**Official 2020 Pedo PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NSVS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Pedo applicants, Hope you all doing well and getting closer to applications. I know the interviews invites will be out only from September but I want to start this thread and discuss about any questions we may have on application/interviews....etc.

Please post your questions/suggestions lets start our journey, help each other and succeed.

Thank You and Best Wishes to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Hi everyone!
Have a question about the PASS evaluators section. Since we can choose a date of when we would like our evaluators to complete their recommendations by, does anyone know if PASS sends them email reminders as the date gets closer? I just don’t want to hound them if they have already received a reminder. Thanks!

Hi, I highly doubt PASS has any automatic email notification send to recommenders when the date gets closer. Just my thoughts

9. Use the Check Status tab to monitor the status of your evaluations. Completed evaluations are marked as "Complete" and have a Complete Date listed. Follow up with your evaluators if their evaluations are still marked as "Requested" or "Accepted." It is your responsibility to ensure that evaluation requests are received and completed on time. We will not notify applicants about missing evaluations.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Pedo applicants, Hope you all doing well and getting closer to applications. I know the interviews invites will be out only from September but I want to start this thread and discuss about any questions we may have on application/interviews....etc.

Please post your questions/suggestions lets start our journey, help each other and succeed.

Anyone applying to Hawaii?

Hi, I highly doubt PASS has any automatic email notification send to recommenders when the date gets closer. Just my thoughts

9. Use the Check Status tab to monitor the status of your evaluations. Completed evaluations are marked as "Complete" and have a Complete Date listed. Follow up with your evaluators if their evaluations are still marked as "Requested" or "Accepted." It is your responsibility to ensure that evaluation requests are received and completed on time. We will not notify applicants about missing evaluations.

Agree with Denverdent bcz it's our responsibility to ask eualuators to fill out letter of recommendation. I send them a week before reminder email to write letter of recommendation; so still by the date, one of the letters were missing. Then I send that particular person message to see if that evaluator forgot to write one and it happened. finally, she wrote it. Sometimes if you are asking someone who owns a practice and very busy, who don't have sample of letters, then it takes longer and reminder won't hurt at all.

I heard some people received an email from NY Presbyterian/Columbia about status of application and which docs are missing

Hi All,
If we have submitted the application very early (June first week), do you think it is a good strategy to UPDATE the application before the end of August if we have done additional externships? As we can't update the submitted CV so updating the PASS profile is good?

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:
Hi,
I did it as recently too. I submitted my application like you and I did one externship 2 weeks ago; so I updated that externship right now. I wish we could have made changes to application too bcz I mentioned that I will take ADAT. However, I am not taking it now and I can't change it. Out of all of you guys who are applying for 2020, how many of you guys have taken ADAT?

Thanks and Gdluck !!

Time to get sucked into an SDN black hole again

Reactions: 4 users
Hi All,
If we have submitted the application very early (June first week), do you think it is a good strategy to UPDATE the application before the end of August if we have done additional externships? As we can't update the submitted CV so updating the PASS profile is good?

Thank you very much in advance.
Hi! I’m planning some externships in September and will definitely update those on my PASS. I want to show the schools that I really want to get into that I’ve put the effort into seeing them first hand.

Reactions: 1 users
Dear Guys,
I have a question if some program is asking office NBDE scores send to them by mail directly, how would you do it? I already uploaded NBDE Scores on PASS application or I have sent some schools Electronically; but I couldn't find any option of sending NBDE by mail. If any of you guys have done it, then please help me.

Thanks a lot !!

Dear Guys,
I have a question if some program is asking office NBDE scores send to them by mail directly, how would you do it? I already uploaded NBDE Scores on PASS application or I have sent some schools Electronically; but I couldn't find any option of sending NBDE by mail. If any of you guys have done it, then please help me.

Thanks a lot !!

Hey, I first emailed the programs that requested my official scores asking them the specific address to send them to. Then I went to [ada.org] and signed into my account in order to request them to be sent and manually entered in the program name and address. It’s all electronic and you will have to pay by credit card and the online system will send you a confirmation email once it’s sent. It costs $40 each to send your official score per program. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for replying allsmiledds. I know the address where they are asking me to mail it. but i didn't get any page on the website where I can add manually program name and address. On one page, they have schools listed and you can click one of them. on 2nd page, they are asking to add email address sothat they can send electronically; however, there was no place where I can add manually the whole school address. I copied and pasted both pages top what is showing when I was requesting nbde board scores. Is anyone applied to Columbia University Medical Center in NY because this is the school asking to submit NBDE school directly to them without having email address listed. I will send another email to program coordinator for sending me email address where I can send scores electronically. thanks!!

The recipients you select on this page will be given electronic access to your results. Results will NOT be mailed.
For alternate recipient(s), fill in ALL the fields below and click the 'Add Email Address' button. The total fee at the top of the page will update accordingly and the request will be displayed under the Alternate Email Address(es) Added list. Repeat this process for each Alternate Recipient request.

A​

Members don't see this ad :)
On the first page- one of the people you can send it to is ADEA PASS. If you send it to them they upload official scores onto your application and all programs can see that. Is that not what we’re supposed to do?

