USMLE Official 2021 Step 2 CK Experiences With Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMDoc22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
All right y'all, let's get this party started. Here's to a smooth sailing third year, no Prometric drama with Step 2, in-person aways and interviews, and no CS/hopefully PE.

School: bone wizard

Step 1: mid 230s
Level 1: mid 570s

Step 2 goal: 250+
Level 2 goal: 600+

Interests: EM, OB/GYN (distant second)

Rotations (in order): Peds, IM, FM, Psych, Neuro, Surgery, EM, OB/GYN and then several electives mixed in

Resources: UWorld, Online MedEd, Tzanki deck since it's shorter and the Step 1 decks burned me out, might check out B&B for Step 2 when it comes out since Dr. Ryan saved my butt on Step 1

My rotations go until the end of June and unfortunately my schedule is pretty backloaded with my final 3 rotations being EM, OB and ICU so I guess that means I'll be taking Step 2 in early July. Obviously I'm not sure how auditions/aways will be playing out next summer and if PE will be a thing so a lot up in the air right now in terms of scheduling. My school does COMATs for our shelf exams but I don't plan on using any DO-specific resources for COMATs or Level 2 as I've heard UWorld is all you need.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Riding that UW struggle bus right now. Did anyone end up with a lower UW average than what they had for Step 1 UW?

Members don't see this ad :)
My anxiety led me to take the free 120 today for a last data point. Plugged the % correct (80.8) into the predict my step score calculator and just got this: “Our estimated score for you is: 262.23 ± 37.08 (95% CI; p<0.005)”

Somewhere between a 225 and a 299, here I come! I’m gonna cackle at the uncertainty while eating something tasty for comfort.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
T-3 hours! :sick:

I’m doing the same things I did right before step 1:
- Singing Dirty Medicine’s autosomal dominant and X-linked recessive songs because I always forget what’s what
- Writing out the biostats equations multiple times to make sure I’ve got everything down

I’ll let you guys know if this was useful later.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!
Thank you!! It has been a long ride. I wanna thank everyone along this thread for making step 2 prep a little more bearable! I won't be applying at the same cycle as you guys; since I have to do my military service and finish school here first, but I really hope our paths cross in the future! I am sure every single one of you is going to be an amazing physician! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
  • Love
Some people on reddit are already posting scores, idk how, maybe IMGs only? Also locked out of my account and cant get the password reset email to appear AGHHHHH

pretty disappointed it’s pretty damn low percentile wise, wanted at least a 245 but in line with my practice tests I suppose. I felt really really good after I took the exam but at least it’s over

beat my step 1 so I suppose that’s something

Reactions: 9 users
Lol this has got me kinda panicked for comlex. If this is how I do feeling good about the exam, idk how an exam I felt awful about is going to go. And I gotta wait till freaking august

Reactions: 1 user
259! Woohoo!

UWSA2 was 249 so honestly was expecting around that. Got my score right at is I got to the clinic. Debated whether or not I should wait till the day was over

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Easily some of the longest hours of my life… but I’m out! I actually feel really good about what just happened. I didn’t run out of time on any section, and I literally went through every question twice. That was cutting it close, though. Some sections reviewing all 38 or 40 questions only left me with 3-4 minutes left in that section. I got three of those two-part questions where it locks you out from changing your answer - and I got the first question of all three of them right. So I know I at least got three questions right LOL

I didn’t take any breaks. I just made sure not to drink much this morning so I didn’t have to get up. I lose my concentration if I get up and take a break.

Anyway! Last minute going over inheritance didn’t help directly… but it did help me narrow stuff down when only a boy’s uncles had something and I remembered what the list of those things were from reviewing those videos this morning. Highly recommended, esp if you tend to mix up all those congenital immunodeficiencies like I do. I did have some biochem/metabolism disorders, some genetic disorders, things that we think of as “step 1 stuff,” so if you’ve let that go… go get it back.

I saw a guy on Reddit talking about how Amboss was really where it’s at for ethics and quality and such. I did the podcasts for those from Divine Intervention, and did all of the Amboss ethics and quality/safety practice questions last night and reviewed them this morning… and there was still some stuff I didn’t know. I feel like I nailed the vast majority of those questions between DI and Amboss, though. If you’re banking on TurnUp2 Law and Ethics to get you through those questions, you’re making a big mistake. It’s not anywhere close to comprehensive enough to get you those questions right.

pretty disappointed it’s pretty damn low percentile wise, wanted at least a 245 but in line with my practice tests I suppose. I felt really really good after I took the exam but at least it’s over

beat my step 1 so I suppose that’s something
Sorry to hear! For what it's worth, these exams have such gigantic confidence intervals. You could easily swing 10 points from one day to another

Easily some of the longest hours of my life… but I’m out! I actually feel really good about what just happened. I didn’t run out of time on any section, and I literally went through every question twice. That was cutting it close, though. Some sections reviewing all 38 or 40 questions only left me with 3-4 minutes left in that section. I got three of those two-part questions where it locks you out from changing your answer - and I got the first question of all three of them right. So I know I at least got three questions right LOL

I didn’t take any breaks. I just made sure not to drink much this morning so I didn’t have to get up. I lose my concentration if I get up and take a break.

