*~*~* Official 2019-2020 AADSAS Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was offered in a call
for those who where offered a scholarship, did you request it or was it just offered?

Sent from my SM-G973U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptances!
1 UT Houston - email
2 UT San Antonio - email/phone
3 A&M - email
4 Columbia - email/phone
5 Nova - phone
6 Roseman - phone
7 Midwestern Arizona - portal

7 interviews and 7 acceptances! Over the moon to finally be done with this period of my life! :woot:
nice

please turn down the schools you are not considering (assuming all the texas ones) ASAP to give others a chance

Reactions: 6 users
Acceptances!
1 UT Houston - email
2 UT San Antonio - email/phone
3 A&M - email
4 Columbia - email/phone
5 Nova - phone
6 Roseman - phone
7 Midwestern Arizona - portal

7 interviews and 7 acceptances! Over the moon to finally be done with this period of my life! :woot:

Congrats! When did you hear from Roseman?

I wonder what time they stop calling???
As far as I understood, if your status has changed on AADSAS then they will call you. The call by itself was more to congratulate you and to confirm the mailing address.

Acceptances:
University of Utah - email
ASDOH - phone call
Creighton - phone call
UC Denver - phone call
Midwestern, AZ - phone call

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
acceptances:
UK - email at midnight, call later
IU - email at midnight, call later
western - call

waitlist:
UIC - my instate school.. ouch

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted at NYU and UIC. Waitlisted Rutgers and UConn. Notified via email (&phone call for UIC)

To those who have not received an acceptance today, DO NOT GIVE UP. Last year, I didn't receive an acceptance- I didn't even receive an interview from any of the nine schools I applied to. But dentistry is my dream. After accepting my failure I reevaluated and strengthened my application for this year's cycle.
Now, I feel immensely fortunate to have had the opportunity to interview at four schools over this cycle. And honestly, I didn't change much from the previous year. But by reapplying I believe that the schools saw my determination and passion for the career. I persevered and it paid off- even though I could have given up.

Today, I feel so fortunate to say that I have been accepted to the University of Michigan. However, it took a second try and a whole lot of waiting. Remember that these messages are the highlight reels of the unseen struggles we all endured.
For those that didn't receive an acceptance yet, your time will eventually come and one day you'll be able click "POST REPLY" too.

[This message is for the person I was last year around this time.]

Last edited:
Reactions: 28 users
I have not received any calls yet (attended to three interviews), knowing that attending to post December interview is lower chance for getting in, should I still attend to the post December interview? I guess I am asking if it's worth it for me to attend to the interview while paying extra expensive flight/ hotel cost, missing finals (I'm still in school), time, and energy. This interview is on 12/5th, what would you guys do?!

I have not received any calls yet (attended to three interviews), knowing that attending to post December interview is lower chance for getting in, should I still attend to the post December interview? I guess I am asking if it's worth it for me to attend to the interview while paying extra expensive flight/ hotel cost, missing finals (I'm still in school), time, and energy. This interview is on 12/5th, what would you guys do?!
It doesn't mean that those schools won't make an offer for you later on. During my interviews students from dental schools said that some of them interviewed in a pre-Dec period but got an acceptance in Feb-March. Don't panic!
If I were you I would still go to post December interviews since you haven't got an acceptance yet. I mean, you went so far and now you are going to give up?! You already spent a lot of money, this is your last stretch.

If I didn’t get a call yesterday, what are the chances I get in still? (Specifically DCG, IS applicant)

I as well had three interviews and have not heard back from any. It is early in the game and it's important to still have hope no matter how discouraging it is. I wish us the best of luck and I hope we hear back soon.

Acceptance #1 Howard email @ 10/2 , 3:37

Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance to Roseman!

Acceptance #1: UCLA

Has anyone who's been accepted and is IS received a scholarship?

Acceptance #1: MUSC

I am beyond stoked and happy that I have been offered a seat at MUSC! I spent all day yesterday bummed that I never heard back, BUT they do say patience is key! Good luck to everyone and I hope you get in to wherever it is your heart desires!

Accepted to THE Medical University of South Carolina! Received via UPS mail ~6:50 pm 12-3-2019!!

To those who have not received an acceptance today, DO NOT GIVE UP. Last year, I didn't receive an acceptance- I didn't even receive an interview from any of the nine schools I applied to. But dentistry is my dream. After accepting my failure I reevaluated and strengthened my application for this year's cycle.
Now, I feel immensely fortunate to have had the opportunity to interview at four schools over this cycle. And honestly, I didn't change much from the previous year. But by reapplying I believe that the schools saw my determination and passion for the career. I persevered and it paid off- even though I could have given up.

Today, I feel so fortunate to say that I have been accepted to the University of Michigan. However, it took a second try and a whole lot of waiting. Remember that these messages are the highlight reels of the unseen struggles we all endured.
For those that didn't receive an acceptance yet, your time will eventually come and one day you'll be able click "POST REPLY" too.

[This message is for the person I was last year around this time.]

Hi there! Do you mind messaging me? I had a question but I cant message you haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

thanks, but that was just for interview, i havent received the call yet :arghh:
Still great news, many of the schools who interviewed me post december accepted me.. Press on this green icon to get luck :luck:

Interview #7
School: Western
Notification date: 12/5/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
Application complete date: 07/18/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.23, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/17

Acceptance: Buffalo - Email - 12/6 - 9:19am EST - OOS - Interviewed 11/8

Total Acceptances
UK-email/call
Louisville-email/call
NYU-email
BU-email
Nova-Call

Waitlisted
UF-email (state school)

is there one of those accepted to this school giving up my seat to these schools thread like last year

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted: University of Maryland School of Dentistry

Rejected (so far): Dental College of Georgia, UPenn

Accepted: Case Western
Waitlist: Utah, Kentucky, DCG (State school)
January interview offered at Louisville

acceptances:
UK - email at midnight, call later
IU - email at midnight, call later
western - call

waitlist:
UIC - my instate school.. ouch
Hey, curious - did UIC formally put you on a waitlist or did they just not accept/reject you?

Status
Not open for further replies.