*~*~* Official 2019-2020 AADSAS Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waitlisted: NYU, UIC, Nova, Case, OHSU

No acceptances (yet) no rejections either (yet) :-/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, curious - did UIC formally put you on a waitlist or did they just not accept/reject you?

I got an email saying I was on the waitlist.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Acceptance #1: University of Washington (phonecall)

Waitlist- Oklahoma

Rejected: Texas A&M, DCG

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
University of Georgia at Augusta?? At least I thought the abbrev. was UGA
Nah UGA stands for just University of Georgia.....there website url is literally UGA.edu

Nah UGA stands for just University of Georgia.....there website url is literally UGA.edu
Yup, this is correct. The only dental school in Georgia is at Augusta University and is called the Dental College of Georgia (DCG for short).

TIL they’re different
Haha yeah. Here are some fun facts for you.
1. DCG is located on the border line of South Carolina and Georgia.
2. There are DCG students who live in SC and cross a bridge and boom - they are at the dental school.
3. It's quite cheaper for SC state residents to go to DCG than their own state school of MUSC.
4. They get a day off of school for the start of the Masters golf tournament (It starts in Augusta every year).
5. Epstein didn't .....ehhhhhh you know the rest.

Anyway, I have a question, has anyone written a letter of interest to a school before receiving an interview? Did it affect whether you got an interview?

• Haha
Acceptance #2- Midwestern AZ- Notified in person at the end of my interview this afternoon.

Reactions: 5 users
Acceptance #2- Midwestern AZ- Notified in person at the end of my interview this afternoon.

Have you decided which school you are going to attend? I saw you were also accepted to UW, so I’m curious what you think of the UW. I’m having a difficult time deciding whether or not I want to accept the offer I received from the UW.

Have you decided which school you are going to attend? I saw you were also accepted to UW, so I’m curious what you think of the UW. I’m having a difficult time deciding whether or not I want to accept the offer I received from the UW.
Why accept the offer if Iowa was your top choice? Give that spot up for someone else. This profession is about being unselfish if you accept that offer your just wasting money and wasting other people’s time. Please be a good person that’s all I ask! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Why accept the offer if Iowa was your top choice? Give that spot up for someone else. This profession is about being unselfish if you accept that offer your just wasting money and wasting other people’s time. Please be a good person that’s all I ask! :)

I haven’t accepted any offers yet, I have until January to do that. I’m definitely leaning towards Iowa, I really liked it. Tuition is pretty similar, but being from the Seattle area I would be closer to family. Also the weather is far milder in Seattle than it is in Iowa but definitely leaning towards Iowa, my plan was always to only put down one deposit but I have a little bit of time to decide.

edit: it’s also just kind of scary to commit to moving to a state where you know no one and are pretty unfamiliar with. I wrote out a pros and cons list of Iowa vs UW and it was pretty obvious I should go to Iowa, it’s just that taking that first step is frightening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users

Relax bro, let him make his decision.

Reactions: 27 users
Relax bro, let him make his decision.
I was relaxed and no one told you to come into this :rofl: But I just wanted to make sure he was making only one deposit because it truly would be a waste of time and money on both ends. Just watching out for people as they make decisions. All in all, Apl101 you should take that leap. Iowa is amazing and you will love it. Look forward to becoming your classmate!

Wow thats amazing! Did you ask them, or they just told you?
They just told me at the end of my interview. Kind of like " also we have one last question, would you like a spot in our class for next year etc"

Not yet, still kinda in shock from yesterday honestly, so I haven't even had time to weigh out all the pros and cons of each. Both great schools and felt like a great fit for me so it will be a tough choice. Deadline for my deposits are both in the first two weeks of Jan. I'll post in the " will be attending ___ and turning down ___ " thread once I decide.

When does UCLA stop sending out interview invites?
We traditionally interview until March, but last year, there were very few post-Dec interview dates, probably just 1 (since only one person in the 2023 class said they interviewed post-Dec). Not sure how it'll be this year -- will probably have to wait until the deposit deadline to see how full the class is to decide whether or not they'll interview people.

Interview #2
School: UIC
Notification date: 12/30/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
Application complete date: 07/24/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/21

Attending UW for now, turned down Midwestern AZ

Interview #4
School: UNLV
Notification date: 1/1/20
Residency: none
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/19
Application complete date: 9/10/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.41, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/20/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/10 or 1/31

Does anybody know when WesternU or LLU send out post-December interviews?

Are you attending UW mainly because of the price difference?
No, in my research both schools were pretty close in overall COA for 4 years. Also I’m planning on military HPSP, so it was more a location decision for my wife and I.

wow...
things were really different back in the Acceptance/Rejection thread of 2014-2015...
around Jan. 5 of 2015, that thread already hit 85 pages....
lol ppl were so vocal back then..

Reactions: 6 users
wow...
things were really different back in the Acceptance/Rejection thread of 2014-2015...
around Jan. 5 of 2015, that thread already hit 85 pages....
lol ppl were so vocal back then..

I've seen statistics from 2 separate schools from the most recent application cycle that have shown applications trending downwards. This is just a personal theory but I think the med-dental pendulum has been swinging back in favor of med recently with the rise in dental tuition and the rise in med salaries and more humane (still crazy) training for residents.

