COMLEX Official 2019 Comlex 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ASGD1983

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's that time of the year. Anyone took new Comsae recently? Hopefully it's more predicitve than old ones that were all over the place - like +/- 100 points.
Also, interesting to hear if this years comlex is indeed changed? If anyone took it recently - please share your experience. Especially if you can compare it to previous year one.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey so just posting this here for those taking this next year. The tried and true method of study for USMLE and then just cram for comlex absolutely worked for me. I think truelearn, etc really hyped up the new exam blueprint. I didn’t do one single DO specific practice question. Didn’t even buy the green book. Just did turnuptopath omm deck for a couple days between step and comlex and it was fine.

Just doing my best on step and cramming omm is all i needed. I lost points in osteopathic whateverness but I don’t think memorizing the respiratory force of the pinky toe has anything to do with being a doctor.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
~250 step and 600s comlex with about 5 hours of half-assed OMM studying (OME vids) for the exam and nothing else in between. No other studying anything DO related beyond the minimum Combank required from my school in which I just skimmed for buzzwords and put the answer choice to achieve their arbitrary score cutoff. Finished with more than an hour left in time.

Do not study for the Comlex. I don't care about all these people going insane over this "blueprint." It means nothing. This post isn't to brag or whatever. It is to tell people to stop freaking out over this dumb as **** test.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what average score is? The percentile converter had me at 66% for up to April 2019, but my score report graph picture had me a little bit above average with >560. Thnx

It sounds like they give the average for the batch in the individual score reports but the new averages for the cycle aren’t until when everything’s said and done? Was my understanding

· COMBANK 1: 681-696 (5 weeks out)
· COMSAE 105: 513 (4 weeks out)
COMBANK 2: 691-706 (3 weeks out)
· COMSAE 104: 603 (3 days out)
COMLEX: 614
usmle: 231

Reactions: 5 users
Thank you! I was trying too see if taking it earlier In the June 17-25 time frame meant scores released today instead of tmr. Or if the time of when u took it ends up being irrelevant to whether ur score is released the first or second day

Thank you! I was trying too see if taking it earlier In the June 17-25 time frame meant scores released today instead of tmr. Or if the time of when u took it ends up being irrelevant to whether ur score is released the first or second day

Haha I’m not sure lol But if you didn’t get your score today, you’ll get it tmrw. I still have to wait till next week :/

Comsae 105 (early May- pre dedicated): 481
Cbse: 205 (day after comsae 105)
Uworld: 75%, uwsa1 247, uwsa2 251 (6 weeks into dedicated, 1 week out from step1)
Usmle: 254
Comlex: 672 (2 days after usmle)

Never used combank, except for my school required assignments during the year. Studied omt for a few hours the day before comlex but otherwise winged it. Thought Comlex was much harder than the usmle personally. I got very confident with my timing for uworld and usmle questions, but Comlex forces you to go much faster, which caught me off guard. Hard to be bummed with my score, but I know a few of the DO programs I’m looking at like a Comlex above 700.

Reactions: 2 users
Uworld: 75%, uwsa1 247, uwsa2 251 (6 weeks into dedicated, 1 week out from step1)

Never used combank, except for my school required assignments during the year. Studied omt for a few hours the day before comlex but otherwise winged it. Thought Comlex was much harder than the usmle personally. I got very confident with my timing for uworld and usmle questions, but Comlex forces you to go much faster, which caught me off guard. Hard to be bummed with my score, but I know a few of the DO programs I’m looking at like a Comlex above 700.

Just out of interest, what kind of programs are those? 700= 97th percentile. Which program wants to see only/prefers top 3%?

Members don't see this ad :)

What exactly are you shooting for that wants a 700+?

^^FFS that makes DO ortho harder than MD ortho by the numbers!! It’s easier to get a 250 than a 700 imo.

^^FFS that makes DO ortho harder than MD ortho by the numbers!! It’s easier to get a 250 than a 700 imo.

