Official 2019-2020 Endocrinology fellowship match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Did Arizona University in Phoenix send out all IVs at once? Do they still have IV spots? Those who got it are you guys AMG? I was hoping to hear from them!
Thankx

Did Arizona University in Phoenix send out all IVs at once? Do they still have IV spots? Those who got it are you guys AMG? I was hoping to hear from them!
Thankx

Not sure if they sent all IVs at once, but I got one as well as a friend. Probably they're doing a first round of IV's. I'm an IMG no visa required.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if they sent all IVs at once, but I got one as well as a friend. Probably they're doing a first round of IV's. I'm an IMG no visa required.
Good luck, I never heard from them, I think will wait and see!
Do you have a tie to the area?

- 7/16 Texas Tech
- 7/17 U of Wisconsin, U of Washington, IOWA, U of Kentucky
- 7/18 Indiana U, Wake Forest, UNC, U of Vermont
- 7/19 Henry Ford, Washington University-St Louis
- 7/22 U of Arizona (Tucson), U of Colorado
- 7/23 U of Florida Jacksonville, U of Nebraska, CPMC (San Francisco), University of Oklahoma, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 7/24 U of Virginia, Ohio State, Toledo, NYU, Tulane
- 7/25 Case Western, U of Oklahoma
- 7/28 UIC
- 7/29 University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix Program, U of Florida (Gainesville), Brown, Dartmouth, Mayo Jacksonville
- 8/1 Medical College of Wisconsin

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington
- 7/25 University of Virginia

It’s odd how much more active this thread is than the rest of the Other Subspecialties forum. More posts than any fellowship except GI and Heme/Onc currently.

Obviously post count isn’t necessarily significant, but I wonder if there are more applicants or more interest in Endo this year? Will it be more competitive as a result?

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s odd how much more active this thread is than the rest of the Other Subspecialties forum. More posts than any fellowship except GI and Heme/Onc currently.

Obviously post count isn’t necessarily significant, but I wonder if there are more applicants or more interest in Endo this year? Will it be more competitive as a result?

I think it's like 1 person posting with 3 different accounts or something
Probably has some kind of psyc disorder

Does anyone get the feeling they won't match their top 3-4 spots. I know the stats say you should but just having a nagging feeling that won't happen.

Does anyone get the feeling they won't match their top 3-4 spots. I know the stats say you should but just having a nagging feeling that won't happen.

It's been super quiet for me for about 3 days now and have also a bad feeling about this years match :(.

In another note a friend just got an invite for Rush.

It's been super quiet for me for about 3 days now and have also a bad feeling about this years match :(.

In another note a friend just got an invite for Rush.

Do they have any ties to the area or any idea of their stats?

How many interviews do you guys have so far?
Is it still too early to be sad about not getting as many invites as you anticipated?

Above poster said something about how most places interview only about 20 or so candidates? is that true and does that mean you have a good chance of matching invited places if you rank them #1? Thanks

ERAS puts out data monthly so it's pretty trivial to check. ERAS Statistics - ERAS - Services - AAMC

# of applicants who submitted an ERAS application is 175 US grads, relative to last year being 162 and 257 IMGs, relative to last year being 259 - it's a record for the # of US grads, but lower than the last 5 years of IMGs.

In addition, the average # of application per program is slightly higher than previous years. 32.2 AMGs relative to 28.5 last year and 85.2 IMGs compared to 84.0 last year. It's been higher in the past for IMGs, but it is a modest record for AMGs. That said, it goes up every year and this year isn't so much higher than before.

ERAS puts out data monthly so it's pretty trivial to check. ERAS Statistics - ERAS - Services - AAMC

# of applicants who submitted an ERAS application is 175 US grads, relative to last year being 162 and 257 IMGs, relative to last year being 259 - it's a record for the # of US grads, but lower than the last 5 years of IMGs.

In addition, the average # of application per program is slightly higher than previous years. 32.2 AMGs relative to 28.5 last year and 85.2 IMGs compared to 84.0 last year. It's been higher in the past for IMGs, but it is a modest record for AMGs. That said, it goes up every year and this year isn't so much higher than before.

are these numbers for this years applicants?

It says 2019 and it's preliminary data, so I think so. Unless it means for the people who started fellowship in 2019.
I'm thinking ERAS 2019 refers to starting year 2019 since this current season is ERAS 2020. Useful info on the site though--thanks!

It says 2019 and it's preliminary data, so I think so. Unless it means for the people who started fellowship in 2019.

Don't think AAMC would be this efficient, probably from last year's data

Have you contacted programs to get a status check and show them you are interested in their programs?
Just applying on July 15 and sitting back and waiting for interviews to come to you isn’t being proactive

I'll take about anything at this point.