Anyway! Last minute going over inheritance didn’t help directly… but it did help me narrow stuff down when only a boy’s uncles had something and I remembered what the list of those things were from reviewing those videos this morning. Highly recommended, esp if you tend to mix up all those congenital immunodeficiencies like I do. I did have some biochem/metabolism disorders, some genetic disorders, things that we think of as “step 1 stuff,” so if you’ve let that go… go get it back.

I saw a guy on Reddit talking about how Amboss was really where it’s at for ethics and quality and such. I did the podcasts for those from Divine Intervention, and did all of the Amboss ethics and quality/safety practice questions last night and reviewed them this morning… and there was still some stuff I didn’t know. I feel like I nailed the vast majority of those questions between DI and Amboss, though. If you’re banking on TurnUp2 Law and Ethics to get you through those questions, you’re making a big mistake. It’s not anywhere close to comprehensive enough to get you those questions right.
hey congrats on finishing the beast! which genetic/inheritance vids are good for those type of questions?

hey congrats on finishing the beast! which genetic/inheritance vids are good for those type of questions?
I think Dirty Medicine on YouTube has a few.

I did the questions on the “congenital immunodeficiency disorders” section on Amboss, and that really covered pretty much every question I saw on those on the real thing.

I'm taking Step 2 tomorrow, only freaking out a little bit.

Step 1 high 230s
UWorld 82%
UWSA1 255 4 weeks out
UWS2 263 5 days out
Free 120 80% today (one day out)

Hoping for a 255ish
Wish me luck!

Well, level 2 is also done, for those of you here taking both. As usual, step 2 was fairer with better-written questions, and level 2 was full of a whole bunch of vague questions that I really didn’t know what they were talking about, paired with some gimmes where I didn’t even need to finish reading the question.

Also a lot of third-line micro, for whatever reason… your patient X is pregnant and has Y disease. You usually treat Y disease with doxy, but she’s pregnant, so that’s out. So amoxicillin is second line… but wait… she’s allergic to penicillin. Those sorts of micro questions. I don’t think I answered a single one with a first line treatment. I’m really glad I took the time to mature lolnotacop last year, because even though it’s probably been more than a year since I looked at it, I still remember everything I need to.

At least it’s over. No more tests until my EM test next spring! Now comes the wait for step 2 and level 2 scores.

Reactions: 3 users
Permit is gone. Ohhhhhh f***.
You know I was just thinking like whats more accurate/predictive of what Ill get on Step 2? The reddit and predictmyscore calculators or what fldoctorgirl will get on step 2 and its probably the latter lmao weve gotten the same score on everything the past year and a half. Im amped to see how you do. Youre going to murder it i know it!

• Haha
Well, level 2 is also done, for those of you here taking both. As usual, step 2 was fairer with better-written questions, and level 2 was full of a whole bunch of vague questions that I really didn’t know what they were talking about, paired with some gimmes where I didn’t even need to finish reading the question.

Also a lot of third-line micro, for whatever reason… your patient X is pregnant and has Y disease. You usually treat Y disease with doxy, but she’s pregnant, so that’s out. So amoxicillin is second line… but wait… she’s allergic to penicillin. Those sorts of micro questions. I don’t think I answered a single one with a first line treatment. I’m really glad I took the time to mature lolnotacop last year, because even though it’s probably been more than a year since I looked at it, I still remember everything I need to.

At least it’s over. No more tests until my EM test next spring! Now comes the wait for step 2 and level 2 scores.
Mico felt the same. I remeber one questions that I had only ever seen in sketchy and was one of the shorter videos. Never would have gotten it without the pepper decks.

You know I was just thinking like whats more accurate/predictive of what Ill get on Step 2? The reddit and predictmyscore calculators or what fldoctorgirl will get on step 2 and its probably the latter lmao weve gotten the same score on everything the past year and a half. Im amped to see how you do. Youre going to murder it i know it!
Hahaha truth.
When did your eligibility period end for step 2 per your permit? There's a few people saying online that it disappears also if that ends
Oh sh**, I think you're right. June 30th.

Well, guess I have to rely on you guys to tell me if your permits disappear to know if we're getting scores this week. Damn.

Officially a week Anki free. Beautiful.
It's so nice honestly. I can actually go home and chill

Well, guess I have to rely on you guys to tell me if your permits disappear to know if we're getting scores this week. Damn.
Yeah I thought it was a little early for permits to disappear. Mines still present as of now!

Reactions: 1 users
Officially a week Anki free. Beautiful.
Ugh I'm jealous. I just keep telling myself only 13 days left and then I am free from exams (and Anki!) for the remainder of my medical school days. Decided to cut short studying today and take the day off tomorrow for the holiday weekend because my focus is fading fast after only a week of true dedicated. I don't know how I did this every day for 6 weeks last year.

Ugh I'm jealous. I just keep telling myself only 13 days left and then I am free from exams (and Anki!) for the remainder of my medical school days. Decided to cut short studying today and take the day off tomorrow for the holiday weekend because my focus is fading fast after only a week of true dedicated. I don't know how I did this every day for 6 weeks last year.
same buddy i got a whole month til step and im already dead

Man, having to wait another week would suck. But also, maybe not because I scheduled an 11 am apartment tour for Wednesday without thinking and it would be awkward if I slyly check my phone while having intense palpitations and then start crying. So....oh well.

• Care