It's only like 3 programs I think. The ironic thing is that a lot of them will take people with high 500s over people with 700s based on the audition. Which is why there are always so many applicants, because a 550-650 score doesn't actually take you out of the running.

This last batch of scores are amazing.
I also noticed that comsae is more or less within 20-30 points of comlex if it was taken close to exam. We all know it's crapshoot, but at least it's some sort of indication for those who are wondering. NBOME is still silent about correlation etc, but we are not seeing 100-150 point drop (eg: when student had 450 on comsae and ended up with 350 on comlex) as it was previous cycle, so I guess that is good.
Basically for future readers of this thread, rule of thumb (at least for now) seems to be to average couple comsaes taken within 1-2 weeks to exam and that should indicate your score give or take 30 points. This method probably is good for below average students (hey there are 50% of us lol), as for above average students they might have bigger increase in their scores depending on many factors.

Combank 1 (January) - 560
Combank 2 (March) - 557 - 572
- Started 6 week dedicated -
COMSAE 101 (5 weeks out) - 561
COMSAE E (4 weeks out) - 680 (I about shat my pants when I saw that lmao)
COMSAE 105 (3 weeks out) - 632
COMSAE 102 (1 week out) - 634
COMLEX Level 1 - 621

Finished COMBANK Level 1 by April. Used only about 400 COMQUEST questions. Relied primarily on UWorld during dedicated.

Baselines:
UW1 - 228 (2 weeks pre-dedicated)
NBME 20 - 211 (1 week pre-dedicated)
-Started Dedicated-
NBME 16 (6 weeks out) - 230
NBME 21 (4 weeks out) - 232
NBME 23 (3 weeks out) - 234 (took same day as COMSAE 105 for a COMLEX test day simulation. Brain = fried)
UW2 (2 weeks out) - 249
NBME 18 (1 week out) - 246
Free 120 (1 day out) - 83%
Step 1 - 243

UWorld: did 1 pass only with a 72%.
Did about 850 Step 1 Combank questions during the year, and about 600 Kaplan step 1 questions (also during the year before I abandoned it)

Thank God it's over! Now two more incoming... :blackeye:

Reactions: 3 users
Combank 1 (January) - 560
Combank 2 (March) - 557 - 572
- Started 6 week dedicated -
COMSAE 101 (5 weeks out) - 561
COMSAE E (4 weeks out) - 680 (I about shat my pants when I saw that lmao)
COMSAE 105 (3 weeks out) - 632
COMSAE 102 (1 week out) - 634
COMLEX Level 1 - 621

Finished COMBANK Level 1 by April. Used only about 400 COMQUEST questions. Relied primarily on UWorld during dedicated.

Baselines:
UW1 - 228 (2 weeks pre-dedicated)
NBME 20 - 211 (1 week pre-dedicated)
-Started Dedicated-
NBME 16 (6 weeks out) - 230
NBME 21 (4 weeks out) - 232
NBME 23 (3 weeks out) - 234 (took same day as COMSAE 105 for a COMLEX test day simulation. Brain = fried)
UW2 (2 weeks out) - 249
NBME 18 (1 week out) - 246
Free 120 (1 day out) - 83%
Step 1 - 243

UWorld: did 1 pass only with a 72%.
Did about 850 Step 1 Combank questions during the year, and about 600 Kaplan step 1 questions (also during the year before I abandoned it)

Thank God it's over! Now two more incoming... :blackeye:

Lol you and I are exceptionally close on literally everything.

Lol you and I are exceptionally close on literally everything.
Ayyyy hermano!

Also, a word of advice to the future level 1 / step 1 peeps....take more than 2 days before STEP and COMLEX. I took Step on a Friday and Comlex the next Monday. OMM isn't a particularly weak subject of mine so I didn't put all that much time into studying it...so I thought I could parlay my Friday knowledge into Monday....wrong. Taking that test on Monday, My brain was still a bit burnt out from step the past Friday. So my advice, take at least 3-4 day off before taking the next.

