Official 2019-2020 Endocrinology fellowship match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Invites
- 7/16 Texas Tech
- 7/17 U of Wisconsin, U of Washington, IOWA, U of Kentucky
- 7/18 Indiana U, Wake Forest, UNC, U of Vermont
- 7/19 Henry Ford, Wash-U
-07/18/2019 University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
-07/19/2019 Washington University-St Louis
-07/22/2019 U of Arizona (Tucson)
-07/23/2019 U of Florida Jacksonville

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Got one from Nebraska today

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Invites
- 7/16 Texas Tech
- 7/18 Indiana U, Wake Forest, UNC-Chapel Hill, U of Vermont
- 7/22 U of Arizona (Tucson)
- 7/23 U of Florida Jacksonville, U of Nebraska

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington

Members don't see this ad :)
Adding CPMC in California to the list - they gave 3 options of 10/23, 10/24, and 10/25 interview dates

Invites
- 7/16 Texas Tech
- 7/18 University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- 7/19 Washington University-St Louis
- 7/23 U of Florida Jacksonville
- 7/23 U of Nebraska
- 7/23 CPMC (San Francisco)

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington

adding University of Oklahoma - 4 interview dates, 5 people per day

Invites
- 7/16 Texas Tech
- 7/23 U of Florida Jacksonville
- 7/23 U of Nebraska
- 7/23 CPMC (San Francisco)
- 7/23 University of Oklahoma

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington

07/23 Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine

Invites
- 7/16 Texas Tech
- 7/22 U of Arizona (Tucson), U of Colorado
- 7/23 U of Florida Jacksonville, U of Nebraska, CPMC (San Francisco), University of Oklahoma, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington

How many applicants are usually in these fellowship interviews at a time?

Invites
- 7/16 Texas Tech
- 7/19 Henry Ford, Washington University-St Louis
- 7/23 U of Florida Jacksonville, U of Nebraska, CPMC (San Francisco), University of Oklahoma, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 7/24 U of Virginia, Ohio State, Toledo

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington

Members don't see this ad :)
There are a few programs I emailed with a date to schedule my interview, but have not heard any confirmation yet. Anyone else with this scenario?

Do programs only send one round of interviews to candidates?

Adding Tulane (and the one NYU above someone else got)

Invites
- 7/16 Texas Tech
- 7/24 U of Virginia, Ohio State, Toledo, NYU, Tulane

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington

How many interviews are you all trying to aim for, assuming you could target any number of interviews?

I have a q.
I'm not a stellar applicant, I have a couple of red flags from medical school days (can't say what, one of them low step 1 score), but none during residency.
Hypothetically speaking, what's the safest # of interviews that I should attend to almost guarantee a match (I know I should probably attend all)? Just curious.

I have a q.
I'm not a stellar applicant, I have a couple of red flags from medical school days (can't say what, one of them low step 1 score), but none during residency.
Hypothetically speaking, what's the safest # of interviews that I should attend to almost guarantee a match (I know I should probably attend all)? Just curious.

That's tough to say, something like 65% match their top 3 choices, so if you have ~10 I think you're chances are almost 99.9%. Granted, I would check the NRMP stats and see which programs may have gone partially unfilled for whatever reason. Some programs have been completely unfilled for years.

That's tough to say, something like 65% match their top 3 choices, so if you have ~10 I think you're chances are almost 99.9%. Granted, I would check the NRMP stats and see which programs may have gone partially unfilled for whatever reason. Some programs have been completely unfilled for years.
Which programs have gone unfilled for years?
Some places will rather go unfilled rather than take candidates they don’t feel fit in and then fill in the scramble.

I have a q.
Are you a USMD? Short of professionalism issues, should be fine and get interviews...if you get less than 10, you prolly should go to all of them...more than that, you can be selective.

Are you a USMD? Short of professionalism issues, should be fine and get interviews...if you get less than 10, you prolly should go to all of them...more than that, you can be selective.

Yes thankfully an AMG. No professionalism issues. I did improve my USMLE by 30 points on my 2CK. Hopefully I can get more than 10.

Trying to keep the list organized so it's easier to follow (adding other peoples invites/rejections from above):

Invites
- 7/16 Texas Tech
- 7/25 Case Western

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington
- 7/25 University of Virginia

Why do some programs not list their fellows such as Baylor and Wisconsin? Is that a red flag?

I doubt it.
Most likely they don't care to...
But literally everyone does this at other programs and different specialties. Coordinators and PDs know people scope out the fellow profiles so seems like they are being suspicious

But literally everyone does this at other programs and different specialties. Coordinators and PDs know people scope out the fellow profiles so seems like they are being suspicious

Some fellowship websites are so bare they literally don't have much other than that their programs exists. Some don't have any info on FREIDA other than existing + contact info. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem like a priority for fellowship websites to be complete or detailed like residency ones. I guess cuz people will apply if they want to go there? And people tend to use family/location factors even more for fellowship than for residency? So I'm not as inclined to think of a nefarious reason for a fellowship website to be incomplete -- I would consider that a residency is trying to hide something though if they did the same!

Invites
- 7/16 Texas Tech
- 7/25 Case Western, U of Oklahoma
-7/28 UIC
-7/29 U of Florida (Gainesville)

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington

Where do programs such as Scripps, Mayo Jacksonville, Lahey etc exist in the spectrum of training? Would it be better to train at a major academic university center versus something like these other institutions?

Invite from Brown University, what a pleasant surprise!

Invites
- 7/16 Texas Tech
-7/28 UIC
-7/29 University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix Program, U of Florida (Gainesville), Brown, Dartmouth

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington

Invites
- 7/16 Texas Tech
-7/28 UIC
-7/29 University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix Program, U of Florida (Gainesville), Brown, Dartmouth, Mayo Jacksonville

Rejections
- 7/18 U of Washington

Has any IMG needing visa received any interviews? I need a visa and I haven't received any invites and I'm beginning to freak out now.

• Sad