I was in high school. Do I still need to report that transcript?
Yes. If you don't, you are risking being found out and having a school revoke an acceptance.

15. My spring grades don't come out until May/June/July/Whatever. Should I wait until I get them to submit my application?
If you decide you want to apply as early as possible, your spring grades would not be on your transcript. This is a judgement call. If your spring grades matter a LOT (they contain 3 prereqs, all As, and this is the first time you've taken a full load), wait until they come in before you send your transcripts in.

If not (they result in a minimal impact to your GPA, have only 1 prereq, and don't show anything special), go ahead and submit and plan to send updates to schools. Sending them some good grades is a good reason to contact them later if you've had a lot of silence from them. You are at a greater advantage being early than having more grades that will barely impact your GPA.
I would also suggest "rushing" transcripts whenever possible. The peace of mind is worth the extra money.
Also, keep in mind; you can submit without transcripts. The problem is that you will not be verified without them.

16. Does AMCAS begin verifying my coursework once they receive my transcripts?
No. AMCAS only verifies coursework once you submit your application. AMCAS will send you an email notifying you of the date they receive your transcript and the school that sent it, but that doesn't mean that your coursework is being verified.

17. Do I need to send in my transcript again, even if I sent it in last year?
Yes. See here https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/faqs/147528/amcas_2010_faqs-6.3.html

18. Will medical schools notice that a class included a lab?
In addition to selecting the "Combined Lecture and Lab" radio button, it is recommended that you add "and Lab" to the end of the course name. The 2012 AMCAS instruction manual says this:
https://www.aamc.org/students/applyi...hared_3.2.html
If you disagree with a change that AMCAS made, then submit an "Academic Change Request" form found on the Main Menu of your AMCAS application, but be prepared to back up your claim.

20. Help! What do I do with my AP classes?
Read through the AMCAS instruction manual, particularly page 41. For additional information on specific schools that accept AP credit, see this thread.

21. How do repeat courses average into the AMCAS application?
Both classes will need to be listed when you enter your information into AMCAS, and they will both be used when calculating your final GPA. If you want, you can this of this as "averaging" the grade, with the full amount of credit being equal to both classes together. Example: 3 units of C, class is retaken for 3 units of A. The final calculation would be 6 units of B.

22. Can I have my school send in a digital copy of my transcript? What email address do I send it to?
AMCAS has started accepting eTranscripts from some institutions that have registered with them. Consult your pre-health advisement office to see if this is available for your school. Your registrar will still need to send the eTranscript directly to AMCAS (AMCAS does not accept transcripts via email from applicants).

This FAQ is a work in progress. Please feel free to make suggestions in this thread or via PM for its contents; both questions and answers.

If you think something should be added to the FAQ, you see something that needs to be updated, or for any other concerns, tag @WedgeDawg, @gyngy, @Lucca, or @Ismet in one of your posts (or PM us!). If you do this, it's a HUGE HUGE HUGE help if you post the link to your source in your post!

Thanks and best of luck everyone!

LINK TO LAST YEAR'S THREAD

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Excellent! Best of luck to everyone. Pre-Med Calendar for anyone lost on the dates.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I am a first time applicant for AMCAS and am a bit lost on the timeline and submission of application and the MCAT. So I heard that its very importnat to send in your applications as early as possible to all the schools you plan to intend that way you're further up on the line because its rolling admission. AMCAS opens submissions June for schools, but does having an MCAT score during this time affect your waitlist?
I currently plan to take the MCAT May 19, but don't feel adequately prepared, and might push it back to June 15th, for a bit more study time. This means that I won't recieve my MCAT scores until Mid-July, so I won't be able to send in my application until then correct? Wouldn't this set me back a whole month compared to my peers who submitted in June?

Also, my friend said I should go ahead and just submit my application to 1 random school(not planning to attend), so that I am verified on AMCAS. Once that happens, I can just add all the schools I want to attend on my app once I recieved my MCAT score. So what's the differnce between no sending the application to 1 random school(not planning to attend) vs sending it to all the schools I am planning to attend but when my scores come out(Mid-July).