Also...for the love of God...TAKE STEP BEFORE COMLEX. If you take Comlex first, all it's going to do is crush your confidence for step 1. I'm so glad I did it that way. If I went into step feeling the way I did after I came out of COMLEX...I'd have no confidence in my ability to take that exam.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if chapters 1-3 in pathoma is high yield for COMLEX? I know it is for USMLE. My exam is next Tuesday so I'm not sure if I should waste time going over them. Haven't looked at it since listening to it the first time about 1.5 months ago.

Does anyone know if chapters 1-3 in pathoma is high yield for COMLEX? I know it is for USMLE. My exam is next Tuesday so I'm not sure if I should waste time going over them. Haven't looked at it since listening to it the first time about 1.5 months ago.

It wasn’t for me and I unfortunately spent time on it within the week of my test.

Sorry for off topic guys, just trying to gather some info (for myself including as I mainly used UW), was here anyone who had 1st pass UW average at 55-60% who ended with more or less descent comlex score? Thank you

For the more middle of the road people that can't/won't break 600, here's all the stuff from my boards stuff since there is not much data out there like there is for the NBME practice tests.

Form 103 taken on 5/10 (beginning of board prep): 430
Form 101 taken on 5/27 (to make sure I'd test out of school requirement): 500
Form 105 taken on 5/31: 481
Form 102 taken on 6/9: 435 (got in a huge study slump)
Form 104 taken on 6/13: 496
Truelearn COMBANK Level 1 Assessment 3 (provided by the school) take on 6/16: 579-594/617-620
Actual: 556 taken on 6/20

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just finally got my COMLEX score so i figured I'd do a write up now for future readers. Made a very similar post on the Step 1 thread but wanted to make a post for COMLEX

COMSAE 1 Form D (4 Months out) = 481. I did not take any other COMSAEs after this because the score breakdown was very terrible. So i didn't feel like it was helpful.

NBME 13 (3 months out) = 184
NBME 15 (2 months out) = 207
NBME 16 (7 Weeks out) = 192
NBME 17 (6 weeks out) = 198
NBME 19 (5 weeks out) = 213
Free 120 (4 weeks out) = 72.5%
NBME 18 (3 weeks out)= 209
NBME 20 (2 weeks out)= 223
NBME 21 (1 weeks out) = 217
UW1 (3 days out)= 234
UW2 (2 days out) = 230
UW average = 63% First Pass, 85% 2nd Pass
USMLE Step 1: 219.
Then took approximately 1 week b/w Step 1 and Level 1. Honestly 1 week was overkill.
COMLEX Level 1: 600

In the 1 week b/w I completed.
  • OMGOMT = Purchased, Watched all the Concept, Practical Videos 2x. Once at Monday-Tuesday. Then second Time (2x speed) Saturday, Sunday
  • Completed Savereese Questions on Wednesday. I read this text throughout the 2 pre-clinical years so this was light review for me. Even then I would feel very comfortable completing this entire document in 2 days.
  • Sketchy Micro. Watched all the scenes over the course of the week. Averaged about 4-5 scenes per day. 2x Speed of course. I had already reviewed this resource for step 1 but the quick review was very helpful.
  • OnlineMedEd. Really liked the concepts laid out. Was very helpful. Watch at 2x speed of course.
  • UW Questions. Specifically the section for Microbiology. Over the course of the week did the entire UW Microbiology section. I don't remember how many questions it was (~400 but i could be wrong).
Pretty disappointed with my step score but pretty satisfied with my 600. I am interested in IM so i feel like my 600 will be helpful to overlook my step 1. I am planning on taking Step 2.