Last year's thread summary for those still waiting, more invites in August
2018-2019 Endocrinology Interview Invites Thread:
Invites:
7/17: UNC, Chapel Hill
7/18: Northwestern
7/18: Henry Ford/Wayne State
7/19: Univ of Arizona - Phoenix
7/19: Univ of Virginia
7/19: Henry Ford/Wayne state
7/19: Mayo Clinic Jacksonville
7/19: University of Florida, Jacksonville
7/23: University of South Carolina/Palmetto Health
7/23: University of Wisconsin
7/24: Ohio State University
7/24: Univ of Arizona - Tucson
7/25: CPMC
7/26: Mayo Clinic, Rochester
7/27: Texas Tech
7/27: Allegheny General Pittsburgh
7/27: Virginia Commonwealth University
7/30: University of Central Florida/HCA GME Consortium
7/31: UC Davis
7/31: University of Tennessee
8/1: Indiana University
8/1: University of Pennsylvania
8/3: Duke University Medical Center
8/3: Creighton University
8/3: UAMS
8/3: Rutgers - RWJ
8/5: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
8/6: University of Maryland
8/6: Drexel University
8/6: University of West Virginia
8/6: UPMC Pittsburgh
8/6: Dartmouth-Hitchcock
8/7: Johns Hopkins
8/8: University of Cincinnati
8/9: Houston Methodist
8/9: University of Utah
8/9: University of Massachusetts
8/9: Louisiana State University
8/13: University of Oklahoma
8/13: Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin
8/14: John Hopkins
8/15: Cooper University Hospital
8/15: University of Florida - Gainesville
8/15: UC Irvine
8/15: University of Colorado Denver
8/16: UTHSC San Antonio
8/17: Einstein, Philadelphia
8/17: Icahn - mount Sinai
8/17: UTMB Galveston
8/17: George Washington University
8/20: Temple University
8/20: Baylor Scott and White
8/21: Wake Forest
8/21: University of South Florida
8/21: University of Louisville
8/22: University of Missouri
8/22: University of Minnesota
8/22: Medical University of South Carolina
8/22: Tulane
8/24: Georgetown
8/24: Michigan State University
8/27: UTMB Galveston
8/29: Loyola
8/29: UCLA-Harborview
8/31: University of Illinois - Chicago
8/31: Howard, Washington
9/07: UPMC Pittsburgh
9/10: Univ of Missouri, Kansas City

Unknown dates of invites:
Lehigh Valley Hospital, PA
Medical College of Georgia
Regional Medical Center, Hudson, Florida

Questionable and unknown dates of invites:
Colorado
Utah
MGH
UVA
Georgetown
Michigan
Northwestern
Chicago
Scripps
UCLA
UCSF
University of Washington
Mayo (Rochester)
Johns Hopkins
Tufts
UC Davis
Penn
Oregon
UT Southwestern
Emory
Beth Israel (Boston)
Cornell

Rejections:
7/24, 8/10: University of Washington
7/31: UIOWA
8/3: BIDMC
8/6: University of Maryland
8/7: Brigham and Women's
8/14: Mass Gen
8/20: Wake Forest, NC
8/21: Yale
8/27: Ohio State University
**END 2018-2019 Summary aka NOT FROM THIS YEAR'S APPLICATION CYCLE*

Reactions: 3 users
From ppl who have completed endo fellowships, anything we should be looking for in a program? Or for other little things such as # of ppl per program, amount of call, amount of running around between multiple hospitals, or commute times?

From ppl who have completed endo fellowships, anything we should be looking for in a program? Or for other little things such as # of ppl per program, amount of call, amount of running around between multiple hospitals, or commute times?
Everyone is different for what is important to them...
Personally I did not want a commute longer than 30 mins and did not want a heavier 1st year...some places you are on consults for 9-11 months for the 1st year. Wanted research opportunities to be available fairly easy and ability to go to conferences .

Everyone is different for what is important to them...
Personally I did not want a commute longer than 30 mins and did not want a heavier 1st year...some places you are on consults for 9-11 months for the 1st year. Wanted research opportunities to be available fairly easy and ability to go to conferences .

I think the commuting aspect is interesting. Some programs I know have 4 associated hospitals including a VA hospital a good drive away. I think it would get old quick having to run around to so many places, plus having a multiple logins and multiple EMRs to worry about

What makes a malignant program? I was told specifically by an attending not to apply to a particular program because the PD didn't support female fellows who planned to or happened to become pregnant and had very high pressure to churn out research/publications. Any there any known malignant fellowships we should avoid?

Reactions: 1 users
How many programs did you guys apply to, think it's too late to add some more, but I only did 32 (somewhat limited geographically)

IV
- 7/16 Texas Tech
- 7/23 U of Florida Jacksonville, U of Nebraska, CPMC (San Francisco), University of Oklahoma, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 7/28 UIC
- 7/29 University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix Program, U of Florida (Gainesville), Brown, Dartmouth, Mayo Jacksonville
- 8/1 Medical College of Wisconsin, Rush U
- 8/5 Rush U, MUSC, Thomas Jefferson

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington
- 8/2 Yale New Haven

IV
- 7/16 Texas Tech
- 7/28 UIC
- 8/1 Medical College of Wisconsin, Rush U, University of Minnesota.
- 8/6 Creighton

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington
- 8/2 Yale New Haven

Anyone heard from Boston programs yet?

- 7/16 Texas Tech
- 7/28 UIC
- 8/1 Medical College of Wisconsin, Rush U
- 8/6 Creighton, UTMB

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington
- 8/2 Yale New Haven

How would you all rank the Virginia programs in terms of overall training: EVMS, UVA, MCV/VCU?