Hello! I am a first time applicant for AMCAS and am a bit lost on the timeline and submission of application and the MCAT. So I heard that its very importnat to send in your applications as early as possible to all the schools you plan to intend that way you're further up on the line because its rolling admission. AMCAS opens submissions June for schools, but does having an MCAT score during this time affect your waitlist?
I currently plan to take the MCAT May 19, but don't feel adequately prepared, and might push it back to June 15th, for a bit more study time. This means that I won't recieve my MCAT scores until Mid-July, so I won't be able to send in my application until then correct? Wouldn't this set me back a whole month compared to my peers who submitted in June?

Also, my friend said I should go ahead and just submit my application to 1 random school(not planning to attend), so that I am verified on AMCAS. Once that happens, I can just add all the schools I want to attend on my app once I recieved my MCAT score. So what's the differnce between no sending the application to 1 random school(not planning to attend) vs sending it to all the schools I am planning to attend but when my scores come out(Mid-July).
The difference is processing times.

If you submit in mid July (peak season) it could take up to 6 weeks to process further delaying your app, secondary invitations, possibility of receiving interviews, etc.

Check question 9 above...there's a link to estimated verification times.

It looks like it takes about 4 weeks to verify from a mid July submission but it can vary year to year just FYI.

Applying this upcoming cycle and just have a quick question.

Should I send my transcripts in before my spring semester grades are posted, so I can submit my app earlier or wait?

If I wait, my gpa will go from a 3.87 to either a 3.88 or 3.89.

The classes Im currently taking are biochem 2, evolution, an english class and biostatistics.

Im having conflicting opinions. I should end with a 4.0 this semester, and I feel like that would look good while taking a bunch of upper level classes, but I also think submitting earlier is beneficial. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My last day of final exams is May 11th, but im not 100% sure when grades are due for the professors. Im going to find out that date tomorrow and post it here to see what everyone thinks I should do.

Hold on, maybe a dumb question, do they start verifying transcripts right when they receive them prior to June 1, or do they wait until you hit 'submit' on/after June 1 (or whatever the first day is you can submit)

Quick question, if I wait until like June 20-30 to submit mainly so I can add more stuff that I'm doing in June, is that considered early still? Or ok still? I remember seeing somewhere that they don't start sending out to the schools until July 1 (I think), but am I at any disadvantage if I apply a few days before the end of June compared to right when it opens?? Thanks

General Submission/Big Picture Questions

1. When does AMCAS open? How soon can I submit?
The AMCAS application opens on May 1st, 2017, and you can submit starting June 1st, 2017.

Typo alert Wedge: AMCAS opens May 2nd, 2017.

Here we go again, everyone! Good luck to everyone applying!

Also, with the transcripts - just so I'm clear, there's no disadvantage to ordering/sending your transcripts on the first day, right? Just doesn't actually help with verifying your coursework?

Members don't see this ad :)
Regarding transcripts:

One of the schools I attended uses National Student Clearinghouse and another uses Parchment. When I use Parchment, they give me a specific place to put the AMCAS ID and Transcript ID, but NSC does not (even though it allows you to send it straight to AMCAS and has partnered with them).

I know that AMCAS can still receive transcripts and match them with your application even if that information is not present, but considering the NSC electronic form is not giving me the option to put it somewhere, should I try and send it without the IDs, risking delays? The only reason this is even an issue is I now live cross country from where I went to school so I can't walk in with a transcript request form. Anyone with experience with this -- i would love to hear your thoughts!

Can someone provide some insight by what the school deadline is for under Medical Schools? In the instruction manual it mentions that if you add schools after you submit your application, you must do so before their deadline. Going through the various deadlines, it seems like most schools have multiple deadlines. I'm in the boat of submitting my app to get verified to a throw away school and then adding schools once my mcat score is released, but being that so many schools are on that August 1st deadline (the day mcat is released), it reads as if I'll have to submit my app to any schools on that list I'm interested in so I don't run past their deadline.

I've taken classes sporadically at Harvard Extension starting around 5 years ago, (not all related to premed coursework). When adding colleges attended, should I add it once and make the start date that of the first class I took?

I'm torn about whether or not to list myself as disadvantaged on my AMCAS application. My family has used various state/federal assistance programs over my lifetime and our income level was less than $25K for the *majority* of my lifetime. However, there was a period of 4 years (when I was 9-13 yrs old) where our income was significantly higher than that (my dad finished residency, went from earning about 18K/yr to 100K/yr, then died 4 years later, leaving our family with no source of income and his substantial student loan debt from undergrad/medical school). I also marked yes to receiving pell grants in college.