Tips for anyone preparing to take COMLEX Level 1 specifically. (If you want my step 1 suggestions see the Step 1 thread)
  • Sketchy Micro/Pharm is very high yield for COMLEX. The questions on this test gave a lot of details (too many details honestly) but there is a ton of sketchy buzzwords.
  • At least for my test, the test would focus specifically on 1-2 bugs for a span of 40-50 questions. Same exact patient presentation but would ask a different question at the end of the paragraph. Asked the mechanisms, common Abx, virulence factors, basically the entire sketchy scene. This is one reason why i feel that sketchy micro/pharm was beyond helpful.
  • Be comfortable with OMT concepts. Specifically for my test, I got the same exact sacral mechanics concepts over a span of 20-30 questions. Same exact patient presentation but would just change one detail about anatomic landmark orientation. If i did not feel comfortable with sacrum i feel that my score would've been alot lower.
  • The test did not feel distributed evenly. Most of my test was mostly 1-2 bugs. Some test takers may have had a different experience but i would prepared for this.
  • Your best bet is focusing on Step 1 and worry about COMLEX solely in that time b/w.
  • Everything else on this test personally felt like there was not preparation for it. You either knew it based on your background before medical school or you could read the questions better than me.

Reactions: 6 users
Just finally got my COMLEX score so i figured I'd do a write up now for future readers. Made a very similar post on the Step 1 thread but wanted to make a post for COMLEX

COMSAE 1 Form D (4 Months out) = 481. I did not take any other COMSAEs after this because the score breakdown was very terrible. So i didn't feel like it was helpful.

NBME 13 (3 months out) = 184
NBME 15 (2 months out) = 207
NBME 16 (7 Weeks out) = 192
NBME 17 (6 weeks out) = 198
NBME 19 (5 weeks out) = 213
Free 120 (4 weeks out) = 72.5%
NBME 18 (3 weeks out)= 209
NBME 20 (2 weeks out)= 223
NBME 21 (1 weeks out) = 217
UW1 (3 days out)= 234
UW2 (2 days out) = 230
UW average = 63% First Pass, 85% 2nd Pass
USMLE Step 1: 219.
Then took approximately 1 week b/w Step 1 and Level 1. Honestly 1 week was overkill.
COMLEX Level 1: 600

In the 1 week b/w I completed.
  • OMGOMT = Purchased, Watched all the Concept, Practical Videos 2x. Once at Monday-Tuesday. Then second Time (2x speed) Saturday, Sunday
  • Completed Savereese Questions on Wednesday. I read this text throughout the 2 pre-clinical years so this was light review for me. Even then I would feel very comfortable completing this entire document in 2 days.
  • Sketchy Micro. Watched all the scenes over the course of the week. Averaged about 4-5 scenes per day. 2x Speed of course. I had already reviewed this resource for step 1 but the quick review was very helpful.
  • OnlineMedEd. Really liked the concepts laid out. Was very helpful. Watch at 2x speed of course.
  • UW Questions. Specifically the section for Microbiology. Over the course of the week did the entire UW Microbiology section. I don't remember how many questions it was (~400 but i could be wrong).
Pretty disappointed with my step score but pretty satisfied with my 600. I am interested in IM so i feel like my 600 will be helpful to overlook my step 1. I am planning on taking Step 2.

Tips for anyone preparing to take COMLEX Level 1 specifically. (If you want my step 1 suggestions see the Step 1 thread)
  • Sketchy Micro/Pharm is very high yield for COMLEX. The questions on this test gave a lot of details (too many details honestly) but there is a ton of sketchy buzzwords.
  • At least for my test, the test would focus specifically on 1-2 bugs for a span of 40-50 questions. Same exact patient presentation but would ask a different question at the end of the paragraph. Asked the mechanisms, common Abx, virulence factors, basically the entire sketchy scene. This is one reason why i feel that sketchy micro/pharm was beyond helpful.
  • Be comfortable with OMT concepts. Specifically for my test, I got the same exact sacral mechanics concepts over a span of 20-30 questions. Same exact patient presentation but would just change one detail about anatomic landmark orientation. If i did not feel comfortable with sacrum i feel that my score would've been alot lower.
  • The test did not feel distributed evenly. Most of my test was mostly 1-2 bugs. Some test takers may have had a different experience but i would prepared for this.
  • Your best bet is focusing on Step 1 and worry about COMLEX solely in that time b/w.
  • Everything else on this test personally felt like there was not preparation for it. You either knew it based on your background before medical school or you could read the questions better than me.