I've seen statistics from 2 separate schools from the most recent application cycle that have shown applications trending downwards. This is just a personal theory but I think the med-dental pendulum has been swinging back in favor of med recently with the rise in dental tuition and the rise in med salaries and more humane (still crazy) training for residents.

I am hearing numbers are way down across the country...

No surprise to be honest. Medical school and its professions as of right now are basically going through its golden ages with much better result in terms of debt, pay, and honestly, hours worked (EM doctors have arguably bad hours but hospitals are seeing this and are being proactive in changing their working hours) and this is all due to the government keeping the residency spot fixed.
With schools that have both dental and med schools-- compare their tuition prices and you will see just how absurd the differences are.

Is it bad to feel as though the 1980s dental school "crash" will soon happen again?

Has anyone heard anything from second round acceptances from Colorado, Case, or Michigan?

Interview #5
School: UK
Notification date: 1/6/20
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 7/3
GPA (overall, science): 3.78, 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/20/none
Interview date: Will be turning down, thought I would post so people know they are sending out post-dec interviews.

Interview # 6
School: Columbia
Notification date: 01/06/2019
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/17/2019
Application complete date: 07/03/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/17/25/None

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using SDN mobile

Interview #5
School: University of Florida
Notification date: 1/7/2020
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/20
Application complete date: 10/1
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.29, 3.43
Graduate GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.74
Total GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/18/24/none below 17
Interview Date: January 17, 2020

Interview #2
School: Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 1/7/2020
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/29
Application complete date: 07/30
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/17/25/23/ Math (16)
Interview Date: January 24, 2020

Last edited:
Interview #8
School: University of Pennsylvania
Notification date: 1/7/20
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6
Application complete date: 6/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/21/none

YAHOOOOOO!!!! PRAISE. THE. DENTAL APP LAWDS!!

After hours, days, and months of creepin' on this thread,
hoping one day I would also join all of ya'll in the "Interview Invite" announcements,
(I swear it's been an emotional rollercoaster)

I am ECSTATIC to say that I got an invite today!!!! My first and only one so far!!

I hope I do not bomb this interview!!!
YAAAAaaaaaaaaa!! :biglove:

Reactions: 16 users
YAHOOOOOO!!!! PRAISE. THE. DENTAL APP LAWDS!!

After hours, days, and months of creepin' on this thread,
hoping one day I would also join all of ya'll in the "Interview Invite" announcements,
(I swear it's been an emotional rollercoaster)

I am ECSTATIC to say that I got an invite today!!!! My first and only one so far!!

I hope I do not bomb this interview!!!
YAAAAaaaaaaaaa!! :biglove:
Congrats!! Where did you get an interview at?

Would it hurt to email schools about my application status?

Did they give you a definitive answer?
I mean, definitive as much as they possibly could. I’m on a ranked waitlist at my in state school, so they were able to tell me where I’m currently at/if I’ve moved positions. The other schools I am on waitlists that don’t have rankings and all they told me was that I am still under consideration. But mostly for those ones it’s good to call to just show interest. I eventually got accepted into one who told me “I was still under consideration.”

Acceptance without an interview #1
School: Creighton
Notification date: 1/8/20
Application complete date: 12/16/19

Reactions: 2 users
WHat was the interview like? I have an interview soon
Small room with a conference table like desk, 2 faculty , one a dean and the other a clinical care coordinator, and one D2 student, they all took turn asking questions about me, ethics, my journey, why their school etc. VERY friendly and conversational! But also, they told me that based on my stats and essays, they had come into the interview planning on offering me a spot as long as i wasn't crazy in person or something, at some points it felt like they weren't listening to some of my answers because they were moving so fast and taking no notes unlike the other panel interviews I've had, so idk if the interview atmosphere would change if that weren't the case, but I don't think it could be much different. Overall they were friendly and accommodating!

Small room with a conference table like desk, 2 faculty , one a dean and the other a clinical care coordinator, and one D2 student, they all took turn asking questions about me, ethics, my journey, why their school etc. VERY friendly and conversational! But also, they told me that based on my stats and essays, they had come into the interview planning on offering me a spot as long as i wasn't crazy in person or something, at some points it felt like they weren't listening to some of my answers because they were moving so fast and taking no notes unlike the other panel interviews I've had, so idk if the interview atmosphere would change if that weren't the case, but I don't think it could be much different. Overall they were friendly and accommodating!
Would mind sharing your stats? (Or private message me if ur not comfortable)

Would mind sharing your stats? (Or private message me if ur not comfortable)

Not who you were asking, but I also interviewed at MWU though I did not get a seat on the spot. I think regardless of whether or not they go into it planning to offer a seat, the interview is pretty laid back. There definitely is not much of conversation until the end; more so question-answer-question-answer format. I did end up getting accepted less than a week after the interview. 19AA/19TS/20PAT 3.8sGPA/cGPA. Regardless of stats, be confident once you are there! Clearly you're fine on paper. Good luck and hope you end up where you want to!

Anyone with post dec interview, When did you guys hear back from midwestern AZ? I have an interview coming up and its my first choice

Acceptance without an interview #1
School: Creighton
Notification date: 1/8/20
Application complete date: 12/16/19

wow, without an interview!
Congrats!

Interview #1