Do I have to mark disadvantaged since I answered yes to the assistance program and that we had an income of less than 25K for most of my life? If I don't will it look weird? If I do will that look weird, because my dad was a physician? We were desperately poor for my early childhood, on food stamps and WIC and heat assistance, and then things were easy for us once my dad started working as a physician. Then once he died, things were tight and we mainly relied on social security checks.

I'm just so conflicted. Because for the majority (14 out of 18 years) of my childhood (0-18), yes, we'd be considered financially disadvantaged. But I don't know if that accurately describes it. I feel like having a father who had an MD, even if he only practiced for four years, kind of disqualifies me from marking that. Is that silly or spot on?

Help? What should I do? For now I have it marked no but I'm looking for advice.

I did a master's degree at an university and also took a postbacc undergraduate class that was not part of my degree program. They appear on one transcript. Should I set them as two different schools, with the second transcript being cross registered, or should I use one transcript and just label the postbacc class apart from my master's degree?

I believe the AMCAS application allows you to enter enter multiple degree types under a single school entry thus only needing a single transcript. You simple have graduate and post bacc

Under degree options, postbacc undergraduate is not a choice. It can only be selected when inputing a new school.

I hope to submit my primary on June 1, but I receive my MCAT score on May 23rd. Should I wait until May 23 to send my transcripts so I can be certain that my MCAT score is high enough for MD schools?

I'm torn about whether or not to list myself as disadvantaged on my AMCAS application. My family has used various state/federal assistance programs over my lifetime and our income level was less than $25K for the *majority* of my lifetime. However, there was a period of 4 years (when I was 9-13 yrs old) where our income was significantly higher than that (my dad finished residency, went from earning about 18K/yr to 100K/yr, then died 4 years later, leaving our family with no source of income and his substantial student loan debt from undergrad/medical school). I also marked yes to receiving pell grants in college.

Do I have to mark disadvantaged since I answered yes to the assistance program and that we had an income of less than 25K for most of my life? If I don't will it look weird? If I do will that look weird, because my dad was a physician? We were desperately poor for my early childhood, on food stamps and WIC and heat assistance, and then things were easy for us once my dad started working as a physician. Then once he died, things were tight and we mainly relied on social security checks.

I'm just so conflicted. Because for the majority (14 out of 18 years) of my childhood (0-18), yes, we'd be considered financially disadvantaged. But I don't know if that accurately describes it. I feel like having a father who had an MD, even if he only practiced for four years, kind of disqualifies me from marking that. Is that silly or spot on?

Help? What should I do? For now I have it marked no but I'm looking for advice.

I concur with @gonnif You will list your father on the application by name and occupation but there is a place to show that he is deceased. You get some space to scribe your situation and the words you've used here are adequate. Do check on the situation with your dad's student loans. Most loans are forgiven if the borrower dies before they are paid off. You may have thought that was a big expense when you were a kid but they really weren't. That said, your parents may have had other loans (credit cards, etc) that your mother was stuck with.

You aren't alone. I've seen a similar situation with a physician-father who became profoundly disabled after an accident and another with a lawyer-parent who became ill and disabled such that the family lived in rural poverty.

Question about course names/abbreviation. I took a statistics course that appears on my transcript as "Elem Statistic". When I enter the course name in AMCAS, should I enter it as "Elem Statistic" or "Elementary Statistics"? I have several courses that are shorted on the transcript but I wasn't sure if I should write out the full name because it would fit in AMCAS or just enter it as it appears on the transcript. Thanks :)

Your application does not enter the verification queue until both the primary application and all transcripts have been received . There is no advantage is having your transcript at AMCAS prior to June 1st.
I see. Does that mean that it could actually be a disadvantage to send them in early because there's more chances for AMCAS to lose track of it along the way?

possible but that is more the premed neurotic thought pattern than probability. Stop by the Valium salt lick in the student lounge
Ha! I'll make sure to pick up some inhalers, stress balls, and chocolate ice cream on the way there.

Does it have any place for additional info, note, address?

Yes there is an additional info box. Does putting the ID information in here suffice? AMCAS comes across incredibly stingy with matching IDs to transcripts, almost as if they're not willing to look for this information unless it is right in front of their face.