Thank you for sharing! Did you also have a system that was more focused than the other? I heard neuro was heavily focused for some people.
Also If I were to quickly skim through the green book and do OMG-OMT, do you believe that is enough for OMM?

I"m really glad there are still buzzwords for micro on this test, I was worried about micro just being completely difficult with alot of bugs I've never heard of.

I also wonder if the reason why you kept getting repeated questions with the exact situation but different question was their way of incorporating the old grouped questions that had part 1 of 4 or whatever.

I heard neuro was heavily focused for some people.
Personally, I just got questions regarding anti-epileptics MOA. But nothing too crazy. No neuroanatomy. No neuro clinical correlates.

Also If I were to quickly skim through the green book and do OMG-OMT, do you believe that is enough for OMM?
Personally I felt like they were more than enough. I will preface that I utilized savareese throughout the two years in order to study for OMM tests during pre-clinical. So it was not my first time seeing some of these OMM concepts. But the questions had a very big emphasis on the general conceps given in the OMG-OMT.

I"m really glad there are still buzzwords for micro on this test, I was worried about micro just being completely difficult with alot of bugs I've never heard of.
There were a couple but at most <10 questions. I've overheard Robins Chapter 8 covered alot of these low-yield bugs covered in COMLEX. Personally, I didn't feel it was worth my time but it wouldn't hurt if you were feeling very motivated.

also wonder if the reason why you kept getting repeated questions with the exact situation but different question was their way of incorporating the old grouped questions that had part 1 of 4 or whatever.
The test format did not state it was Part 1 of X or anything like that. For me personally It was just same exact patient presentation stem but the question at the end was different. Personally for my scenario, as soon as a saw the first wording that sounded very similar to "18 y/o college female brought by roomate" i knew this was a question about N. Meningitis and went immediately to the question. I didn't need to read the lab values, PE, nonsense given in the patient stem because i already had same exact everything in a previous question.

Most people are only going to put their scores in order to either
a) Stroke their own ego
b) Attempt to show what works and what doesn't.

Honestly, the COMLEX is a crap shoot. You either get what you know or you don't. I was projected to hit 600+ and didn't hit my mark. Many more people got less that 500 than people care to admit. If you are one of those that didn't kill or destroy the exam, than you are not alone. Medicine is not about scores. It is, and always should be, about a team effort to heal people.

Reactions: 8 users
Medicine is not about scores. It is, and always should be, about a team effort to heal people.

True. But if you want a certain specialty you have to play the stupid game that has been created by the GME directors. Get a good score = get a chance at what you want. Get a bad score = family medicine in North Dakota.

I'll find out in a week which category I fall into.

Most people are only going to put their scores in order to either
a) Stroke their own ego
b) Attempt to show what works and what doesn't.

Honestly, the COMLEX is a crap shoot. You either get what you know or you don't. I was projected to hit 600+ and didn't hit my mark. Many more people got less that 500 than people care to admit. If you are one of those that didn't kill or destroy the exam, than you are not alone. Medicine is not about scores. It is, and always should be, about a team effort to heal people.

Most people do both A) and B), since medicine (for better, or more likely for worse) is ego driven and if your ego allows it, everyone can be a teamplayer. After all, this score is the most used stratification tool, and its bad at being a stratification tool. I remember talking to NBOME reps and them saying the StdDev of the test is 85-100points, meaning a person scoring a 625 can only be sure that they are above the 50th percentile. They literally could fall anywhere between 50th and 99th. Most people are close to average by definition of a bell curve, which means they are somewhere between excellent (80th percentile) and failing (15th percentile). That just shows how useless the 3 digits are to assess your proficiency. The whole residency game is screwed up in that regard. Do you need to be top of medical education to be a decent dermatologist? No, but lots of people want $$$ and decent hours, and theres no objective stratification tool except for our board scores.