Hi PedoDent101, I did that. However, very few schools required scores send them directly. I haven't send any school directly except cincinnati children's hospital from Ohio bcz they asked me to send it with their supplemental application. I think you are fine as long as they sent you email saying application is complete. I wasn't sure about columbia School, that's why I asked here and someone replied me privately that I don't have to send them directly because she didn't send it; she already got email from them saying her application is complete. I hope it helps.

Thanks guys for your replies. I have one more question: Has anyone applying to Brookdale hospital in NY bcz on the website in bold, it says they won't consider applicants who have completed GPR. I have done 4 yrs DDS and 1 yr GPR; so can I apply or not. Is it only for foreign dentist who has done only GPR and not DDS from american schools. Thanks in advance!!

Does anyone know if there are programs that like Canadian Applicants or have a history of accepting Canadian applicants for pedo ?

Does anyone know if there are programs that like Canadian Applicants or have a history of accepting Canadian applicants for pedo ?
Boston Children's Hospital has taken a Canadian applicant the past two years and potentially for longer. Seems to be a trend

Question:
Did you guys get confirmation of a complete application for all the schools you applied to? I've received confirmation from about half of the programs I applied to, but I am debating emailing the others to check that my application is complete.

Question:
Did you guys get confirmation of a complete application for all the schools you applied to? I've received confirmation from about half of the programs I applied to, but I am debating emailing the others to check that my application is complete.
In the same boat. Half have sent emails confirming. The others haven’t, but I confirmed via PASS and their website that everything was sent in. I’m debating that myself since Sept 1st deadlines are coming up.

Thanks for starting this! Its time! In September I believe invites start going out, but majority are in October.

Question:
I received emails from a few, I emailed all that didn't and most of them confirmed that my application is complete, and some had no response. I also got a response stating that some schools don't confirm if the application is complete, and you won't be informed either, if they find something missing they won't consider the application.

Hi PedoDent101, I did that. However, very few schools required scores send them directly. I haven't send any school directly except cincinnati children's hospital from Ohio bcz they asked me to send it with their supplemental application. I think you are fine as long as they sent you email saying application is complete. I wasn't sure about columbia School, that's why I asked here and someone replied me privately that I don't have to send them directly because she didn't send it; she already got email from them saying her application is complete. I hope it helps.
Yes most schools don't need it directly. Harvard and UCLA required it to be sent to them directly. I wish they would consider the one on ADEA PASS.

Yes most schools don't need it directly. Harvard and UCLA required it to be sent to them directly. I wish they would consider the one on ADEA PASS.
You are correct in that BCH requires them separately, but UCLA this year does not require any supplemental info outside of PASS

Reactions: 1 users
how well do universities consider a foreign trained dentist for this program?

Any news on interviews?

I have yet to hear anything from any programs thus far. Talked to a guy who just finished a residency. He did tell me that peds is super late---can possibly hear things from September through October.. Waiting game continues..

I have yet to hear anything from any programs thus far. Talked to a guy who just finished a residency. He did tell me that peds is super late---can possibly hear things from September through October.. Waiting game continues..
Yeah, I sent my complete app to Buffalo 2 months ago and they just sent a confirmation email this week. Figured it might take awhile. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I sent my complete app to Buffalo 2 months ago and they just sent a confirmation email this week. Figured it might take awhile. Thanks for the info!

I just got my complete application confirmation from Buffalo too- no where else yet. I do know that the Lutheran programs usually start letting people know this week from posts from years past

Hi everyone! Best of luck on this application cycle. I emailed Boston Children’s to find out the exact email they want us to send NBDE/DAT scores to but their contact is out of office until the 3rd. Can anyone that has sent their scores to them please provide me with the e-mail? Thanks so much and again, best of luck to you all!!

Hi everyone! Best of luck on this application cycle. I emailed Boston Children’s to find out the exact email they want us to send NBDE/DAT scores to but their contact is out of office until the 3rd. Can anyone that has sent their scores to them please provide me with the e-mail? Thanks so much and again, best of luck to you all!!
[email protected]

I just got my complete application confirmation from Buffalo too- no where else yet. I do know that the Lutheran programs usually start letting people know this week from posts from years past
Here is a list of programs that have gotten back to me with confirmation emails. Hopefully this can help you in case something is missing from your app:
NYU, Temple, Buffalo, Tufts, Maryland, Naples Florida, and Indiana.
I’ve emailed St. Chris and Pittsburgh my 2x2 photos to the directors and ask them to let me know if they need any additional paperwork. They haven’t told me I was missing anything else, so I assumed everything is completed ‍

Anyone heard anything from the Lutheran programs yet ?

Yes this is true. Interviews usually end of October through first week of December, match day on Jan 22. Does anyone know about schools who don't participate in Match necessarily and give out pre match spots?

No supplemental needed.
Email for interview. 9/27/19
Yakima Washington

Wydent best wishes. Just modified your message like the standard format from previous years threads which is easy/simple to digest. Please be free to edit or add any social event is there at the end. All the best

NYU-Langone Yakima (email 9/04) interview 9/27

I can't change my name haha. Haven't been on here since before dental school. East Caroline sent out their interview dates

East Carolina University (email 9/03) interview 10/18, 10/21, 10/25

I can't change my name haha. Haven't been on here since before dental school. East Caroline sent out their interview dates

Isn't ECU deadline 10/1? So interesting to see them sending out invites before deadline. Good luck!

NYU-Langone Hawaii (email 9/04) interview 10/14 with social the night of the interview