So for majority of my life I've lived in Argentina. The biography information asks "What was the income level of your family during the majority of your life from birth to age eighteen". How would I account for differences in cost of living and exchange rates in Argentina to also include my years in the United States?

I did a master's degree at an university and also took a postbacc undergraduate class that was not part of my degree program. They appear on one transcript. Should I set them as two different schools, with the second transcript being cross registered, or should I use one transcript and just label the postbacc class apart from my master's degree?

I have the same issue. I did some informal postbacc coursework at the same school I attended for undergrad. I created two separate entries in the "schools attended" section, so separate transcript IDs were generated even though all the coursework will be on a single transcript.

Unless someone here tells me that this is a bad idea, I'm just planning to send both transcript request forms to the school so that one complete transcript is provided for each of the two transcript IDs.

What effect does having both parents as EO-1 have on your application? Even if you don't consider yourself SES disadvantaged?

For transfer and AP credits, do you put them under the term that you took them or the term that they were rewarded by your home institution? For example, I have AP credits from high school and I took a summer course that would fall under what AMCAS designates as sophomore year but on my official transcript, they appear as transfer credits under what AMCAS would designate as my junior year.

For AP credits, you usually place them in the term for college that first awarded you credits. However, you can place them in any college that awarded you credits so long as you only count them once.

For Transfer Credits you dont usually list them you should only list them from the college where you originally took the course. There are special cases for study abroad.

AMCAS 2018 Instructions Page 35 Transfer Credits
Coursework Details (emphasis in original)
Enter courses in chronological order exactly as they appear on the official transcript of the school where they were originally attempted. This is especially important to remember if the credit for a course was transferred from one U.S. or Canadian school to another.
For example, suppose you primarily attended the University of Maryland and took “Intro to Pottery” at your local community college over the summer. You would list the community college in the “Schools Attended” section of the application (and request an official transcript for it) and add “Intro to Pottery” as a course you took at the community college. You would not list the course under the University of Maryland, even if the credits were transferred there

So for the AP credits, chronologically, they appear under my junior year in college on my official transcript. So should I start my junior year listing with them?

AMCAS asks about siblings, and I had a sibling who passed, but there's no option for "Not living" and only 3 characters are allowed in the "Age" box. Should I just not enter information about my sibling?

Do you think/feel that your relationship with your sibling and his/her death may have had an impact on your decision into medicine or in other ways that you may want to possibly mention on secondary? Or would prefer not to have to discuss or mention?
Definitely, I do mention them briefly in my personal statement, it's just that the "siblings" section in AMCAS doesn't provide an option for "not living" and the only space they provide is for "Age," which allows only 3 characters. Perhaps I could put in an abbreviation for deceased?

Its ok for shadowing to list them like this correct?
ImageUploadedBySDN1493843944.915939.jpg

How do you see what your AMCAS GPAs are?
I was so excited to enter all my coursework to see how they calculate my cumulative GPA and science, but I can't find it any where :-/

Just a note/tip to all

Make sure you are using an official transcript and not simply a student copy. Sometimes official will have either different names or different order of courses.

You want to make sure that you are entering coursework in the exact order it is on transcript and with the exact name, even if it seems an odd abbreviation

Really? Like if it says "COMP CONT RDG" on your transcript, you shouldn't write out the actual name of the course? How will adcoms who are reviewing your course history know what you've taken?

How important is it to calculate the precise percentages regarding how college was paid for? (Do I need to pull out my award letters for each school attended and a calculator? Or can I estimate percentages?)

Hi all, thanks so much for the very informative post!

I had a possibly unusual circumstance:

1. Took English Comp. II freshman year, got an F (lack of direction, succinctly)
  2. Repeated English Comp. II freshman year, got an A (direction gained)
  3. Transferred universities to a top 20 public university because I wasn't growing where I was at after sophomore year
  4. New university doesn't include (1) in its transfer transcript; transcript from old university has 0 unit hours listed due to repeat
  5. Take a hybrid of Social Psychology and English Comp. II this semester, got an A (course number is the same, but department isn't)
  6. Do I mark (1), (2) and (5) as repeats, only (2) due to (4), or only (1) and (2) since (5) isn't explictly English Comp. II?

Probably already know the answer to the question I'm asking, but I'd like clarification; thanks again!