Got a PM, so I'll ask here. What's the best way to quickly review Biochem/Immunology? Assuming person went over UFAPS during dedicated, but he forgot some minutiae details and needs to quickly refresh Biochem at the end of dedicated? Thank you
I was thinking to just review FA quickly - like in 1 day or less, but not sure if that's the best method.

Got a PM, so I'll ask here. What's the best way to quickly review Biochem/Immunology? Assuming person went over UFAPS during dedicated, but he forgot some minutiae details and needs to quickly refresh Biochem at the end of dedicated? Thank you
I was thinking to just review FA quickly - like in 1 day or less, but not sure if that's the best method.
fA rapid review hits on key biochem pathology, and review the biochem of hormone messengers. Ie, steroid hormones nuclear activity, etc

40 Uworld Q of biochem, or more, if time permits. Active recall >>> reading

Most people do both A) and B), since medicine (for better, or more likely for worse) is ego driven and if your ego allows it, everyone can be a teamplayer. After all, this score is the most used stratification tool, and its bad at being a stratification tool. I remember talking to NBOME reps and them saying the StdDev of the test is 85-100points, meaning a person scoring a 625 can only be sure that they are above the 50th percentile. They literally could fall anywhere between 50th and 99th. Most people are close to average by definition of a bell curve, which means they are somewhere between excellent (80th percentile) and failing (15th percentile). That just shows how useless the 3 digits are to assess your proficiency. The whole residency game is screwed up in that regard. Do you need to be top of medical education to be a decent dermatologist? No, but lots of people want $$$ and decent hours, and theres no objective stratification tool except for our board scores.
NBOME sucks don’t get me wrong, but even the SD of step was 20. So 1 SD on either side of the 231 average is a massive window. It isn’t as terrible as an 85 point SD, but still kinda speaks to how these tests aren’t amazing at stratifying. They’re the best we got by far, but far from perfect

NBOME sucks don’t get me wrong, but even the SD of step was 20. So 1 SD on either side of the 231 average is a massive window. It isn’t as terrible as an 85 point SD, but still kinda speaks to how these tests aren’t amazing at stratifying. They’re the best we got by far, but far from perfect
SEE for Step 1 was +/- 8 of whatever score you actually got. I think Step 1 is pretty useful indicator of competency. Someone with a 200 isn’t anywhere close to person with 250

SEE for Step 1 was +/- 8 of whatever score you actually got. I think Step 1 is pretty useful indicator of competency. Someone with a 200 isn’t anywhere close to person with 250
Oh I was purely talking about the score report. It said the SD was 20 which is pretty wide to me. Obviously they aren’t close between 200 and 250...

Oh I was purely talking about the score report. It said the SD was 20 which is pretty wide to me. Obviously they aren’t close between 200 and 250...
SD says more about the population than an individual. (If a normal distribution) it seems expected that 68% of students land between 211-251. Idk the SEE for the Comlex but I think that would be a better measurement for performance (still a garbage exam though)

Alright, because of tech issues during the test I have a chance to retake if I want to and not have my first test scored. Problem is I am in rotations and won’t have much time to study. Has anyone been in this situation and retook it? I would appreciate a PM to ask a few questions about how you re studied for it.

At this point I don’t think I will retake the exam, but it’s so hard because I have no idea how I felt about it.

• Wow
SD says more about the population than an individual. (If a normal distribution) it seems expected that 68% of students land between 211-251. Idk the SEE for the Comlex but I think that would be a better measurement for performance (still a garbage exam though)
No I understand statistics thanks for the lesson though...all I was saying it’s harder to differentiate students in the population using SD when it includes pretty much the entire spectrum. SEE would definitely be a better measurement if differentiation was the goal (the exam wasn’t set up that way though, more as competency)

Alright, because of tech issues during the test I have a chance to retake if I want to and not have my first test scored. Problem is I am in rotations and won’t have much time to study. Has anyone been in this situation and retook it? I would appreciate a PM to ask a few questions about how you re studied for it.