Last edited:
I was in a college honors program with 3-4% of students from graduating class. Required application and interviews to get into, several courses, colloquium, and year long (nonscience) thesis--highly interdisciplinary. (Not sure if med schools would be familiar with program) Should I enter this as a minor? It appears on transcript I believe and courses would reflect it but should the program be denoted somehow?

Thanks!

Your first hurdle is to make sure that the verifiers at AMCAS can match your official transcript to the coursework you enter. Thus you need to match the course number, the course title, and the order in which the courses appear on your official transcripts. Issues with discrepancies between the official transcripts and what has been entered on the primary application is the number one reason why applications are delayed or rejected by AMCAS pending revision by applicant.

https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast...e7e/2018_amcas_instruction_manual.pdf#page=38
Course Number and Course Name
Enter the exact course name in English and the exact course number as they appear on the official transcript in the designated fields.
So what if my chemistry courses -- from gen chem to organic -- don't have number identifiers? That is, we usually speak of "organic chemistry 1/2," except on my official transcript, both are just "organic chemistry" and only differ by course number. Would it be a bad idea to place a "I" or "II" after each to show which one they are in the sequence?

@gonnif any advice here?

Last edited:
Hey everyone, so I have a quick question regarding AMCAS coursework classification.

During my senior year I did research for credit and on my transcript it's listed as "honors program."

I worked in a Nutrition laboratory, however my work was heavily biomolecular based (ie. using gel electrophoresis, RT-PCR, protein expression, etc.). What would I classify my research under?

how is it noted on transcript? its technically not a minor.

Under "Program: Undergraduate" it lists my major, minors, and "College Honors Program Honors." Still waiting on official transcript in the mail to see if it's any different, I guess I just wanted a way to distinguish the program from something merely grades related, since it's something I put a lot of extra effort into over ~3 years

and listing as a minor wont do very much. I would list it as EC under "awards/honors" where you can describe in full, even MM if you desire

Thank you for the advice! Unlikely most meaningful, but definitely important part of shaping UG experience/making me more well rounded, so I want to explain it somehow.

Hey everyone! I graduated in 2016 but still need to take care of a statistics requirement. I'll be taking a class at the FAES school at the NIH for the fall semester (4 out of 5 programs that I am applying to confirmed it would count for the requirement). How should I enter this information into AMCAS (I want schools to know I intend to take this course)? Should I list FAES as a "school attended"? The other problem is that I can't register for the course until after I plan on submitting my primary. Any advice? Thanks!

Hey everyone, so I have a quick question regarding AMCAS coursework classification.

During my senior year I did research for credit and on my transcript it's listed as "honors program."

I worked in a Nutrition laboratory, however my work was heavily biomolecular based (ie. using gel electrophoresis, RT-PCR, protein expression, etc.). What would I classify my research under?
I think it depends on the course number. if the course is CHEM 5400, then its chem...

1) You do not need all prerequisites completed or registered for prior to applying. You need them completed by matriculation
2) The AMCAS primary application is not typically used to evaluate fulfillment prerequisite
3) When you have take an offer of acceptance, you will have to send official transcripts directly to the school during pre-matriculation. At that point your transcripts will be reviewed for prerequisite fulfillment
4) I would leave the future course off the application in case plans change

Thank you for the information. That helps a lot--I won't list the FAES course at all then. Thanks again!

For AP credits, you usually place them in the term for college that first awarded you credits. However, you can place them in any college that awarded you credits so long as you only count them once.

For Transfer Credits you dont usually list them you should only list them from the college where you originally took the course. There are special cases for study abroad.

AMCAS 2018 Instructions Page 35 Transfer Credits
Coursework Details (emphasis in original)
Enter courses in chronological order exactly as they appear on the official transcript of the school where they were originally attempted. This is especially important to remember if the credit for a course was transferred from one U.S. or Canadian school to another.
For example, suppose you primarily attended the University of Maryland and took “Intro to Pottery” at your local community college over the summer. You would list the community college in the “Schools Attended” section of the application (and request an official transcript for it) and add “Intro to Pottery” as a course you took at the community college. You would not list the course under the University of Maryland, even if the credits were transferred there

Just to clarify, so my initial school and the school I transferred to both awarded me AP credits. Do I only list it for once school?

Also, how do I change the order of my courses without having to re-enter every course?