At this point I don’t think I will retake the exam, but it’s so hard because I have no idea how I felt about it.
What score you got on comlex? Have you taken step1? I'm just saying maybe it's not worth to bother with comlex and focus on putting more time into level2/step2 - that is if you have time to begin with during rotations. Just my opinion man.

P.S. As to how to study for retake while on rotations: imho you can only do it on elective rotations (no shelf exams) and/or on easy lifestyle rotations (meaning you get to go home early: could be psych, rural FM etc). I doubt you'll have time to study during IM or surgery rotations. Again it's just my opinion.

I saw a value of SEM range was 21-31 points - on comlex report (not mine). SD was 85 points. However, if I'm not mistaken 85 points on comlex is roughly equal to 21 points of step 1 (assuming roughly 4 points on comlex = 1 point on step 1). So it's really a wash between them: step 1 has SD of 20 points while level 1 (comlex) has 21 points. I can be way off lol.

Last edited:
What score you got on comlex? Have you taken step1? I'm just saying maybe it's not worth to bother with comlex and focus on putting more time into level2/step2 - that is if you have time to begin with during rotations. Just my opinion man.

P.S. As to how to study for retake while on rotations: imho you can only do it on elective rotations (no shelf exams) and/or on easy lifestyle rotations (meaning you get to go home early: could be psych, rural FM etc). I doubt you'll have time to study during IM or surgery rotations. Again it's just my opinion.

That’s what I’m thinking. I haven’t been studying for the test for the last month because I didn’t know I would have the opportunity to retake. So I’m thinking even though I lost time on my test, I might do better on that one than if I had to take it again with little review time.

I have a step 1 in the lower 230s. I won’t find out my COMLEX if I choose to retake. I don’t think I failed COMLEX, just worried that it will hurt my application if I did.

My school didn’t give an option to do an elective rotation for this

That’s what I’m thinking. I haven’t been studying for the test for the last month because I didn’t know I would have the opportunity to retake. So I’m thinking even though I lost time on my test, I might do better on that one than if I had to take it again with little review time.

I have a step 1 in the lower 230s. I won’t find out my COMLEX if I choose to retake. I don’t think I failed COMLEX, just worried that it will hurt my application if I did.

My school didn’t give an option to do an elective rotation for this

Wow that sucks. I had a technical error towards the end of section 5 where the screen just suddenly went black. It took them a while to see my hand up and then they couldn’t fix it and eventually moved me to a different station after 20 mins of mental anguish. The whole time I was thinking “is the clock still ticking, did that just erase my exam, do I want it to have (lol)” but then when I started it was at the same place with the same clock. Hopefully everything else saved lol. But since you didn’t find out about your situation for a while, now I’m just hoping there isn’t an ongoing problem with mine.

Anyway, comlex was a nightmare, and I wouldn’t want to volunteer to take it again, especially after not keeping up with studying for it.

Wow that sucks. I had a technical error towards the end of section 5 where the screen just suddenly went black. It took them a while to see my hand up and then they couldn’t fix it and eventually moved me to a different station after 20 mins of mental anguish. The whole time I was thinking “is the clock still ticking, did that just erase my exam, do I want it to have (lol)” but then when I started it was at the same place with the same clock. Hopefully everything else saved lol. But since you didn’t find out about your situation for a while, now I’m just hoping there isn’t an ongoing problem with mine.

Anyway, comlex was a nightmare, and I wouldn’t want to volunteer to take it again, especially after not keeping up with studying for it.

lol same thing happened to me 3 times during step because they're using outdated VGA connections to the monitors which will get uncoupled if you like breathe on them the wrong way (i like moving the monitor up and down to get comfortable)

• Wow

Yeah I had heard that when it crashed people didn’t lose time, so I wasn’t worried about it until they started my test back up and my time had been lost, then I was freaking out. But I answered the questions super fast and got through most of the test. So I’m hoping I did alright but the last three blocks are a blur.